• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

With the new Star Fox stage seemingly being a remake of the classic Sector Z/Corneria layout, what other past stages do you guys think they'll modernize for this installment?

Why are we talking Ridley again? Any news on him?

Cant this poor little guy get a rest :D

fed.png

Caladrius

Seeing as Brawl had its own Ridley design, and both Samus and ZSS were significantly altered from their Other M appearances, I'm inclined to believe that'd happen. Though Ridley as a stage boss would most likely use a ripped rather than unique model, as with Meta Ridley in Brawl.

Indeed. A correction, though. Meta Ridley actually was modified for Brawl for some reason.

Ridley's chest core is entirely different, and the upper jaw is colored completely differently. (Prime Ridley is purplish grey while Brawl Ridley is bright purple.)

The only Ridley worth considering...

MfzXhfZ.png

No, but that should have been what the real Baby Ridley looked like.

Dryk

Outside of the neck though, his tail and wings would look so strange. They'd be clipping through the floor and platforms and stuff like crazy. He's just not 'compact' enough.
Ridley folds up though, it's a pretty versitile design.

RidleySize_zps6419c259.png

I kind of never want him in the game though because there's no way they'd get the movement the way I imagine. A creature that lanky needs to scurry

Xane

Ridley folds up though, it's a pretty versitile design.

RidleySize_zps6419c259.png

I kind of never want him in the game though because there's no way they'd get the movement the way I imagine. A creature that lanky needs to scurry

Wow, didn't know Ridley's mandible was that short compared to his maxilla.
I'm guessing this is Meta-Ridley from MP?

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary.

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective.

I thought we dmade the decision to dehype a little bit until the 3DS version launches worldwide, and afterwards Sakurai will jump start the hype-train again :p

I was never part of this decision-making process nor has this been brought to my attention before this moment... 9 MORE DAYS!!!

tumblr_ldv8jzmyhn1qc7j5lo1_500.gif

random25

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

Pic of the day. PAC-MAN makes an appearance on the PictoChat 2 stage. We've included this as an element from Pac-Pix, which was released in 2005. It was quite revolutionary.

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

There are a lot of new elements in the PictoChat 2 stage. In this screenshot, it looks like there is depth to the stage…or like there isn't. The illusory nature of the drawing is meant to challenge your perspective.

Stage pic. Nice detail.

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

So it looks 3D but it's actually 2D? Amazing.

Forkball

"It was quite revolutionary."

Sure it was...

Pictochat 2 is a good level though and the changes are quite crazy. Much more dynamic and hectic than the ones in the original Pictochat stage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still think Pictochat 2 may have been a Swapnote stage originally what with the two shades for lines. A true Pictochat 2 would include rainbow lines.

ZaKUzub.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Or maybe even a Flipnote stage thinking about it (both products suffered from the same controversy).

Heck, two layers plus animation of elements could very well point towards this.

K-A-Deman

Sakurai: Laughs.

zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

Stage details are always neat, and since I personally can't keep up with all the streams and crap that are going on now, it's nice to still have an 'official' information flow to follow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I played Pac-Pic once on someone else's DS. Quite an interesting game, but suffered from what many early DS games suffered from, being a demo concept turned into a game. However, it was apparently one of the better ones. Looked it up on Amazon UK and it has no second hand value whatsoever so perhaps one could pick it up as part of the experience the Smash references list.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So it seems the leak was right but now there's more info being disseminated (though not quite as convincing)?

Does the cycle ever end?
Almost missed this.

The leak we had a bet on has ended and it turned out to be real (well there was fake information thrown around in the middle of it but I'm not going to be petty about that since it was mostly about the pictures not the text).

I was kind of hoping the avatar bet would have started at the latest with the Japanese release as that would be the end all point of confirming or disproving the leak (turns out the whole thing was proven earlier), thus the 13th October would be my day of freedom because I had a halloween avatar planned for the second half of October to go with GAF tradition.

If you post an avatar now, I'll adopt it ASAP (like when I get back from work) sport it till the 15th and then come 1st of November I'll return to it and complete the rest of the days. Is that ok?

CassSept

Oh, nice. I completely forgot about Pac Pix, though I remember playing it for a bit back when it was released. Cool little game, if pretty bare feature-wise. I guess a sequel would work as an eShop title.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzSeXgWUhGA07O5

zlCfzSeXgcw9VUO3WQ

Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom