• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jirotrom said:
just got the game and fei longs level 10 trial is hard as shit to get the last move out... is there some special timing?

EDIT: NM just got it, had to buffer, timing on this game is redonkulous

Yeah, the timing is really bullshit on those. :/ Doesn't help that I can't seem to pull off a charge-4->6quick4quick6quickHOLD charge->rush attack. :(

_dementia said:
For those keeping score of Yoshi's SF adventure, he's thrown away a TE and broke a perfectly good copy of the game. Did I miss anything?

WTF. He could've at least given me the TE so I could suck hard with a $100+ stick. :|

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Rentahamster said:
Whoa whoa, Europe needs to lower the salt intake. It leads to hypertension and heart disease.
real talk. It ain't no startin back once arteries start to squeeze.

Imm0rt4l

Lost Fragment said:
Whether she's low tier or mid tier is debatable (v-ryu, Flash, and myself think she's mid...not that I'm comparing myself to those two), but she's definitely not bottom of the barrel. Her mixup game is too good and she does too much stun/damage off those mixups to be at the bottom of the bottom.

IMHO, her only real big problem at this point is getting in a position to take advantage of those mixups. Every option she has to close space has too much risk associated with it.

Dash in? Pretty easy to throw out random low pokes into an option select to discourage that.

IA tsuguri will tag a lot of those pokes, but if they're just blocking she'll be a bit closer, but at negative frames.

Hayates are pretty safe on block *if* you space them right (which I don't, more often than not), but ex hayate is -4 no matter what you do. Again, though, pokes into option selects tag random hayates.

Another issue to address is her defense. Possibly. But like I've said before, her lack of defensive options never bothered me much, but I've played Viper for a year and her defense is similarly shitty, so maybe I'm just used to it.

But yeah, all that said, I think it's still too soon to make any adjustments. There are things I thought about Makoto a month ago that I was completely wrong about, and I'm sure there are things I think about her now that I'll end up being wrong about next month.

You on some crack :)

This is how I feel about her personally, I think the fact that some top players have given her a spin and that she's done better than a lot of the other characters, definitely better than the new ssf4 characters is testament to her being better than she's given credit for.

Dartastic

I just wish that Makoto had more options when she's being pressured. When you've got someone throwing down block string after block string on you, it's really hard to do anything about it unless you have meter. I also wish that her EX Dash Punch would break focus.

_dementia said:
why is everyone with SRK in their name terrible? :lol

yeah, some of them are douches too

like I was playing two srk guys (i wont call em out) in a lobby and I had a winning streak going and they kicked me out. Worst part is that these two guys were on my friends list too. I thought we were friends! :-(

Brobzoid

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, some of them are douches too

like I was playing two srk guys (i wont call em out) in a lobby and I had a winning streak going and they kicked me out. Worst part is that these two guys were on my friends list too. I thought we were friends! :-(
SRK people be like that. I played one of the more pompous SRK Adon players and he got crazy pissed that my shitty, U1 choosin' Adon beat him three times in a row and sent me a snooty message about "abusing shitty scrub tactics".

Brobzoid

ya, claiming lag abuse seems to be the new hotness. Usually only get it from people playing American flags though. Sticking to northern/central Europe I get nothing but ggs :3

N4Us

Ysiadmihi said:
Any time I beat someone with SRK in their name I immediately get hatemail and excuses. Was the same with vanilla on PC.

Had one SRK guy ragequit on me in HDR and send me mail saying I used turbo.

Another one was on my friendslist for a while but got really salty everytime he lost and called people who chose certain characters scrubs. Last time I played him he invited me to a game, before playing against me he closed the lobby and then kicked me off his friendslist. Whatever.

Most SRK names I've come across are really generous and an overall good experience but the bad apples tend to get really fuckin arrogant.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AZ Greg: Spire to Typhoon is not, in fact, a tick throw. Spire is just as bad as Abel's Wheel Kick when it comes to frame disadvantage, actually. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't catch on, because I'm not sure how else I can overcome that reach advantage. :lol

Good games, and more than a little encouraging.

Finally did FADC into Ultra with Ryu and was able to do that c.lk, c.lp c.hp into hurricane kick combo against non-cpu. :D

Man, anti-airing when crouch blocking is hard. Or when I'm going back.

Gyrian

Dartastic said:
RE: Ranbats, how are we going to join up and do those matches? Just... whenever we get peeps going?

Exactly. Just gather up as you often do anyway, and designate someone to track the stats for those matches.
Post them in the thread, and I'll keep the ranking updated as frequently as I'm able to.
(Should be daily unless I'm out of town, etc).

Ploid 3.0

You da man Gyrian!! Now I'm going to practice, may even force myself to use the arcade stick and not ride the gate (may have been my problem).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alright. Question:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73044 SF4 Controller

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73045 SF4 Stick non TE.

Which is better for the cash in the long-run? I'm sort-of leery about Mad Catz. but for $50, if the stick is trustworthy and good I'm thinking of splurging on it just so I can see if I can adjust to a fight stick.

However, the Pad has been my main thought/thinking-of-buying because a) I wouldn't mind a good 2D/Saturn-style pad and b) It's cheap ($40 compared to $100 for a Stick generally).

So yeah, has anyone in this thread tried both? Are they reliable? Do I have to worry about the parts breaking? Do I have to replace them constantly?

comrade

bigmit3737 said:
Finally did FADC into Ultra with Ryu and was able to do that c.lk, c.lp c.hp into hurricane kick combo against non-cpu. :D

Man, anti-airing when crouch blocking is hard. Or when I'm going back.
Just do a standing roundhouse instead of a shoryu if you're not fast enough.

Dartastic said:
All of a sudden I'm getting creamed by everyone. I've lost 1000 pp. Makoto has gone from 4600 to 4200. WHAt IS HAPPENInG
You're using Makoto is what's happening.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
TheSeks said:
Alright. Question:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73044 SF4 Controller

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73045 SF4 Stick non TE.

Which is better for the cash in the long-run? I'm sort-of leery about Mad Catz. but for $50, if the stick is trustworthy and good I'm thinking of splurging on it just so I can see if I can adjust to a fight stick.

However, the Pad has been my main thought/thinking-of-buying because a) I wouldn't mind a good 2D/Saturn-style pad and b) It's cheap ($40 compared to $100 for a Stick generally).

So yeah, has anyone in this thread tried both? Are they reliable? Do I have to worry about the parts breaking? Do I have to replace them constantly?

Speaking from personal experience, avoid the Fightstick SE unless you plan to mod it.

The buttons started going wonky on me the first day I got it and the stick wouldn't register the up left direction.

If you want a beginner's stick but don't plan to mod I suggest the Hori EX2.

Dartastic

comrade said:
Just do a standing roundhouse instead of a shoryu if you're not fast enough.

You're using Makoto is what's happening.
I've been maining her since the game came out. That's not the problem. :(

dragonballjoseph said:
My connection hit the crapper for about 5 minutes there. It's better now.

it's weird how ur connection goes up and down like that. Anyway GGs. The Moe is strong with you :)

I've lost so many matches with Guy today, but he's so fun to use...so I can't stop.

Dartastic

Holy shit. Makoto can combo jumping fierce into u1? No fucking way. I just pulled that off online. Anyway. Anyone wanna play some games?

Masamuna

Dartastic said:
Holy shit. Makoto can combo jumping fierce into u1? No fucking way. I just pulled that off online. Anyway. Anyone wanna play some games?

A lot of characters get an ultra off of a deep jumping FP/RH.

XenoRaven

Chun can do it into Kikosho off of j HK, j HP, and nj HP. Maybe more. Haven't tested them all. Haven't tested into Hosenka either. I think it's a pretty common thing. Especially for a really deep jump in.

Beaten x2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom