• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

I think the last few nights have been flukes; it's usually up at 2, so to make up for getting it early, it's not going to be up until 4.

... Last time that happened, we talked about what Smash characters we wanted as family members, and EmCee locked the thread until 4:30, when the Meta Knight reveal is up. I kinda don't want that to happen again...

Though the actual lock wasn't placed until the fake PoTDs started up. If we can avoid that, we should be fine - and I doubt we'll be capable of that kind of fervour until the Wii U release date draws nearer.

Actually, come to think of it, where IS Sakurai getting that Squitter model from? I know it was in Brawl, but where did it come from back then? Is it possible that Sakurai has the world's only copy of Squitter Kong Country: Revengeance, and he's been hogging it all along?

Tokyo EAD might have made it. Don't the original teams provide the assets for use?

Is there no Mallo trophy?

Zubz

Banned
Actually, come to think of it, where IS Sakurai getting that Squitter model from? I know it was in Brawl, but where did it come from back then? Is it possible that Sakurai has the world's only copy of Squitter Kong Country: Revengeance, and he's been hogging it all along?

Maybe he was cut from DK: Barrel Blast? That's where 50% of the DK trophies came from in Brawl, no matter how insignificant the game proper was.

Though the actual lock wasn't placed until the fake PoTDs started up. If we can avoid that, we should be fine - and I doubt we'll be capable of that kind of fervour until the Wii U release date draws nearer.

True... But Smash Families was a pretty stupid idea that I hope we never desperately create again. I'm so glad Oric was always there to get us back on track.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Only thing I can think of is if Squitter was in Barrel Blast at one point, like Rambi and Enguarde are, and was cut but they still could use his model...like how the Kirby Enemy models were from the canned GCN game.

Gleethor

Have we talked about/debunked this yet?

ByWJ6vKIQAAnoQc.jpg

Neiteio

Only thing I can think of is if Squitter was in Barrel Blast at one point, like Rambi and Enguarde are, and was cut but they still could use his model...like how the Kirby Enemy models were from the canned GCN game.
That's probably it. Btw, how did Rambi and Enguarde work in those games? Just background decoration, or did they actually strap rockets to them? :-O

Have we talked about/debunked this yet?

ByWJ6vKIQAAnoQc.jpg
lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like how much everyone likes Nomad. Like, they have no interest in the game, but they can't not be impressed by the guy. I like that.

Rolling Western is one of those games where the gameplay is love it or hate it but the setting and characters are very memorable. I really wish Nintendo would pick them up and put them in a bigger gameplay set up (Zelda Western Edition, anyone?)

Golnei

Rolling Western is one of those games where the gameplay is love it or hate it but the setting and characters are very memorable. I really wish Nintendo would pick them up and put them in a bigger gameplay set up (Zelda Western Edition, anyone?)

I agree - I have no particular attachment to the gameplay, but a Vanquish-esque gunsquid TPS would be something I'd buy instantly. Perhaps if Splatoon is a success, the Wii U will become home to a variety of marine-themed shooters.

I feel she's gone from all versions just because one area didn't accept her; it doesn't look like they're repeating what they did with the Tamagon trophy, since we already know she's not in the Japanese version, where she's least likely to bump up the game's rating. So I guess this means the trophy list is universal, and we're getting both Rusties? I still think Japanese Rusty'd cause more controversy than Tharja, and frankly one Tharja's better than multiple Rusties, but eh.

Rusty? I'm still trying to catch up with this thread. What Rusty trophy? Can I get a pic?

Zubz

Banned
I agree - I have no particular attachment to the gameplay, but a Vanquish-esque gunsquid TPS would be something I'd buy instantly. Perhaps if Splatoon is a success, the Wii U will become home to a variety of marine-themed shooters.

Ditto; I don't mind the gameplay myself, but it is kind of tedious and I know others aren't a fan of it, but the game has style, and I kind of want to see that style move the IP in another direction. The sequel was basically just the first with a few new enemies and the ability to have Gunsquid, Bear, and Lizardman do some of the resource-collecting and mook-fighting work for you due to the bigger maps.

Boss Doggie

Ditto; I don't mind the gameplay myself, but it is kind of tedious and I know others aren't a fan of it, but the game has style, and I kind of want to see that style move the IP in another direction. The sequel was basically just the first with a few new enemies and the ability to have Gunsquid, Bear, and Lizardman do some of the resource-collecting and mook-fighting work for you due to the bigger maps.

but Dillon can't shoot!

With that said the rangers have their own classes already. Gallo (lizard) is the flanking guy with pistols, Boone (bear) is heavyweapons guy with shotgun, and Nomad (squid) is a sniper.

Also the NPC designs are really top notch, like that ram/goat bartender with eyepatch.

but Dillon can't shoot!

With that said the rangers have their own classes already. Gallo (lizard) is the flanking guy with pistols, Boone (bear) is heavyweapons guy with shotgun, and Nomad (squid) is a sniper.

Also the NPC designs are really top notch, like that ram/goat bartender with eyepatch.

I have no problems with the gameplay, but the world and characters I do love. Am hoping the series isn't dead; Vanpool has been quiet for some time...

Zubz

Banned

Yeah, him and the arms-dealer Salamander. Those guys'd be cool trophies, too, honestly.

I have no problems with the gameplay, but the world and characters I do love. Am hoping the series isn't dead; Vanpool has been quiet for some time...

I'm surprised the game got a sequel at all, but if it did well enough to get one, they might be doing well enough to be doing something else with the IP. Either that or they're helping Monster Games with Diddy Kong Racing 2, if that one rumor's to be believed.

Boss Doggie

Like I said, I hope Nintendo expands upon it.

Also there's a joke somewhere about Dillon being a "cartoon animal" with openly walking wearing nothing more than a hat, boots, gloves and a scarf while everyone is wearing full clothing.

Zubz

Banned
Also there's a joke somewhere about Dillon being a "cartoon animal" with openly walking wearing nothing more than a hat, boots, gloves and a scarf while everyone is wearing full clothing.

I saw that joke there, but I thought it best not to touch it.

Zubz

Banned
not a surprise, we aren't getting much right now

We had prolonged breaks before the update anyway. But at this point, odds are over 90% likely that we're just getting another menu. There's still some menus Sakurai hasn't shown off! I should've saved that picture of him as a waiter...

Mariolee

We had prolonged breaks before the update anyway. But at this point, odds are over 90% likely that we're just getting another menu. There's still some menus Sakurai hasn't shown off! I should've saved that picture of him as a waiter...

Just watch. Because of this comment we'll get something huge tonight.

Zubz

Banned
Do you know what we could hype about with the PotD? Cause I don't yet..

We can go back to trusting Mariolee's skeleton, but I highly doubt we'll see anything Ridley-related for a month or so at least.
Then things get Ridley-culous.

Just watch. Because of this comment we'll get something huge tonight.

Huge, you say? You thinking what I'm thinking?
The trophy menu showing the entire trophy count, organized by some category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom