• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Couple things:

Using Viper as my main and Cammy as my alt for this. Sent Gyrian my info but he hasn't updated it yet.

So if I understand things right, I only fight Takerz this week?

With that. Scoring is complete. the match setup for this week is

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Look at the OP for the current ranking and find your opponents. Good luck everyone.

Best of 3
2 out of 3 rounds
99 seconds

Gyrian

ALRIGHT, RANBAT PLAYERS, WE ARE OFFICIALLY LIVE
Please refer to the OP for updated pools and your Week 01 matchup.

"How do I know who I'm fighting?"
At the beginning of the Ranbat Ranking space in the OP, you will see this week's matchup.
Using that and the pools below, your opponent will be:

matchups.png

Once again, your single Ranbat fight per week is for 3 matches @ 3 rounds each.
Make sure to note the rounds won for each match, this is how your points are earned!.
Remember, if you go 2-0 in matches, you also earn one additional point.

PLEASE START ARRANGING YOUR MATCHES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Gentlemen, Round 1. Put up your dukes.

hitsugi

Sorry if I missed something, but what happened to pool Abel?

also, really nice work Gyrian! everything looks super clean.

Gyrian

hitsugi said:
Sorry if I missed something, but what happened to pool Abel?

also, really nice work Gyrian! everything looks super clean.

Seeding happened, now let's see where we go from here!
Thanks for the compliment, I started with trying to make it easy to follow, and this is where I got to. :]

cHaotix8

Damn, I posted in the original Super thread but it looks like I missed out on this. Best of luck to all the participants.

Rocwell

Dang, nice work on the OP Gyrian. Pretty slick!

A disconnect will be allowed to continue the match at the exact point of the disconnect; i.e. if it was 1 round to 0 rounds you will give back that round then resume the match.
The match must be resumed before the Ranbat week closes, or it becomes treated as a no-show.

I think you should make a note to tell people to try and reproduce the amount of meter they had stored at the beginning of the round before they were disconnected. Say for example if I lost a close round 1 but ended with 2 stocks of meter to my opponent's 0 stocks: when we reconnect to try again my opponent will beat on me to take the round back but he will get way more meter than I so I would be starting round 2 at a disadvantage when I actually would have had an advantage had the disconnect not happened.

Gyrian

Rocwell said:
I think you should make a note to tell people to try and reproduce the amount of meter they had stored at the beginning of the round before they were disconnected. Say for example if I lost a close round 1 but ended with 2 stocks of meter to my opponent's 0 stocks: when we reconnect to try again my opponent will beat on me to take the round back but he will get way more meter than I so I would be starting round 2 at a disadvantage when I actually would have had an advantage had the disconnect not happened.

Thanks, Roc!
A very good point; I've included it in the rules.
Should a disconnect happen, we should ensure that we replicate a condition so crucial.

Earlier today, I had my first Ranbat Week match, against Treble!
It ended at 2-0 sets for me, with one round for Treble in set 1.
Our score is then:

Gyrian: 3 points
Treble: 0.5 points

kiryogi

Banned
the_log_ride said:
So based on seeding results, the pools were shuffled around, right?

Jesus, Pool Abel is gonna be murder :(

It's the pool to watch this season. :D I cannot wait to see what happens in the next few weeks there. On side note, damn shame Joe didn't get in there. But then again he didn't play any matches... That and hes in my pool mean hes gonna climb to the top of it FAST. XD Provided he plays.

Sorry for not completing my matches. I only played 2 of the people in my pool. I'll gladly take whatever place I get instead of being kicked out. It just got a little busy for me over the weekend and I didn't have time to hunt down the remaining players to play.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Sorry peeps I had forgotten all about this :(.

I'll be able to play later tonight if anyones interested if I havent been DQd yet.

Apologies to my pool for being MIA. I have been really busy all week and haven't played Super for a week and a half now. I am probably scrubby as all hell right now with all the rest, and now I am playing gutabo, lol. But that's what I get.

I'll let you know when I am available. Not sure if I can play tonight. I have a bit of catching up to do.

Main: Guy
Alt: Cammy

edit: fuck it, I am maining Guy

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PhatSaqs said:

I'll be able to play later tonight if anyones interested if I havent been DQd yet.

Since I know you are always lost in space you fight Killa Sasa. =P.

kiryogi said:
It's the pool to watch this season. :D
Coming from a guy in the pool with Eva and Saqs, I'd have to disagree.
Help me. :(

PhatSaqs said:

Nah. We didn't have to do anything last week because we were seeded the week before.

To people just coming back to the thread. check the pools on the first post if you arent in one you have infact been replaced. if you were here after the reboot but didnt play/report any seeding matches check the pools as you have likely dropped to a lower pool.

PhatSaqs said:

Sent you a PM Saqs. If you're on later tonight (like 11:30 EST - I work tonight :| ), I can play ya.

gutabo

Sorry I couldn't play my games, I had a huge family issue and couldn't play most of the time specially on the weekend :(

So Botoxagent, when do we play?

kiryogi said:
It's the pool to watch this season. :D I cannot wait to see what happens in the next few weeks there. On side note, damn shame Joe didn't get in there. But then again he didn't play any matches... That and hes in my pool mean hes gonna climb to the top of it FAST. XD Provided he plays.

He's my first matchup. ;_;

gutabo said:
Sorry I couldn't play my games, I had a huge family issue and couldn't play most of the time specially on the weekend :(

So Botoxagent, when do we play?

I'm working late tonight, so I am not sure. Hopefully, tomorrow night or Wed. I'll send you a friend request.

Hopefully I have some time play a few random online games first to work some of the rust out because I haven't played in ages.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Pool Blanka

#1 Kobunkun (Chun Li) vs #8 adam_prime (Sagat)

Game 1: 2-0 Kobunkun
Game 2: 2-0 Kobunkun

... I'm going to win a round against SOMEBODY in this Ranbat, I just know I can do it!!! :D

Pool Balrog

1 Phatsaqs (Rose) vs 8 Killa Sasa (Cammy)

Killa Sasa wins first match 2-1

Phatsaqs wins second match 2-1

Killa Sasa wins third match 2-1

GG's Saqs. That wakeup ultra was most definitely an EX Spike, need to learn how to play with 6 buttons...

And yes, I mashed a dragon against that one Soul Satellite :p

jlai said:
jlai (rose) v KamikazePIPBoy (cody)

Game 1: 2-0 jlai
Game 2: 2-0 jlai

Jlai 3 Points.

Adam Prime said:
Pool Blanka

#1 Kobunkun (Chun Li) vs #8 adam_prime (Sagat)

Game 1: 2-0 Kobunkun
Game 2: 2-0 Kobunkun

KobunKun 3 Points.

Killa Sasa said:
Pool Balrog

1 Phatsaqs (Rose) vs 8 Killa Sasa (Cammy)

Killa Sasa 2-1

Phatsaqs 2-1

Killa Sasa 2-1

Killa 2.5 points
Saqs 2 points

Gyrian

There is nothing formal in the way of prizes for this event;
but to continue the tradition, I would like to give away one of these over each Network. :]

ia8AH.png

Have at thee, Gents.
I will update the OP tonight to reflect the new player details I've received.

Thx, GG's Jazz, too bad I couldn't start making progress against your Abel until well after the two matches. :'( Nonetheless, it was fun, especially the T. Hawk matches :lol

User 406

Banned
Pool Zangief

Ploid vs Sea_Manky

Game 1: Ploid (Dee Jay) vs Sea_Manky (Zangief) - 2-0 Ploid
Game 2: Ploid (Rufus) vs Sea_Manky (Zangief) - 2-0 Sea_Manky
Game 3: Ploid (Dee Jay) vs Sea_Manky (Zangief) - 2-1 Ploid

Set count: 2-1 Ploid

Nice games Ploid, you kept me away nicely on that match point round. :)

Ploid 3.0

Yeah gg, man you got me with some good gief grabs. Ouch. I usually don't throw fireballs, but I really wanted to win. I usually rush forward as if I know how to combo, but after getting knocked around I got scared of your damage.

kiryogi

Banned
I'm oddly fuzzy already. Horrible short term I know so it might be slightly off? I think it was 2-1 altogether for rounds, and 2-0 for matches

Pool Blanka

kiryogi vs Hatchetman

Game 1: kiryogi (Ibuki) vs Hatchetman (Akuma) - 2-1 Hatchetman (Or was it 2-0? Fuzzy!)
Game 2: kiryogi (Ibuki) vs Hatchetman (Akuma) - 2-1 Hatchetman

Set count: 2-0 Hatchetman

Blanka Pool

Match 1
Hatchet Man (Akuma) vs kiryogi (Ibuki)
(2-1) Hatchet Man

Match 2
Hatchet Man (Akuma) vs kiryogi (Ibuki)
(2-1) Hatchet Man

Gyrian

Minor OP update.
I've reflected all the new information that I have received on Gamertags, Mains, and Alts.

Late night GAF has been unusually quiet, for its standard. Hope to see more of you on tonight.
(Except you, gib, you monster)

My fights for this week:

Stabicron (M.Bison) vs BiggNife5 (E.Honda): Win 2-0

Stabicron (M.Bison) vs BiggNife5 (E.Honda): Win 2-0

Top Bottom