• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Axis

jdub03 said:
Hey vexco im going to try and get on before 12 to get our matches in. If i can't get on or you are unable to you can take the points. Been a little busy this whole week. I saw you on yesterday but I was watching a documentary for one of my classes.

So If me and vexco can't get our matches in give the 2 points to him.

i'm on dude so hopefully you'll make it :) always a good match

BiggNife

Takerz accepted my friend request but he hasn't responded to my message yet so we'll see what happens

Since I didn't try to do this earlier I'm okay taking the penalty if necessary

Axis

gg jdub

Vexco(chun) vs Jdub(Ibuki)

2-0 vexco

2-1 vexco

sorry for the hassle there...it's been doing that randomly today bleh

TS|DBJoseph (Lord Bison) vs Satyamdas (Dat Sim) 0-2
TS|DBJoseph (Lord Bison) vs Satyamdas (Dat Sim) 2-0
TS|DBJoseph (Lord Bison) vs Satyamdas (Dat Sim) 2-1

5 minutes till deadline, no way time to get matches in even if we started rght now.

Gundamyoukai hasn't show up online and never contacted me to see if there were a specific time to meet.

gutabo

Sorry for the delay, I forfeit, this time it was my fault, I just got home and couldn't make it earlier. So plz give the points to Saqs.

jdub03

Axis said:
gg jdub

Vexco(chun) vs Jdub(Ibuki)

2-0 vexco

2-1 vexco

sorry for the hassle there...it's been doing that randomly today bleh

indeed Good matches as always. You always grab the upper hand after the first round.

kiryogi

Banned
Well I forfeit my match. Due to time differences and availability. Well also at first I tried Pming him and didn't get anything. Didn't figure out he was banned until half way in. Tried to arrange things and they all fell thru. Sorry for this week.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I should just withdraw. I don't even like SSFIV right now.

Kiryogi, I'm at work now BTW (I work mid shift), so impossible.

Gyrian

OP Updated! We're in our final 2 weeks now.
Sad to see many dropping in the last stretch, but at least they've taken the time to communicate this.

Maybe we should run 3 pools per network next time?

The next time I do this There will only be 2 pools per side.

Please note. Kobun fixed his ps3. whoever has him as an opponent will still have to play their match.

Ploid 3.0

Oh crap, I should have posted here that Kobunkun got his ps3 fixed. Gyrian knew about it, think he went for this quick fix to try to stay in the ranbat. Or is he out because he did the quick fix? Gyrian said it won't last long.

Gyrian

I misunderstood. Fixing this right away, please hold a moment.
The effect is fairly great, since Kobun then lands in pool Sagat.

I beat Seph's Viper twice, it's the truth......but not before losing 10 in a row(2 of which being ranbat matches) :(

So anyways

SephRK(C. Viper) vs Rice Eater(Ryu)

2-1 SephRK

2-0 SephRK

Total: 2-0 SephRK

Seph and I have a terrible connection, it bounces around 1 to 2 bars. But the man can still do all the sick combos online while I'm just pressing buttons in desperation and dropping combos like crazy. I think twice during the ranbat matches I dropped a hit confirm into SRK and at 50% damage for it. Seph is on point, I think I'll stick with dropped tatsu combos next time we play. At least it doesn't give Seph a whole day to figure out what he wants to do.

Ploid 3.0

Didn't see, I just went to the first post to see the new matchups to give kobunkun the jpg like every sunday. Nice, he's still in.

Edit: Holy crap, if my match is the same I have to play Sea_Manky for a 3rd time this ranbat. He probably pick hakan this time.

Ploid 3.0

OMG man, I did it again Gyrian, the Ranbat angels have a special place for me. I can't believe this.

PSN second pool:
Ploid (DJ) vs Kobunkun (chun)

Fight 1: Ploid 2, Kobunkun 1
Fight 2: Ploid 2, Kobunkun 1

I cheezed that chun out. Going to upload this haha.

SabotCarnival.gif

Ploid 3.0

I'm 5 wins 1 loss in this so far. EraldoCoil hates Ranbat angels. Ripped off their wings and beat me over the head with them. Also during my Kobunkun fight I couldn't figure out why my short jump/kicks wasn't working. It's because I was trying to do them like rufus (doh). Probably cost me fight 2 round 1.

Ploid 3.0 said:
OMG man, I did it again Gyrian, the Ranbat angels have a special place for me. I can't believe this.

PSN second pool:

SabotCarnival.gif
I had that deejay -lol-

Ploid 3.0 said:

PSN second pool:

SabotCarnival.gif

Mugen lol, I made some characters for that, some were pretty nice.

Rice-Eater said:
I beat Seph's Viper twice, it's the truth......but not before losing 10 in a row(2 of which being ranbat matches) :(

So anyways

SephRK(C. Viper) vs Rice Eater(Ryu)

2-1 SephRK

2-0 SephRK

Total: 2-0 SephRK

Seph and I have a terrible connection, it bounces around 1 to 2 bars. But the man can still do all the sick combos online while I'm just pressing buttons in desperation and dropping combos like crazy. I think twice during the ranbat matches I dropped a hit confirm into SRK and at 50% damage for it. Seph is on point, I think I'll stick with dropped tatsu combos next time we play. At least it doesn't give Seph a whole day to figure out what he wants to do.

ggs Rice, yeah sucks that those combo were dropped :(

Ploid 3.0

Threi said:
were all those whiffed jumping lks intentional or were you constantly fucking up knee shot? :lol

i want my salty runback vs that laggy-ass guy >=|

I had no idea what the crap was going on with me. Turns out I was doing rufus' quick dive kick command thinking it was DJ's short kick. I forgot dj's is down and not down forward. I was determined to make it happen with down forward.

K444WSR

Hiya gaffers...new to this thread. I'm playing now on endless. Psn: a_korim. Would love to play some of you guys. Feel free to join in if you like.

Ploid 3.0

How good are you? I ask because I'd waste your time if you are SephirothRK good. Want a GAF SSF4 chat link. It's easy to group or find gaf members with it. Invites are sent to the chat members if a endless is going on. Could get a full mail box if you stay in it long though.

EraldoCoil said:
Log/Coil 2 only on Pay-Per-View.....

*commence pre fight hype*

EC... I'll be on past 11pm. If you're on, we can crank out our match right quick. Only other day I'll be on is Thursday. I've got family activities on Friday and Saturday.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. Threi
-----------------------

Match 1: Chun Vs. Dee Jay; 2-0 Lyte

Match 2: Same; 0-2 Threi

Match 3: Rose Vs. Dee Jay; 0-2 Threi

First match I got Threi by playing the run away game and didn't let him get too close in. But then in the second he soundly thrashed me. It was ugly! I made a big mistake going with Rose in match 3 after that! OUCH. :lol

Threi

notag
gg lyte edge. if you had continued to play defensive you definitely would have won. There's a bit of a curse on me right now with players who are defensive :lol

User 406

Banned
Rocwell9 (Fei Long) vs Sea_Manky (Zangief)

Set 1: 2-1 Rocwell9
Set 2: 2-1 Rocwell9

Got a bit of lag in the last match, mostly in my favor for a few SPDs, but Rocwell boxed me out nicely. Good games. :)

Morris

Disco Devil
Pool Abel
Floydnova (Dudley) [#4] vs Sollune (Cammy) [#5]
2 - 1 Floyd
2 - 1 Floyd

GGs man, that last round was MAD CLUTCH.

Pool Abel

The_Log_Ride (#3) vs EraldoCoil (#6)

Game 1: 2-1 EraldoCoil

Game 2: 2-1 EraldoCoil

EraldoCoil is the winner...

GGs log, definitely the best and most exciting matches i've played all ranbat were against you.

In game 1 i had to LTSO hard :lol that Timeout win was funny......

EraldoCoil said:
Pool Abel

The_Log_Ride (#3) vs EraldoCoil (#6)

Game 1: 2-1 EraldoCoil

Game 2: 2-1 EraldoCoil

EraldoCoil is the winner...

GGs log, definitely the best and most exciting matches i've played all ranbat were against you.

In game 1 i had to LTSO hard :lol that Timeout win was funny......

Yeah ggs. As a 'Sim player, I'm used to timouts :lol I had an opportunity towards the end of rd2, but let the bnb into super slip through my hands :( Twas fun though.

Looking forward to the inevitable rubber match

Top Bottom