• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

I'm still sad about that. Everyone complains Daisy isn't developed enough. Same with Waluigi. Which is true but damn it kind of hurts when you have these characters fans want to love even more and just decide to give the spotlight to a new addition. Daisy and Waluigi need to be in their own game together at this point that does something with them.
They're not developed enough -> They don't get into new games -> They're not developed enough

Now go play Xenoblade already. What are you waiting for? :p

go play Xenoblade already if you haven't!
I have no intention of forking over tons of money for a game I'm not really interested in. The 100 hour playtime that everyone says it has is a real deterrent.
I'm still sad about that. Everyone complains Daisy isn't developed enough. Same with Waluigi. Which is true but damn it kind of hurts when you have these characters fans want to love even more and just decide to give the spotlight to a new addition. Daisy and Waluigi need to be in their own game together at this point that does something with them.
Daisy sucks, but Waluigi needs a game, or to star in a game with Wario. Make sure someone like AlphaDream or Intelligent Systems does it, it would need really good writing.

Pompadour

They're not developed enough -> They don't get into new games -> They're not developed enough

I think Nintendo likes to keep all the Mario characters segregated until it's time for kart racing or tennis, maybe thinking if the side characters show up in a main Mario title the series will take a turn and be more like the Sonic series. Even Luigi couldn't get into a main Mario game for like a decade.

Jawmuncher

I have no intention of forking over tons of money for a game I'm not really interested in. The 100 hour playtime that everyone says it has is a real deterrent.

Daisy sucks, but Waluigi needs a game, or to star in a game with Wario. Make sure someone like AlphaDream or Intelligent Systems does it, it would need really good writing.

Daisy_Sad_Face.png

I never knew she was this disliked. She's not even an underdog she's apparently lower than that.

Also Xenoblade is easily done in 50 hours.
Though that doesnt fix the price.

emb

It only costs around 50 now (well, as of the last time I saw it, probably a month or two back). No more than a normal new game costs.

The play time is more like 60-80 hours (I think it took me 65? Might have been a little more.) Comparatively less, but yeah, I got ya. If it's not your thing it's not your thing. It's hard for me to find that kind of time to devote to an RPG these days, and the price of a new game isn't worth paying if you're not interested.

Jawmuncher

What do you think the time would be for a person who hasn't played it before and has little-to-no experience with ARPGs?

Hmmm that's a tough one.
The biggest reason for players getting to ridiculous play time is because of exploring and sidequests. The battle system is pretty accommodating to anyone but you will need some fast reflexes later on if you plan to beat the final boss at a earlier level. I would say probably 60 hours. Since you might end up grinding or exploring areas a bit more to get the XP for a select few boss fights so they won't be as tight of a encounter.

Regardless if you never play it I don't blame you. It was a commitment when I did since I don't play RPGs very often unless they're on the go. Especially with the current go price still being higher than normal.

Azure J

Nintendo loves them some catch 22.

Stuff like this is why I both love and hate Smash rosters. The fucking Ice Climbers get so well known that they have people pouring liquor out for their departure, but Sakurai picks characters like that with seemingly no discernible rhyme or reason. (I mean did anyone really expect R.O.B in Brawl?)

Meanwhile, all these up and comer franchise leads with potential and currently tenured franchises that'd love to have one more tertiary character have to cross fingers and then some hoping to hit their jackpot.

Looking through Smashbros-miiverse's list of trophies, there are some I don't recognize that don't come from a specific series. Any help?

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like these don't work.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How fitting :p

Are you referring to my use of Waluigi in MK8?

I actually only picked him because I wanted to use a Cruiser. Early on Rosalina was stupid popular and there were a lot more DKs than Waluigis, so I went with him for variety.

But then this happened and all that went out the window.

HzE3HsDl.jpg

Jawmuncher

Stuff like this is why I both love and hate Smash rosters. The fucking Ice Climbers get so well known that they have people pouring liquor out for their departure, but Sakurai picks characters like that with seemingly no discernible rhyme or reason. (I mean did anyone really expect R.O.B in Brawl?)

Meanwhile, all these up and comer franchise leads with potential and currently tenured franchises that'd love to have one more tertiary character have to cross fingers and then some hoping to hit their jackpot.

Yeah it's definitely just an odd process all around.

I actually only picked him because I wanted to use a Cruiser. Early on Rosalina was stupid popular and there were a lot more DKs than Waluigis, so I went with him for variety.

HzE3HsDl.jpg

Good. Waluigi is among the best characters Nintendo has ever created.

Kyzon

HzE3HsDl.jpg

No Waluigi Mii?
For Shame!

RetroMG

Imagine a Mario Party stage that would have Chance Time. You'd basically get your stocks or wins/losses swapped with someone.

Too much salt to handle.

Some kind of random effect based on dice rolls would be awesome. I like stages like Wario Ware and Pictochat, (yes, I read the discussion a page or two back,) where the players have to contend with the stage trying to kill them as much as the other players.

One of my favorite stages in Brawl was one that I made that was entirely moving platforms. It was a blast to play on. Makes me sad that custom stages (seemingly) aren't in this time.

HzE3HsDl.jpg

needs more Rosalina /s

Golnei

While I want as many franchises to get representation as possible, retro and obscure characters should always be prioritised over creating more representation for popular franchises. Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, ROB, G&W and Ness are characters that are crucial to the series, and give the roster its large sense of historical scope. The games as a whole would lose a lot if they had included characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Tingle, Impa, Bandana Dee, Tom Nook and Zoroark in their stead.

Azure J

HzE3HsDl.jpg

Reminds me of this actually. This too.

I actually found it weird that so many people started biting my setup with that character. :lol

God I can't wait for this semester to be over. I miss GAFKart8.

Thorakai

While I want as many franchises to get representation as possible, retro and obscure characters should always be prioritised over creating more representation for popular franchises. Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, ROB, G&W and Ness are characters that are crucial to the series, and give the roster its large sense of historical scope. The games as a whole would lose a lot if they had included characters like Daisy, Waluigi, Tingle, Impa, Bandana Dee, Tom Nook and Zoroark in their stead.

how dare you

WITH FUNCTIONING IMAGES THIS TIME:
I always like seeing what weird, obscure series Smash Bros. gets trophies from, and I couldn't recognize the following non-specific series characters. Any help?

BL58Tam.png
YUbmSDm.png
CCxq5IS.png
zxyCWki.png
rba82dL.png
EH9G0Kn.png
7VZ6YjE.png

KHlover

Banned
Is Ashley's song the same as in Brawl or did they remix it for Super Smash Bros. 4? Maybe it's my new sound card and headphones, but it seems to sound sooo much better than I remember it *-*

emb

Why have they not expanded upon this character yet? It was the best thing of E3 2012 (save Pikmin 3)
He would have fit in well with the E3 presentation this year. I wouldn't want him in an actual game or anything, but it'd be cool to see him make a cameo in their marketing broadcasts now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom