• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKSmash

At least it's better than more menu pics!

What is Sakurais deal with the remaining veterans/newcomers that he hasn't presented yet? Will they be in upcoming POTD when the game is released in EU, or what?
Also really curious about The 2-3 remaining newcomer videos!

I just wanna see these fabulous characters in HD already...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Secrets will be revealed after the worldwide launch of Smash. How long after is anyone's guess. I mean it took him a day last time he announced he was going to start posting spoilers.

Qurupeke

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary.

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective.
Nice POTD, even though it's old news. I loved Pictochat 1, I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too.

Picto chat2 today.

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary.

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective.

Nice work.

emb

I really wanted to get Pac-Pix back when it came out, since that was way back when the DS was new enough that it felt like you could keep up with all the worthwhile games for it. Looks like it was neat, but I'm surprised to hear it called 'revolutionary'.

So for the next game, what third-party characters are left? We got the "Big Three" already, so who else is there to add?
My ideas: Frogger, Bomberman, Master Chief. The perfect lineup.

So for the next game, what third-party characters are left? We got the "Big Three" already, so who else is there to add?

Bomberman is really the only significant 3rd left that isn't already in. One could argue for Simon or Snake from Konami but until we find out why Snake was excluded from Smash 4 there is no reason to hope for that to happen. I guess Rayman as well from Ubisoft

emb

Honestly I think the third party lineup we have now is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

If anything Snake should definitely be added back in, of course. Other third party characters I'd want? Eh, I dunno. Rayman might kinda fit with this game. Professor Layton feels like a Nintendo character since they publish it here, so there's that. Mega Man X, Zero, and Bass would be ridiculous out of left field hopes (that I'd want just because they're cool characters, not because they're at all iconic enough for Smash). If we're talking any non-Nintendo character, then it'd be great to see them scoop Banjo Kazooie.

VegiHam

The first three series Nintendo list on their characters hub in Europe are Mario, Zelda, ...and Professor Layton.

Bestselling game synonymous with the DS era for a lot of casual gamers? Not appearing on competing hardware? I think Layton has a decent chance for Smash 5; but since the games are made for Japanese tastes perhaps not.

Golnei

There's only one third party Japanese big name company missing a character, and that character better be

dYiHSNW.png

I'd also argue in favour of Jack Frost representing Atlus, but a SE representative would be welcome for the next game. Though a Black Mage isn't anywhere near the only representative possible:

And although Warrior of Light as presented in Dissidia would be a boring addition, a version that could switch between Warrior, Black Mage, Red Mage and Monk would be worthy of a place. Especially if the sprite / Amano hybrid design was used.

Or perhaps the standard 4-person party could be a single character, though it'd be cluttered if they maintained human proportions. Perhaps the SD look of the SNES games, FF3/4 remakes, Bravely Default and FF Explorers would be best in that case.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
needs a /s somewhere in there

Would be kind of funny if it actually happened though. "Mr. Sakurai needs a little more time, so Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will release March 6th in North America and Europe
, Japanese players get to enjoy the game this December."

Do we know when the Gamecube controller adapter will be out yet? I also need to buy some extension cables for the controllers because the cords on those controllers are so damn short. I'll never understand why they made the cords like 3 feet long.

Golnei

Would be kind of funny if it actually happened though. "Mr. Sakurai needs a little more time, so Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will release March 6th in North America and Europe
, Japanese players get to enjoy the game this December."

March 6th in North America, May 22nd in Germany and May 25th in the rest of Europe.
With the Australian release simultaneous with Japan's.

emb

Do we know when the Gamecube controller adapter will be out yet? I also need to buy some extension cables for the controllers because the cords on those controllers are so damn short. I'll never understand why they made the cords like 3 feet long.
The adapter will almost definitely release with the game. I think there's a bundle with the game and adapter together.

If you look for the white Gamecube controllers (the newer ones Nintendo was making while the Wii was around), those have longer cords (I want to say twice as long at 6 foot? But not sure.) I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash Bros. controllers they release also have the longer cords.

-Horizon-

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

I really like this stage. Glad its back.

The adapter will almost definitely release with the game. I think there's a bundle with the game and adapter together.

If you look for the white Gamecube controllers (the newer ones Nintendo was making while the Wii was around), those have longer cords (I want to say twice as long at 6 foot? But not sure.) I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash Bros. controllers they release also have the longer cords.

Oh that's cool (especially about the bundle with the game).

Well, I already have some Gamecube controllers, so buying new ones just seems like a waste of money when I could buy some extensions on Amazon for like $8 (assuming they work with the adapter). That's good to hear the more recent models of the Gamecube controllers have longer cords though. :)

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh yeah Pictochat 2. I'm glad they made another version of this stage, they're a lot of fun.

Remember during the leaky days that we thought it was the same stage from Brawl? Yeah...

emb

Oh that's cool (especially about the bundle with the game).

Well, I already have some Gamecube controllers, so buying new ones just seems like a waste of money when I could buy some extensions on Amazon for like $8 (assuming they work with the adapter). That's good to hear the more recent models of the Gamecube controllers have longer cords though. :)
Checked on the bundle to make sure. It is in fact a thing.

Though I see what you mean about more controllers being a waste. The adapters are a good investment then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom