• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

toypop said:
* sako said in his friends channel that he will consider accepting invites from tourneys outside Japan, if he could work out his schedule.

how about accepting invites from tourneys INSIDE Japan first? :lol

entremet

God's Beard said:
Anyone else cheat on challenge mode?

There's this Sakura trial that gave me some trouble today:

jFP, cLK, cLK xx EX Shouoken

I couldn't do it for the life of me, so I cheated and did this:

jFP, cLK, LP, cLK xx EX Shunpukyaku, EX Shouoken :lol
If it's in the game, it's not cheating ;)

B1gg_Randall said:
Any streams going??? I cant find one..
Check the front page of shoryuken.com

Kimosabae

Banned
I can't believe people still bitch about Shotos.

Cammy's an extremely simple character, IMO. Probably the simplest of the characters currently considered good. Her links aren't nearly as difficult as some make them out to be ( at least for me), she only needs like, a handful of combos to succeed and there's not really a lot of ways to vary her offense, despite being one of the few characters that can be somewhat offensive w/o heavy OS abuse.

hitsugi

Kimosabae said:
I can't believe people still bitch about Shotos.

Cammy's an extremely simple character, IMO. Probably the simplest of the characters currently considered good. Her links aren't nearly as difficult as some make them out to be ( at least for me) and there's not really a lot of ways to vary her offense, despite being one of the few characters that can be somewhat offense w/o heavy OS abuse.

people complain about shotos because they run into them more often.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Maybe it's just my brain pattern matching, but in the replay stream from US and Asia, I seem to be noticing more Makoto players representing, and most of the time, winning.

I've saved like three replays this eve from Makotos who all owned pretty good Akumas, Ryus, and Balrogs. I don't just mean scraped by; largely dominated.

Gives me heart since I'm still trying to learn Makoto. While I could agree that she deserves some tweaking yet, and hope she gets it, right now Makoto makes me think of Fuerte in vanilla *if* Fuerte had enjoyed a bigger payoff for the hard work involved to keep him competative.

Even in her "broken" state, Makoto beasts if she does get the advantage and enters mindgame space and does so in a very rewarding way.

entremet

hitsugi said:
Yeah. I don't mind shotos. Free BP. I do love running into good ones, which is rare, from time to time. Those are fun matchups.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
hitsugi said:

That's pretty much the main complaint.

there's also a difference between disliking a char and bitching about a char, but that's too subtle for some people to get in here.

GGs AZ, sorry i had to cut it short. My g/f wanted to use the tv.

and an unrelated rant, Rufus' Ex messiah and Gief's command grabs and ultra represents everything wrong and bad about this game. Why oh why did they make his piledriver so easy to do in this game...they can just churn and churn until i fuck up or finish my block string. Pure bullshit. I hate matches when it practically becomes Super 50/50 Fighter 4. Mashing reversals is a bit too rewarding in this game.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
BotoxAgent said:

and an unrelated rant, Rufus' Ex messiah and Gief's command grabs and ultra represents everything wrong and bad about this game. Why oh why did they make his piledriver so easy to do in this game...they can just churn and churn until i fuck up or finish my block string. Pure bullshit. I hate matches when it practically becomes Super 50/50 Fighter 4. Mashing reversals is a bit too rewarding in this game.

Just bait the reversals until they respect that you'll bait things out.

Just had a game where a dude was lecturing his friend about his personality and what he didnt like yet the guy was a complete douche. (Yes all over XBL). I felt bad for the guy and told him to shut up and he went off on me.. then asked if I was 'black' ?

What the heck? Who cares if I am or not? My random partner was though and was offended and the whole game lobby turned on him all over XBL Voice chat. It was pretty epic. He then admits under pressure he is racist and says nothing is wrong with that and kicks us all. Then sends us racist messages over XBL.

I didn't feed him or reply.. I just hit the report button so he can enjoy his ban :)

I swear.. some of the biggest idiots in the world play online.

MoxManiac

BotoxAgent said:

I hope you never play ST or alpha or whatever where gief's SPD grabs on the first frame, unlike 4 where it doesn't grab until the 2nd.

GGs to Rocwell,Floyd and the rest of the PSN late night crew...After everyone left Rockwell's Makoto kick my Chun all over the place :lol :lol :lol ...I must learn Makoto:lol :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ryu and Ken will always be the comfort zone characters. We'll see many uses of them in every street fighter game till the end of time. Just get use to it. :D

Missed the Sako match and even when he's not really really at his best, he's beasting. It's a pretty bad matchup for Sim so it could have been worse than the final tally showed. You have to give it to Mochi for having a bad ass Sim. Quite possibly the best in the world.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
B1gg_Randall said:
GGs to Rocwell,Floyd and the rest of the PSN late night crew...After everyone left Rockwell's Makoto kick my Chun all over the place :lol :lol :lol ...I must learn Makoto:lol :lol
Hey, just so you know...

You CAN jump or backdash out of a command throw. :lol

:lol

Hitokage said:
Hey, just so you know...

You CAN jump or backdash out of a command throw. :lol

:lol
Wait so that was your T. Hawk?!? Then the hell with him j/k lol..throwing me around like that..:lol :lol I want Revenge .....:lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
Just had a game where a dude was lecturing his friend about his personality and what he didnt like yet the guy was a complete douche. (Yes all over XBL). I felt bad for the guy and told him to shut up and he went off on me.. then asked if I was 'black' ?

What the heck? Who cares if I am or not? My random partner was though and was offended and the whole game lobby turned on him all over XBL Voice chat. It was pretty epic. He then admits under pressure he is racist and says nothing is wrong with that and kicks us all. Then sends us racist messages over XBL.

I didn't feed him or reply.. I just hit the report button so he can enjoy his ban :)

I swear.. some of the biggest idiots in the world play online.

:lol :lol WTF.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Ryu and Ken will always be the comfort zone characters. We'll see many uses of them in every street fighter game till the end of time. Just get use to it. :D

pretty much this. I don't mind playing shotos that know what they're doing, but I've been running into really strange ones on PSN. Run away Ryu? I can sort of understand Akuma but when I go up against a Ryu that does nothing but neutral / back jumps and random hurricane kicks...... I think it's a blow to the whole SF community

hitsugi said:
pretty much this. I don't mind playing shotos that know what they're doing, but I've been running into really strange ones on PSN. Run away Ryu? I can sort of understand Akuma but when I go up against a Ryu that does nothing but neutral / back jumps and random hurricane kicks...... I think it's a blow to the whole SF community

buildin meter son

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:

I understand. I've been playing against many of those types since vanilla. Thing is, since that's all they do, rush them down hard and never let up. Most of the time they do not know how to deal with it. Hence, spamming crossup throws works wonders. It's like the comments having been said already, you have to deal with several types of players online. The fun is wondering who you'll run into next.

Anyway, scrub tourney are almost ready to begin. I'll let them decide when they want to play with each other.

dbqjd4.jpg

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
buildin meter son

..when I say random hurricane kicks, I mean every now and then after landing from a neutral / back jump, he'll HK hurricane kick across the screen.....

i don't understand why people that really like the game won't put in the time to learn. perhaps because their current "strategies" are enough to get some wins online?

Myomoto said:
Ryu's metergain on air tatsu is pretty horrible. Seems like a very bad strategy.

Tell that to Chris Hu.

hitsugi said:
..when I say random hurricane kicks, I mean every now and then after landing from a neutral / back jump, he'll HK hurricane kick across the screen.....
Oh, well in that case...

oh wow.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pretty much. They don't really follow the FGC, post in or look at threads such as this, care to learn the intricacies, etc. But the majority of them make up sales and online play so more power to them.

hitsugi said:

i don't understand why people that really like the game won't put in the time to learn. perhaps because their current "strategies" are enough to get some wins online?

Some people don't have time to learn.

A lot of people play for fun. This game involves a lot of time investment...especially someone new to the game.

I have a lot of friends who play shotos, because they have fun. But they also play other games...and have tons of responsibilities. So they don't have the time investment.

I don't understand why there is so much hate here.

Maybe I just know a lot of casual players who don't have the time and patience to learn the whole game...and are having fun just playing a fun style.

Shotos are def fun for casual players.

Zapages

Kadey said:
I understand. I've been playing against many of those types since vanilla. Thing is, since that's all they do, rush them down hard and never let up. Most of the time they do not know how to deal with it. Hence, spamming crossup throws works wonders. It's like the comments having been said already, you have to deal with several types of players online. The fun is wondering who you'll run into next.

Anyway, scrub tourney are almost ready to begin. I'll let them decide when they want to play with each other.

dbqjd4.jpg

I guess its too late to join the scrub tournament. :(

hitsugi said:
sort of, but people realized (just like they will with Cammy) that Adon is not that easy to play.. and they'll quit and go back to playing their usual character instead of putting the actual time in to someone new to get results.

I see. Well around here (I mean the French scene), Alioune played extensively both Adon and Cammy (who is his current main IIRC) early in the game, and documented them rather well very early too, yet hardly anyone paid attention at the time, even among players whose execution isn't an issue. People here can get really ridiculous in how they'll just go out of their way and avoid some characters just so they don't get called tier whores or bandwagoners. I'm not even sure the French top 10 includes a Rufus player.

GamerSoul

bigmit3737 said:
Some people don't have time to learn.

A lot of people play for fun. This game involves a lot of time investment...especially someone new to the game.

I have a lot of friends who play shotos, because they have fun. But they also play other games...and have tons of responsibilities. So they don't have the time investment.

I don't understand why there is so much hate here.

Maybe I just know a lot of casual players who don't have the time and patience to learn the whole game...and are having fun just playing a fun style.

Shotos are def fun for casual players.
I got vanilla after last years evo and I got this one after this years'. Lol Street fighter has become my break game, because I can jump in and play anytime with friends or by myself without worrying of saving or a story. I have soul calibur 4 but my buds already know they can't beat me lol sf is the game that evens the playing field for us. I can't say I am doing research on the little things that matter but I really appreciate the top level guys that do because they're the one who made the game entertaining and made me want to try it out for myself.

Nose Master

Boo hoo more. If anything, the influx of shotos online get your practice up to deal with the most common match-up. I rarely have trouble with shotos anymore (on XBL). Hell, you can just mash jab, block, then punish. :lol

Ken Masters said:
why don't more people use Balrog? was he nerfed from vanilla?

Nope....stayed the same....

My guess is because he's a boring character to use compared to the rest of the cast....

I still rep dat rawg till the death though....

*pours a 40 for black vegeta*

Isn't he the same, plus a good number of characters were nerfed a bit? He should be in S or A tier. Surprised more people don't win in tourneys with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom