• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
I'm still here, ready, willing....
My hero! <3

:lol What happened in here...
_dementia said:
buy the new blaz just don't rage if you die in 2 combos
You know what, I might as well!
_dementia said:
For those keeping score of Yoshi's SF adventure, he's thrown away a TE and broke a perfectly good copy of the game. Did I miss anything?
That's just a small part of things, I don't want to go into detail!
the_log_ride said:
Wait for the impending stress-induced heart attack.
I'm awaiting it.
Brobzoid said:
yea, yoshi - what did you do with that stick you had? I could buy it off of you if you still have it.
Through it in the garbage can. It's long gone.
AZ Greg said:
:lol Must have been those scrubby turtling Sims.
Actually, it was the worst Ken I've ever met in my entire life and he had around 6000 points. He was using a lag switch without a single doubt and air tatsu was completely safe and he was abusing it. Also, random U2 from full screens hit me (lag switch made me unable to duck).
XenoRaven said:
Yoshi gonna break his keyboard next time he sees this thread.
I'm currently sitting on a keyboard with barely any keys left on it so I don't think I can rage any more on it :lol
Lost Fragment said:
Did he really throw away his TE? I thought he was just joking about that.
It happened :lol ... I'm currently sitting on a V3 stick which is awful and I pretty much spent 200 bucks on finding a good stick in Japan with no luck. Oh well, lesson learned.
Rentahamster said:
Whoa whoa, Europe needs to lower the salt intake. It leads to hypertension and heart disease.
We've got the perfect amount of salt, it's just that some people take in way too much.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:
to arstal, aak, rikichi, etc. had a realllyyy bad day day, we need a runback. was on the phone with verizon for most of it, cpu messed up, have to reformat, lost so many things :(
Windows Home Server. Get it. Love it.

derFeef

schennmu said:
My hate list:

1. Vega
2. El Fuerte
3. Bison
4. Abel
Hey, we agree on one thing at last! I can not stand Vega.

Another newling question since I have not played Super online yet. Is there an option to spectate matches?

Gyrian

Joekage said:
Nope sorry haha . Texas, USA here. We can give it the old college try if you're down.

Also so Is it just me or is XBL not working?

I thought I read somewhere that's where you were.
Small world. If that's DFW, the prospect of that Cody offline is terrifying. :s

GGs last night, everyone!
First it's steamrolling Floyd, then Gib's happy to take over, haha..
PSN GAF got BOXED.

Thanks for that sparring session vs your awesome Rog, Gib. :]

derFeef said:
Hey, we agree on one thing at last! I can not stand Vega.

Another newling question since I have not played Super online yet. Is there an option to spectate matches?

High five :D
Vega seems to be the number one scrub character now. Just throw out random shit and you might end up with a win. El Fuerte is similar but nobody is using him.

Threi

notag
schennmu said:
High five :D
Vega seems to be the number one scrub character now. Just throw out random shit and you might end up with a win. El Fuerte is similar but nobody is using him.
Well to be fair all four of who you listed take some sort of skill to use (probably not bison though people can get wins with him using only lk and hk)

MoxManiac

rocK` said:
well then, would you fancy some fisticuffs?

GT: Keshstud

I'm usually on after 7pm EST

Hey, up for some Rufus mirror sometime? Need more practice with that matchup after playing like two mirrors in the last tournament I participated in. I can add you.

jiggles

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
fear and hate, 2 different things :D

I hate dem flowchart kens, but I am certainly not scared of them

Flowcharters are actually my favourite opponents to come up against because:

a) I play best of 5, so by the 3rd round, they've been spanked comfortably twice, so they realise I'm not fluking it. At this point they're either going to try new tactics (which is funny to watch, and actually pretty fun to play against) or ragequit (also hilarious).
b) It usually means the end of a losing streak. :lol

TimeKillr

Lost Fragment said:
There're pics of everything of her's but that, afaik.

Pretty much. Nobody understands why there's no fukiage frame data (isn't it pretty much the only move in the game that wasn't captured?) so it's a bit strange.

Conspiracy theory says it's because the hitbox is so horrible that even the guy who leaked the video felt bad :)

rocK`

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Hey, up for some Rufus mirror sometime? Need more practice with that matchup after playing like two mirrors in the last tournament I participated in. I can add you.

Of course, go for it.

explodet

267578.jpg

And my quest to achieve C to Shining C has come to an end. It has been done, my last two characters (lol Honda/Vega) bumped me up to about 1850PP which is the highest I've ever been.

Now what to do? I'm terrible at challenges, single player grind just isn't as interesting... thinking of leveling up my Hakan to B (he's already at 4800) but I'm not sure, would that put me in some weird other bracket? I forsee myself going on a huge losing streak after hitting B and being knocked back down to 3K. I know PP/BP don't mean anything, I usually stick by that, but there's still that noob inside me poking at my brain.

Probably just start working on another char. I wrecked people as Cammy, T Hawk (ew), and for some reason Gen. Dudley's tough but rewarding, Rose was fun too.

I think I'm gonna take a little break from SF. I tend to play it too excessively and I usually come back stronger after a little time out. I even bought a Wii last week and I've hardly used it because of this game :lol

Chavelo

Great matches last night with the PSN Gaffers... I apologize if you sent me a friend invite and didn't get to play against you last night, but I promise I will get around to getting owned by you dudes prolly tomorrow or maybe even later today (might do some DnD tonight).

My Gouken was feeling happy in the first few matches, then TWO BOXERS HAD TO COME AND RUIN HIS DAY ON TEAM MATCHES... XD

(I'm inspired to pick up Dudley now... Getting creamed never felt so good :-3)

Ah, and to think I just started GameFly with two games out at a time... This game is gonna ruin my subscription... :-/

One question, SSFIV-GAF: Is Gouken a respectable character to fight with? I mean, his shotokan and all, but yeh... Is he a good character to start with?

Can't wait for the ranbats to get going. :D

Gyrian

TimeKillr said:
Conspiracy theory says it's because the hitbox is so horrible that even the guy who leaked the video felt bad :)

mv0med.gif

I'm reminded now, any word at all if there's been any toying with rebalancing in the Arcade location test?

vg260

explodet said:
267578.jpg

And my quest to achieve C to Shining C has come to an end. It has been done, my last two characters (lol Honda/Vega) bumped me up to about 1850PP which is the highest I've ever been.

Now what to do? I'm terrible at challenges, single player grind just isn't as interesting... thinking of leveling up my Hakan to B (he's already at 4800) but I'm not sure, would that put me in some weird other bracket? I forsee myself going on a huge losing streak after hitting B and being knocked back down to 3K. I know PP/BP don't mean anything, I usually stick by that, but there's still that noob inside me poking at my brain.

Probably just start working on another char. I wrecked people as Cammy, T Hawk (ew), and for some reason Gen. Dudley's tough but rewarding, Rose was fun too.

Nice job. I'm two characters away myself. I'm really tempted to go for the rest of the trials (have about 40 left) and maybe all the achievements. That online team battle one sucks. Create 30 lobbies? Does anyone even play team battle anymore?

explodet

Degen said:
ew what do you mean ew
hawk defense force (population: like 3) assemble
haha

Don't get me wrong, he's a solid character, but it almost felt TOO EASY to win with him... The range of Tony Hawk's command throw is xbox hueg compared to an unoiled Hakan who I'm used to playing. As long as I didn't fall into the flowchart trap (condor dive, jump in, command throw) I managed to pull off some victories I felt I didn't deserve.
2&2 said:
Nice job. I'm two characters away myself. I'm really tempted to go for the rest of the trials (have about 40 left) and maybe all the achievements. That online team battle one sucks. Create 30 lobbies? Does anyone even play team battle anymore?
Team battle? Never heard of it. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
TimeKillr said:
Pretty much. Nobody understands why there's no fukiage frame data (isn't it pretty much the only move in the game that wasn't captured?) so it's a bit strange.

Non-EX Condor Dive is also missing.

Imm0rt4l

Chavelo said:
Great matches last night with the PSN Gaffers... I apologize if you sent me a friend invite and didn't get to play against you last night, but I promise I will get around to getting owned by you dudes prolly tomorrow or maybe even later today (might do some DnD tonight).

My Gouken was feeling happy in the first few matches, then TWO BOXERS HAD TO COME AND RUIN HIS DAY ON TEAM MATCHES... XD

(I'm inspired to pick up Dudley now... Getting creamed never felt so good :-3)

Ah, and to think I just started GameFly with two games out at a time... This game is gonna ruin my subscription... :-/

One question, SSFIV-GAF: Is Gouken a respectable character to fight with? I mean, his shotokan and all, but yeh... Is he a good character to start with?

Can't wait for the ranbats to get going. :D
he's the worst shoto not named dan, and the worst boss character overall. he's cool for casual play, but has glaring holes in his game. I main gouken and I gotta say he's not particularly respectable in the sense that you can just rush him the fuck down and his answers are all the same or can be baited for an easy punish. I wouldn't recommend him if you want to be competitive, but he's fun to play on a casual level. I'd recommend him as a secondary character.

BitchTits

I think I've had my fill of this game again. I'm so fucking sick of facing random idiots online who just want to run to corner and wait out the timer - FROM THE START OF THE MATCH! :lol

Gyrian said:
I'm reminded now, any word at all if there's been any toying with rebalancing in the Arcade location test?

There's probably a good chance. If there working on new characters and costumes, most likely they might add a few tweaks here and there as well.

BitchTits said:
I think I've had my fill of this game again. I'm so fucking sick of facing random idiots online who just want to run to corner and wait out the timer - FROM THE START OF THE MATCH! :lol

Play more Gaffers (although playing AZ Greg makes me raaaaage like no other!! lol)

but sometimes I feel I need to take a break myself and check out on all the other games I've been missing

MoxManiac said:
I hope they give Rufus a teleport and fireball!

if that happens, then might as well make Cammy's dive kicks hit overhead...haha!

vg260

LosDaddie said:
Team battle is active on XBL

Thing is I believe for that achievement you can't just stick in one lobby and keep playing, you have to finish, quit, and make a new one to get credit for each one. Seems like that would piss a lot of people off. Shoulda done this when it first came out. Then again, I never thought I'd be that close to getting all the achievements that I normally don't go for. I only forced myself to try the C2C one to learn all the characters and matchups, but I'm not too far off after that one.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:

Scrub complaining against an actual good character which he has no means to fight back. It happens everywhere.

BTW did you level up your Vega or am I just doing like shit? I am sure I could beat you 50/50 dammit :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom