• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Pool Ryu

black_vegeta (Rawg) vs KillaSasa (Cammy) 0 - 2
black_vegeta (Rawg) vs KillSasa (Cammy) 1 - 2

GG's!

Too bad I couldn't win some sets when it mattered. :/

hitsugi

hikarutilmitt said:
Pool Blanka:

hikarutilmitt vs mashing keys

2-1 hitsugi
1-2 hikarutilmitt
2-1 hitsugi

oh that 3rd one counted? i thought we just played 2 regardless of ties.. GGs man.

Threi

notag
we managed to get our games done somehow, what we got is:

Pool Balrog

Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Threi (Dee Jay) = 2-1 Spirit of Jazz
Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Threi (Bison) = 1-2 Threi

gg, it's the best we could do with such a long-distance connection, neither of us were able to play as well as we could. :(

Threi said:
we managed to get our games done somehow, what we got is:

Pool Balrog

Spirit of Jazz (Abel) vs Threi (Dee Jay) = 2-1 Spirit of Jazz

gg, it's the best we could do with such a long-distance connection, neither of us were able to play as well as we could. :(

I'm free to Bison no matter how good the connection given I rarely get the chance to play against good ones. My jaw hit the ground on when you threw out the ultra post head-stomp wiff, was only after that I figured out you never needed to stop charging it lol,

Good games, that lag wasn't *too* bad and the best man won.

ultim8p00

Banned
Pool Ryu

Ultim8p00 (Ken) vs Sonicspear64 (Ken) 1-2 | Sonic wins

Ultim8p00 (Ken) vs Sonicspear64 (Ken) 2-1 | Ultim8p00 wins

Ultim8p00 (Ryu) vs Sonicspear64 (Ken) 2-1 | Ultim8p00 wins

Match was very laggy at some points, cost me a couple of rounds. Match was intense, did not think I would pull through. Sonic's execution with Ken was way better than mine. Nice footsies and crossups too, but somehow my scrub Ken and Ryu pulled through.

ultim8p00 said:
Pool Ryu

Ultim8p00 (Ken) vs Sonicspear64 (Ken) 1-2 | Sonic wins

Ultim8p00 (Ken) vs Sonicspear64 (Ken) 2-1 | Ultim8p00 wins

Ultim8p00 (Ryu) vs Sonicspear64 (Ken) 2-1 | Ultim8p00 wins

Match was very laggy at some points, cost me a couple of rounds. Match was intense, did not think I would pull through. Sonic's execution with Ken was way better than mine. Nice footsies and crossups too, but somehow my scrub Ken and Ryu pulled through.
Yup some (read: all) of my srk, FADC, shinryuken's got fucked up by lag (or my shitty execution :lol ). I'm mad at myself for not being able to bait your srk during my hit/block strings more (or just have tighter combos). Goddamn I hate mirror matches and matches against Ryu! :lol

Good games though. I still got months to get better and take the top spot (read: not even top 8). This is just some good practice before Season's Beatings this year.

ultim8p00

Banned
sonicspear64 said:
Yup some (read: all) of my srk, FADC, shinryuken's got fucked up by lag (or my shitty execution :lol ). I'm mad at myself for not being able to bait your srk during my hit/block strings more (or just have tighter combos). Goddamn I hate mirror matches and matches against Ryu! :lol

Good games though. I still got months to get better and take the top spot (read: not even top 8). This is just some good practice before Season's Beatings this year.

Yeah I try to stay away from combos when there is lag. I learned that lesson the hard way playing Grifter's Akuma. Dude DPed every single combo attempt I tried to make. I need to start doing less EX tatsu combos and more SRK combos.

Scoring is complete. alot of people actually played their matches this week and reported them I am impressed gaf

that said there are 7 people on blast this week with a -1

(you are ok bigg)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AkumaHokoru said:
Scoring is complete. alot of people actually played their matches this week and reported them I am impressed gaf

that said there are 7 people on blast this week with a -1

(you are ok bigg)

It seems a Hurricane is gonna send me to oblivion in the next days. That means no power. If we got the matchups by tonight I would forever love you and try to do them today before I lose power. Yes... SSF comes before protecting the house :lol

Relix said:
It seems a Hurricane is gonna send me to oblivion in the next days. That means no power. If we got the matchups by tonight I would forever love you and try to do them today before I lose power. Yes... SSF comes before protecting the house :lol
ok a natural disaster is an exception. -lol-

Joekage

Quick question. My opponent is the same person as last week, not that I mind playing him again, Just wondering if the ranking just put us up against each other again or it is a mistake or what.

Cool with whatever though so like I said, just wondering.

Joekage said:
Quick question. My opponent is the same person as last week, not that I mind playing him again, Just wondering if the ranking just put us up against each other again or it is a mistake or what.

Cool with whatever though so like I said, just wondering.
It happens your skill levels are consistant.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DBJ will be free if he doesn't have a storm over his house. Then again I probably will be the one with a storm over his. Still Ill try to play my match tomorrow so be ready FreeJoseph!

Relix said:
DBJ will be free if he doesn't have a storm over his house. Then again I probably will be the one with a storm over his. Still Ill try to play my match tomorrow so be ready FreeJoseph!
You do know that you haven't beaten me for about a month and a half now, right?

jdub03

eissan let me know what times you'll be on to play. I wont be on until after 1130pm est tonight if at all. After today I'll be on anytime after 730pm est.

Threi

notag
Pool Balrog

Killa Sasa (Cammy) vs Threi (Dee Jay) = 2-0 Killa Sasa
Killa Sasa (Cammy) vs Threi (Bison) = 2-0 Killa Sasa

wasn't even close :lol

User 406

Banned
Pool Zangief 3vs6 Jobber (Balrog) vs Sea_Manky (Zangief)

Match 1 - 2-1 Jobber
Match 2 - Draw
Match 3 - 2-0 Sea_Manky
Match 4 - 2-1 Jobber

Dunno if the draw gets scored if at all, but we got three matches in there. Good games, Jobber. :D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Sea Manky said:

Match 1 - 2-1 Jobber
Match 2 - Draw
Match 3 - 2-0 Sea_Manky
Match 4 - 2-1 Jobber

Dunno if the draw gets scored if at all, but we got three matches in there. Good games, Jobber. :D

Alberto Del Rio winks at you sir...

peasant.

Sea Manky said:

Match 1 - 2-1 Jobber
Match 2 - Draw
Match 3 - 2-0 Sea_Manky
Match 4 - 2-1 Jobber

you guys did it the right way Draw = unplayed match. play another

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
Yep I'll be around most of the day tomorrow or Thursday. You got any time in mind?

doesn't matter, anytime after 3pm wed or thursday...i'll send you an FR on live and we'll figure it out

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. AZ Greg
----------------------------

Match 1: Chun Vs. Vega- 0-2, AZ Greg
Match 2: Rose Vs. Vega- 0-2, AZ Greg

I got annihilated! :lol

So yeah, Rose will be my alt.

ultim8p00

Banned
Nice games Akuma. I think I'm going to sub Juri now, goddamn. As soon as Akuma scored a knockdown I lost half my health. Combos are insane.

Scrub ken pulled through somehow

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lyte Edge said:
I shoulda gone with T. Hawk. :lol
Vega is still a pain with T. Hawk. You can stuff/evade most of his air attacks, but he still has a pretty big speed and reach advantage on you.

Joekage

Me and Frogpunch did our matches again.

Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose) 2-1

Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose) 2-0

GG's again. The matches afterwards were very good. Saw a glaring weakness in my game which is E. Honda and full screen headbutts. I got hit by everyone of them. Too impatient for my own good. Need to work on that haha.

Axis

Joekage said:
Me and Frogpunch did our matches again.

Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose) 2-1

Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose) 2-0

GG's again. The matches afterwards were very good. Saw a glaring weakness in my game which is E. Honda and full screen headbutts. I got hit by everyone of them. Too impatient for my own good. Need to work on that haha.

you NEED to work on having xbl :p

Top Bottom