• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I'll open up a small blog where I post just enough shit to qualify for review copies of Super Smash Bros. for Wii3/4DS just to see your reaction when I proceed to play these games 2-3 weeks before you do :p

ok you do that
what a waste of effort

Zubz

Banned
my dream of a daisy snake clone just isn't ready for the masses yet.

Hey, I'd personally love it. Daisy's a great character that people just hate because of the "HI, I'M DAISY" from Double Dash all those years ago, despite being one of the few Mario characters with an outward personality.

Honestly, she'd be a better clone than Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina combined in my book, be her a Peach clone or, more importantly, a Snake clone. Not only is she a better character than each of them, but I can't imagine a more badass character short of Bayonetta herself if we gave Daisy all of Snakes explosives and missiles. These guys are just too unprepared for the 2nd best Mario character to have her time in the sun, unfortunately, and since #1's Bowser, he's higher on the priority for his own game. The only way they can learn is if Sakurai surprised them with Daisy; look at how these people warmed up to Jr. and the Koopalings!

Does he have room in the upcoming Meme Run game?

I REALLY thought that first Miiverse pic was a dev making a joke and exploiting another picture feature like in Mario & Luigi. I really did... On a scale from 1 to "Should Not Be," Meme Run is a solid 8.

Azure J

While I want as many franchises to get representation as possible, retro and obscure characters should always be prioritised over creating more representation for popular franchises. Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, ROB, G&W and Ness are characters that are crucial to the series, and give the roster its large sense of historical scope. The games as a whole would lose a lot if they had included characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Tingle, Impa, Bandana Dee, Tom Nook and Zoroark in their stead.

Oh I agree, don't take my comment the wrong way. The most I'd want to see would be like Dixie Kong/K. Rool (more the former) for DK, Impa for Zelda (she's earned it imo via her involvement in Skyward Sword as the Zelda series' origin story, her increased presence and relevance to the legend trio as described by Miyamoto in Hyrule Historia), Ridley/Dark Samus for Metroid (these are the only two I see working for a "third" Metroid character; Ridley ignoring size has a good form to manipulate into a Smash scale character vs other iconic antagonists in Metroid; Dark Samus works too but might be seen as "cheap" due to sharing a similar build) and maybe Adeline to round Kirby out to 4.

At the same time, could you really say that a guy that champions Takamaru, Mike Jones, and Lip would disagree? :p

Hey, I'd personally love it. Daisy's a great character that people just hate because of the "HI, I'M DAISY" from Double Dash all those years ago, despite being one of the few Mario characters with an outward personality.

Honestly, she'd be a better clone than Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina combined in my book, be her a Peach clone or, more importantly, a Snake clone. Not only is she a better character than each of them, but I can't imagine a more badass character short of Bayonetta herself if we gave Daisy all of Snakes explosives and missiles. These guys are just too unprepared for the 2nd best Mario character to have her time in the sun, unfortunately, and since #1's Bowser, he's higher on the priority for his own game. The only way they can learn is if Sakurai surprised them with Daisy; look at how these people warmed up to Jr. and the Koopalings!
No need for another fucking Mario rep. Dark Pit and Lucina also have personalities - something Daisy lacks.
not everything is a rivalry you know :p

Says the guy 30 posts ahead of me.

At the same time, could you really say that a guy that champions Takamaru, Mike Jones, and Lip would disagree? :p
No need for a Ness clone.
2014-08-12-585-mikejonesveryowncomic.png

In an alternate universe, Mike Jones and Captain Rainbow are playable and people complain about there being too many yo-yo users.

Jawmuncher

I REALLY thought that first Miiverse pic was a dev making a joke and exploiting another picture feature like in Mario & Luigi. I really did... On a scale from 1 to "Should Not Be," Meme Run is a solid 8.

I'm glad someone around here like's daisy. My snake comment is just I still want to see a clone that's just way out there. Ganon Being a copy of C Falcon is the craziest we have seen in that department.
Plus like Azure J said if anyone could give a character personality that so many claim doesn't have any it would be Sakurai. The Ice Climbers were a great example of that.

Neoxon

Got my GameCube controller in the mail, today (new, white, straight from Japan, same price as the Smash ones).

I'm ready.

Pociask

I'm still sad about that. Everyone complains Daisy isn't developed enough. Same with Waluigi. Which is true but damn it kind of hurts when you have these characters fans want to love even more and just decide to give the spotlight to a new addition. Daisy and Waluigi need to be in their own game together at this point that does something with them.

Make it the Western version of Captain Rainbow. Waluigi is trapped in a castle, and for some bizarre reason, Daisy must journey through obscure video games and get help from their forgotten characters to rescue him. All the great-forgotten-western characters can be there - Mike Jones, Hogan (the owner of the alley), the guy from Goonie's 2, yellow Mega Man, etc.

No need for another fucking Mario rep. Dark Pit and Lucina also have personalities - something Daisy lacks.

Daisy's more fitting for a Peach alt, than her own fighter. Also, just because Daisy's not from a narrative driven game doesn't mean she lacks a personality. She has just as much of a personality as Rosalina. (inb4 people bring up backstory as a reason for her having a personality)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh I agree, don't take my comment the wrong way. The most I'd want to see would be like Dixie Kong/K. Rool (more the former) for DK, Impa for Zelda (she's earned it imo via her involvement in Skyward Sword as the Zelda series' origin story, her increased presence and relevance to the legend trio as described by Miyamoto in Hyrule Historia), Ridley/Dark Samus for Metroid (these are the only two I see working for a "third" Metroid character; Ridley ignoring size has a good form to manipulate into a Smash scale character vs other iconic antagonists in Metroid; Dark Samus works too but might be seen as "cheap" due to sharing a similar build) and maybe Adeline to round Kirby out to 4.

Well, Ridley and Dixie still have chance to be playable characters according to the rumor.

Is it sufficient enough for me to bring the happiness to your life this time! :)

Jawmuncher

Make it the Western version of Captain Rainbow. Waluigi is trapped in a castle, and for some bizarre reason, Daisy must journey through obscure video games and get help from their forgotten characters to rescue him. All the great-forgotten-western characters can be there - Mike Jones, Hogan (the owner of the alley), the guy from Goonie's 2, yellow Mega Man, etc.

I would be all for that. Day 1 actually.
I would have bought Captain Rainbow had it come to the west.

You mean that one-time character in Kirby 64? Why?

Also, Anthony Higgs could work as a third Metroid rep. Just throwing that out there.

This guy :

voZeue6.jpg

He's pretty much the mascot for Shin Megami Tensei, and probably will have a place in Smash considering Fire Emblem x SMT.
Yep. I totally expect him by Smash 5 if not 4 DLC since Nintendo basically owns Atlus at this point outside of Persona.

Recently got SMT4 and its been hard but I've really come to enjoy it. About 20 hours in!

This actually sounds amazing. Kinda makes me wish we got Captain Rainbow outside of Japan.

Jawmuncher

Also, Anthony Higgs could work as a third Metroid rep. Just throwing that out there.

Daisy, Anthony Higgs, and Aeron from Pandora's Tower are my most wanted reps for smash. All of them have no chance in hell it seems. I love setting myself up for future disappointment.

Waluigi either needs to be in his own game, or a game with Wario. He just needs an important role. A game with great dialog for both of the characters would be great, and would really need voice acting.

Still bothered by New Super Mario Bros. 2 not featuring Wario at all.

Daisy, Anthony Higgs, and Aeron from Pandora's Tower are my most wanted reps for smash. All of them have no chance in hell it seems. I love setting myself up for future disappointment.

Maybe if Anthony Higgs comes back in a future game, he could have a shot.

Golnei

Well, technically she showed up in an earlier game with a truncated name (Ado), but she's still pretty minor regardless. Wouldn't mind seeing her as an AT, though.

Well, technically she showed up in an earlier game with a truncated name (Ado), but she's still pretty minor regardless. Wouldn't mind seeing her as an AT, though.

The main reason why people remember her is because of Brawl in the Family. There she's given a far larger role than in her source games.

Azure J

well you got 0/3, I can't imagine that leaves you happy :p

Haha, I'm in a good place after Murasame Monday. I got Greninja, Palutena and Rosalina, with the added surprise of Robin, and with so many vets getting retooling it's really like a whole new world.

That's without taking into account customization.

No need for a Ness clone.

In an alternate universe, Mike Jones and Captain Rainbow are playable and people complain about there being too many yo-yo users.

That BitF is too good. Honestly though, the big reason I want Mike is because I want a fast yo-yo user. Yo-Yo tricks + that alchemic yo-yo that gets more and more powerful when charged + junior varsity athlete has to result in a fast and fun move set.

Well, Ridley and Dixie still have chance to be playable characters according to the rumor.

Is it sufficient enough for me to bring the happiness to your life this time! :)

My examples were more "they'd be cool ways to bulk up the roster" than anything I really championed for (with the potential exception of Impa as per that rumor of her being Sheik's speed + Zelda's magic).

Because portals, drawing things to life, and Canvas Curse style zip-lines.
(Never said it was a thing I felt strongly for though.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Meme Run? More like MLG Pro Montage run. Funny how all of neogaf completely misses the point of that game lol.

MLG Mario
MLG PALUTENA GUIDE
I know what it is referring to, doesn't stop me from being correct and saying it should never be made.

If it was a joke flash game posted on Newgrounds, or wherever the kids get flash games from today, then that would be one thing, but this is getting posted on the eShop. Keep this crap out pls. kthxbai

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, lately. Brawl seems to be quieting down, but it's still around for sure. 64 events seem to have just started popping up.

Where are you at, and how's the Smash there?

I just found out some people started up a local Smash scene here, within the last month. Lots of Smash 4 hype so far, but they have also done PM and Melee stuff.

Need to keep working on PM and join up. Also need to get a job that would have suitable hours because I don't think my current one does...

Someone should change the Mega Man trailer so that items like Metal Blade and Leaf Shield become Doritos and his arm cannon is a bottle of Mountain Dew.

emb

I just found out some people started up a local Smash scene here, within the last month. Lots of Smash 4 hype so far, but they have also done PM and Melee stuff.

Need to keep working on PM and join up. Also need to get a job that would have suitable hours because I don't think my current one does...
That's exciting!

But work can get in the way, yeah. Having Saturdays off is hugely important. Makes me glad to have a pretty standard M-F. But even if you can't always make it to events, hopefully you can find people to practice with on your schedule.

inb4 someone already has a Bayonetta 2 LP up

"I just got this game and I haven't played it before, so the first thing I should do is record myself playing it. Things like not knowing what to do and stumbling around or not providing any meaningful commentary or information will be funny for the viewers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom