• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I think I found definitive proof that Dark Pit will not be in the next Super Smash Bros. game.
Dark Pit is a literal clone in his source game. Do you know who else is a clone?
Mewtwo. Do you know who got cut from Melee? Mewtwo.
Do you know who else is a clone?
Snake. Do you know who got cut from Brawl? Snake.
Checkmate, Dark Pit fans. Irrefutable evidence.

Smash 5, DLC Clone Pack - Mewtwo, Snake, and Dark Pit

Smash 5, DLC Clone Pack - Mewtwo, Snake, and Dark Pit

First Smash DLC pack: The New Games pack

3DS:

- A Link Between Worlds stage + Music
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe stage + Music
- Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire stage + Music

Wii U:

- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze stage + Music
- Yoshi's Wooly World stage + Music
- NES Remix stage + Music

Astral Dog

The Demo made it easier to wait for the Wii U version for me,prefer the big screen, better graphics, and i couldnt get used to the controls.

If I got to choose DLC:

Chilly Challengers pack:
Ice Climbers + Anthony Higgs
Tropical Freeze stage
New music and new trophies

Not sure what I would do for my second - I don't feel like any of the veterans other than Ice Climbers need to come back.

If I made a DLC Pack, the first one would be an update pack.

- De-cloned Ganondorf
- Sonic w/ moves from Sonic Battle
- Samus w/ the Ice Beam, Plasma Beam, etc.
- Wario w/ moves from Wario Land

and so on. Would probably be a waste compared to new characters, and stages, but I always find characters being true to their source material as most important.

Platy

So ... was the pausegate/bullshotpause posted here ?

Aparently the 3DS increases image quality as soon as you pause

i9ybfkX15YPj4.gif

Genious programing ... since this is usualy when the pics will be taken.

User made bullshot ?

Clefargle

Dlc packs:

Newcomers:

(25$ or 50$ w/ purchase of Amiibo set)

Ridley
Dixie Kong
Impa
Rawk Hawk
Bomberman

Veterans:

(25$ or 50$ w/ purchase of Amiibo set)

Ice climbers
Mewtwo
Wolf
Snake
Lucas

Boom

The Demo made it easier to wait for the Wii U version for me,prefer the big screen, better graphics, and i couldnt get used to the controls.

I've played like twenty matches and I can't get the controls at all

Wavebird or gtfo.

I went from must buy to on the fence with the 3ds version

rekameohs

Banned

i9ybfkX15YPj4.gif

User made bullshot ?

Plenty of games have similar lower quality models from a distance. It's perfectly fine with me. A great way to keep the closeups high quality without compromising the rest of the game.

i9ybfkX15YPj4.gif

User made bullshot ?

I'm confused. Are people complaining about this? It's awesome.

I've played like twenty matches and I can't get the controls at all

Wavebird or gtfo.

I went from must buy to on the fence with the 3ds version

I agree.. and I'm sure I could warm up to the controls, but warming up to controls that are uncomfortable to me, before the release version, sounds like a bad idea.

I'm probably going to avoid the demo as much as possible, and first thing I do in the release game is change the controls to my satisfaction.

And I'm really hoping they patch in Dpad support for movement. Pisses me off really that it's not in there.

I agree.. and I'm sure I could warm up to the controls, but warming up to controls that are uncomfortable to me, before the release version, sounds like a bad idea.

I'm probably going to avoid the demo as much as possible, and first thing I do in the release game is change the controls to my satisfaction.

And I'm really hoping they patch in Dpad support for movement. Pisses me off really that it's not in there.

Yeah I kept trying to use the dpad, the circle just wasn't doing it for me.

zroid

Banned
I don't even understand how you could use a dpad to control this game. And yeah I know it was a thing in Brawl but still... wat.

I don't even understand how you could use a dpad to control this game. And yeah I know it was a thing in Brawl but still... wat.

I think people mainly want to be able to use the d-pad as a makeshift C-Stick for quick smashes. Maybe I'm wrong?

If people are seriously complaining about not being able to use the d-pad to play the whole game, I don't even...

huh I didn't know you were getting this game jamesinclair

Why wouldn't I?

And yes, first time I played the demo I was confused why my character was not moving right...

He was doing taunts. Yup. With the GC controller the dpad is so inconvenient I never used it, but on the 3ds the dpad is more natural.

Pyrokai

Hey guys....may I ask which items from Brawl were cut? I think someone posted an image of all the items but I can't find it. I heard the fan was gone after 3 entries :(

Does anyone think there will be more items in the Wii U version?

ffdgh

Hey guys....may I ask which items from Brawl were cut? I think someone posted an image of all the items but I can't find it. I heard the fan was gone after 3 entries :(

Does anyone think there will be more items in the Wii U version?

Fan
Cracker Launcher
stickers(lol)
CDs(♪)

I think that's it.

Richie

Fan
Cracker Launcher
stickers(lol)
CDs(♪)

I think that's it.

Good riddance to stickers, even if collecting artwork was an appealing idea with bad execution. CDs may appear on the U version, no surprise they're not on 3DS considering the 2-tracks-per-stage rule. A shame about the other two though, the Fan was a hilarious trolling item (we had an agreement not to rack more than 30% with it here though), and the Cracker Launcher was nuts, wonder why that one was cut.

Roo

Good riddance to stickers, even if collecting artwork was an appealing idea with bad execution. CDs may appear on the U version, no surprise they're not on 3DS considering the 2-tracks-per-stage rule. A shame about the other two though, the Fan was a hilarious trolling item (we had an agreement not to rack more than 30% with it here though), and the Cracker Launcher was nuts, wonder why that one was cut.
lol
my friends and I had a similar rule in place for the fan.
No more than 5 seconds per character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom