• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the "who heard of DLC in a fighting game" comment, I thought he may be a troll.
I don't think he is a troll any more though, since this is the kind of stuff he uploads.

EDIT: Here is an actual LP video, where he plays Pikmin 2. I bet at one point, he references that unfunny "Steve" joke that's made any time Pikmin is brought up.

Wait, who?

Man, Steve joke was so funny at first when it happened during Chugga's LP

Although even from that LP, his freak out over the supposed massive pikmin massacre was better

Wait, who?

Man, Steve joke was so funny at first when it happened during Chugga's LP

Although even from that LP, his freak out over the supposed massive pikmin massacre was better

PerfectPhoenixLPs. He wrote some stupid comments on this video.

I personally never thought "Steve" was funny, but really it's the fault of Chugga's fanbase for overusing the joke. I'll give him credit for avoiding references of it in his Pikmin 2 playthrough though, I know he tried not to mention it. It's not his fault for the deluge of annoying "Steve" comments on absolutely everything related to Pikmin.
I'm a firm believer that a fanbase, however awful it may be, cannot be used to judge the source material, and that not all fans can be judged based off of the most vocal members.

My calculations project there is only a 4% chance the Wii U version will have an awesome timeshifting Lanayru Desert stage, and only a 0.2% chance that it will appear in tonight's POTD. :(

Hmmm...probably the only other Skyward Sword stage I could stomach.

Roo

Post your realistic worst case scenario for the Wii U version:
Same number of stages as 3DS version.
No additional characters.
Ridley as a controllable stage hazard with GamePad.
All alts and colors the same as 3DS version.

There would be very little hype for that game for me.

I know I'm late to the party about this but the only thing that has the power to totally kill my hype for Smash Bros Wii U is the roster.
If somehow it ends up with the same amount of stages as the 3DS version, I would be disappointed considering how lackluster the 3DS stage roster is.

I don't care about modes, items and costumes so yeah, the stage roster is the only think keeping it alive.

Richie

That guy really likes Cooking Mama as a character, even though she's third party. For those who don't want to look through all the comments, here are some of PerfectPhoenixLPs' highlights.

I love that Duck Hunt Dog doesn't belong in "a place full of things like Heroes and guns" yet Cooking Mama does

Nia

At least she got in as a AT.
Plus thanks to Little Mac we know that doesn't get rid of their chances in the future.

I don't consider that to be that great, but yes, there is at least a chance she'll get the Little Mac treatment. If only I wouldn't have to wait years for a mere possibility.

TDLink

It has around 20 more stages than 3DS when I'm sure they'll be the dame, give or take three.

It has two new Donkey Kong and Metroid stages. Nuff said.

(If it is from the Tower guy.) It has exclusive singleplayer modes when Sakurai has already said the 3DS will be more single player focused. I highly doubt the WiiU will get any exclusive mode, especially single player after whats been said.
The single player content seems really barebones on 3DS to me tho...So I wouldn't mind being wrong but I just don't see it.

There is no way this can be real. Its not realistic at all.

Regardless of if this "leak" is real or not, I am 100% confident that the Wii U game will have "Exclusive" modes that are not featured in the 3DS game.

I can't trust a rumor that says Other M Ridley is playable. We all know he will be a stage boss.

It would be more believable if he said classic Ridley would be playable, because Ridley in Other M is a clone.
...why? The Ridley shown off at the Direct was character sized. It showed Other M tail. If Ridley is playable, it is probably Other M Ridley wether we like it or not.
I want Super Metroid Ridley very badly.

Aw, who am I kidding we ain't gonna get DLC lol.

Edit: @ The above: It very well might, but I also think theres a high chance that it won't. If there is its probably a mutiplayer only mode, nothing sp imo.

Jawmuncher

I don't consider that to be that great, but yes, there is at least a chance she'll get the Little Mac treatment. If only I wouldn't have to wait years for a mere possibility.

Yeah the fact that theres always so much time between smash games is what makes Newcomers Reveals and Cut Characters so maddening.

Mr Buddy

I'm not exactly a photoshop expert, but i shopped all of the new stages in that rumor on to the wii u stage select screen.

Nm1zYO9.png

Just some food for thought. I'm not sure where SmashGaf stands on the leak, so hopefully this isn't offensive to you guys :S

Cade

I'm not exactly a photoshop expert, but i shopped all of the new stages in that rumor on to the wii u stage select screen.

Just some food for thought. I'm not sure where SmashGaf stands on the leak, so hopefully this isn't offensive to you guys :S

That looks glorious

I'd be pretty pleased with that.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm...probably the only other Skyward Sword stage I could stomach.

The other idea I had was a floating platform stage in Sealed Grounds which slowly rotates 360 degrees, while Groose is in the background hurling projectiles which you sometimes need to avoid. :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think Mute City is meant to be the same as the 3DS Version.

Also no clue if Jungle Hijinx is the original Country version, or the Returns version, I'd go with the latter since I can't imagine there being no Returns level...

The other idea I had was a floating platform stage in Sealed Grounds which slowly rotates 360 degrees, while Groose is in the background hurling projectiles which you sometimes need to avoid. :p

there should be a stage where Fi appears in the background
and MrSaturn99 will ragequit every time that stage is picked

Mr Buddy

I think Mute City is meant to be the same as the 3DS Version.

Also no clue if Jungle Hijinx is the original Country version, or the Returns version, I'd go with the latter since I can't imagine there being no Returns level...

I think you're probably right on those. I'll update the image.

Roo

If there's a wii u bowser's castle stage. Then there's a big chance that you'll win lot of matches on that stage like the grumble volcano track. :p

To be honest, I'm merely talking from a music point of view :p
I don't really care what Bowser's Castle we get as long as it includes the song from MKW.
Wii U's Bowser's Castle is awesome visual wise but the music just sucks.

ffdgh

To be honest, I'm merely talking from a music point of view :p
I don't really care what Bowser's Castle we get as long as it included the song from MKW.
Wii U's Bowser's Castle is awesome visual wise but the music just sucks.

Bowser castle GCN, 7, or Wii u themes would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom