• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys let's discuss which Lucina alt is your favorite :p

The colors of her canon mother, Sumia.
gDtUAAt.png

I'm still leaning lighter pink/lighter hair as Toon Zelda. She isn't that blonde in Ocarina of Time or Melee.

Lucina probably has my favorite colors in terms of everything being a reference to something or in this case, a different FE:A girl. I'd say the same for Samus but while it'd obviously be more work, part of me wishes stuff like the Fusion/Dark/Light suit physically changed her suit model as well. Palutena's suffer a bit from her hair color never changing so the Pandora/Viridi/Hades/Medussa references in her recolors don't come through that well.

Pac-Man and Sonic both have the worst colors by far. Pac especially since in the 3DS character select screen I can barely even tell them apart since his gloves and shoes are mostly cropped out!

Golnei

I think Tharja's palette looks the worst - if anything, it should have been used on Robin. As for the rest, Tiki's the best, followed by Lissa, Cordelia, Sumia, Cherche and Nowi; Tharja in last place because of the ugly, clashing shade of yellow chosen. They really should have replaced the last three with Nephenee, Mia and Eirika.

Moonlight

Banned
hey guys let's discuss which Lucina alt is your favorite :p
Cordelia Anna alt, Tiki alt, and the Tharja alt. Tharja mostly just because I think the black hair/tunic looks really good on Lucina than Tharja herself. Cordelia Anna alt for the obvious reasons, and Tiki pulls double duty as repping the Best Manakete and if you squint you can say she's repping Terra, too.

I think Tharja's palette looks the worst - if anything, it should have been used on Robin. As for the rest, Tiki's the best, followed by Lissa, Cordelia, Sumia, Cherche and Nowi; Tharja in last place because of the ugly, clashing shade of yellow chosen. They really should have replaced the last three with Nephenee, Mia and Eirika.

*nods*

I like this suggestion!

Cordelia Anna alt, Tiki alt, and the Tharja alt. Tharja mostly just because I think the black hair/tunic looks really good on Lucina than Tharja herself. Cordelia Anna alt for the obvious reasons, and Tiki pulls double duty as repping the Best Manakete and if you squint you can say she's repping Terra, too.

awww you'll come around to admitting it eventually :3

Neiteio

I think Tharja Lucina looks nice. Black and gold is always an eye-catching combination. That Lissa Lucina looks amazing, though.

At any rate, my favorite alternate color is green Bowser, who I like to interpret as a throwback to Bowser's sprite in SMB1 and SMW. And while it might not have been intentional, it also reminds me of "King Koopa" in the DIC cartoon.

ssb-alts-bowser01bgu67.png

180px-TAoSMB3Bowser.jpg

Also, speaking of recolours, I like how the Zero Mission palette looks on Brawl Ridley. It makes the googly eyes seem a little less incongruous, at least.

I also think that color palette makes Ridley look cooler as well.

Brawl mods, I love them so.

Haven't seen any good Ridley movesets though.

And you still believe the Bowser alt is based on ALTTP?

Huh? I was just pulling that up because it seemed familiar and I was wondering if the pink hair was just reminding me of Link to the Past's Link. Of course I don't actually believe that.

And yeah, I'm still on board with dark purple blonde Zelda being Ocarina of Time Zelda and pink light blonde Zelda being Toon Zelda.

On the subject of support conversations, it really bothered me that most conversations went like this:
C rank: friendly conversation
B rank: friendly conversation
A rank: friendly conversation
S rank: MARRY ME
I know they had to keep options open, but it just seems so sudden.

Golnei

On the subject of support conversations, it really bothered me that most conversations went like this:
C rank: friendly conversation
B rank: friendly conversation
A rank: friendly conversation
S rank: MARRY ME
I know they had to keep options open, but it just seems so sudden.

tumblr_n9wgjf2wOW1skqdh1o2_400.png

tumblr_n9wgjf2wOW1skqdh1o1_400.png

Huh? I was just pulling that up because it seemed familiar and I was wondering if the pink hair was just reminding me of Link to the Past's Link. Of course I don't actually believe that.

And yeah, I'm still on board with dark purple blonde Zelda being Ocarina of Time Zelda and pink light blonde Zelda being Toon Zelda.
Huh? Im just playin around relax

oh I just realized PotD is tomorrow not today lol
I thought the same thing :(

I hope I'm not the only one that's bothered by the lack of a hair color change in Palutena's character-inspired costumes.
Add Marth and Ike to that list as well.

I would have never gotten that obscure Japanese Mario Bros movie costume without thatr gallery. Now, where are our western SMB movie palettes?

Golnei

That's literally what I said near the top of this page! Makes the references really vague and nobody else's hair seemed off-limits so it's weird.

I share that sentiment - it also serves to make the costumes less distinct than they could be. The same could also be said for Marth's Roy palette, Ike's Greil and Chrom palettes, Link's ALTTP palette and a few others. Maybe I should do a few colour edits to demonstrate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pretty sure that's not a Dr. Stewart reference what with the lack of red scarf and blue gloves. Also Pico's colours don't seem to match at all.

However, what the colours do seem to match is their vehicle's colours.

rsFS3fA.jpg

I share that sentiment - it also serves to make the costumes less distinct than they could be. The same could also be said for Marth's Roy palette, Ike's Greil and Chrom palettes, Link's ALTTP palette and a few others. Maybe I should do a few colour edits to demonstrate.

Sakurai loves Awakening confirmed

Please do.

Pac Man has the worst colors though - I remember looking at GameXplain's video of all the color swaps, and being unable to tell what color he was because his hands and feet were cut off.

light x dark samus is best suit color

also like the game boy colors for kirby and king dedede

also :eek: at the toon link colors, never saw all the retro ones, might just use him occasionally now, as opposed to never, link to the past link B^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom