• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEH. That's not Atomic Fire.

It's Flame Blast!

The blue one is also Air Shooter, not Ice Slasher. RESEARCH, TUMBLR PEOPLE! But it is neat that the weapons he uses are actually represented with their proper alt colors.

So the Ice Climbers are dead in Smash once again?

EDIT: Since we've been talking so much about colors, which colors do you feel are missing? If there was costume DLC, what would you want in?
For me, I'd like Olimar/Alph to have sixteen colors like Little Mac, and among those colors should be a black and white President outfit.
Outset Island Pajamas for Toon Link would also be amazing, even if it kept the cap like the Skyward Sword Link outfit.
Rosalina could have a really cool Cosmic Spirit outfit, or maybe the karting outfit.
Same goes for Peach and her karting outfit.
And then of course, Lucina's yukata would be awesome.

NeonZ

Ness could use a Lucas outfit. Might as well include Paula and some other party members too while at it, aside from the ones without any psychic powers at all, since they're already giving Ness Paula's and Poo's powers.

A proper Blood Falcon alternate costume for Captain Falcon.

I know this is debatable, but I think a Toon Ganondorf model swap could work for Ganondorf as he is. He'd end up with longer legs than the original but that shouldn't change the design much unlike other Toon characters considering how they're mostly hidden under his mantle.

Ness could use a Lucas outfit. Might as well include Paula and some other party members too while at it, aside from the ones without any psychic powers at all, since they're already giving Ness Paula's and Poo's powers.

A proper Blood Falcon alternate costume for Captain Falcon.

One of the characters is actually named "Poo?"
No wonder the game stinks.
ebsac_mail_inside.jpg

Wario's colors were gimped SO hard. None of the ones I liked from Brawl have returned. I'll likely just use default biker/Wario Land Wario. Meh.

I'm completely happy with Wario's moveset but GOD DAMN I never wanted to just stick with the default color for a character like this, let alone my favorite one.

whyyyyyyy

CassSept

Yeah Sakurai is just so hateful. Look at Kirby, it's one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises and what? No new characters and not a single stage in the starting roster. Is this a joke? Why does Sakurai hate Kirby so much?

zroid

Banned
Yeah Sakurai is just so hateful. Look at Kirby, it's one of Nintendo's best-selling franchises and what? No new characters and not a single stage in the starting roster. Is this a joke? Why does Sakurai hate Kirby so much?

Not to mention how much he nerfed Meta Knight. That's some serious bias.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On to the topic of alternate costumes/skins, I had a look at how the different characters looked inverted. Only Mario and Rockman look even remotely passable:

ssb_mario_invertedphyaw.png

ssb_rockman_invertedg2a49.png

Golnei

This is only a very rough approximation, but it should show the difference that changes in hair colour would have made for the referential palette swaps.

palswa64axd.png

Golnei

smh no poke floats or brinstar depths, looking at that rumor stage list

wii u can actually handle those stages ;_; why sakurai why

It was never a question of whether the Wii U was capable of running those stages; only whether they had already been converted for Brawl - which is why we'll never see Brinstar Depths, Mushroom Kingdom, Fourside, Fountain of Dreams or Pokefloats again.

Richie

I'm wary of that list...Lists Nintendo Land twice, includes some past stages that are already in the handheld version, and Smashville coming back when Town and City is here? Not to mention Yoshi's Island as the lone stage from Melee that wasn't in Brawl is incredibly odd...

Ryce

I was hoping to see Smashville on 3DS. It's from Wild World, a handheld title, and it nicely complements the tropical Tortimer Island.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ah, you know, the reason I posted that was I was thinking that popped up before Castle Siege, but I guess it was a day after.

endless ocean stage would own but it's not gonna happen

also what would a stage named "game & wario" even be
i still have my money on a 9-Volt's Room stage

shaowebb

Okay what in the hell does the Flag do? Its a little 8 bit flag, I grab it, I stop moving, it shines a bunch then says +1! And thats it. No fucking clue what just happened. Also how in the hell do you use the fairy bottle to get that 100% health refill?

Berordn

Okay what in the hell does the Flag do? Its a little 8 bit flag, I grab it, I stop moving, it shines a bunch then says +1! And thats it. No fucking clue what just happened. Also how in the hell do you use the fairy bottle to get that 100% health refill?

the flag grants you +1 kos to your score. In stock matches it gives you a bonus stock.

fairy bottle only works when your health >=100%.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Rumor has to be fake because no event matches. Event matches have to return so we have some sort of decent single player mode!

Berordn

Not a chance in hell, though Pokemon Stadium 2 getting in over 1 is stupid enough for me to believe it.

I'd actually be okay with Stadium 2 if they went the extra mile and added all of the Stadium 1 transformations into it.

I realize I'm likely in the minority in this because it would kill the Stadium as a potential counterpick.

shaowebb

the flag grants you +1 kos to your score. In stock matches it gives you a bonus stock.

fairy bottle only works when your health >=100%.

Many thanks. I didn't have a clue on those ones. I'm loving this BTW. Megaman feels beast.

What you wanna jump over me? Airshot carries them away.
You trying to anti air my jump in? Hard Knuckle KO.

Feels so great. These two moves have so many setups too. Spark needle sucks them in, uppercut, airshot KO. Up throw Airshot KO. Uppercut Airshot KO. Up B (rushcoil) into Down A (hard knuckle) KO.

Plus his slide and his top spin are relentless tools to keep him inside on folks. Still getting the hang of his other tools. I'm actually able to use leaf shield if I jump because then I got time to summon it and use it for a safe landing approach. I'm needing to get better at the flame pillar, and jumping slash attacks. They seem really good, but I'm not consistent yet where I'm still learning his stuff. His metal blade reminds me of Yoshi Egg aiming. Tap B then flick quickly after that to send it in another direction. Its useful but will take time to get accurate with and it can be used against him.

Megaman is DEFINITELY going to be one of my guys. Just so good at controlling space and staying a threat during any method of approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom