• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

I'd also argue in favour of Jack Frost representing Atlus, but a SE representative would be welcome for the next game. Though a Black Mage isn't anywhere near the only representative possible:

And although Warrior of Light as presented in Dissidia would be a boring addition, a version that could switch between Warrior, Black Mage, Red Mage and Monk would be worthy of a place. Especially if the sprite / Amano hybrid design was used.

Or perhaps the standard 4-person party could be a single character, though it'd be cluttered if they maintained human proportions. Perhaps the SD look of the SNES games, FF3/4 remakes, Bravely Default and FF Explorers would be best in that case.

If SE were to get a rep I think it should be Chocobo but either his different moves are different job abilities (like Down B could be Black Mage thunder, Up B Dragoon Jump etc) or make him a mish mash with a Slime from Dragon Quest. Like, a Slime riding a Chocobo (the cartoony kind from the DS game). That would be cool and fun I think.

J@hranimo

Banned
well your opinion s wrong. that stage wasn't fun. it was so ...annoying like that lame wario ware stage which also was in returning in 3ds version

haha 3ds continues to get the end of (this) stick..

Hey man, that's not cool man. Stop......man.

No seriously just respect others opinions

EhoaVash

fine i'll let opinions slide
...sometimes

but anyway im still pissed about no layton love in this smash. the dude honestly deservrs even assist trophy status considering how many layton titles nintendo published

...sometimes

but anyway im still pissed about no layton love in this smash. the dude honestly deservrs even assist trophy status considering how many layton titles nintendo published
Don't worry, we're all putting up with yours too :)

And you can add him as a Mii!

foltzie1

...sometimes

Layton isnt Nintendo owned, but with Rayman in as a trophy, maybe it is more reasonable than before.

Golnei

If SE were to get a rep I think it should be Chocobo but either his different moves are different job abilities (like Down B could be Black Mage thunder, Up B Dragoon Jump etc) or make him a mish mash with a Slime from Dragon Quest. Like, a Slime riding a Chocobo (the cartoony kind from the DS game). That would be cool and fun I think.

I'm not sure if it'd be the best idea to mix third-party franchises for a single character's core concept, though a Moogle commanding a Fat Chocobo might work, even if it's a little too similar to Duck Hunt...

EhoaVash

Do you have a deep love for puzzles or something...?

what has liking puzzle games have to do with anything? smash is made up of all type of genres. anyway considering that nintendo published 7 professor layton games since ds, it makes perfect sense

while a random rayman trophy is in the game

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
well your opinion s wrong. that stage wasn't fun. it was so ...annoying like that lame wario ware stage which also was in returning in 3ds version

Why telling people their opinions wrong since opinions are subjective and leave up to people to come to their own conclusion?

I think you are being rude to people because they don't agree with you. I happen to like those stages as well during sessions with friends.

Edited: I think you should learn better example from Professor Layton if you really like the series. :p

hA1Ujdg.gif
Where does this gif come from?

emb

Why telling people their opinions wrong since opinions are subjective and leave up to people to come to their own conclusion?

I think you are being rude to people because they don't agree with you. I happen to like those stages as well during sessions with friends.

Edited: I think you should learn better example from Professor Layton if you really like the series. :p
That's the joke. Everyone knows opinions can't be wrong or right. Saying "your opinion is wrong" is hyperbole to express a strong, dissenting opinion.

Whoa hey now. Pictochat was great, but WarioWare was fantastic.

JCX

Hmm, I wish the bundle just included the adapter and not the controller, but it's nice for people who don't already have Gamecube controllers. :) I'll probably just buy the adapter/extensions separately.

I got that bundle. My launch GCN controller still works just fine, but It will be nice to have a new one for multiplayer so everyone can use the One True Control Method

emb

Hmm, I wish the bundle just included the adapter and not the controller, but it's nice for people who don't already have Gamecube controllers. :) I'll probably just buy the adapter/extensions separately.
The way I look at it, it's always good to have backups for your backups. Cube controllers wear out after a couple years of Smash. And some of my friends are really rough on 'em, if I ever need to let them use one of mine.

The bundle doesn't seem like a great deal though. 60 dollar game, plus, 20 dollar adapter, and I guess the new controllers will still be 30 dollars. Save ten bucks, meh. 30 for a controller still seems expensive, but I guess these days it's comparatively cheap.

I have a friend who loves Pictochat. It's his favorite stage without question or reservation. We would usually play Brawl on his Wii because he was already accustomed to traveling with it, so most of the time his random settings were already set how we liked them as a group. Particularly the random stage switch.

Often times he would turn Pictochat on our relatively short list of stages we played on. So after five or six fights on legal stages we would get thrown on Pictochat out of nowhere and he would lose it. It was funny, honestly. We all came to love to hate Pictochat because it was part of our lore as Smashers. We started leaving Pictochat on knowingly.

One day though a bunch of us were playing and got up to get some lunch - including him. But at some point before we left, he managed to sneak to the random stage switch and turn off everything but Pictochat. To this day we don't know how he did it without us noticing. We all left together.

But then we came back and the random stage button kept giving us Pictochat, which we thought was just a fluke. Twice in a row... Three times in a row... FOUR TIMES IN A ROW... We got more and more agitated and had a bigger and bigger collective reaction every time it picked Pictochat. It didn't occur to any of us that he somehow changed the stage list. It didn't seem possible.

The best part was we started picking stages manually as a means to avoid Pictochat. After a handful of matches, I hit start on the stage select screen reflexively and, of course, got slapped with Pictochat.

We lost it. We totally lost our minds. "How are you doing this? WHY are you doing this? What is HAPPENING?"

Only then did somebody check the stage switch. It was a violent day among friends.

EhoaVash

both stages are too random and are a sore to my eyes. so yeah fuck warioware and pictochat

and if that pacman wii u stage is looking like it will follow the footstep of these two stages ..T_T

The way I look at it, it's always good to have backups for your backups. Cube controllers wear out after a couple years of Smash. And some of my friends are really rough on 'em, if I ever need to let them use one of mine.

The bundle doesn't seem like a great deal though. 60 dollar game, plus, 20 dollar adapter, and I guess the new controllers will still be 30 dollars. Save ten bucks, meh. 30 for a controller still seems expensive, but I guess these days it's comparatively cheap.

wait for the Black Friday deals
inb4 Nintendo completely fails on this end

360 controller > GC/N64 controllers for Smash

Looking forward to trying out the Pro controller. GC controller is pretty cool, but way overrated for Smash IMO, especially since we can't power shield anymore. If your hands sweat even the slightest, good luck with that joystick compared to a factually superior joystick, no opinions allowed.

360 controller > GC/N64 controllers for Smash

Looking forward to trying out the Pro controller. GC controller is pretty cool, but way overrated for Smash IMO, especially since we can't power shield anymore. If your hands sweat even the slightest, good luck with that joystick compared to a factually superior joystick, no opinions allowed.

Using a 360 controller? Traitor /s

MAtgS

So for the next game, what third-party characters are left? We got the "Big Three" already, so who else is there to add?
My ideas: Frogger, Bomberman, Master Chief. The perfect lineup.

FoMT_Pete.png

Pete from Harvest Moon (apparently his canon name)
Pitchfork, axe, hammer, scythe, pulling random items out of his pack, cow stampede for his final smash.

Caladrius

Almost missed this.

The leak we had a bet on has ended and it turned out to be real (well there was fake information thrown around in the middle of it but I'm not going to be petty about that since it was mostly about the pictures not the text).

I was kind of hoping the avatar bet would have started at the latest with the Japanese release as that would be the end all point of confirming or disproving the leak (turns out the whole thing was proven earlier), thus the 13th October would be my day of freedom because I had a halloween avatar planned for the second half of October to go with GAF tradition.

If you post an avatar now, I'll adopt it ASAP (like when I get back from work) sport it till the 15th and then come 1st of November I'll return to it and complete the rest of the days. Is that ok?

Eh, we'll just knock it down to ending on Oct. 2nd. I'll have the avatar ready within the next 24 hours.

Caladrius

Jack Frost needs to happen.

I don't care how improbable it would be.

whoa what avatar bet happened here

We made a bet on whether or not the ESRB leak was real. I won, but due to me moving we haven't been able to follow through with the "prize". The original length was one month, but I figured BGBW would have an easier time being recognized for 3DS friending purposes if he had his regular avatar back by US/EU Launch.

Veeboy

Pete from Harvest Moon (apparently his canon name)
Pitchfork, axe, hammer, scythe, pulling random items out of his pack, cow stampede for his final smash.

Yes. Harvest Moon rep would rule, but only if we get one of the female farmers as an alt costume.

Prefereably Claire.
150px-Claire_BTN_redraw.jpg

He's pretty much the mascot for Shin Megami Tensei, and probably will have a place in Smash considering Fire Emblem x SMT.
Yeah, despite really loving the SMT games I've played I don't really like Jack Frost that much. I mean he makes an alright demon/persona, but I'm just not a fan of his look. I'd much prefer some representation of a player character.

Or a demon whose less weird and more child friendly like Mara.

Golnei

Yeah, despite really loving the SMT games I've played I don't really like Jack Frost that much. I mean he makes an alright demon/persona, but I'm just not a fan of his look. I'd much prefer some representation of a player character.

Or a demon whose less weird and more child friendly like Mara.

As much as I'd like the Demi-Fiend, Raidou or the SJ protagonist, they really don't do a good job of representing the series as a whole, especially on Nintendo hardware. A Jack Frost would be able to do that, while also referring to specific characters, demons and installments through their costumes and moveset - similar to Pac-Man, while not having the most inspiring design himself, he's in a position to represent the entire company's output.

Or they could just use Lucifer, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom