• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Match 1:
BotoxAgent (Guy) vs sonicspear64 (Ken): 2-1

Match 2:

Man I can't deal with fighting against past/semi mains. It's like I betrayed them or something! :lol

GGs! :D

EDIT: Don't jip me by a round. I saw your post before the edit! :lol

sonicspear64 said:
Match 1:

Match 2:

Man I can't deal with fighting against past/semi mains. It's like I betrayed them or something! :lol

GGs! :D

EDIT: Don't jip me by a round. I saw your post before the edit! :lol

sorry, i was watching the second match on replay and realize i made a mistake :)

...So poo is quitting and hitsugi is quitting?
I see about 3 matches that did not make it in before the time limit. I said I would be late. I didnt say you could. I will be slightly kind though the 3 reported matches are getting 0.0'ed instead of -1.

Gyrian

OP Updated, go get your Week 05 matches.

If you're matched up against one of the 3 retired players, please stand by.
It's not ideal, but we'll work out a decision rule for these going forward.

Gyrian said:
OP Updated, go get your Week 05 matches.

If you're matched up against one of the 3 retired players, please stand by.
It's not ideal, but we'll work out a decision rule for these going forward.
Good to know. I'd like to fight, but I'll accept a bye too.

Week 05:
PSN: Pool Abel 1vs8

SephirothRK(Viper) vs KobunKun(Chunli)
Viper vs Chunli (2-0)
Viper vs Chunli (2-1) fuuuuuuu
Seph wins

ggs KobunKun :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AkumaHokoru said:
...So poo is quitting and hitsugi is quitting?
I see about 3 matches that did not make it in before the time limit. I said I would be late. I didnt say you could. I will be slightly kind though the 3 reported matches are getting 0.0'ed instead of -1.

That's BS Akuma. 17 minutes late? Ratings still hadn't been taken in consideration by then. I had a very busy week and I finally set a time with Vexco to do it. He did arrive nearly one hour late but we got our matches done, especially when I had to wake up at 5AM. That's plain bullshit. This is not a strict time tournament, especially when at the end you hadn't pooled the points.

Relix said:
That's BS Akuma. 17 minutes late? Ratings still hadn't been taken in consideration by then. I had a very busy week and I finally set a time with Vexco to do it. He did arrive nearly one hour late but we got our matches done, especially when I had to wake up at 5AM. That's plain bullshit. This is not a strict time tournament, especially when at the end you hadn't pooled the points.
The time limit for every week has been stated forever. you have until 12 midnight saturday between that time and the update of the op is scoring i was away from home when midnight hit which i had explained at the start of the week that i would be doing scoring later than usual. this did not however give you the right to post 17 minutes after the deadline. when i posted that they wouldnt count i was already scoring. also... YOU HAVE A WEEK TO PLAY 2 MAYBE 3 MATCHES you getting those matches in is all on you. be happy i didnt give the standard -1

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AkumaHokoru said:
The time limit for every week has been stated forever. you have until 12 midnight saturday between that time and the update of the op is scoring i was away from home when midnight hit which i had explained at the start of the week that i would be doing scoring later than usual. this did not however give you the right to post 17 minutes after the deadline. when i posted that they wouldnt count i was already scoring. also... YOU HAVE A WEEK TO PLAY 2 MAYBE 3 MATCHES you getting those matches in is all on you. be happy i didnt give the standard -1
I gave my reasoning in the IRC channel already. This is an online ournamentt not a military drill. Not everyone has the time to do things when needed. Add to that that I was in the room since thursday and that saturday when we scheduled the match for 11 vexco was late. The arbitrary rule is dumb when we actually got the matches done. 17 mins in the grand scheme of things is nothing, especially when the points hadn't been added. It's just senseless, especially an online tournament with people on different sides and vastly different schedules. There should be a bit of wiggle room there.

Of course now... 3 hours late is stupid. But 17 mins isn't that big of a deal.

Axis

to be fair we started playing our games at like 12:03...i had a busy night at work and ran a little late...if you're gonna 0-0 it then just give it to him for being there...shit happens sometimes, it's whatever

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What about changing the start and end dates every week? Give people the entire weekend and make the deadline Monday at 12am.

You have. A WEEK. TO PLAY...3 MATCHES. I mean come the fuck on now. sunday is the start of the week because monday people are working. if anything if your opponent was late for a scheduled match then thats on him not you but its still on you to report such a thing. the deadline was saturday at midnight for the last month. with announcements and matchups coming sunday morning (which they still did) im adding results to matches all week. if there is a problem tell me before the deadline not after. i cant break the deadline for one or two cases what about the other people who missed the time?

Axis

AkumaHokoru said:
You have. A WEEK. TO PLAY...3 MATCHES. I mean come the fuck on now. sunday is the start of the week because monday people are working. if anything if your opponent was late for a scheduled match then thats on him not you but its still on you to report such a thing. the deadline was saturday at midnight for the last month. with announcements and matchups coming sunday morning (which they still did) im adding results to matches all week. if there is a problem tell me before the deadline not after. i cant break the deadline for one or two cases what about the other people who missed the time?

i feel what you're saying...but sometimes shit happens...i had an incredibly busy week at work and played when i could, as i said, don't fault relix for my being late...instead of 0-0'ng it, just give him the points...i think you do a hell of a job organizing this every week but lighten up, man...it's not like we were 2 days late...it was less than 10 minutes all things considered

saqs wants me to jump...dont jump dont jump...fuck fireball beat summon...fuck it i cant block that JUMP -soul throw- GODDAMNIT -lol-

Saqs 2-1 2-1 over AkumaHokoru

Axis

dragonballjoseph said:
I think we all learned something from all this. Vex is doomed to always get blow up. :(

obviously, shouldn't have listened to yall who said it'd count :p

damn, i just realized my wins didn't count :-( doh! That sux, because I was ready and waiting all week cept Sat. The curse of maining Guy continues

Gyrian

Alright everyone; I've always maintained that your feedback is welcome, and our format flexible.
If enough people come in favor of shifting the Ranbat week to have it end on Sunday, we'll make it work.

Do keep in mind some of the reasoning behind the way it is now, though.

By ending on Saturday, you have in effect two weekends to get your fight in.
Yes, arranging a fight by Sunday night isn't a lot of notice for your new match-ups, but there is an assumption that enough players will be online during this time to make a few of them wrap-up immediately. I've had this happen to me already; announcing the new match-ups and getting my fight in only a couple of hours later.

It allows enough time to get the rankings updated promptly.
It may not seem like it, but it is quite a job to get all of this organized and finished over Sunday morning. I've spent a good amount of those mornings checking and double checking everything to ensure we kick off the new week properly.
If we end the week on Sundays @ Midnight, my first chance to update the rankings will be Monday night. We essentially lose a day there.

In light of the discussion above about scores not counting past the deadline:
I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: KEEP US POSTED IN THIS THREAD.
You post here, I get a record of it. It's what I review carefully before releasing the updated rankings. If your opponent is non responsive, then say it here.
It's all it takes to avoid the -1 of complete inaction. If you opponent forfeits, post so.

It's human nature that we will use every last second to get in on time, regardless of much time we're given. The problem with making exceptions there is that the deadline becomes meaningless. Coming here for a minute and making a short status update is fairly small in the commitment scale, and helps avoid these ambiguities.

Our very first Ranbat weekend was a near disaster because of little things like these piling up. You don't want to be unfair, spoil the fun, but then the match-ups are made. You don't know who's read them, who's played them. Hell, I know some of you still remember the confusion.

TL;DR: There's ample time to make your status known here, which ensures that you receive the points appropriate to your situation.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In a change of pace from two weeks delinquency, I got in my match early!

Game 1: Hitokage (Chun-Li) 2-0 Sea Manky (Zangief)
Game 2: Hitokage (Chun-Li) 2-0 Sea Manky (Zangief)

Gyrian said:

i thought I did enough to inform what was going on with my opponent, who was non responsive the whole week...until the last day of the deadline, which I have posted ahead of time was a bad day for me (i also PMed Akuma about it too). I've been sitting and waiting all week to respond to my xbox friend request and message

T_T

Gyrian

BotoxAgent said:
i thought I did enough to inform what was going on with my opponent, who was non responsive the whole week...until the last day of the deadline, which I have posted ahead of time was a bad day for me (i also PMed Akuma about it too). I've been sitting and waiting all week to respond to my xbox friend request and message

T_T

You did do enough.
Your opponent didn't forfeit, for better or worse, so you both received 0 points.

He came here and also made a reasonable effort to try to have the fight. I know that it sucks, with you having made yourself available longer, but there has to be an agreement between the two of you for the forfeit. Alternatively, a forfeit also happens when you make every attempt, yet your opponent is never heard from.

Yours decided he's still try to have the fight, even if it risked it not getting done at all.

Lyte Edge

AkumaHotaru and Gyrian, I feel what you are saying, and yes, it's just a couple of matches over a week. This hasn't really been any kind of problem for me personally, but sometimes people just don't have time for video games during the week.

How about just extending the deadline, then? Instead of Sunday, 12am EST, give people a couple more hours. End it at 4am or something. Then again, there's always going to be procrastinating regardless of when the deadline is.

Gyrian said:
You did do enough.
Your opponent didn't forfeit, for better or worse, so you both received 0 points.

He came here and also made a reasonable effort to try to have the fight. I know that it sucks, with you having made yourself available longer, but there has to be an agreement between the two of you for the forfeit. Alternatively, a forfeit also happens when you make every attempt, yet your opponent is never heard from.

Yours decided he's still try to have the fight, even if it risked it not getting done at all.

ok, thanks! good to know.

I'll also assume it's part of the curse of using Guy :lol

Gyrian

Lyte Edge said:
How about just extending the deadline, then? Instead of Sunday, 12am EST, give people a couple more hours. End it at 4am or something. Then again, there's always going to be procrastinating regardless of when the deadline is.

I'm open to that idea.

All the same, Human Nature.
If we do this, I really don't want to see posts coming in 5 minutes past 4 (or worse, after I've posted the new week, which still happens every week).

PhatSaqs

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
saqs wants me to jump...dont jump dont jump...fuck fireball beat summon...fuck it i cant block that JUMP -soul throw- GODDAMNIT -lol-

Saqs 2-1 2-1 over AkumaHokoru
lol. GGs Akuma.

gutabo

Dang, me and axelhortsemchi can't connect to get our fight going... can anyone please host our fight and invite both of us? thanks in advance!

EDIT: AXIS(VEXCO) YOU ROCK!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

EDIT 2: NOOO SEEMS LIKE I CAN'T GET IN NOW :( Still, axis you rock!!! (cobra kai never dies etc etc)

EDIT 3: Couldn't fight today but axis, you are godlike. Local friends wouldn't help me but you did! Thank you so much, tomorrow we'll play for sure, I gtg now to be with the wife, again YOU ROCK AXIS THANKS YOU MADE ME FEEL WARM AND FUZZY INSIDE WITH YOUR HELP!!! :D

Treb

Pool Blanka

Treb (Ibuki) vs SpiffyG (Rose)
0-2

Treb (Ibuki) vs SpiffyG (Rose)
0-2

Winner: SpiffyG

GGs again, SpiffyG!

Joekage

Teknopathetic said:
PSN Pool Abel: Joekage vs. Teknopathetic

2-0 - Joekage
0-2 - Teknopathetic
0-2 - Teknopathetic

Was a slugfest, GG.

Got put on blast, even got p'd on in the second match :(

GG's bro. :)

XBL Pool Balrog

KillaBMike (Cammy) vs RawkusX (Cammy)

Set 1: 2-0 KillaBMike
Set 2: 2-1 KillaBMike

GG's Rawkus, mirrors are always crazy. Last round was tense especially :lol

jdub03

axis aka vexco

let me know what days between now and saturday are good for you. Tomorrow I won't be home until after 10pm est. Friday after 8pm i can play. Saturday let me know, I don't have much going on.

Morris

Disco Devil
Pool Abel

Floydnova [#4] vs Sollune [#5]

Floyd (Dudley) 2 - 1 Soll (Cammy)
Floyd (Dudley) 1 - 2 Soll (Cammy)

I was this close to losing on the 2nd round of match 3, I went for the chip and it worked :lol

Next round I was all like, RTSD son!

GGs man.

Solune

Morro! said:
Pool Abel

Floydnova [#4] vs Sollune [#5]

Floyd (Dudley) 1 - 2 Soll (Cammy)

I was this close to losing on the 2nd round of match 3, I went for the chip and it worked :lol

Next round I was all like, RTSD son!

GGs man.

GGs man i fucked up in the game, that's what it is. That dudley still godlike blockin for a good 10 secs or something.

Lyte Edge

Still have not heard from Spirit Of Jazz here and on XBL. It's been three days...where you at man?

jlai

jlai (rose) 2- 1 DBJoseph (m. bison)
jlai (rose) 0 - 2 DBJoseph (m. bison)
jlai (rose) 1 - 2 DBJoseph (m. bison)

Bison's U2 mixup can go kill itself right about now

Top Bottom