• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

PSN Ranbats - Pool Zangief

SephirothRK(Viper) vs Rice_Eater483(Ryu)
2-1 Seph wins
SephirothRK(Viper) vs Ploid(Rufus)
2-0 Seph wins
SephirothRK(Viper) vs hkshino(Chunli)
2-0 Seph wins
SephirothRK(Viper) vs Cydonian(Makoto)
2-1 Seph wins
SephirothRK(Viper) vs MoodyShuffle(Bison)
0-2 Moody wins
SephirothRK(Viper) vs Edgeeward34(Cammy)
2-0 Seph wins

Still need to play TostitoSalsa.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Pool Blanka:

I'm new to the group, so I need to play yall. I should be online pretty much all day during the day on Friday. PM me on GAF or add me to PSN and I'll try to hook up with you guys if I see you online.

I'measywinssodon'tbescared

hitsugi

Pool Abel:

I'm finally done! played a lot of people today. GGs to everyone :D now I see what I'm missing at those PSN late nights

Results -

MashingKeys (Guy) vs Eraldo Coil (Balrog)

MashingKeys 2-0

MashingKeys (Guy) vs Sollune (Cammy)

Sollune 2-1 (or was it 2-0..)

MashingKeys (Akuma) vs Reigun16 (Chun)

MashingKeys 2-0

MashingKeys (Akuma) vs Hikarutimitt (Ibuki)

MashingKeys 2-1

Gyrian

Rice-Eater said:
how do you get a hold of these guys? Are there PSN names the same as there GAF user name?

If you spend a moment in the PSN GAF chat in evening hours, you're likely to bump into several of them as it is.

Not everyone has their PSN name reflecting their GAF name.
I'm trying to compile them all in the OP, FYI.

PSN Ranbats - Blanka Pool

Hatchet Man (Akuma) Vs Treb (Ibuki)
Treb (2-0)

Hatchet Man (Akuma) Vs gundankyoukai
gundankyoukai (2-0)

Hatchet Man (Akuma) Vs Kobunkun (Chun)
Kobunkun (2-0)

Joekage

Sorry to all my PSN pool players, I have my stick but am kinda stuck and not able to return to my apartment so I can't get my games in like I promised yesterday or today. If possible, I will try and contact you all tomorrow when I finally get home and get our matches in as soon as possible. Thanks!

Anyone who is in my pool, if I'm not your friend already on PSN, please send me a friend request and if my list is full, please send me a message and I will add you as soon as I get home. Thanks in advance and look forward to our matches.

PSN: TostitoSalsa

Pool Blanka

Hatchet Man VS gundankyoukai
0 - 2 gundam wins

Kobunkun VS gundankyoukai
1 - 2 gundam wins

Adam Prime VS gundankyoukai
0 - 2 gundam wins

Arstal VS gundankyoukai
0 - 2 Astral wins

Treble VS gundankyoukai
0 -2 gundam wins

Treb

PSN Pool Blanka

Treb (Ibuki) vs Hatchet Man (Akuma)
2-0 Treb wins

Treb (Ibuki) vs Arstal (Juri)
0-2 Arstal wins

Treb (Honda) vs Captmcblack (Guile)
2-1 Treb wins

Treb (Ibuki) vs Kobunkun (Chun Li)
0-2 Kobunbun wins

Treb (Ibuki) vs Gundamyoukai (Makoto)
0-2 Gundamyoukai wins

Gonna keep this here and try to update it whenever I fight more players from my pool.

Treb

captmcblack said:
I'm in Pool Blanka...how do I fight my matches and when?

Sign on now if you can, we got two players (Me and Arstal) from Pool Blanka on right now. Meet in the chatroom. :)

ReiGun

All Done!
Reigun16 (Chun) v Mashingkeys (Akuma) 2-0 Mashingkeys

Reigun16 (Chun) v flyodnova (Dudley) 2-1 ReiGun

Reigun16 (Chun) v Rocwell (Fei) 2-0 Rocwell

Reigun16 (Chun) v Sollune (Cammy) 2-1 ReiGun

Reigun16 (Chun) v hikarutimitt (Ibuki) 2-0 ReiGun

Reigun16 (Chun) v Eraldo_Coil (Boxer) 2-1 Eraldo_Coil

Reigun16 (Chun) v Sea_Manky (Zangief) 2-1 ReiGun

GGs everyone. It was a lot of fun. (Let me know if I messed these up. My memory ain't what it used to be lol)

Gyrian

ReiGun said:
All Done!

200shm0.jpg

ultim8p00

Banned
Pool Dan

D3vinchi(Ken) vs KamikazePIPBoy(Cody)
2-0 - D3vinchi

D3vinchi(Ken) vs Stabicron(Bison)
2-0 - Stabicron

D3vinchi(Ken) vs Jdub030(Ibuki)
2-1 - D3vinchi

jdub03

Pool Dan

Jdub030(Ibuki) vs D3vinchi(Ken)
2-1 - D3vinchi

Jdub030(Ibuki) vs Stabicron(Bison)
2-0 - Stabicron

Jdub030(Ibuki) vs KamikazePIPBoy(Cody)
2-0 - Jdub030

Pool Blanka (from last night):

Treb (Honda) vs captmcblack (Guile)
Treb wins 2-1

Arstal (Rose) vs captmcblack (Blanka)
Arstal wins 2-1

I'll update my post as I fight more matches tonight!

gutabo

I should read more, I thought it was two games... not just one game. My fault anyway.

Still salty as hell, I relaxed too much, waiting for the second game to turn the tables... but the second game never came. GG Stabicron, next time it won't be that easy! Sorry for not answering on XBL, I'd rather write on a keyboard ;)

EDIT: Dang, pressed "chat" instead of "send a message" yet again :(

gutabo said:
I should read more, I thought it was two games... not just one game. My fault anyway.

Still salty as hell, I relaxed too much, waiting for the second game to turn the tables... but the second game never came. GG Stabicron, next time it won't be that easy! Sorry for not answering on XBL, I'd rather write on a keyboard ;)

GGS and no problem, this same issue has been confusing nearly everyone, partly because the rules seems to have been changed everytime we turn around.

gutabo

stabicron7 said:
GGS and no problem, this same issue has been confusing nearly everyone, partly because the rules seems to have been changed everytime we turn around.

Np, anyway I'm STILL salty </3

Sollune: 0-2
Sea Manky: 2-0
floydnova: 0-2
rocwell9: 0-2
Reigun16 0-2
mashingkeys 1-2
eraldo_coil: 0-2

All done. I'm the king of the dust pile!

reporting my last matches

Eraldo coil vs. Sollune

2-0 Sollune

Eraldo Coil vs Hikarutimitt

2-0 Eraldo Coil

thats about it....

i played sollune while i was on the phone :lol always rings at the worst times...

now that seeding is done, time to bring the A game.

eissan

Okay so is it just me or pool (ryu) on xbl the deadest pool ever? I only played 3 of my 7-9 matches cause all the other people in the pool either dont have their GT on here or dont respond to friend requests on live.

gah !!

BiggNife

eissan said:
Okay so is it just me or pool (ryu) on xbl the deadest pool ever? I only played 3 of my 7-9 matches cause all the other people in the pool either dont have their GT on here or dont respond to friend requests on live.

gah !!
I've been in the chat room a few times, but the main problem seems to be a lot of people just never go into the chat (you being one of the exceptions of course). Also I've been really busy lately.

I'd say I'll play you today but I just found out that I won't have access to my xbox from saturday morning to tuesday afternoon so I might just have to drop out entirely :(

-Mikey-

Pool Sagat

Clown-Prince vs Arolisci - Clown-Prince 2-1

Clown-Prince vs Gibration - Gibration 2-0

Clown-Prince vs Kiryogi - Kiryogi 2-1

Clown-Prince vs Gyrian - Clown-Prince 2-0

Clown-Prince vs Jobber4wcw - Clown-Prince 2-1

Clown-Prince vs the_log_ride - the_log_ride 2-0

So overall I'm 3-3. I still have one match to go with Behest but a few nights ago we were having trouble connecting to each other. I'll give it another go tonight and tomorrow.

eissan

BiggNife said:
I've been in the chat room a few times, but the main problem seems to be a lot of people just never go into the chat (you being one of the exceptions of course). Also I've been really busy lately.

I'd say I'll play you today but I just found out that I won't have access to my xbox from saturday morning to tuesday afternoon so I might just have to drop out entirely :(

its cool, at least you came and explain what is going and that's understandable. we need to communicate so this shit doesnt fall apart. I'd be willing to play anytime you are but I think if we dont have the rankings in by tomorrow at 11:59pm we are fucked. :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
eissan said:
its cool, at least you came and explain what is going and that's understandable. we need to communicate so this shit doesnt fall apart. I'd be willing to play anytime you are but I think if we dont have the rankings in by tomorrow at 11:59pm we are fucked. :(

Its seeding week. If he doesnt play he just goes 0 points.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
vs Arolisci - 2-0 Arolisci
vs Gibration - 2-0 Jobber4WCW
vs Kiryogi - 2-0 Jobber4WCW
vs Gyrian - 2-1 Jobber4WCW
vs Clown-Prince - 2-1 Clown-Prince
vs the_log_ride - 2-0 the_log_ride
vs BeHest - 2-1 BeHest

i think played everyone.

Joekage

Sorry guys, no PS3 at the moment plus work coming up isn't going to allow me to get any matches in this weekend. Sorry for the trouble and I know this is seeding week so I guess I'll have to get by with 0 points, and will be sure to participate in the next weeks rankings. Again, sorry for the confusion and lack of communication with you guys, but things are kinda out of my hands right now. Thanks for understanding.

Joekage said:
Sorry guys, no PS3 at the moment plus work coming up isn't going to allow me to get any matches in this weekend.
you had all week. kinda annoyed at you but i understand no playing this weekend.

General population.

DONT SEND FRIEND REQUESTS. if a list is full they wont get sent send a direct message. to the player. (this applies to the xbox side dont know how psn runs)
-----
TICK FUCKING TOCK. 11:59 PM. HARD DEADLINE. I WILL BE ONLINE ALL DAY TOMORROW. 4 WAYS TO CONTACT ME.
AIM (this name no space)
THE RANBATS IRC CHANNEL
PRIVATE MESSAGES HERE
TEAM SPOOKY STREAM
AT MIDNIGHT NO MORE MATCHES WILL COUNT. FROM THAT POINT YOU WILL HAVE EXACTLY 12 HRS 0000-1200 EST TO SEND ME SCORES. ANY SCORES SENT AFTER NOON SUNDAY WILL NOT BE VALID AND YOU WILL BE SEEDED ON WHAT I CAN FIND BEFORE THE DEADLINE. THE RANKING WEEK WILL BEGIN AT EXACTLY 12:01 PM SUNDAY AUGUST 15TH
-----
i mean really though. 1 match = 4:30 + the 50 seconds you have on the char+stage screens+ the 20 seconds in the waiting room (considering it was only 2 people though)

Gyrian

Everyone, please be very aware of Akuma's post above.

PSN PLAYERS, here is where we stand:

Pool Abel: Seeded.
Order: 1. Rocwell (Rocwell9), 2. hitsugi (MashingKeys), 3. Morro! (floydnova), 4. Solune (Sollune), 5. Reigun (ReiGun16), 6. EraldoCoil (Eraldo_Coil), 7. Sea Manky (Sea_Manky), 8. hikarutilmitt (hikarutimitt)

Pool Sagat: 1 match remains
vissione (BeHest) v. -Mikey- (Clown-Prince)

Pool Zangief: 4 matches remain
Rice-Eater (Rice_Eater483) v. Edgeward (Edgeward34), Teknopathetic (MoodyShuffle), Hitokage (hknishino), and ~Devil Trigger~ (Cydonian)

I've zero-ed out Joekage's fights. Shame; but thanks for the heads up over here, Joe.

Pool Blanka: SEVERAL matches remain
Only gundamkyoukai (gundamkyoukai) and Arstal (frogpunch) have progressed the farthest, at 4 out of 7 matches complete.
Everyone else is trailing behind by quite a bit.
SpiffyG (hnrfp), you are the only one to not have completed a single match as I write this.

OP Update
On Sunday, the OP will receive a MASSIVE update with a new format.
It will gather everyone's information and first week Ranbat matches in a much easier to read format.

XBL PLAYERS
I've gathered most of your information, such as Forum Names and Gamertags for the OP.
What hasn't been easy to collect is your main & alt charas. No need to clutter here, you can PM this info over to me.

This can always be added / corrected as we go, but believe me, you will notice it's missing when tomorrow's OP update rolls in.

Note: Please be aware that I will not be in tonight. You can still reach me via PM.

EraldoCoil said:
So since our seeding is done do we play our regular matches today?
seeding is done tonight. you still have to do the rest of your seed matches.
ranking matches will not start until sunday afternoon.

TheCrow

Pool Dan

KamikazePIPBoy(Cody) vs D3rinchi(Ken)
0-2 D3rinchi

KamikazePIPBoy(Cody) vs jdub030(Ibuki)
0-2 jdub030

KamikazePIPBoy(Cody) vs Stabicron(Bison)
0-2 Stabicron

KamikazePIPBoy(Cody) vs Gutabo2(Honda)
0-2 Gutabo2

KamikazePIPBoy(Cody) vs HiResDes(Bison)
2-0 KamikazePIPBoy

jlai

Pool Juri

So far all I have is:

jlai (rose) v eissan (ryu) 1-2
jlai (rose) v cerrius (hakan) 2-0
jlai (rose) v xblackvegetax (balrog) 2-1
jlai (rose) v rawkusx (cammy) 1-2

Still not sure what Biggnife's GT is.

Alright, so what is going on?

I was banned for a month and was unable to view this thread?

How does work?

I've only played 2 people so far and the only way I was only to play them was they sent me a message. :/

Gyrian

black_vegeta said:
Alright, so what is going on?

I was banned for a month and was unable to view this thread?

How does work?

I've only played 2 people so far and the only way I was only to play them was they sent me a message. :/

Please read the OP.

Short version, you have until midnight tonight to fight everyone else that's in your pool;
1 match @ 3 rounds each, and record a result in rounds won.

AS OF THIS POST ALL SEEDING BATTLES ARE OVER. SEND YOUR RESULTS TO ME VIA PM.

Let me repeat this for the future

DO
NOT
RESULTS
UNTIL
YOU
ARE
COMPLETELY
FINISHED
WITH
YOUR
MATCHES.

you dont know how much of a pain it has been clumping your posts together and making sure i havent messed up any scores so far. so far ive been through this thread 3 times.

Any scores not submitted by noon will not be accepted and as an additional penalty. anyone who submits no scores will be demoted to the absolute bottom of the pools.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
AkumaHokoru said:
Any scores not submitted by noon will not be accepted and as an additional penalty. anyone who submits no scores will be demoted to the absolute bottom of the pools.

I must apologize for my ever-lasting confusion in this thread. I didn't get a chance to play today. Does this affect me, or do the couple of matches I played with my pool the week before count towards this?

Also my main is Chun-Li. Alt still up in the air.

Lyte Edge said:
I must apologize for my ever-lasting confusion in this thread. I didn't get a chance to play today. Does this affect me, or do the couple of matches I played with my pool the week before count towards this?

Also my main is Chun-Li. Alt still up in the air.
just give me the scores for the matches you played already AFTER the reboot.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Pool Ryu

* Lost Fragment [Main: Makoto; Alt: TBD] GT: papertiger80
* Saty
* Axis [Main: Chun Li; Alt: Cammy] GT: vexco
* Lyte Edge [Main: TBD; Alt: TBD] GT: lyte edge
* Relix [Main: Chun Li; Alt: E. Honda] GT: Lord Relix
* Threi [Main: Dee Jay; Alt: TBD] GT: threi
* AkumaHokoru [Main: TBD; Alt: TBD] GT: AkumaHokoru
* Takerz

It's time guys. Bwahaha. Get on IRC or send me an invite. The Freelix dynasty shall never fall!

ultim8p00

Banned
Sorry pool Dan. I had to move this weekend and my fucking apartment's internet connection isn't set up yet. I'm taking care of that right now, but I suppose it is too late to get more than 3 matches in.

EDIT: Akuma I was able to get 3 matches in before the deadline. I already posted them in this thread so I am assuming you got them. Do I still need to submit them to you via PM?

I must say. I am extremely dissapoint. XBL pools 1 and 2 will not change due to them being seeded earlier. XBL pools 3 and 4 however are going to be greatly shaken up.

I was going to use other people's results to get the scores for the people who didnt send me any. I have decided against this. Anyone who sent no results is getting a 0.0 so with that being said brackets will be updated soon.

Top Bottom