• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

kiryogi

Banned
Here's my report. Been trying all week and hopefully today but here are the PMs... (I had yesterday and today off so far too)

kiryogi said:
SpiffyG said:
kiryogi said:
SpiffyG said:
kiryogi said:
SpiffyG said:
kiryogi said:
So you're my match! When can we throw it down? :D
I should be on tomorrow around 4pm... Does that work for you?

@ work! I'm off tuesday tho.
Tuesday works for me. What time would you like to play?

This is kind of embarrassing, but the ranbat OP makes no sense to me. I've read it over and over again but still don't see who I'm supposed to be playing and when. -_-;

D: Where were you today? So when can you play? I usually work nights until 12am PST. And in terms of the OP. It rotates. This week in the you're in you face the number opposite if you. so 1 vs 8, 2 v 7 and etc,
Aaahh! I'm sorry, I wasn't home! I can't play after 12am since the PS3 isn't even in my house. When do you go to work? Can we play before then? I can be on as early as noon!

Spiffy! This is the last day we have to do this. Let's do it! I'm off again today (Saturday) so whenever is good. Well I'll prob be asleep in the morning since I'm up right now. But let me know ASAP.

gutabo

GGs Stabicron, sorry about no honda but I haven't been playing at all this week(and I'm going back to work now) so no practice=no jab into hands and no jab into hands(or anything into hands)=no honda, by default I had to play sim... very close matches! You murdered me on that second to last round :(

I gotta practice at least 20 min. everyday from now on, I can't play honda at all if I'm not feeling confident about doing anything into hands. So I guess sim will be my secondary.

HiResDes messaged me and said he has forfeited the match. And I don't think he will be participating for the rest of the tournament and just giving 2-0 for everyone :-(

BotoxAgent said:
HiResDes messaged me and said he has forfeited the match. And I don't think he will be participating for the rest of the tournament and just giving 2-0 for everyone :-(
Except that isnt how its going to work.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Didn't know I actually got entered into this. My main is Ryu and my alt is Ibuki. I've played this game like 3 times in the past couple months.

Match 1
Hatchet Man over hikarutimitt (2-0)

Match 2
hikarutimitt over Hatchet Man (2-0)

Match 3

ggs man

Hatchet Man said:
Match 1
Hatchet Man over hikarutimitt (2-0)

Match 2
hikarutimitt over Hatchet Man (2-1)

Match 3

ggs man

They were all 2-0 matches. I just replayed them to make sure I didn't lose my mind and forget on. :lol

Your time expired 45 minutes ago
Here is my ruling on natural disasters/life getting in the way
All you have to do to avoid getting a negative penalty is announce your reason for not playing your match before the deadline hits if you cannot for some reason (i.e. natural disaster) you will be spared the negative penalty. if you and your opponent can agree to a draw due to circumstances beyond your control i will also accept that and split the points giving each player 1 point.

1v3 2v4 5v7 6v8 this week.

Gyrian

OP Updated!
Gentlemen, your Week 4 match-ups are ready.

Morro! said:
Oh, I tought Gyrian already had the score since he was in PSN chat when we played our matches

If I'm around, I'll note the points in our score sheet right away. I asked you guys then to make the post regardless.
I think it's a good idea because it keeps a record here, and we use it when double checking everything again before the new week goes out.

ultim8p00 said:
Wait why do I only have .5 points? I won 2-0 and 2-1

?

Solune

PSN Pool Abel

Sollune vs SephirothRK

Match 1
Sollune (Cammy) vs SephirothRK (Viper)
0 - 2
Match 2
0 - 2

Result SephirothRK sweeps Sollune 2-0.
That Viper is too godlike.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lost Fragment said:
Man, I have to fight another Chun this week. fml

Sent you a message and friend request last night. Waiting to hear back from you!

texas_satrad.jpg

Well, the good part is that this should be over by the weekend and my area doesn't have any major power outages like the rest of San Antonio (yet).

User 406

Banned
Got hammered this time.

Pool Sagat 5v7 Sea Manky (Zangief) vs Rice Eater (Ryu)

Set 1 2-1 Rice Eater
Set 2 2-0 Rice Eater

Nice Ryu there, couldn't touch you after that first set. :)

Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge Vs. Lost Fragment
------------------------------------------

Match 1 Chun Vs. Viper; 1-2 Lost Fragment

Match 2 Same; 1-2 Lost Fragment

GGs man! The second match was like OWNED Me, OWNED You, OWNED Me again! :lol

Morris

Disco Devil
Pool Abel

Floydnova [#6] vs Frogpunch [#8]

Floyd (Abel) 2 - 0 (Rose) Frogpunch
Floyd (Abel) 2 - 0 (Juri) Frogpunch

GGs!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I am undefeated so far (except the time I defeated myself). Rar. Who's man enough to hand me my first taste of defeat?

AkumaHokoru said:
Except that isnt how its going to work.

Yeah that's how it went when I tried to get in touch with him for our match a few weeks ago too. Wanted to post as such, but it seemed that he basically wanted me to pretend that we played and I wasn't sure if I should've just called him out.

But yeah, adjust pointz accordingly if you see fit.

Lyte Edge said:
Lyte Edge Vs. Lost Fragment

Match 1 Chun Vs. Viper; 1-2 Lost Fragment

Match 2 Same; 1-2 Lost Fragment

GGs man! The second match was like OWNED Me, OWNED You, OWNED Me again! :lol

GGs. I hate Chun :( Knowing my luck next week I'll have to fight another one. Again.

Ploid 3.0

Eraldo Coil Vs. Ploid

Match 1 Eraldo Coil (Balrog) Vs. Ploid (DJ); 2-0 Eraldo Coil

Match 2 Same; 2-0 Eraldo Coil

Lost Fragment said:
Yeah that's how it went when I tried to get in touch with him for our match a few weeks ago too. Wanted to post as such, but it seemed that he basically wanted me to pretend that we played and I wasn't sure if I should've just called him out.

But yeah, adjust pointz accordingly if you see fit

Why didnt you tell me this earlier?

I am officially Disqualifying him now.

Lyte Edge

Lost Fragment said:
GGs. I hate Chun :( Knowing my luck next week I'll have to fight another one. Again.

Haha, I wanted to break her out when we played after but I held off since you really seem to hate her. :lol

Lyte Edge

Why would HiResDes even do that? Just quit if you aren't going to play...WTF?

...If/when we do future ranbats and shit I am going to impose a ban on hires.

Its pretty much going to work out where whoever has to fight the bottom ranked opponent on the xbox side is now going to get a bye. (so 1st and 6th alternately will have bye's. cerrius has a bye this week)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AkumaHokoru said:
Why didnt you tell me this earlier?

Well, the impression that I got is he didn't want to do the ranbats anymore, but he didn't want to come out and say so at the expense of looking silly for signing up for something he knew would require somewhat of a commitment and immediately quitting (he didn't say so, that's just the feeling I got). So I felt sorta awkward about calling him out on it. But yeah, I probably should've said something.

Lyte Edge said:
Haha, I wanted to break her out when we played after but I held off since you really seem to hate her. :lol

Nah dude, play whoever you want :)

ultim8p00

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

But yeah, adjust pointz accordingly if you see fit.

Lost Fragment said:
Well, the impression that I got is he didn't want to do the ranbats anymore, but he didn't want to come out and say so at the expense of looking silly for signing up for something he knew would require somewhat of a commitment and immediately quitting (he didn't say so, that's just the feeling I got). So I felt sorta awkward about calling him out on it. But yeah, I probably should've said something.

Nah dude, play whoever you want :)

Wait are you saying that he SAID he wanted you two to pretend like you played? i.e give fake scores (which is dishonest as he may be giving himself points and still staying in the tournament)? Or are you ASSUMING he did because he said to give you 2-0 since he was going to forfeit (which may not be the rules, but it is not pretense, he forfeits both rounds so he loses)?

There's a big difference here. One is dishonest and the other is not. I have a hard time believing someone would even do something like that in a GAF tournament.

ultim8p00 said:
Wait are you saying that he SAID he wanted you two to pretend like you played? i.e give fake scores (which is dishonest as he may be giving himself points and still staying in the tournament)? Or are you ASSUMING he did because he said to give you 2-0 since he was going to forfeit (which may not be the rules, but it is not pretense, he forfeits both rounds so he loses)?

There's a big difference here. One is dishonest and the other is not. I have a hard time believing someone would even do something like that in a GAF tournament.

This is GAF, believe.

ultim8p00 said:
thisisneogafdude.gif

And I haven't seen Eva all week. I bet he's ducking me.

>_>;

Arol

TeknoPathetic - Arol - 2-0

Tekno (Bison) - Arol (Ryu) - 2-0

Tekno (Bison) - Arol (Ryu) - 2-0

GGs dude.

Man I really need to play more.

Solune said:
PSN Pool Abel
Sollune vs SephirothRK
Match 1
0 - 2
Match 2
0 - 2
Result SephirothRK sweeps Sollune 2-0.
That Viper is too godlike.

sry it took long for me to post here but ggs, I think you would've taken one if you hadn't messed the ultra command or got me with it.

the_log_ride said:
'Got in contact with Joekage. We're lookin' to match up on Wednesday. CAN'T WAIT
Your job is to beat him :D don't let him climb up.

SephirothRK said:
sry it took long for me to post here but ggs, I think you would've taken one if you hadn't messed the ultra command or got me with it.

Your job is to beat him :D don't let him climb up.

I try my best everytime, man. It's all I can do :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
ultim8p00 said:

Well, this is how it went down: I send him a PM asking when he wants to play, he says "we already played, you won both games 2-0," I PM him "que?" and don't get a response.

Online ranbats aren't worth taking too seriously. I mean yeah I want to do well, but I wasn't thinking "oh boy points for nothing~" or anything like that. I just exercised a bit of bad judgment and on reflection, I should've said something. So I figured I should set the record straight.

BiggNife

Biggnife(Honda) vs. BlackVegeta (Rog)

0-2 BlackVegeta

0-2 BlackVegeta

GG! Those matches were legit fun. I'm actually surprised I held my own. I might have had you a couple of times if I didn't get stuck in the corner :(

We should play again sometime. I'll take all the practice I can get.

Top Bottom