• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I have been busy with games lately, sad to hear about the demo limit, but it should still be more then enough plays until launch day.

in others news.....I have access to a Wii U now! =D

*this was sent from the wii u* xD

CassSept

Since I've been out of the loop for the last week, new PotDs from now on until WiiU version release will be more cool tidbits than spoilers of unlockable stages/characters, right? That's what I understood from Sakurai's posts, I would be glad if someone could confirm that.

Edit: Nevermind, I've misread, so it's no unlockable stuff until Oct 3rd and after that WiiU tidbits until WiiU release?

Edit2: Thanks Golnei, yeah I noticed, that's cool.

Golnei

Since I've been out of the loop for the last week, new PotDs from now on until WiiU version release will be more cool tidbits than spoilers of unlockable stages/characters, right? That's what I understood from Sakurai's posts, I would be glad if someone could confirm that.

It seems that way, though if the last one is any indication, we'll at least get a little bit of new information about the Wii U version. And it seems likely that the unlockable characters' profiles will be uploaded some time after the international 3DS release.

BKSmash

What do you guys think the chances for a Nintendo Land stage are? I believe that Sakurai could come up with some really cool ideas for it.

zroid

Banned
What do you guys think the chances for a Nintendo Land stage are? I believe that Sakurai could come up with some really cool ideas for it.

Not expecting it, but it's something I would love. Heck, I wouldn't even mind Monita being an Assist Trophy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Say, where is the Mother victory tune from in Brawl and 4? I know 64 and Melee uses the last bits of Mother 2/EB's Eight Melodies.

So a Rhythm Heaven logo was found in the 3DS data.

I'm pretty sure our RH rep will be DLC.
It's pretty great that when you quoted Starphoenix on the logo, you removed the text that said he hoped it would be in the files.
Ask & you shall receive.

Was hoping someone would find this in the 3DS files. :'(

NE8tadg.png

Oh well...

Out of curiosity, why would the Rhythm Heaven symbol in the game be the logo without the words? No other series does this - Olimar was given a flower, and Shulk was just given the Monado. Why couldn't the Chorus Kids have a music note or something? It would be far more recognizable.

Speaking of avatars, your new one still has some background visible, you should cover that up with more Lucina ASAP.
_____v___v
image.php

I'm really hoping for it, and maybe we will get one (we have a song from Mysterious Murasame Castle in the 3DS version). So far, all but Takamaru and Balloon Fighter are in to represent their respective series.

Say, where is the Mother victory tune from in Brawl and 4? I know 64 and Melee uses the last bits of Mother 2/EB's Eight Melodies.
Mother [1]'s title screen, but sped up significantly.

I'm disappointed they didn't go back to EarthBound's "Eight Melodies" for Ness's victory theme this time around, when he's the only one present.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, I didn't realize we got a new POTD (an actual one!) yesterday!

Castle Siege makes me HYPE! Like others have said, we have a non-Mario series getting TWO Stages, one new, one old! I hope every series gets this treatment in the Wii U Version (except the newcomers).

Ryce

Out of curiosity, why would the Rhythm Heaven symbol in the game be the logo without the words? No other series does this - Olimar was given a flower, and Shulk was just given the Monado. Why couldn't the Chorus Kids have a music note or something? It would be far more recognizable.
Yeah, the musical note is what I've been expecting.

YHIEbPy.png

FoOEGe9.png

Golnei

Some updated SSB64 stages. Only How to Play has any alterations to its model, the rest are just updated textures.

They'd have fit into SSB4 decently well, especially the 3DS version. And Mushroom Kingdom wouldn't have required any visual changes at all due to its aesthetic - a shame they chose to only include already-converted past stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom