• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The reason Takerz and I haven't had our match is largely my fault. I didn't message him and ask when he was available, and he didn't either, but I couldn't have scheduled a time anyway where I would've been that sure I would've been available 'cause my schedule has been so fucked up this week. I saw him on Live a few days ago and could've messaged him and did it then, but he was playing Rock Band so I was like "eh I'll see him on again before Saturday, I don't want to bother him if he's playing antoher game atm."

So unless he shows up on Live sometime in the next 10 minutes, take points away from me if anyone. Apologies.

Both of you are suffering the DNP penalty. he never contacted you either. both of you are responsable. had you messaged him at all i might have been lenient.

WEEK 1 IS OVER.

Joekage

AkumaHokoru said:
There is a 2 layer penalty for not reporting. (considering you have a fucking week to play i'm not open to compromise on this)

You will suffer a -1.0 point penalty
You will get 0.0 for that week. Therefore your overall score WILL suffer for not playing all 8 matches you have scheduled

You have 5 minutes to get a post somewhere. as long as its up before 00:00 my time.
Just making sure, is this in general or directed toward someone specific?

Week 2 Rankings XBL

Pool Balrog

1 Satyamdas - Same
2 Threi - Same
3 Stabicron7 - Stabicron
4 jlai - Same
5 qcfx2 - UsVI STAR
6 Eva01 - Same
7 Spirt of Jazz - Same
8 Lyte Edge - Same

Pool Ryu

1 Rawkus - RawkusX
2 black_vegeta - xblackvegetax
3 AZ Greg - Same
4 Killa Sasa - KillaBMike
5 PhatSaqs - Saqs
6 ultim8p00 - D3vinchi
7 dragonballjoseph - DBJoseph
8 sonicspear64 - Same

Pool Juri

1 Relix - Lord Relix
2 eissan - Same
3 Cerrius - Same
4 Axelhortsemchi - Same
5 Axis - vexco
6 AkumaHokoru - same
7 jdub03 - jdub030
8 The Crow - KamikazePIPBoy

Pool Dan

1 BiggNife - Biggnife5
2 HiResDes - Same
3 Procarbine - redS1X
4 Lost Fragment - papertiger80
5 Takerz - STi xTaKeRx
6 BotoxAgent - Jenova777
7 Timedog - TimedogGAF
8 gutabo - Gutabo2

Week 2 Ranking PSN

Pool Abel

1 Arstal - Frogpunch
2 (awaiting registration) - Kobunkun
3 Joekage - TostitoSalsa
4 Hatchet Man - HatchetmanPrime
5 the_log_ride - Same
6 Solune - Sollune
7 Hitokage - hknishino
8 gundamkyoukai - Same

Pool Sagat

1 EraldoCoil - Eraldo_Coil
2 Gyrian - Same
3 SephirothRK - Same
4 Vissione - Behest
5 Rocwell - Rocwell9
6 Ploid 3.0 - Ploid
7 Sea Manky - Sea_Manky
8 gibration - Same

Pool Zangeif

1 Teknopathic - MoodyShuffle
2 Morro! - floydnova
3 kiryori - Same
4 hitsugi - Mashing?Keys
5 ~Devil Trigger~ - Cydonian
6 -Mikey- - Clown-Prince
7 Treble - Treble05
8 Arol - Arolisci

Pool Blanka

1 Reigun - ReiGun16
2 jobber - jobber4wcw
3 Hikarutilmitt - Same
4 Adam Prime - adam_prime
5 Rice-Eater - Rice_Eater483
6 Edgeward - Edgeward34
7 captmcblack - Same
8 SpiffyG - hnrfp

This week is 1v3 2v4 5v7 6v8 GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE...except dbj

WEEK 2 IS ACTIVE GO GO GO

Joekage said:
Sorry! Me and Hikaru just got done with our matches!

Set 1 Joekage (Cody) vs hikarutilmitt (Ibuki) 2-0

Set 2 Joekage (Cody) vs hikarutilmitt (Ibuki) 2-0

GGs to Hikaru and thanks for having patience with me. Thanks to Kiryogi for the Ibuki matchup exp lol.

Also are we supposed to save these matches/record them?

No written rule that you need to save or record. We're a pretty tight knit group here in GAF, so I don't think it's too much to expect everyone to be honest with their match reporting. Winner reports the results, and to the extent the loser has issue with the results, he/she can PM gyrian or Akuma. Hope this helps.

ultim8p00

Banned
Ahh Jesus look at all these people in pool Ryu! Fucking AZ Greg and DBJ. I should just quit now. Scrub flowchart Ken does not even stand a chance.

And I fucking hate Ryu. Fuck him and has goddamn knockdowns and options and..and...fuck him.

jlai

THREI JAY I'M COMING FOR YOU!

Just curious, how did you shift around all the pools? And thanks again for setting this all up!

Why does this have to be the counter-pick Abel tournament :( I knew I should have went with Honda and not Rose as my alt. Also thanks a lot for going through all the effort of organising this Kuma.

Gyrian

OP Updated!
Now reflecting Week 2, your matchups, and scoring so far.

Also worth noting a small addendum to how this is scored:
- Winning 2-0, 2-0 is now worth 4 points instead of 3.
- Making NO attempt to arrange for your match may net you -1 points for the week.

jlai said:
Just curious, how did you shift around all the pools?

In the Ranbat phase, pools are populated based on your total score.

Hmm not to be annoying but I won 2-0, 2-0. Does that not mean I should have 4 points as of this week?

Spirit of Jazz said:
Pool Balrog

#4 Axelhortsemchi (Zangief) vs #5 Spirit of Jazz (Abel)

Game 1: 2-0 Spirit of Jazz
Game 2: 2-0 Spirit of Jazz

GGs Axel.

Gyrian

Spirit of Jazz said:
Hmm not to be annoying but I won 2-0, 2-0. Does that not mean I should have 4 points as of this week?

No, you would be correct.
The 4 point rule was only added last night; we must've made a mistake in re-calculating the points.

Fixed in the OP. Keep in mind that this moves you up one slot, so it's changed who you fight this week.

Please wait. Positions have to be changed. I made 2 typos and they shuffled the rankings abit there are a few other things that need cleaning as well

jdub03

Pool Juri

Week 2

Vexco wins 2 out of 3 matches

Match 1
Jdub030(ibuki) vs Vexco(chun-li)- 2-1 vexco

Match 2
Jdub030(ibuki) vs Vexco(chun-li)- 2-1 Jdub030

Match 3

Jdub030(ibuki) vs Vexco(chun-li)- 2-1 Vexco

Axis

jdub03 said:
Pool Juri

Week 2

Vexco wins 2 out of 3 matches

Match 1
Jdub030(ibuki) vs Vexco(chun-li)- 2-1 vexco

Match 2
Jdub030(ibuki) vs Vexco(chun-li)- 2-1 Jdub030

Match 3

Jdub030(ibuki) vs Vexco(chun-li)- 2-1 Vexco

indeed, gg

Gyrian

SephirothRK said:
It got changed again! I thought my opponent was EC, now it's Gyrian. Sry EC, avoid the latest pm.:lol

Yeah, I'm ecstatic at this trade, haha.
I'll be on tonight as usual, otherwise let me know and we'll set a time. :]

So I just got my reason I can't play Saqs.
Moved into my dorm today, and I apparently can't connect to most of Gaf. :(
So i think I need to drop out.

Edit: Seems to just be threi atm, so we'll see how it goes.

Gyrian

PSN GAF, AS OF THIS POST, PLEASE REVIEW THE OP BEFORE YOU ARRANGE YOUR MATCHES.
I apologize for any confusion, but I had to update the order again, which changes some matchups.

Here's to a smoother future, I know I've learned a lot.

EDIT:

Just had my fight with the_log_ride. My hat is off to his Sim.
I never stood a chance at getting in his face.

Set 01
the_log_ride (DHA) 2-0 Gyrian (MAK)

Set 02
the_log_ride (DHA) 2-0 Gyrian (MAK)

4 points the_log_ride
0 points yours truly.

I tried to have my last week's match with SpiffyG before the deadline; I sent that user PMs and everything, and can forward them to prove it. He hasn't logged in since 8/17, so I don't know what's up there.

Anyway, if I have to eat the lost points, so be it. I'll get this week's match in!

captmcblack said:
I tried to have my last week's match with SpiffyG before the deadline; I sent that user PMs and everything, and can forward them to prove it. He hasn't logged in since 8/17, so I don't know what's up there.

Anyway, if I have to eat the lost points, so be it. I'll get this week's match in!
had you come here sooner and said that I would have been glad to overturn it. you are after the deadline to report for week 1. remember that deadline is a HARD deadline. anything for the week MUST be reported before that saturday at 11:59 NO EXCEPTIONS.

User 406

Banned
Week 2 - Ploid (6) vs Sea_Manky (8)

Match 1:
Ploid (Dee Jay) 2 - Sea_Manky (Zangief) 0
Match 2:
Ploid (Dee Jay) 1 - Sea_Manky (Zangef) 2
Match 3:
Ploid (Dee Jay) 2 - Sea_Manky (Zangief) 1

Set count: Ploid 2, Sea_Manky 1

Once again, a nailbiter down to the match point. You're a lot of fun to play, Ploid. XD

Ploid 3.0

Just played Sea_Mankey again this week, but I think there may be possible confusion. The first (second) post lists 1v8 2v7 etc still, but post 404 says 1v3 2v4 etc up to 5v7 and 6(me) v 8(gibration) was this found to be changed and the op was updated with what's there now?

Edit: Ok ok I see it now. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22945612&postcount=412

Tried to find out how I had to play the same person twice. Thought ranbat was to mix and play each person once.

To Sea: You make me throw fireballs. Feels dirty but I'd have to eat a spd if not. Even if I do you end up melting my hp anyway lol. GG

Gyrian

Ploid 3.0 said:
Just played Sea_Mankey again this week, but I think there may be possible confusion. The first (second) post lists 1v8 2v7 etc still, but post 404 says 1v3 2v4 etc up to 5v7 and 6(me) v 8(gibration) was this found to be changed and the op was updated with what's there now?

Edit: Ok ok I see it now. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22945612&postcount=412

Tried to find out how I had to play the same person twice. Thought ranbat was to mix and play each person once.

You two must be destined to rival battle for eternity.
Finishing such a close match in week 1 kept you together because of the scores, and now you've done it again. It's a complete fluke that the matchup order had you together a second time.

Morris

Disco Devil
Pool Zangief

Gibration vs Floydnova

Match 1:
Gib (Ryu) 2 - 1 (Dudley) Floyd
Match 2:
Gib (Ryu) 1 - 2 (Abel) Floyd
Match 3:

Don't be salty Gib :lol

gibration

Morro! said:
Pool Zangief

Gibration vs Floydnova

Match 1:
Gib (Ryu) 2 - 1 (Dudley) Floyd
Match 2:
Match 3:

Don't be salty Gib :lol
I had a full meter. :(

gutabo

BotoxAgent said:
hey, gutabo, at least accept my friend request. Haven't heard from you.
Hey, I HAVE accepted it, I just haven't turned on my 360 in ages. What about tomorrow or wednesday night?

jlai

POOL BALROG

#5 jlai v #7 eva01

Match 1:
jlai (rose) 2 - 1 eva01 (ken)

Match 2:
jlai (rose) 0 - 2 eva01 (ken)

Match 3:
jlai (rose) 2 - 1 eva01 (ken)

GG's!

gutabo said:
Hey, I HAVE accepted it, I just haven't turned on my 360 in ages. What about tomorrow or wednesday night?

sure, I should be on both those nights. Just look for me.

btw, are you on EST time?

gutabo

BotoxAgent said:
sure, I should be on both those nights. Just look for me.

btw, are you on EST time?
I'm on -5 GMT, *googles time difference* oh yeah, you're ahead of me by an hour. Cya later/tomorrow!

gutabo said:
I'm on -5 GMT, *googles time difference* oh yeah, you're ahead of me by an hour. Cya later/tomorrow!

I'm actually on central time, so I think that makes us the same :)

I just got Fios installed so hopefully that helps with the lag

Threi

notag
so what do you do if you are so far from the opponent that it's literally unplayable?

Canada to UK doesn't really make for good matches :(

*edit*

from what we managed to complete Spirit of Jazz took both games, 2-1 and 2-0. Dunno if that factors into anything or not.

Threi said:
so what do you do if you are so far from the opponent that it's literally unplayable?

Canada to UK doesn't really make for good matches :(

Naively I thought I'd be alright given I've been able to play with others from Canada and the US without any chugging. However given the issues I had with you I'd assume that the same will happen with others in the tournament. I don't want to be getting wins due to massive amounts of lag (even in comparison to normal online lag) so I want to ask if I can drop out of tournament.

I figure that it won't be too huge a deal since only one week's been played and a huge amount of players didn't even do their matches in week one. Thus if somebody eager to join could take my place Threi would still be able to get his match this week.

Gyrian

What if you tried again at another time?
Last week, it was impossible to get SephirothRK and Teknopathetic to even connect to each other for the fight.

Following day, it played out fine.

You can always come to an agreement on what you deem would be fair, even if there's nothing to be done by the end of the week.
Bring it up then to Seph or myself, and we'll work something out.

I don't feel you need to do something as drastic as dropping out because one match didn't play play out too smoothly.
This event is online, and open to GAFers independent of location. It's going to get like this sometimes, just from the nature of it.

Top Bottom