• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeboy

As much as I'd like the Demi-Fiend, Raidou or the SJ protagonist, they really don't do a good job of representing the series as a whole, especially on Nintendo hardware. A Jack Frost would be able to do that, while also referring to specific characters, demons and installments through their costumes and moveset - similar to Pac-Man, while not having the most inspiring design himself, he's in a position to represent the entire company's output.

Or they could just use Lucifer, I guess.

True, if there was any Atlus representation in Smash it would probably be Jack Frost, and he would be the best fit for series representation.

I wasn't talking from a stance of likelihood or logic though, just pure preference in character choice.

True, if there was any Atlus representation in Smash it would probably be Jack Frost, and he would be the best fit for series representation.

I wasn't talking from a stance of likelihood or logic though, just pure preference in character choice.

What about a Dokapon rep?
Wabbit.jpg

Zubz

Banned
What about a Dokapon rep?

The Wabbit Shield has saved me more times than I can count... So, like, 4 times. I'd be all for a Dokapon rep, but it's way too obscure among Atlus' line-up. It'll probably be an SMT rep due to the series' SNES roots and the fabled Fire Emblem crossover that I'd say isn't happening if Pokken wasn't re-confirmed recently. Although it does remind me that I want a Mario Party stage in Smash at some point. Especially if Konami decides to let Hudson get a rep in separately of a character of their own, seeing how Hudson made the first 8.
Yes I'm just desperate for Bomberman to get in.

Would a Robo-Sassin be a better Dokapon rep?

I have never once seen that thing successfully kill its target.

The Wabbit Shield has saved me more times than I can count... So, like, 4 times. I'd be all for a Dokapon rep, but it's way too obscure among Atlus' line-up. It'll probably be an SMT rep due to the series' SNES roots and the fabled Fire Emblem crossover that I'd say isn't happening if Pokken wasn't re-confirmed recently. Although it does remind me that I want a Mario Party stage in Smash at some point. Especially if Konami decides to let Hudson get a rep in separately of a character of their own, seeing how Hudson made the first 8.

a Mario Party stage? combining Mario Party salt with Smash salt isn't recommended :p

"SMT X FE" isn't dead - at the S.T.E.A.M. presentation, someone asked if it would delay "SMT X FE" and the Intelligent Systems guy said that the game was still happening and going right on schedule.

I have never once seen that thing successfully kill its target.
I have, once. Three of my friends and I have been playing four-player coop games for the past two to three years (Four Swords Adventures being one of them, hence the Blue Toon Link avatar) and we just finished Dokapon Kingdom.
One time we were playing, and one of them was winning, but left early. The other two and I decided to play for one more turn, and during that time I summoned the Robo-Sassin and used it on him. He had no idea it was there when we played a month or so later, got it the next turn, and got killed.

Golnei

I love that the Blue Shell is now an item in Smash. It's one of the most despised items in video game history, and they decided to add it in anyway.

That's as good a reason to add it as any - regardless of whether it's well-liked or notorious, it's still a significant part of its series' history.

Jawmuncher

The 360 controller feels alright for smash.
Better than the Classic Controller or CC Pro. But definitely not GC controller tier.
Haven't tried the WiiU Pro Controller but I have a feeling it will be similar.

That's as good a reason to add it as any - regardless of whether it's well-liked or notorious, it's still a significant part of its series' history.

If they wanted to bring in annoying items, they should've brought in the Fan from the Super Smash Bros. series. Oh, wait...

Nia

I love that the Blue Shell is now an item in Smash. It's one of the most despised items in video game history, and they decided to add it in anyway.

I already got an excellent KO from the Blue Shell just from the demo. I like it a lot. I still will even when I inevitably end up it's target in the future.

Starting to wonder if we'll ever get a release date for the Wii U version. Hope if doesn't get delayed but af least we'll have the 3DS version to tide us over

Starting to wonder if we'll ever get a release date for the Wii U version. Hope if doesn't get delayed but af least we'll have the 3DS version to tide us over

Nah, they are not going to want to miss the Christmas list cash. However, it is a bit odd how long we have not heard of the Holiday 2014 release date for either game. Watch us get a fall Direct on October 8th to calm our fears.

Jawmuncher

Nah, they are not going to want to miss the Christmas list cash. However, it is a bit odd how long we have not heard of the Holiday 2014 release date for either game. Watch us get a fall Direct on October 8th to calm our fears.

They must be ready to just dump WiiU information along with a release date right after the 3DS version is released.

Veeboy

Imagine a Mario Party stage that would have Chance Time. You'd basically get your stocks or wins/losses swapped with someone.

Too much salt to handle.
I got mad at just the concept of that. Screw chance time! I would've won so many games if it weren't for that crap!

I love that I'm still salt over this years after it happened. The magic of Mario party.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Popping in with a random question: Has there been any indication yet that Smash for WiiU would allow you to use the Tatsunoko vs Capcom fight stick? I'm assuming that regular classic controllers can work with it (unless it's just Pros?) so then maybe it's possible that the fight stick would work with it too?

(Note: I plan on using the Pro mysekf, I'm just asking on someone else's behalf.)

Imagine a Mario Party stage that would have Chance Time. You'd basically get your stocks or wins/losses swapped with someone.

I would love a Mario Party stage so much. Game Guy could come in at force damage to 300% randomly. It would be pure chaos. Please do it Sakurai for the laugh.

Jawmuncher

I definitely came to like Riki and the Nopon far more than I would have thought by the end of Xenoblade.

If we got a Mario Party level that means we would finally get Daisy right?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I would love to see Jack Frost, but I did say big Japanese company for a reason. Square Enix is the only one on the level of Capcom, Konami, Namco, and Sega.

EDIT: I guess you could say Level 5 is that in today's age. Layton would be cool.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I can't be the only one that finds it funny Rosalina showed up, became Princess #2, and now appears in other Mario games and Smash.

Daisy is the Waluigi of princesses. She's there for party games and sports, and that's it.

Jawmuncher

I can't be the only one that finds it funny Rosalina showed up, became Princess #2, and now appears in other Mario games and Smash.

Daisy is the Waluigi of princesses. She's there for party games and sports, and that's it.

I'm still sad about that. Everyone complains Daisy isn't developed enough. Same with Waluigi. Which is true but damn it kind of hurts when you have these characters fans want to love even more and just decide to give the spotlight to a new addition. Daisy and Waluigi need to be in their own game together at this point that does something with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom