• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a green X.

X-400.png

Ewksbawks logo

EulaCapra

WITH FUNCTIONING IMAGES THIS TIME:
I always like seeing what weird, obscure series Smash Bros. gets trophies from, and I couldn't recognize the following non-specific series characters. Any help?

BL58Tam.png
YUbmSDm.png
CCxq5IS.png
zxyCWki.png
rba82dL.png
EH9G0Kn.png
7VZ6YjE.png
Fourth one is Daphne, a NPC from Style Savvy: Trendsetters aka 3DS GOTY 2012.

WITH FUNCTIONING IMAGES THIS TIME:
I always like seeing what weird, obscure series Smash Bros. gets trophies from, and I couldn't recognize the following non-specific series characters. Any help?

BL58Tam.png
YUbmSDm.png
CCxq5IS.png
zxyCWki.png
rba82dL.png
EH9G0Kn.png
7VZ6YjE.png

Is that 2nd one really just the random enemy old guy playing a flute from EarthBound lol? So many more memorable ones that could be used instead that have more to them, then again it does get your attention for being different.

Zubz

Banned
Nope, it's from some random obscure series, not Earthbound.

As an American EarthBound fan, I find it amusing how that implies that EarthBound isn't an obscure series.

I have some itch to play some smash bros 64 if my system still working. I might play it this weekend.

Do it up! I just lost $5 in a Smash 64 tournament last week; I hadn't played in years, and it was clear the Kirby I was up against had played it recently. Still had a blast, though!

As an American EarthBound fan, I find it amusing how that implies that EarthBound isn't an obscure series.

It's sad that that's the case for the West when it comes to the Mother series. The only entry in the series we ever got would have faded completely into obscurity had it not been for them putting Ness into Smash, which led to quite a few people wondering wtf it was and why they never heard of him or his series.

Do it up! I just lost $5 in a Smash 64 tournament last week; I hadn't played in years, and it was clear the Kirby I was up against had played it recently. Still had a blast, though!
Earthbound has at least one character in every smash bros game. It's not obscure anymore lol. As an American Earthbound fan.

Kangi

I thought this was obvious, but if I have to spell it out for you, I mean where can I see these close-up images of the trophies online?

Then ask where to find them. You just asked where they're coming from.

In addition to the above, here are all of the texture rips. Character renders, trophies, victory screens, etc.

Zubz

Banned
It's sad that that's the case for the West when it comes to the Mother series. The only entry in the series we ever got would have faded completely into obscurity had it not been for them putting Ness into Smash, which led to quite a few people wondering wtf it was and why they never heard of him or his series.

Definitely; I honestly thought Ness was a replacement for Nester in Nintendo Power when I first saw him. I'd love to see us get a Mother 1-3 Collection over here; at the very least, the US Version of 1 was completed, and EarthBound finally jumped its legal hurdles over here, too, so all we need is Mother 3! I know Tomato offered his to Nintendo, but sadly, I doubt they'd take it even if they did bring it over...

Zubz

Banned
Awesome! I like that there's the 2 versions of Rusty dog.

I'm just wondering, though; the design was changed because of fears the Japanese version looked racist, right? I wonder if we're getting both versions over here, too. We already know they had to censor Tharja by removing her entirely. inb4 "uncontrollable booty" jokes

random25

I'm just wondering, though; the design was changed because of fears the Japanese version looked racist, right? I wonder if we're getting both versions over here, too. We already know they had to censor Tharja by removing her entirely. inb4 "uncontrollable booty" jokes

I'm hoping not, though there is a possibility. I also wonder about the Tharja cut in the Japanese version as her appearance is more or less acceptable in that region without a rating increase.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Well, we don't know if she's still in the US Version since that was the version we saw her in the ESRB leak.

Zubz

Banned
I'm hoping not, though there is a possibility. I also wonder about the Tharja cut in the Japanese version as her appearance is more or less acceptable in that region without a rating increase.

Well, we don't know if she's still in the US Version since that was the version we saw her in the ESRB leak.

I feel she's gone from all versions just because one area didn't accept her; it doesn't look like they're repeating what they did with the Tamagon trophy, since we already know she's not in the Japanese version, where she's least likely to bump up the game's rating. So I guess this means the trophy list is universal, and we're getting both Rusties? I still think Japanese Rusty'd cause more controversy than Tharja, and frankly one Tharja's better than multiple Rusties, but eh.

Zubz

Banned
Wow, I love like ALL of the trophies this time around!!

Here are a few favorites:

wow

That Magicant one's crazy. Glad Squitter's back, though, and that Dillon's Rolling Western has a characters trophy beyond Dillon himself! Maybe next game, buddy!

Is that ANOTHER new Squitter model?

Where the fuck is Sakurai getting these?

Sakurai Bias, man. Come Smash 7, we'll be seeing Dr. Squitter as a newcomer clone.

Golnei

UtSsgGR.png

It's always good to see Anna show up, and Magnus looks as moé as usual, but 'Dr. Kawashima laughing alone with numbers' might be my favourite trophy pose.

DwGKcAb.png

Wait...is that Gunsquid?

Zubz

Banned
wait what's going on?

when's the PotD?

I think the last few nights have been flukes; it's usually up at 2, so to make up for getting it early, it's not going to be up until 4.

... Last time that happened, we talked about what Smash characters we wanted as family members, and EmCee locked the thread until 4:30, when the Meta Knight reveal is up. I kinda don't want that to happen again...

DwGKcAb.png

Wait...is that Gunsquid?

I like how much everyone likes Nomad. Like, they have no interest in the game, but they can't not be impressed by the guy. I like that.

Kangi

... Last time that happened, we talked about what Smash characters we wanted as family members, and EmCee locked the thread until 4:30, when the Meta Knight reveal is up. I kinda don't want that to happen again...

Yes, you do.

Neiteio

Actually, come to think of it, where IS Sakurai getting that Squitter model from? I know it was in Brawl, but where did it come from back then? Is it possible that Sakurai has the world's only copy of Squitter Kong Country: Revengeance, and he's been hogging it all along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom