• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have enough Metroid.
Should just be a Tropical Freeze level.

How dare you say we have enough Metroid. There is no way I want to be stuck with a pitiful Other M stage while Metroid Prime is utterly under represented (or at least a good stage unlike Frigate Orpheon).

Tropical Freeze stage? The return of Summit?

You know as well as I do the Donkey Kong stage will be another jungle motif.

I'm happy Castle Siege is back in Smash Wii U, it was one of my more preferred stages in Brawl! I also hope to see Pirate Ship, Bridge of Eldin, Frigate Orpheon, and
Spear Pillar
return as well.

Though I know both Zelda stages from Brawl won't come back, so if I had to choose... Pirate Ship in glorious HD, please! (Alternatively, an entirely new Wind Waker HD stage would be great too.)

Why would he make fun of that? What a douchebag.
According to his video, it's because latching on to K. Rool being in Smash was how he made it through freshmen year of college. It's basically the only thing that gets him through he day, so he probably got irrationally annoyed when people requested characters who weren't K. Rool.

How dare you say we have enough Metroid. There is no way I want to be stuck with a pitiful Other M stage while Metroid Prime is utterly under represented (or at least a good stage unlike Frigate Orpheon).

You know as well as I do the Donkey Kong stage will be another jungle motif.
And you know as well as I do the Metroid stage will be either an underground cavern that flips upside-down or an underground cavern that has changing levels of lava.
I'm happy Castle Siege is back in Smash Wii U, it was one of my more preferred stages in Brawl! I also hope to see Pirate Ship, Bridge of Eldin, Frigate Orpheon, and
Spear Pillar
return as well.

Though I know both Zelda stages from Brawl won't come back, so if I had to choose... Pirate Ship in glorious HD, please! (Alternatively, an entirely new Wind Waker HD stage would be great too.)
Spear Pillar won't be in, we already know one of the Pokemon on the stage is now in a Pokeball.
According to his video, it's because latching on to K. Rool being in Smash was how he made it through freshmen year of college. It's basically the only thing that gets him through he day, so he probably got irrationally annoyed when people requested characters who weren't K. Rool.
I listened to the video. Holy crap, how could anyone be this obsessed over one character?
"I would like to stress that if we consider Smash to be a fanservice game, then it is an objective flaw to leave out one of the single most fan-requested characters worldwide."
Someone is projecting...

And you know as well as I do the Metroid stage will be either an underground cavern that flips upside-down or an underground cavern that has changing levels of lava.

Stop! I don't want to hear this! I want I continue living in a world where I believe Sakurai will grant my wishes with a Skytown Elysia, Sanctuary Fortress or Phendrana Drifts stage!
:'(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's actually the reason I love the Magicant and F-Zero SNES levels in the 3DS version. They're new levels dedicated to old games. This is the kind of stuff I like to see.

Same here. I wouldn't expect a good batch of retro stages tho. Duck Hunt Stage would be nice :)

Yes. They look terrible in gameplay. They may as well be sprites for as good as they look while playing, imho.

That's awful. You couldn't see the difference between the 30FPS and 60FPS in YouTube videos (since it runs at 30FPS anyway) but this is truly abysmal.
Maybe it was better to have Ice Climbers cut if they would've looked as bad as the Pikmin do.

Lunar15

Well, we are seeing a stage based on Pac-Land, which is pretty weird and out of left field.

...and Pilotwings.

We're going to get wrecking crew and everyone's gonna fucking have to deal with it.

Also, looking at that PotD, Ike looks considerably shorter than expected. That or Robin and Marth are taller than expected.

Axass

I want all Smash 64 stages back! Specially a big Sector Z, Corneria is too small.

From Melee I would like Fourside and Pokefloats. From Brawl I want the Wind Waker and Yoshi's Island stages.

Best stage in Smash's history. I'd play there every match back in the day.

Quick question, is the slow down in the demo in the retail product? started playing this today and am really enjoying the demo, but every few matches it slows down to a crawl for a few seconds. Not sure if this is intentional or just a hardware issue.

Sure this is already been asked but any insight would be awesome.

Kyou

Quick question, is the slow down in the demo in the retail product? started playing this today and am really enjoying the demo, but every few matches it slows down to a crawl for a few seconds. Not sure if this is intentional or just a hardware issue.

There's an item that slows down time

Azure J

And better luck next time, Takamaru.
tumblr_nc585vs7Cp1rmec6bo1_250.png

What's this all about now?

Dimmle

We're going to get wrecking crew and everyone's gonna fucking have to deal with it.

Also, looking at that PotD, Ike looks considerably shorter than expected. That or Robin and Marth are taller than expected.

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom

EDIT: Urban Champion

Had this exact issue when doing local play, without getting the item that slows down time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think the funniest thing about all this is that they form these invite only threads on Smash Boards that simply lead to insular thoughts. So what is in reality about five people repeating their support for their character of choice everyday transforms in their mind into world wide support.

That's awful. You couldn't see the difference between the 30FPS and 60FPS in YouTube videos (since it runs at 30FPS anyway) but this is truly abysmal.
Maybe it was better to have Ice Climbers cut if they would've looked as bad as the Pikmin do.
I don't think the Pikmin are running at 30fps. Looks a lot less than that, like maybe 15

I think the funniest thing about all this is that they form these invite only threads on Smash Boards that simply lead to insular thoughts. So what is in reality about five people repeating their support for their character of choice everyday transforms in their mind into world wide support.
"I would like to stress that if we consider Smash to be a fanservice game, then it is an objective flaw to leave out one of the single most fan-requested characters worldwide."
Projecting.
I don't think the Pikmin are running at 30fps. Looks a lot less than that, like maybe 15

I remember rumors of a Pikmin 3DS game. I can't even imagine how that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom