• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Bowser castle GCN, 7, or Wii u themes would suffice.
I like how you completely ignored my love for the Wii version..
ibrJ5NLTx6ueZ1.gif

Enforced

To be honest, I'm merely talking from a music point of view :p
I don't really care what Bowser's Castle we get as long as it includes the song from MKW.
Wii U's Bowser's Castle is awesome visual wise but the music just sucks.
Oh :p
Hmm really? I going to listen to bowser's castle wii. I forgot how the music was on wii.

Neoxon

Personally, while I'm sure there will be DLC, I still have reservations on if it'll be with the Wii U version at launch & added to the 3DS version later. I wouldn't mind, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Neoxon

That's what people said about the 3DS ESRB leaks and look what happened...

I remember the brawl leaks too, same thing.
We have to wait for substantial images or footage before the rumors hold any weight. Until then, a grain of salt is about all the text rumors are worth.

johnbone

To be honest, I'm merely talking from a music point of view :p
I don't really care what Bowser's Castle we get as long as it includes the song from MKW.
Wii U's Bowser's Castle is awesome visual wise but the music just sucks.

This opinion....I didn't know it could exist! :O

We have to wait for substantial images or footage before the rumors hold any weight. Until then, a grain of salt is about all the text rumors are worth.

Of course. It's an interesting rumor nonetheless but honestly do you see wii u leaks happening? I think due to the 3DS incident, Nintendo's going to keep things way tighter and harder for employees to leak.

I could be wrong though.

rekameohs

Banned
Of course. It's an interesting rumor nonetheless but honestly do you see wii u leaks happening? I think due to the 3DS incident, Nintendo's going to keep things way tighter and harder for employees to leak.

I could be wrong though.

It wasn't a Nintendo employee that leaked the 3DS stuff. They can't "keep things way tighter". It was an ESRB employee, who's since been fired, but it was outside of Nintendo.

Neoxon

I could be wrong though.
Leaks are bound to happen eventually, especially with the rumored November 21st release date. We just need to wait & see if these rumors hold weight. But all we can do is speculate in the meantime.

johnbone

It wasn't a Nintendo employee that leaked the 3DS stuff. They can't "keep things way tighter". It was an ESRB employee, who's since been fired, but it was outside of Nintendo.

I thought it was confirmed that it WAS a Nintendo employee that leaked the ESRB footage.

Right, but that doesn't mean all Nintendo or Bandai Namco employees are not capable of doing what the ESRB employee did. We'll just have to wait and see.

If anything, I truly believe Sakurai and the team have great things planned to convince fans/consumers to buy both versions. Personally I feel as though the wii u version will not outshine the 3DS version completely though, because I know he stresses that both games are two different experiences and his goal is to get fans to want to buy both versions to get both experiences. It seems as though the differences will be there, but just not so extreme so people go "yeah, i'll skip the other version".

So much to look forward to regardless!

Oh no, the ESRB leak persisted in /v/ a lot.

This one? Nah.

True, but I'd say you should at least give it some merit while still being cautious of it's authenticity because you never know at this point.

Does it seem too crazy to believe? I don't think so. I just think it's a bit of a bummer to include into the wii u version. Sakurai could have some better ideas i'm sure but then again, we got Smash Run that should've been optimized for online play... still a little ticked about that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
True, but I'd say you should at least give it some merit while still being cautious of it's authenticity because you never know at this point.

Does it seem too crazy to believe? I don't think so. I just think it's a bit of a bummer to include into the wii u version. Sakurai could have some better ideas i'm sure but then again, we got Smash Run that should've been optimized for online play... still a little ticked about that.

It's because that rumor lacks credence. It sounds more like your typical "my dad works at Nintendo" bullshit.

Mariolee

image: http://i.imgur.com/5VhbSBK.jpg

text: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka_kiwi-vaanrose-4chan-esrb-leak-post-mortem-analysis.366774/

"Mr. Black's friend" worked for the ESRB, was the source of the leak, and was fired.

edit: It does seem like some text stuff slipped by through Nintendo, like Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr., but the pictures and videos that everyone knows about were from the ESRB video.

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen that post before but wasn't able to fully digest it as it was incredibly long. Will read it tomorrow when my brain is fully functioning.

You guys think Sakurai will explain Snake's cut?
Whats there to explain? I really don't think Sakurai would cut a franchise unless he had too, and I don't think Kojima wouldn't want Snake in Smash, so its most likely Konami's fault. Maaaybe the higher ups at Nintendo, but I'd think Sakurai could add Snake even if Iwata said no lol.

That legit made me laugh.

One of the reasons I love Ridley is how different he is from other Nintendo antagonists in so many ways.

He isn't a zany adversary like Bowser or the magical evil of Ganon. He's just a dude doing illegal stuff. He's never the main villain of a game. When he dies they come up with a "scientific" reason for him to come back. He actually has a deep history with the hero.

You broke my heart Sakurai.

zroid

Banned
why

zlCfzSd8cUU1QBSWyP

Pic of the day. Here are the results for Conquest mode for players in Japan that are playing the Japanese 3DS version. Their next challenge is to battle each other with fighters they've trained up and fighters made of metal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom