• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

DJGeki

Neo Member
Too late to join in this parade? If not:

"DJ Geki" - XBL (note the space in the name)
Character is Akuma. No alt.

Gyrian

DJGeki said:
Too late to join in this parade? If not:

"DJ Geki" - XBL (note the space in the name)
Character is Akuma. No alt.

It's too late to join this iteration, but you're more than welcome when it gets a second go-around.

Tick Tock Tick Tock. its friday. Any matches not reported before saturday 11:59 pm Eastern time will be declared invalid. Only one side needs to report results. (if you wish to dispute the win loss record reported by another player please bring it to my attention immediately)

jdub03

D3vinchi I'm going to be available on Saturday all day, possibly tonight too. It depends if I work until 10pm tonight. Hit me up and let me know when you want to play.

Joekage

What do we do if we can't get in touch with our opponents. I haven't seen him around PSN GAF at all, although I haven't been there during the day since I don't know his schedule. I'll try PM-ing him now hopefully I can get my matches in before the deadline.

Gyrian

If you've waited until Friday afternoon before you began considering that you might want to PM your opponent to arrange your match; well then, you're doing it wrong.

Don't assume they'll just turn up, especially when you don't see them online on your normal active period.

hitsugi's been trying to get a joystick replacement; and i've been having choppy internetz for the past month.

We're gonna try to play it out tonight.

If your opponent does not respond to your requests and you made effort to get your match done
you will get the normal 2 points for winning but not the bonus point for a sweep. your opponent will get no points.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
black_vegeta said:
Pool Dan:
Black_Vegeta (Rawg) vs Cerrius (Ryu)

Game 1: 2-0 black_vegeta
Game 2: 2-0 black_vegeta

huh?

Game 1 was 2-1 black_vegeta

First round I was able to win by time running out :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Relix, I need a time you can play tomorrow. I'll be home tonight after 1am est also if you can hop on then.

Joekage

Gyrian said:
If you've waited until Friday afternoon before you began considering that you might want to PM your opponent to arrange your match; well then, you're doing it wrong.

Don't assume they'll just turn up, especially when you don't see them online on your normal active period.
I understand. I sent a message earlier but from a different Psn name, didn't really think to PM him on GAF until today. Oh well, he hasn't responded to my messages so it's a moot point. Whatever you guys deliver point wise is fine with me, part of the blame is me not trying harder to reach him although I did send a message before today I assure you. Will try harder to get my matches done much earlier so this doesn't happen again.

Cerrius said:
huh?

Game 1 was 2-1 black_vegeta

First round I was able to win by time running out :lol
My bad. I forgot the format.

Yeah, I swore I had you beat by a pixel. I was mad salty after that and went on a rampage.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge said:
Relix, I need a time you can play tomorrow. I'll be home tonight after 1am est also if you can hop on then.

Anytime. Shoot me a PM or XBL inv. 1AM tonight is overkill but I'll see if I can resist until then. =P

AkumaHokoru said:
If your opponent does not respond to your requests and you made effort to get your match done
you will get the normal 2 points for winning but not the bonus point for a sweep. your opponent will get no points.

I just played 1 game against Hitsugi.

Game 1: the_log_ride (Dhalsim) vs. hitsugi (Guy)
- the_log_ride wins 2-0

Game 2: dnp: SEE POST 376

I'm not sure if hitsu knew the format, or just forfeited the 2nd game, but he had to leave before the 2nd game.

'Hope we can finish this set before tomorrow. Sorry, hitsu, that you don't have a stick :\

hitsugi

Until I manage to get my hands on a joystick (or get mine repaired), I'm probably not going to play my matches.

I'd prefer a default loss rather than attempting to play on something I've never used (for fighters) and stressing out; it's just not fun. Even if I were to win, it'd be pointless to me. Sorry guys, hopefully I can get it worked out soon.

the_log_ride said:
I just played 1 game against Hitsugi.

I'm not sure if hitsu knew the format, or just forfeited the 2nd game, but he had to leave before the 2nd game.

'Hope we can finish this set before tomorrow. Sorry, hitsu, that you don't have a stick :

I was actually in such a hurry that I forgot about a second set, but after that first one.. man. There is no point in me playing right now :lol I've been trying to get this taken care of but it's not easy for me to replace this cable D: sorry for bouncing like that!

haha but our games was actually close... :\

Now, a question to akuma/gyrian:

If an opponent willingly forfeits as in this case, does the winner get 2 or 3 points?

hitsu, if you change your mind i'll be on tonight late or tomorrow early afternoon

hitsugi

if you can't default 3 points, I will log on again and finish out our game. I don't want to screw him out of points

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hitokage(hknishino) vs Devil Trigger(Cydonian)

Game 1: Devil(Makoto) 0 - 2 Hito(Chun)
Game 2: Hito(Chun) 2 - 1 Devil(Makoto)

Gyrian

Joekage said:
I understand. I sent a message earlier but from a different Psn name, didn't really think to PM him on GAF until today. Oh well, he hasn't responded to my messages so it's a moot point. Whatever you guys deliver point wise is fine with me, part of the blame is me not trying harder to reach him although I did send a message before today I assure you. Will try harder to get my matches done much earlier so this doesn't happen again.

It goes both ways, it's your opponent's responsibility just as well.

As Akuma mentioned, if the attempts to organize the match / attendance are one sided, the person who put the effort gets to win points by default.

Hopefully, the match will still happen.
There's enough time, and Saturday should be easier on average to enable a free moment for it.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
These are the matches I need BEFORE 11:59 pm Eastern time TONIGHT.

PSN:
pool 1: Log vs mashing (finish your match plz)
pool 2: arstal vs jobber
Pool 3: Rice vs Edgeward
Pool 4: Hikaru vs Joe - Captmcblack vs Spiffy

XBL:
pool 1: Complete
Pool 2: Lost Fragment vs Takerz
Pool 3: Jdub003 vs Ultim8p00
Pool 4: Botox vs Gutabo - Hi-res vs qcf x2 - Timedog vs Procarbine (carbine this is on you as timedog is banned and cannot post)

Good work everyone else on getting shit done :)

gutabo

BotoxAgent said:
Gutabo, where are you? I am available tonight to play.
Botox, I had to finish a project for today, I'm going to sleep and will be online in the afternoon and then at night, lemme know when you'll be up, I'll be back in 7-8 hours(gotta get some sleep!). It would be great if we could play in the afternoon.

gutabo said:
Botox, I had to finish a project for today, I'm going to sleep and will be online in the afternoon and then at night, lemme know when you'll be up, I'll be back in 7-8 hours(gotta get some sleep!). It would be great if we could play in the afternoon.

I'll try to be around this afternoon. It's hard to know on a Sat because I might have some unexpected errands to run. Tonight may be impossible since I am seeing Expendables and Piranha with my friends back to back :)

AkumaHokoru said:
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

PSN:

Alright we finished our match:

Game 1: the_log_ride (Dhalsim) vs. hitsugi (Guy)
- the_log_ride wins 2-0

Game 2: the_log_ride (Dictator) vs. hitsugi (Guy)
- the_log_ride wins 2-1

GGs Hitsu

Joekage said:

I didn't get your PM until last night around 11 or so (work + side job + dinner with the family). I should be available all the way up until midnight CST (and beyond, though that's moot for the purposes of the ranbats). And If I'm not in the gaf ranbats chat on psn then I'm not online to play. I'm ALWAYS in the IRC chat, so that's also a good place to leave a message.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkumaHokoru said:
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

PSN:
pool 2: arstal vs jobber

arstal won: 2-0 2-0

gutabo

BotoxAgent said:
I'll try to be around this afternoon. It's hard to know on a Sat because I might have some unexpected errands to run. Tonight may be impossible since I am seeing Expendables and Piranha with my friends back to back :)
I'm here! Went to bed later than expected :( Dang, I would love to be able to watch 2 movies back to back, don't have the time anymore... Lemme know when you're available, I'll be updating this thread every 5 minutes while doing some work stuff.

EDIT: I'm not on XBL at the moment but if you post here I'll get on XBL, I can't work when I have a console on(even with the tv turned off, I can feel it's on)...

jdub03

Ultim8Poo your going to have to take the points for this one. I wont be back home untill after 12. I Had to leave the house at 4. Havent been back since.

ultim8p00

Banned
jdub03 said:
Ultim8Poo your going to have to take the points for this one. I wont be back home untill after 12. I Had to leave the house at 4. Havent been back since.

Oh I see. Yeah I've been on xbox live for hours. I sent you a ton of messages lol, just ignore them.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
These are the matches I need in 20 fucking minutes.
PSN:

XBL:
Pool 4: Botox vs Gutabo - Timedog vs Procarbine

Joekage

AkumaHokoru said:
These are the matches I need in 20 fucking minutes.
PSN:

XBL:
Pool 4: Botox vs Gutabo - Timedog vs Procarbine

Sorry! Me and Hikaru just got done with our matches!

Set 1 Joekage (Cody) vs hikarutilmitt (Ibuki) 2-0

Set 2 Joekage (Cody) vs hikarutilmitt (Ibuki) 2-0

GGs to Hikaru and thanks for having patience with me. Thanks to Kiryogi for the Ibuki matchup exp lol.

Also are we supposed to save these matches/record them?

There is a 2 layer penalty for not reporting. (considering you have a fucking week to play i'm not open to compromise on this)

You will suffer a -1.0 point penalty
You will get 0.0 for that week. Therefore your overall score WILL suffer for not playing all 8 matches you have scheduled

You have 5 minutes to get a post somewhere. as long as its up before 00:00 my time.

Top Bottom