• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
stabicron7 said:
lol didn't know that but I blame sasa for that, keeping me out of the loop like that :p Though come to think of it sasa and I haven't gone at it in a while.

As for the last bit well yeah I noticed lol. You knew exactly how to frustrate me with AA and anti-crossups.
Yeah, I have Bison's jump arc embeded in my brain, so I know whether I should use cr.fierce or st.fierce. You really have to focus on your ground game when going against a Sakura. The reason I learned her was because back in vanilla, a Sakura player went about 15-0 against me. So I had to learn why she was giving me problems. It also helps avoid getting in mix-ups. Since I've familairized myself with every reset she has (and some most may not know of yet), it's hard for a Sakura to mix me up.

And also some advice against average Sakuras. Bison's j.fierce will beat out her cr. fierce if the spacing is right (well, the same goes for Guile and Balrog). And if you learn this spacing versus Guile, he becomes a piece of cake since flash kick would whiff in this situation. :D

and with my 3rd place finish in the tournament today, i am forever regulated to the list of GAFs B-tier players.......

i just can't ever win the main event.....

i'm the Rani Yahya of PSN....

i'm not worthy.......

:(

Gyrian

Congrats to Seph RK, twice PSN GAF Champion!
Our own personal Daigo, with a huge target on his back, haha. :]

2r6gl0h.jpg

Start marinating your ideas for the next Tourney. In the meantime, we'll be going through some Salty Runbacks.

micrometaru.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it, I'm just realizing how bad ass and amazing Cody is in this game. Who the fuck needs a reversal-win-button? He's got his theme, some ridiculous cross up combos and he got dem chainz!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I for one am happy an Abel player went to the finals :)

Anyone got videos of all the Abel matches?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
floyd knows he only won because i had to drop my high tier futon for a low tier couch.

still, the brothers of moe~ took 2 of the top 4 spots!
oic189.png

and since we both lost to seph and floyd, we both have a goal

Pandaman said:
floyd knows he only won because i had to drop my high tier futon for a low tier couch.

still, the brothers of moe~ took 2 of the top 4 spots!
oic189.png

and since we both lost to seph and floyd, we both have a goal

i sent floyd to losers, and i had that match against seph....i had it!!! but i just got too nervous.....my hands were shaking like a mother fucker.....

i'll never forgive myself for that loss...

Morris

Disco Devil
Right now I feel like when Sagat lost to ryu in SF 1.

ALL THAT SODIUM!

But hey, at least I got my custom saltbel salt :lol

EraldoCoil said:
i sent floyd to losers, and i had that match against seph....i had it!!! but i just got too nervous.....my hands were shaking like a mother fucker.....

Looks like the only answer is seppuku. :(

hitsugi

Will any of the games be uploaded? :D

had I known about the time switch and all I would have tried to join in :( next time!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EraldoCoil said:
i sent floyd to losers, and i had hat match against seph....i had it!!! but i just got too nervous.....my hands were shaking like a mother fucker.....

forgive yourself? what are you, some sort of manime character?

use this loss to tap into the dark side of moe! you are my only moe~ equal, use your skills and become the yandere master!

remember, elfen lied would not have not existed if those kids hadn't killed lucy's dog! tap into your moe and become the moenster!

Morris

Disco Devil
Pandaman said:
remember, elfen lied would not have not existed if those kids hadn't killed lucy's dog! tap into your moe and become the moenster!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

White Saltbel is gonna turn into Dark Abel.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Congrats Seph on winning the mini psn tourney. Pretty sure I've played with you on psn and you destroyed me haha.
Then I finally got a win and you replied " :( "
Was a learning experience.

Edit: Again with the moe talk panda haha.

XenoRaven

It's always amazing playing GAF people and then playing some of my friends in this game. I go from playing people who really practice their characters, learn combos, footsies, matchups, frame data, etc, to people who mash reversals and random Ultra. Yet I still fucking lose. It really frustrates me a lot. It shouldn't, but it does. It blows my mind that I struggle to beat these guys with Chun, but I do random bullshit with Guy and win or at least make the match closer. They're further away than most of the GAF people I play, so maybe the latency has something to do with it. I don't know anymore. I'm just annoyed. One of my friends will probably read this. If so, sorry. But I had to vent a little. I'm tired of learning my character and trying to work on footsies, spacing, defense, and strategy, and just have reversals mashed in my face all day. I'm also annoyed that I have to constantly play against characters that can just throw shit out there that I have to deal with, and I have to go through the trouble of learning what normals beat what, in what position and with what timing. But that's my own decision, so I can't really point the finger at anyone but myself.

Anyway, on the topic, I need to know a few things before I tear all of my hair out and throw my stick through a window. Honda and Balrog anti-airs, and air-to-air for Honda, Rog, and Ryu. Specifically Ryu's stupid ass jumping mp which seems like it's just an unstoppable wall of death. Can I beat any of these characters in the air with anything?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
XenoRaven said:
It's always amazing playing GAF people and then playing some of my friends in this game. I go from playing people who really practice their characters, learn combos, footsies, matchups, frame data, etc, to people who mash reversals and random Ultra. Yet I still fucking lose. It really frustrates me a lot. It shouldn't, but it does. It blows my mind that I struggle to beat these guys with Chun, but I do random bullshit with Guy and win or at least make the match closer. They're further away than most of the GAF people I play, so maybe the latency has something to do with it. I don't know anymore. I'm just annoyed. One of my friends will probably read this. If so, sorry. But I had to vent a little. I'm tired of learning my character and trying to work on footsies, spacing, defense, and strategy, and just have reversals mashed in my face all day. I'm also annoyed that I have to constantly play against characters that can just throw shit out there that I have to deal with, and I have to go through the trouble of learning what normals beat what, in what position and with what timing. But that's my own decision, so I can't really point the finger at anyone but myself.

Anyway, on the topic, I need to know a few things before I tear all of my hair out and throw my stick through a window. Honda and Balrog anti-airs, and air-to-air for Honda, Rog, and Ryu. Specifically Ryu's stupid ass jumping mp which seems like it's just an unstoppable wall of death. Can I beat any of these characters in the air with anything?

The problem is simply- going from playing GAF folks to well, mashers- you gotta adjust your style heavily. You just gotta disrespect the mashers, and turtle and punish. That's why a lot of so-called "pros" (they're not very good really) hate this game. In other games, those guys can just knowledge their way to win without having to think- in SF4 you at least need a pulse to win even if you have more skills.

I generally don't have a long-term problem with these sorts- I may lose match to BS every now and then, but it evens out in the long term. VF has a bit of this also- where an inferior player can luck out a win every now and then if their opponent overrespects them, but never with any consistency.

One general rule I was taught early on: you don't beat low-level tactics with high-level play, but with mid-level play. High-level play requires a mid-level opponent to be effective. Trying to outsmart someone who isn't thinking doesn't work.

It's Chun anti-air vs Honda? df+lk, stand neutral mk, sweep. Honda has a murderous time getting in on Chun

chriskun

XenoRaven said:

I play Honda and I fucking fear Chun Li. I'm pretty sure neutral jump roundhouse beats everything honda has. Also, Chun Li's double punch is a fucking nightmare for him. The only thing honda can do in that match is jump forward and throw out strong punch, Honda really shouldnt even be jumping. You should just be turtling the shit out of Honda, youtube shizza vs Mike Ross if you want to see a proper Honda beat down at the legs of Chun

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
chriskun said:
I play Honda and I fucking fear Chun Li. I'm pretty sure neutral jump roundhouse beats everything honda has. Also, Chun Li's double punch is a fucking nightmare for him. The only thing honda can do in that match is jump forward and throw out strong punch, Honda really shouldnt even be jumping. You should just be turtling the shit out of Honda, youtube shizza vs Mike Ross if you want to see a proper Honda beat down at the legs of Chun

What I want to do Honda vs Chun is bait out a projecctile, or something I can punish, then get in and pretend I'm Zangief. If I get super, I turtle at the range I can super through Chun's fireball if I can.

It is one of the worst matchups in the game, but it is winnable. If you get a knockdown on Chun she has a hard time dealing with that- the problem is getting the knockdown.

Lost Fragment said:
Whoa, I just realized that my comeback in the 2nd round of the 1st game happens exactly when the high point of Guile's theme kicks in. Awesome.
You don't hear it enough Lost Frag but your Viper/Makoto are so damn entertaining to watch

Props man. You totally deserve props.

derFeef

TurtleSnatcher said:
You don't hear it enough Lost Frag but your Viper/Makoto are so damn entertaining to watch

Props man. You totally deserve props.
For real, Makoto looks like a blast to play here. I have not tried much of her, is she something for newlings?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
derFeef said:
For real, Makoto looks like a blast to play here. I have not tried much of her, is she something for newlings?

She's considered the worst char in the game by some, and she's not easy to use, so no.
She is fun to mess around with though.

Try Abel?

derFeef

arstal said:
She's considered the worst char in the game by some, and she's not easy to use, so no.
She is fun to mess around with though.

Try Abel?
I like Sakura, Viper and Chun-Li, they are fun to play (even if I do it wrong). And reading Viper is also "not good" or "hard to master" I have no problem with such things. I do not play much online because my help screams and requests got ignored, so I lose against the AI, makes no difference ;)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
derFeef said:
I like Sakura, Viper and Chun-Li, they are fun to play (even if I do it wrong). And reading Viper is also "not good" or "hard to master" I have no problem with such things. I do not play much online because my help screams and requests got ignored, so I lose against the AI, makes no difference ;)

Well, AI gimping is just reading patterns, it has nothing to do with online or in-person play, and the SF4 AI is dumber then average. Viper's actually quite good, but she is hard which is why you don't see her much (and why I don't believe in making chars unnecessarily hard)

derFeef

arstal said:
Well, AI gimping is just reading patterns, it has nothing to do with online or in-person play, and the SF4 AI is dumber then average. Viper's actually quite good, but she is hard which is why you don't see her much (and why I don't believe in making chars unnecessarily hard)
Heh, I guess the AI reads my pattern better. I need to buckle up and play online but I would prefer to play against people that I can talk to afterwards and learn things.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
derFeef said:
Heh, I guess the AI reads my pattern better. I need to buckle up and play online but I would prefer to play against people that I can talk to afterwards and learn things.

Capcom AI's tend to cheat and read your inputs, or do something based on what button you press. It's why they're horrible for learning how to play.

Best fighting game AIs were VF4 Evo, and 94/95 era SNK games such as Samsho I/II and KOF94/95. VF traditionally had good AI until 5, when it started to act like a Capcom AI.

Yoshichan

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I just got my Daigo vs Alex Valle (EVO 2009) videos deleted on Youtube because of copyright claims by ready for it? READY FOR IT? Level Up, LLC.

What a bunch of douches. Oh noes, we want all the viewers from our stream which was public for everyone to see! Bubu.

Who was in charge of EVO2k5 classic Daigo video? Someone should copyright it and make everyone delete Youtubes 2000 videos of it.

Man, I've heard about Youtube sucking ass before (bending over and taking it asap when someone claims a copyright because they're scared) but to this content? Oh god.

V_Arnold

arstal said:
Viper's actually quite good, but she is hard which is why you don't see her much (and why I don't believe in making chars unnecessarily hard)

Viper is not unnecessarily hard. She is complex. If she would be dumbed down, she would be easier to learn, but will be worse as a character. So I see no reason to complain about it.

SJC is nothing to fear from, as it can be used like breathing after exclusive Viper-trained months/weeks, so is FFF once you practice it enough on a daily basis.

Yoshichan said:

I just got my Daigo vs Alex Valle (EVO 2009) videos deleted on Youtube because of copyright claims by ready for it? READY FOR IT? Level Up, LLC.

What a bunch of douches. Oh noes, we want all the viewers from our stream which was public for everyone to see! Bubu.

Who was in charge of EVO2k5 classic Daigo video? Someone should copyright it and make everyone delete Youtubes 2000 videos of it.

Man, I've heard about Youtube sucking ass before (bending over and taking it asap when someone claims a copyright because they're scared) but to this content? Oh god.
They just automatically remove contested videos from the listing. Dispute it and relax.

Yoshichan

I can't find the function to dispute anything... are we even sure it exists? This is Youtube after all. DSP's had problems with copyright claims before and it took him ages to contact someone so that he could counterclaim... :/

Yoshichan said:

i didn't even know that matched happened. Money match?

CPS2

Yoshichan said:
we want all the viewers from our stream which was public for everyone to see

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. I don't know why you'd even want to upload anything that's already on youtube.

Yoshichan

CPS2 said:
Sounds like a good enough reason to me. I don't know why you'd even want to upload anything that's already on youtube.
Nah, I was the first to upload it. Level Up was waaaaay ahead of anyone.

XenoRaven

chriskun said:
Tried sweep and crouching mp. Maybe this is where the lag comes in and my timing is off. But I ALWAYS get nailed. I'll try standing medium. I always forget I have df lk too, which I planned on trying next time. I know what I'm supposed to do against Honda in pretty much every other aspect. Thanks guys. I really need to work on my AA's. I think that's what I'm going to start focusing on in my next few sessions.

Yoshichan said:

That's a matter of respect though. Like yo we stream stuff and we have a youtube channel. we save everything we stream so we can upload it to our own youtube channel.

its leeching someone else's work you cant get mad at it because it isnt your footage. especially level up who tends to give/sell footage to machenima. they are of course going to go flag other people hosting their shit. Valle himself is the one in charge of levelup so naturally he wants the footage of him playing under that banner.

(No one really hosts our shit but I never liked the whole piggybacking for hits not everyone on youtube has to be a uploader.)

Yoshichan said:
Nah, I was the first to upload it. Level Up was waaaaay ahead of anyone.
Even if you were first there is likely a reason it wasnt uploaded (valle also sells strategy DVDs remember? he likely has that on one of the DVDs which is why it isnt on youtube)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom