• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 GAF Ranking Battle - Platform Independent

BiggNife

FYI, procarbine's GT is r3dS1X, not redS1X. Just to avoid confusion later on.

BTW carbine, please accept my friend invite when you can, I'd like to get our matches done sooner rather than later

Joekage

Me and frogpunch aka arstal got done with our matches.

The order was.

Set 1 Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose)
2-1

Set 2 Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose)
1-2

Set 3 Joekage (Cody) vs Frogpunch (Rose)
2-0

Joekage Aka Tostitosalsa wins

GG's to Frogpunch, Rose is really scary with how fast her normals come out, was afraid to try counter hit setups because of that haha. Had fun with the matchup though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. QCF x2
------------------------

Match 1: Chun (Lyte) Vs. Cammy (QCF): 1-2, QCF

Match 2: Same: 2-0, Lyte

Match 3: Same: 2-0, Lyte

GGs, QCF! I gotta admit, I was getting a little frustrated waiting to play every day. ^_^; Sorry if I was bothering you sending you a message every time you logged on.

kiryogi

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
i'm the Rodney Dangerfield of this bitch.....i get no respect i tell ya.....no respect....

I miss you guys XD Is latenight still goign on anymore. XD I hop on a bit after work sometimes and all I see is Darko D: Then I go play something else.

Arol

My matchup hasn't responded at all. I have him as a friend in PSN but he hasn't logged in 4 days now.

=\

Arol said:
My matchup hasn't responded at all. I have him as a friend in PSN but he hasn't logged in 4 days now.

=\
keep up the pressure. as long as you made the attempt you'll be rewarded

AkumaHokoru vs The Crow

2-0 AkumaHokoru
2-0 AkumaHokoru

gg crow

Stabicron (M.Bison) vs Satyamdas (Sim) - Lose 2-0

Stabicron (M.Bison) vs Satyamdas (Sim) - Lose 2-1

Satyamdas won both in case ya couldn't tell. Oh well.

Threi

notag
So me and Spirit of Jazz decided that we will accept a DNF due to lag, and will accept 0, 1, or 2 points each, whatever is fair.

eissan

pool juri:

eissan vs axel final set score 2-1

first game eissan 2-0

second game axel 2-1(bah I am salty about that should've gone 2-0 in it :D)

third game 2-0 eissan

GG's very good gief. first in a while which could grab me without having to jump and then do the 360 :D.

eissan said:
pool juri:

eissan vs axel final set score 2-1

first game eissan 2-0

second game axel 2-1(bah I am salty about that should've gone 2-0 in it :D)

third game 2-0 eissan

GG's very good gief. first in a while which could grab me without having to jump and then do the 360 :D.

Thanks, though I'm extremely, extremely salty from our matches. I have a tendency to suddenly lose all my execution and become pretty free whenever I play matches with people I know :lol GG's though, will have to rematch you some time.

kiryogi said:
I miss you guys XD Is latenight still goign on anymore. XD I hop on a bit after work sometimes and all I see is Darko D: Then I go play something else.
Yeah we're still there, but since classes started up again most of us are out of there by like midnight.

I been busy all week, plus I had an ugly ass migrane yesterday so I haven't been able to play lately...

Gyrian

Good progress, everyone.
Still have tonight and tomorrow to wrap the week; a few matches remain.

If you have not done yours yet, do make an honest effort to do so in order to avoid receiving a penalty.

On a different note, it would be interesting to get a few of these fights up on youtube. See what most of us are missing.
I'll look into what we can do for the PSN camp; myself aside, there's at least another person (Vissione) with the capability to record.

XBL is already well served by Threi, at the very least.

kiryogi

Banned
So no surprise.

kiryogi vs Teknopathetic

2-0 Teknopathetic
2-0 Teknopathetic

I'm tellin ya tho. I was teching his throws D:

Damn, Gyrian. Finishing our Ranbat was good and bad. It was nice to get it out of the way so early, and not have to worry about it all week, but now I'm having some withdrawals. Sunday can't come soon enough so that we can get set with WEEK 3!

GAF Ranbats. Srs bizness.

Gyrian

the_log_ride said:
Damn, Gyrian. Finishing our Ranbat was good and bad. It was nice to get it out of the way so early, and not have to worry about it all week, but now I'm having some withdrawals. Sunday can't come soon enough so that we can get set with WEEK 3!

GAF Ranbats. Srs bizness.

In the meantime, we'll have to do another FT10. I want to get in dat Sim's face. :]

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Game 1: Hitokage(Chun-Li) 0-2 SephirothRK(C. Viper)
Game 2: SephirothRK(C. Viper) 2-0 Hitokage(Chun-Li)

Oh well!

Arol

Week #2 Ranbats

Just did my ranbats against Clown Prince, GGs dude.

Arol (Ryu) - Clown Prince (Ryu)
2-0 - Arol

Arol (Ryu) - Clown Prince (Guile)
2-0 - Arol

Treb

I've sent a friend request to Devil Trigger, but I haven't heard back from him yet. Maybe we'll get our match in by tomorrow. =(

Nvm, we just had our match. =)

Gyrian

EraldoCoil said:
LMFAO!!! :lol

You guys are never gonna let me live that down.....lol

the salty rage on that day was over 9000

I find myself saying this, too.
Online, it feels sometimes like teching just doesn't work. ;_;

Treb

Pool Zangief

Treb (Ibuki) vs ~Devil Trigger~ (Makoto)
0-2 ~Devil Trigger~ wins

Treb (Ibuki) vs ~Devil Trigger~ (Makoto)
0-2 ~Devil Trigger~ wins

Winner: ~Devil Trigger~

GGs again, ~Devil Trigger~!

Man this online ranbat is not as easy as it seems. I sent a PM to my opponent but he hasn't responded. I guess I could send a friend invite to but I'm not sure that will change anything. I'll try that though, but if I get no response then I just don't know what to do.

Gyrian

Rice-Eater said:
Man this online ranbat is not as easy as it seems. I sent a PM to my opponent but he hasn't responded. I guess I could send a friend invite to but I'm not sure that will change anything. I'll try that though, but if I get no response then I just don't know what to do.

FYI, ReiGun is online right now, and playing us over PSN.

ReiGun

Rice-Eater said:
Isn't my opponent this week suppose to be Captmcblack? In the week 2 rankings I'm 5 and he's 7 or am I mistaken.
I believe the pools were edited at some point. Right now, I'm 5 and you're 7.

Ready whenever you are.

Gyrian

Rice-Eater said:
Isn't my opponent this week suppose to be Captmcblack? In the week 2 rankings I'm 5 and he's 7 or am I mistaken.

Always check the OP.
We did have some unexpected last minute shuffling, but it was completed still over Sunday before anyone got any fights in.

I tried to call as much attention here to that as I could; fortunately this topic doesn't move too quickly.

I'm hoping hitsugi responds to my PM or shows up on PSN tomorrow night. I'd hate to get points for a default. I don't deserve them.

BiggNife

Procarbine accepted my friend request that I sent him early in the week but he hasnt sent me any messages nor did he respond to the PM I sent him earlier today. He wasn't on Live at all today, according to Xbox.com.

Hopefully I can play him tomorrow, but I dunno.

Game 1: Rice-Eater(Ryu) 0-2 ReiGun(Chun)

Game 2: Rice-Eater(Ryu) 2-0 ReiGun(Chun)

Game 3: Rice-Eater(Ryu) 2-0 ReiGun(Chun)

Final Score:
Rice-Eater 2
ReiGun 1

If there are any mistakes ReiGun then please correct me. I didn't go back to check anything, but I think that's right. Anyways GG Reigun, solid Chun you have.

And thinks for the help guys on clearing up the confusion I had earlier.

Gyrian said:
Always check the OP.
We did have some unexpected last minute shuffling, but it was completed still over Sunday before anyone got any fights in.

I tried to call as much attention here to that as I could; fortunately this topic doesn't move too quickly.

I still can't get in touch with my opponent, SpiffyG. He hasn't been on GAF since 8/17 and I can't get him on PSN either! Spiffy is my opponent since it's 6 v 8 this week, right?

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
you have exactly 9 hrs 58 minutes hrs to finish and post your scores in this thread for this week

I am going to On Blast so its going to take me a little while to get on to do scoring this however does not extend your deadline.

Edgeward

vissione said:
Pool Sagat

BeHest vs Edgeward

Match 1:
BeHest (Cammy) 2 - 0 (Cammy) Edgeward
Match 2:
BeHest (Cammy) 2 - 1 (Cammy) Edgeward

Shoutouts to making the deadline.

Shoutouts to EX cannon strike recovery frames. ;_;

PhatSaqs

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
I won't be around my 360 until about 5:30 EST. So anytime after that is good for me.

And how about we play Puzzle Quest 2 instead of Street Fighter for the rankings. <_<;
lol. Ok ill be on then.

Week 2 Pool Ryu

Killa Sasa (Cammy) vs black_vegeta (Balrog) - 2-0

Killa Sasa (Cammy) vs black_vegeta (Balrog) - 2-1

Killa Sasa wins. GGs Vegeta, you tagged me back in those runbacks haha.

Top Bottom