• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

"I would like to stress that if we consider Smash to be a fanservice game, then it is an objective flaw to leave out one of the single most fan-requested characters worldwide."
Projecting.

I remember rumors of a Pikmin 3DS game. I can't even imagine how that would work.

Yea I don't think a traditional Pikmin game would be a good idea for the 3DS

Guys, I think I found definitive proof that Dark Pit will not be in the next Super Smash Bros. game.
Dark Pit is a literal clone in his source game. Do you know who else is a clone?
Mewtwo. Do you know who got cut from Melee? Mewtwo.
Do you know who else is a clone?
Snake. Do you know who got cut from Brawl? Snake.
Checkmate, Dark Pit fans. Irrefutable evidence.

zruben

Banned
Guys, I think I found definitive proof that Dark Pit will not be in the next Super Smash Bros. game.
Dark Pit is a literal clone in his source game. Do you know who else is a clone?

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I know you are joking about it but come on, Stop being Tsundere. Just admit your love for Dark Pit.

Fine, fine. I'll stop.

Oh my. I thought you are going to stop doing that! :p

GBA?
hahaha
I can't even imagine what kind of a game that would be.
I know you are joking about it but come on, Stop being Tsundere. Just admit your love for Dark Pit.
Oh my. I thought you are going to stop doing that! :p
I had to look up what that term meant - at best I'll be indifferent to him (like Wolf).
I said I'd stop the Dark Pit bashing, but this is just undeniable proof that Dark Pit won't be in the next game. Can you think of a counter argument against this? No?
Flawless logic right here. Enjoy your Dark Pit for the next five to six years, because you won't see him back again!

Dark Pit won't be playable in the next Smash because Sakurai will do what his heart tells him to and put in Viridi ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

EhoaVash

I'm playing through kid icaurs uprising cause of the smash sale....and wow ....

I want to LIKE this game ..BUT ...uug the on land ground sections are kinda awful ...cause of the stupid camera D: ..

why couldn't this game be on wii u, damn it sakurai.

I want to LIKE this game ..BUT ...uug the on land ground sections are kinda awful ...cause of the stupid camera D: ..

Don't dash too hard on the ground :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't even imagine what kind of a game that would be.

I had to look up what that term meant - at best I'll be indifferent to him (like Wolf).
I said I'd stop the Dark Pit bashing, but this is just undeniable proof that Dark Pit won't be in the next game. Can you think of a counter argument against this? No?
Flawless logic right here. Enjoy your Dark Pit for the next five to six years, because you won't see him back again!

That's fine with me because Smash 4 is more likely to be last game for me. :) If I'm still around so If Dark Pit got cut then I would be okay with it since they probably add more newcomers that might expand the roster for best.

I'm pretty much used to fighting games since they always cut characters in the sequels.

Dark Pit won't be playable in the next Smash because Sakurai will do what his heart tells him to and put in Viridi ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)
Yes.

Welcome to the club.
I would be really happy with a Wii U remake or a sequel on Wii U, preferably with more control options
and a little bit less dialog.
That's fine with me because Smash 4 is more likely to be last game for me. :) If I'm still around so If Dark Pit got cut then I would be okay with it since they probably add more newcomers that might expand the roster for best.

I'm pretty much used to fighting games since they always cut characters in the sequels.
Why is this going to be your last?

Seems it was down for a while

Is something wrong? Did someone hurt its feelings?
I knew this always happy face was fake.

You'll be back for Smash 5 ;)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My stages prediction (just for fun)

Mario: Delfino Plaza
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion
Peach:
Rosalina: Mario Galaxy
Bowser/Bowser Jr: Mushroom Kingdom U
Dr. Mario: Battlefield

Link: Skyloft
Zelda/Sheik: Hyrule Temple
Ganondorf:
Toon Link: Pirate Ship

Pikachu: Pokemon Stadium
Jigglypuff: Pokemon Stadium 2
Charizard:
Lucario: Spear Pillar
Greninja: Kalos Pokemon League

Marth/Ike: Castle Siege
Robin/Lucina: Coliseum

Kirby: New Kirby stage
Metaknight: Halberd
Dedede:

Pit/Dark Pit: Skyworld (or new stage)
Palutena: Palutena's Temple

Fox: Great Fox (New Stage)
Falco: Lylat Cruise

Samus: Nofair
Zero Suit Samus: Pyrospehere

Donkey Kong: Rumble Falls
Diddy Kong: DKCR stage (or DKCR:FT stage)

Yoshi: Yoshi's Island or New Yoshi stage
Captain Falcon: Big Blue
Ness: Onett
Olimar: Garden of Hope
Little Mac: Boxing Ring
Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fit Studio
Villager: Animal Crossing's Town and City
Shulk: Gaur Plain
Mii: Pilotwing

Mr. Game and Watch: FlatZone 3
R.O.B: Mute City or Gyromite or 75m
Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt Pond or The Pond

Sonic: Windy Hill
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Castle
Pac-Man: Pac-Land

Summit
Final Destination

My stages prediction (just for fun)

Mario: Delfino Plaza
Luigi: Luigi's Mansion
Peach:
Rosalina: Mario Galaxy
Bowser/Bowser Jr: Mushroom Kingdom U
Dr. Mario: Battlefield

Link: Skyloft
Zelda/Sheik: Hyrule Temple
Ganondorf:
Toon Link: Pirate Ship

Pikachu: Pokemon Stadium
Jigglypuff: Pokemon Stadium 2
Charizard:
Lucario: Spear Pillar
Greninja: Kalos Pokemon League

Marth/Ike: Castle Siege
Robin/Lucina: Coliseum

Kirby: New Kirby stage
Metaknight: Halberd
Dedede:

Pit/Dark Pit: Skyworld (or new stage)
Palutena: Palutena's Temple

Fox: Great Fox (New Stage)
Falco: Lylat Cruise

Samus: Nofair
Zero Suit Samus: Pyrospehere

Donkey Kong: Rumble Falls
Diddy Kong: DKCR stage (or DKCR:FT stage)

Yoshi: Yoshi's Island or New Yoshi stage
Captain Falcon: Big Blue
Ness: Onett
Olimar: Garden of Hope
Little Mac: Boxing Ring
Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fit Studio
Villager: Animal Crossing's Town and City
Shulk: Gaur Plain
Mii: Pilotwing

Mr. Game and Watch: FlatZone 3
R.O.B: Mute City or Gyromite or 75m
Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt Pond or The Pond

Sonic: Windy Hill
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Castle
Pac-Man: Pac-Land

Summit
Final Destination
Peach: Super Mario 3D World
Ganondorf: Bridge of Eldin
Charizard: Pokéfloats 2 (Pokémon Rumble U)
Kirby: Patchland
Dedede: Cookie Country

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Every character gets a stage?
Seems optimistic. ..

>.> did you actually read the list? I had few characters using same stage? The clone characters are more likely to have shared stages or random stages? :p

Peach: Super Mario 3D World
Ganondorf: Bridge of Eldin
Charizard: Pokéfloats 2 (Pokémon Rumble U)
Kirby: Patchland
Dedede: Cookie Country

Not bad choices but I can't really see Kirby getting two new stages. After seeing 5 Mario stages in 3DS so I could see that happening for Mario but I'm not sure about deadline for most recently stages like Mario 3D World.

Not bad choices but I can't really see Kirby getting two new stages. After seeing 5 Mario stages in 3DS so I could see that happening for Mario but I'm not sure about deadline for most recently stages like Mario 3D World.

Kirby had two major console releases since Brawl. Kirby had three stages in Melee, so it's not unprecedented.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lets stop hating on Dark Pit and hate on a far worse newcomer

Duck Hunt

qVFIFIs.gif

:p

Kirby had two major console releases since Brawl. Kirby had three stages in Melee, so it's not unprecedented.

Hmm, you got a fair point there. I would like to add something, I would estimate that we might receive almost same numbers of stages as we did for 3DS. Also I have a feeling that we are getting Green Green as returning stage for Kirby tho. Pictochat might have a chance to be back.

Smash 3DS had 34 stages (only 9 stages were returning)

I feel like you're trying to get a response from IntelliHeath here

He won! :p

Hmm, you got a fair point there. I would like to add something, I would estimate that we might receive almost same numbers of stages as we did for 3DS. Also I have a feeling that we are getting Green Green as returning stage for Kirby tho. Pictochat might have a chance to be back.

Smash 3DS had 34 stages (only 9 stages were returning)

I think it's kind of moot since it's pretty likely we'll have some DLC packs in the future.

Only if we are getting one :p

Oh Super Smash Bros will be getting DLC packs in the future. New Super Mario Bros. U had one (more of an expansion though), Pikmin 3 had some, Mario Kart 8 is getting some, Hyrule Warriors is getting some -- and that is not even counting the 3DS titles like Fire Emblem: Awakening and Mario Golf -- there is no way Nintendo is going to let their biggest cash cow go without being milked. I'm sure they and Sakurai already have a plan in place.

Fiktion

Banned
Also, all that FE:A spoiler talk reminds me that I really need to play more of that game. Kinda switched to Layton vs. Wright, but been moving through that very slowly as it is, soooo... I had just done the mission on the shoreline town on the second continent, which is roughly halfway through, I think.

I put 100 hours into Awakening on my first playthrough. It's presently my favorite 3DS game.

I'd be severely disappointed if the Wii U version doesn't have more stages than the 3DS version. Kirby and DK are practically guaranteed new stages. A Mario Kart stage or another Mario stage seems like a safe bet as well. Wario is the strange one because unless he gets a new one or both versions share the same Brawl retro stage, than he wouldn't have his own stage. With those, the Wii U version is already at two less new stages than the 3DS version and with only one new Zelda and Pokemon stage, which would be strange for the two series with the 2nd most reps. Then there's G&W, R.O.B, Yoshi, Duck Hunt Dog, Ness, and Captain falcon having to rely on retro stages (or not having a stage).

Lets stop hating on Dark Pit and hate on a far worse newcomer

Duck Hunt

Shots fired.

While I'm still not wild on the general name of "Duck Hunt" (which the announcer has to specify, to avoid calling him "Da Cunt") I'm actually pretty excited to see him. At first, I thought he was some stupid character, but I really like the way they've incorporated three different light gun games together into one character. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom