• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

Yeah but then people could get locked out :p

Not necessarily.
tumblr_n1s9cpHD7R1rqz5qko4_r3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mocsr9w5GD1rqz5qko5_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n9pwa8Q9RO1rmec6bo1_500.png

tumblr_my120w8B8Z1rqz5qko5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_n32bfmhO3x1rqz5qko2_r2_500.gif

That Wii U stage leak is interesting and I want it to be true, because it's a great list but also because it would confirm the other stuff this guy has claimed (Wii U release characters including Chorus Kids, Tower of Smash, etc.).

I kinda think it's bogus, though, because while I do think the Wii U version will have more total stages than the 3DS version (it almost certainly will), I don't think it'll have THAT many. Also, I noticed that the leaker listed Endless Ocean twice... which doesn't really prove anything either way (legitimate leakers can make typos like anyone else), but it's something to consider.

EDIT: The leaker listed Nintendo Land and Pilotwings twice as well. That's a fairly big set of typos.

Sakurai hates Meta Knight confirmed.

Sakurai also hates Palutena confirmed.

Sakurai's bias for his own characters and series is so obvious!

I just realized the guy said "Break the Targets is back and unique for each character!"
51 unique Break the Target maps.

So he repeats the same order twice:

Pilot Wings
Endless Ocean
Nintendo Land
Pilot Wings
Endless Ocean
Nintendo Land

I'm thinking he had this list somewhere else and then accidentally copied and pasted these three when doing the bottom half of the list.

Like Meta Knight's wings, I think :p

But even then Meta Knight uses them for his jumps, like Pit. Why wouldn't Ridley have that too?

Is the Ridley in this "leak" supposed to be "teen Ridley" who then sprouts wings?
Funny though, that with all the issues of Ridley being a playable character, the problem fixed in this "leak" was the wings. Apparently that was an issue fixed by removing them entirely.

Funny though, that with all the issues of Ridley being a playable character, the problem fixed in this "leak" was the wings. Apparently that was an issue fixed by removing them entirely.

With all the mistakes in this leak, I wouldn't be surprised if he/she forgot to mention Ridley grew/ unfolded his wings when he jumps.

But since we have
- a man who does nothing but punches
- a fitness instructor
- someone from animal crossing
- a dog
all as playable, interesting characters, I feel that Sakurai could make a giant, flying space pirate work.
An all-flying moveset doesn't sound too bad either.

Ridley_struttin.gif

Nia

I would absolutely love the Forest Haven being a stage. I'd like this to be true for that and Ridley, Impa, and Mewtwo being playable.

-No DLC

There are two game franchises that I would spend any and all amounts of money on if they had DLC.

1. Super Smash Bros.
2. Marvel vs. Capcom

If we have to wait another 6 years for the next Smash, and all of the other big Nintendo franchises start to get DLC, yet Smash does not, I'd be super disappointed.
I got $100 PSN bucks for MvC3.

Man baby Ridley NEEDS to be in smash.
As a trophy at least.
Get with the times! Didn't you hear that Baby Ridley is going to be in the third DLC pack of Mario Kart 8, representing the Metroid franchise? He'll fit right in with the five other babies.

I heard they were coming out with a new Metroid game.

Still, It's sad to know that one terrible game can almost destroy a great franchise.
They've hinted at it, but nothing has been solidly confirmed.
I wouldn't be surprised if the big Holiday 2014 Nintendo Direct will reveal the next Metriod though.

Are you guys seriously considering that Ridley is only in the Wii U version?

Yes, and No.

The only reason anybody thinks Ridley still has a chance is because of Spainkiller's leak, 4 characters in the WiiU by default, and in the 3DS as DLC.

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to believe WiiU exclusive characters after the Ice Climbers announcement.

J@hranimo

Banned
It will be a random 3DS pic with some funny caption. Nothing more.

Because I've been right ever single time before with my predictions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom