• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Finally got around to getting back to the game.

Joseph, your Balrog left me salty, but my Chun has your Bison swimming in sea! Bwahhaa!
(Except at the end of our last match. Fuck me :lol )

Nah, ggs. Sudden annoying lag spikes but what can you do. I got my rust off finally. =P

hitsugi

Spiderjericho said:
Isn't he the same, plus a good number of characters were nerfed a bit? He should be in S or A tier. Surprised more people don't win in tourneys with him.

yeah.. Rog IS good. It seems like all of the Rog army vanished shortly after super came out. either boredom or people found a new character that they felt suited them better. that was basically the case for me and my former mains

Gyrian

198r35.png

s2v3a9.png

Original post explaining the first Mini Tourney.

Mini Tourney Round 2 Opening Post.

2119nw0.png

REMEMBER, AS BEFORE, IF THERE ARE ANY NO-SHOWS, WE WILL RECRUIT REPLACEMENTS ON THE SPOT FROM SSFIV GAF CHAT.

2hwpssw.png

Here's a look at our 2nd place prize for tonight. It will be customized to the recipient, and the only one like it. :]

351vg9w.jpg

See you in 3 hours, Gentlemen!

Nose Master

Been playing randoms in ranked lately for C to Shining C, and my PP is still going up :lol. Got Akuma last night, and kept failing at his ultra (I always hit lk before back). Flailing at it for 2 matches when I have the life lead, and I finally did it after like 15 tries and it connects :lol Mindgames, man.

Gyrian

EraldoCoil said:
Can we make call time at 4:45??

that we we can get started exactly at 5....

Judging from how the last one went, we won't start on time regardless.
It just comes with getting online and ready 8 or 16 households at the same time.

micrometaru.gif

Gyrian said:
Judging from how the last one went, we won't start on time regardless.
It just comes with getting online and ready 8 or 16 households at the same time.

micrometaru.gif

well, i think we should run the 4:45 call time, it gives everyone 15 min. to get online and get ready.....it should be a lot easier this time since there is only 8 people...

last time everyone was on time, with the exception of like 3 people...

Gyrian

EraldoCoil said:
well, i think we should run the 4:45 call time, it gives everyone 15 min. to get online and get ready.....it should be a lot easier this time since there is only 8 people...

last time everyone was on time, with the exception of like 3 people...

The only issue is that we can't assume that all 8 will be here reading this update.
If we set to start at 5 without exception and we're missing one of them, it's going to be really unfair to that person with the change being made some 2 hours before the Tourney start.

Save this one for Tourney Round 3?

micrometaru.gif

AZ Greg

GGs everyone!

Team battle is a nice change of pace from endless and doing GAF vs. randoms was pretty fun. Though it was still fun when it became GAF vs. GAF. :lol

AZ Greg said:
GGs everyone!

Team battle is a nice change of pace from endless and doing GAF vs. randoms was pretty fun. Though it was still fun when it became GAF vs. GAF. :lol
I have a lot of work to do, I hate being the weakest link :-(

qcf x2

Ken Masters said:
why don't more people use Balrog? was he nerfed from vanilla?

He wasn't nerfed, other characters got better and therefore he went from being elite tier with Ryu and Sagat to being good tier with...Ryu and Sagat (and many others).

Popularity largely comes from ease of victory. A lot of the Balrog players switched to Bison (U2) and Guile (anecdotal evidence).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think my first-round win % is like 5%.

DryEyeRelief said:
Do you miss any of your old characters now that your focus has been on Makoto (and Ken)?

I still play Viper quite a bit. Cammy, not so much. But I haven't ever really put in a ton of time with Cammy anyway.

Relix said:
Finally got around to getting back to the game.

Joseph, your Balrog left me salty, but my Chun has your Bison swimming in sea! Bwahhaa!
(Except at the end of our last match. Fuck me :lol )

Nah, ggs. Sudden annoying lag spikes but what can you do. I got my rust off finally. =P
I rep dat Dirty Bull hard.

Gyrian

The PSN Mini-Tourney is postponed to 10pm CST (8pm West Coast, 11pm East Coast)

OPEN ROSTER

Be at the SSFIV GAF chat, first come, first serve.

micrometaru.gif

Rentahamster said:
Wow, did that many people not show up?

we had tons of connection problems....

EDIT: should it really be open Gyri? I believe Panda, Floyd, Seph, Gib, Me, the guy with the sly cooper avatar are all gonna be there......if anything we should have 2 open slots to whomever shows up at that time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Rentahamster said:
Wow, did that many people not show up?
couldnt get everyone in the room and people kept putting off endless in favour of trying different hosts.

50 minutes later[yarly] everyone just got salty/had stuff to do/etc.

Gyrian

EraldoCoil said:
we had tons of connection problems....

EDIT: should it really be open Gyri? I believe Panda, Floyd, Seph, Gib, Me, the guy with the sly cooper avatar are all gonna be there......if anything we should have 2 open slots to whomever shows up at that time.

Everyone who was a lock when we backed out is still in if they return.

micrometaru.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Noooooooooo spoilersssss!! T-T (I'm gonna watch the rebroadcast)

Nah, I'm just exaggerating my (profound) sadness ;)

lol @ posting in wrong thread.

EraldoCoil said:
FUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK YEAH!!!

MOTHER FUCKING GOMI BABY!!!

BACK TO FORM!!!!!!

edit: wrong thread!!!

MY BAD!!!!!

:lol

Saw it, too. Good sh1t, Gomi.

Damn. If I knew the tourney'd be pushed back til 8pst, I could've made it -_-

Gyrian

the_log_ride said:
Damn. If I knew the tourney'd be pushed back til 8pst, I could've made it -_-

None of us saw it coming. Last time, everything played out much smoother, with double the player count. It boggles the mind.
Trying to get everyone together at a set time adds another layer of difficulty in running the Tourney. The upshot though, we do start and finish in one sitting.

micrometaru.gif

imtehman

Banned
man, i got Starcraft 2 but everytime i have time to play video games i always hop on Street Fighter.

Street Fighter has ruined gaming for me =(

eissan

imtehman said:
man, i got Starcraft 2 but everytime i have time to play video games i always hop on Street Fighter.

Street Fighter has ruined gaming for me =(

hahahahahaha I know exactly what you mean! I could only muster enough time to finish single player, MP just doesnt cut it compared to ssf4 :D

Well good matches to those in that endless room with me earlier *yes I forgot the names already, my memory is special just gonna put it that way*. Also good games to DBJ and I think Greg last night I believe it was.

AZ Greg said:
GGs everyone!

Oh, and Sim > DBJ ;)

Also, that 5000pp/15000bp Bison player was garbage.
Bah. I blame the lag for making me drop my MOE~ combos when you were in the corner. >_>

And mashdatDP is actually an amazing Bipson (he's my mirror training buddy), but you just have to keep in mind that you are some sort of robot.
Now his Chun is garbage, but that's because he's in the works with her.

And holy crap. I just started messing around in training mode, and just came up with a new, godlike reset with Sakura. =O

Threi

notag
I'm surprised the steam held up so well, I expected it to crap out after like 5 viewers :lol

God's Beard said:
I have a lot of work to do, I hate being the weakest link :-(
err LagJay?

dragonballjoseph said:
Bah. I blame the lag for making me drop my MOE~ combos when you were in the corner. >_>

And mashdatDP is actually an amazing Bipson (he's my mirror training buddy), but you just have to keep in mind that you are some sort of robot.

And holy crap. I just started messing around in training mode, and just came up with a new, godlike reset with Sakura. =O

Gotta say its rare to find a decent Sakura. You really threw me for a loop but I will adjust sooner or later, then your soul is mine :p

Well especially now that I am at my own house again on a less laggy lcd anyways lol, I almost never miss the bnb with Bison but I was missing it repeatedly that night. Oh well I failed to adjust correctly.

AZ Greg said:
GGs everyone!

Oh, and Sim > DBJ ;)

Also, that 5000pp/15000bp Bison player was garbage.

Player skill = PP/1000 x PP/main character BP rounded up to nearest 1.

That Bison Is a level 2, AZ Greg is level 3(~3000/3000), I'm level 1(~1000/1000) :-(

OOOH OOH, can we use this system to calculate the NeoGAF Dan rankings?

God's Beard - Dudley 1st Dan

:D

If your score is Sub 1, you get kyu rankings.

• 0 = 10th Kyu
  • 0.1 = 9th Kyu
  • 0.2 = 8th Kyu
  • 0.3 = 7th Kyu
  • 0.4 = 6th Kyu
  • 0.5 = 5th Kyu
  • 0.6 = 4th Kyu
  • 0.7 = 3rd Kyu
  • 0.8 = 2nd Kyu
  • 0.9 = 1st Kyu
  • 1 = 1st Dan
  • 2 = 2nd Dan
  • 3 = 3rd Dan
  • 4 = 4th Dan
  • 5 = 5th Dan
  • 6 = 6th Dan
  • 7 = 7th Dan
  • 8 = 8th Dan
  • 9 = 9th Dan
  • 10 = 10th Dan
  • 11+ = Grandmaster

Plus, ranbat points can be used to calculate modifiers, etc!

for instance:

Threi - Lightning Deejay 2nd Dan

AZ Greg

dragonballjoseph said:

I wasn't really referring to his Bison since we only played 1 match, though he did throw out a lot of random ex PCs. I was just a little salty from the Chun matches. Because the lag, every time I went for df.HK -> throw, with the right spacing, he would get a free cr.lk combo. And then the rest of his damage was coming from throws that were obvious but I barely could tech any of em. :(

AZ Greg said:
I wasn't really referring to his Bison since we only played 1 match, though he did throw out a lot of random ex PCs. I was just a little salty from the Chun matches. Because the lag, every time I went for df.HK -> throw, with the right spacing, he would get a free cr.lk combo. And then the rest of his damage was coming from throws that were obvious but I barely could tech any of em. :(
I kind of figured there was some salt. Before he fought you, I was about to tell him to pick Bison on you since you're no joke. But he picked Chun and I was baffled that he beat you. I knew something had to be up.
I throw out a lot of random EX PC. :(

stabicron7 said:
Gotta say its rare to find a decent Sakura. You really threw me for a loop but I will adjust sooner or later, then your soul is mine :p
Decent? You sir, are mistaken. As a matter of fact, Sasa and I fought over which one of us is the best Sakura in the world, and I won. :mad:

And my Sakura specializes in Bison match-up, since I kind of play him on the side.

dragonballjoseph said:
Decent? You sir, are mistaken. As a matter of fact, Sasa and I fought over which one of us is the best Sakura in the world, and I won. :mad:

And my Sakura specializes in Bison match-up, since I kind of play him on the side.

lol didn't know that but I blame sasa for that, keeping me out of the loop like that :p Though come to think of it sasa and I haven't gone at it in a while.

As for the last bit well yeah I noticed lol. You knew exactly how to frustrate me with AA and anti-crossups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom