• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Hi guys, I know I said I was going to keep you updated on my dog's health condition, so after a week, here it is:

My dog is about to go into surgery, he has a tumor and needs it to be removed, the surgery is considered to be risky because of his age, he's 13 years old already, so that makes things more complicated. Hopefully everything goes fine, I pray to God it goes that way.

He's been infinitely better, the treatment has helped him a lot, he recovered a lot of his energy, strength and humor, I swear it's as if he were 9 again and there were nothing wrong with him anymore, he also seemed to be a lot happier. But the problem is still there, sadly, and the surgery is completely needed for him to remain healthy for some more time, as much time as he feels like.

Thanks to everyone that asked for these updates, thank you for caring.
See ya SmashGAF

I'll be praying for you two. 13 is a risky age for surgery, but if it's what he needs, it's what he needs; it's better than being in pain. Besides, it worked wonders for my dog; we weren't sure if she'd make it past age 10, but she lived for a healthy, happy 15 years, which, for a black lab, was very impressive.

I hope all is well, and maybe we'll meet someday on the field of battle.

ha, hardest character ever

What about that Trout character they cut from Tekken 3 who literally could do no damage and also couldn't move?

Neoxon

Hi guys, I know I said I was going to keep you updated on my dog's health condition, so after a week, here it is:

My dog is about to go into surgery, he has a tumor and needs it to be removed, the surgery is considered to be risky because of his age, he's 13 years old already, so that makes things more complicated. Hopefully everything goes fine, I pray to God it goes that way.

He's been infinitely better, the treatment has helped him a lot, he recovered a lot of his energy, strength and humor, I swear it's as if he were 9 again and there were nothing wrong with him anymore, he also seemed to be a lot happier. But the problem is still there, sadly, and the surgery is completely needed for him to remain healthy for some more time, as much time as he feels like.

See ya SmashGAF
Hopefully your dog comes out of it okay. Here's hoping. :)

Jawmuncher

See ya SmashGAF

Hope everything works out for him!

---------------------------------------------------------------

To lighten the mood I found this recently.
I enjoy it far more than I should. Think i'll use this as the reason why Snake and Daisy aren't in smash. They're too busy dating.
untitledl8k60.png

We should at least give her a chance.
I'm sure someone at nintendo could manage some magic if given the chance.

I just think that a character should become more fleshed out before being given a game of their own. Though Loogie did prove that concept to be wrong, lol. I just don't want another "Super Princess Peach" scenario again. I feel she's best suited to becoming a recurring side character outside of spin-offs than anything else.

Jawmuncher

I just think that a character should become more fleshed out before being given a game of their own. Though Loogie did prove that concept to be wrong, lol. I just don't want another "Super Princess Peach" scenario again. I feel she's best suited to becoming a recurring side character outside of spin-offs than anything else.

I guess it's just one of those things.
Since to me being fleshed out is a pretty hard task without a actual game.
At the end of the day though it's all Rosalina's fault anyway. New character that took away from both Waluigi and Daisy's chances.

Zubz

Banned
Hope everything works out for him!

---------------------------------------------------------------

To lighten the mood I found this recently.
I enjoy it far more than I should. Think i'll use this as the reason why Snake and Daisy aren't in smash. They're too busy dating.
untitledl8k60.png

Well then, why don't they get that relationship out in the open?

I guess the it's already bloomed, but can love be sustained on the Battlefield?!

At the end of the day though it's all Rosalina's fault anyway. New character that took away from both Waluigi and Daisy's chances.

Waluigi >>> Rosalina >>>>>>>>>> Daisy

Hey now it's not Rosalina's fault Nintendo doesn't care about them.

kNtoLGb.png

Get ready to SMASH with the ALL-STARS!
Microsoft is waiting to announce their upcoming icon fighter after Super Smash Bros. for Wii U comes out in order to ride the publicity. The name of their game: Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing.
For this groundbreaking hit, Microsoft has teamed up with Activision and EA, two of the most beloved companies in gaming, in order to provide the best roster possible. Classic characters such as Crash Bandicoot and Commander Shepard will face off against some of Microsoft's greatest legends, including Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, and Steve.
For the first time: See Conker face off against Joanna Dark! These special Microsoft characters finally return on their rightful home: the Xbox One.
For the first time: Play as the purple dragon Spyro in an icon fighting game! He's too big to miss out on!
It's going to be a smashing success! Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing will release in 2015 only on the Xbox One. Better with Kinect.
Be sure to preorder now, if you want to play as the Arbiter, Riley, or the Creeper!

Eeeh... I'd say Daisy's chances were hindered more than Waluigi's. Rosalina's essentially become the secondary Peach character, a niche Daisy could have potentially filled in mainline games. Though I'm not sure what Nintendo can really do with Rosalina outside of Galaxy and multiplayer 3D World-esque games, other than her being shoehorned in as a "guide" presence similarly to Galaxy 1 just to be included. She feels out of place in a non-Galaxy setting, honestly. The most I can see for Daisy is to be a replacement to Peach when playing as Luigi in a future Super Mario title. I'd actually like that, since NSLU really let me down in that regard.

MAYBE Nintendo can do something interesting with her, but I'll never know unless they try. The fact that Peach got one mediocre game and hasn't gotten another since doesn't give me exactly high hopes that she or any of the other princess characters will ever get a starring role again, lol.

kNtoLGb.png

Get ready to SMASH with the ALL-STARS!
Microsoft is waiting to announce their upcoming icon fighter after Super Smash Bros. for Wii U comes out in order to ride the publicity. The name of their game: Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing.
For this groundbreaking hit, Microsoft has teamed up with Activision and EA, two of the most beloved companies in gaming, in order to provide the best roster possible. Classic characters such as Crash Bandicoot and Commander Shepard will face off against some of Microsoft's greatest legends, including Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, and Steve.
For the first time: See Conker face off against Joanna Dark! These special Microsoft characters finally return on their rightful home: the Xbox One.
For the first time: Play as the purple dragon Spyro in an icon fighting game! He's too big to miss out on!
It's going to be a smashing success! Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing will release in 2015 only on the Xbox One. Better with Kinect.
Be sure to preorder now, if you want to play as the Arbiter, Riley, or the Creeper!

I've never found the MS Smash clone jokes funny.

Zubz

Banned
MAYBE Nintendo can do something interesting with her, but I'll never know unless they try. The fact that Peach got one mediocre game and hasn't gotten another since doesn't give me exactly high hopes that she or any of the other princess characters will ever get a starring role again, lol.

Yeah, but that was an easy-as-hell platformer. I want to see them do an action game with Daisy or something.

random25

See ya SmashGAF

Hope the surgery goes well, and for the speedy recovery of your pal.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, but that was an easy-as-hell platformer. I want to see them do an action game with Daisy or something.

bayonetta2daisy-300x181.png

The closest we'll get.
Still thinking on what that Daisy thread should be.
Searched and looked at the old ones. They're different subject's but I just know they'll divulge into the same thread.

Neoxon

Does anyone have that image with Robin looking into getting ZSS & Little Mac to S-Support so their kid would have Galeforce?

WITH FUNCTIONING IMAGES THIS TIME:
I always like seeing what weird, obscure series Smash Bros. gets trophies from, and I couldn't recognize the following non-specific series characters. Any help?

BL58Tam.png
YUbmSDm.png
CCxq5IS.png
zxyCWki.png
rba82dL.png
EH9G0Kn.png
7VZ6YjE.png

This is from a few pages ago, but that king guy is from Freakyforms. I'm honestly surprised to see it get a shout-out in Smash Bros, since the whole game is "make your own dudes", he was one of the very few pre-made NPC type characters.

pic1l.jpg

I just don't. Also Phil Spencer pretty much outright said they won't do it, which takes any humor there might have been left for those jokes away for me.

How many times though has the boss of a company "outright" said no about something and yet changed their mind about it months or even years later? Can guarantee that if there was money to be made off a MS fighter then they would do it even after "saying" all they want that it won't happen, even if it means they get a kinectimals person because they barely even have a roster to begin with for any such thing.

How many times though has the boss of a company "outright" said no about something and yet changed their mind about it months or even years later? Can guarantee that if there was money to be made off a MS fighter then they would do it even after "saying" all they want that it won't happen, even if it means they get a kinectimals person because they barely even have a roster to begin with for any such thing.

But they know there is no money in it. People buy Smash because it's Smash.
lmao

and nice avatar btw
Thank you.

Anth0ny

And let's not forget my latest acquisition.

Are there any differences between this & the original run of GameCube controllers besides the longer cord?

It might just be my imagination/faulty controller but I swear the L button clicks differently on the white controllers when compared to the black/orange/silver ones.

Other than that they're identical. It should be fine for Smash 4, Brawl or any Gamecube game that isn't Melee and requires 100000000 L button inputs. Per minute.

Neoxon

It might just be my imagination/faulty controller but I swear the L button clicks differently on the white controllers when compared to the black/orange/platinum/indigo ones.

Other than that they're identical. It should be fine for Smash 4, Brawl or any Gamecube game that isn't Melee and requires 100000000 L button inputs. Per minute.
FTFY

Anyway, I'm clicking the L button & it seems fine. I need to test it with my older controllers at home for a proper comparison.

Neoxon

Once I buy some Sony Walkman headphones, my process of going to Project M locals will be...

- Walk into the MSC (A&M) from rainy outside
- Take off my hood
- Go downstairs to the Game Room
- Go to a Project M set-up
- Plug in my GameCube controller
- Select Pit
- Switch to Dark Pit color
- Put on Sony Walkman headphones
- Crank up the music
- Fight

Jawmuncher

Once I buy some Sony Walkman headphones, my process of going to Project M locals will be...

- Walk into the MSC (A&M) from rainy outside
- Take off my hood
- Go downstairs to the Game Room
- Go to a Project M set-up
- Plug in my GameCube controller
- Select Pit
- Switch to Dark Pit color
- Put on Sony Walkman headphones
- Crank up the music
- Fight

It's like playing Smash 4 ahead of time!

I just don't. Also Phil Spencer pretty much outright said they won't do it, which takes any humor there might have been left for those jokes away for me.

Sorry you feel that way.
Mostly, I wanted to make this roster to see if I could - they have a surprising amount of IP that they never use. I managed to match All-Stars' roster without having to resort to Master Chief clones.

Well here you go.
Matches Sony's attempt in number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom