• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, my ratio with Guy....I am afraid to look. But I can say most of my losses are because of him. Guy isn't very good, and the fact that I got spoiled by Chun and Cammy makes Guy an even tougher adjustment.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
damn, my ratio with Guy....I am afraid to look. But I can say most of my losses are because of him. Guy isn't very good, and the fact that I got spoiled by Chun and Cammy makes Guy an even tougher adjustment.

I switched from the king of options (Akuma) to Guy strictly because Guy is stylish as hell. I already knew he'd be nothing like A2/3 and was bored with Akuma without RH loop combos.... but even with that win ratio, the losses have been ridiculous.

Just have to accept Guy for what he is, and try not to become another FF chain spamming one.. I mean that combo has it's place, but you don't pick the slickest character in the game to be boring.

Joekage

1st round - Get bodied by tick throws

2nd round - Get bodied and then clutch it out with f. mp OS U2 to punish the backflips

3rd round- Get bodied something serious.

Vega for top tier gets my vote xD

BotoxAgent said:

Is it sad the most fun I've had with Guy is playing lame? I like playing against Gief because Guy has so many options to get out of the corner. Wall jump and early elbow is always good for bait. Otherwise, he does suck. If you play against a player who doesn't block, Guy is tons of fun. :lol

I blame Guy for my diminishing interest in SSF4. Ono made the elbow almost entirely useless. How funny is that Chun and Cammy are my alternates too.

explodet

My top 3 win percentages are:
T Hawk - 69.23%
Blanka - 68%
Vega - 65.38% (my main in vanilla)

My bottom 3? It ain't pretty:
Akuma - 38.78%
Dudley - 33.87% (massive sadface)
Viper - 22.09%

Hakan's right in the middle there with 52%.

Joekage

Btw Greg, my friend is the guy playing Abel/Rufus. I'm strictly Cody. I know how you hate Rufus but my friend is salty and wanted to use him haha.

XenoRaven

I feel like Chun mainers generally gravitate toward the same characters for some reason. I too have been messing around with Guy. I've had some success with him, but only against super scrubs who can't block and feel like jumping is an ok thing to do against him.

MrMephistoX

XenoRaven said:
I feel like Chun mainers generally gravitate toward the same characters for some reason. I too have been messing around with Guy. I've had some success with him, but only against super scrubs who can't block and feel like jumping is an ok thing to do against him.

Eh I might be odd then. As a Chun mainer Guy never really clicked with me but I do love me so Jagga!

Makoto is my other pet project but I can only do decently against srubby Shotos which is fine by me: the punks deserve it!

LakeEarth

Threi said:
I hate to say it but im running out of patience with deejay...he has literally no pokes, no wakeup game, specials that start up extremely slow, ex specials that have no priority, 1 frame links or extremely high execution to deal any sort of respectable damage...
His weak damage is what drove me away from him. Any non-MGU combo doesn't do much.

marathonfool said:
How funny is that Chun and Cammy are my alternates too.

25z3v4j.jpg

Between Chun, Cammy, and Guy, I think I determined the criteria I use to pick which characters I play. I like characters that are mobile and difficult to zone. They all have good range on their attacks. Good normals (maybe except Guy, he was great in A3 :sigh:). Great dashes.

From the characteristics above, it seems that M.Bison fits the bill quite nicely. I should try him out some more. I played some Adon, I like him quite a bit too. I'm sort of in a waiting mode for Rolento. He fits all of my preferred characteristics.

marathonfool said:
Between Chun, Cammy, and Guy, I think I determined the criteria I use to pick which characters I play. I like characters that are mobile and difficult to zone. They all have good range on their attacks. Good normals (maybe except Guy, he was great in A3 :sigh:). Great dashes.

From the characteristics above, it seems that M.Bison fits the bill quite nicely. I should try him out some more. I played some Adon, I like him quite a bit too. I'm sort of in a waiting mode for Rolento. He fits all of my preferred characteristics.

Bison is fun, good ground normals, you might find his lack of reliable AA somewhat annoying though compared to Chun or Cammy.

Joekage

GG's to AZ Greg, Threi and sonicspear. Had alot of fun getting bodied by Greg although I think my Cody has at least some answers for Vegas shenanigans. Gotta go to a local session so good luck to you guys in defeating Vega haha.

Threi

notag
sonicspear64 said:
Threi finally got ex MGU, walk foward, Ultra! :D
and then missed it again :(

either way GGS

something has been bugging me: why does vega's crouching jab (or is it crouching strong) get tagged by lk sobat while his other one stuffs sobat? they have nearly the same freaking animation...

Threi

notag
just fought a vega in ranked and DESTROYED him

who woulda thunk being beat down 20 times in a row would have actually served a purpose? :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
AZ Greg said:
GGs guys!

New personal best win streak (51)! :D
Holy crap, Greg handing out the ass-whuppings like candy. Somebody invite eva! :D

@Threi: It's the good ol' "engage a level 99 boss monster" to exp boost. It works IRL too!

Threi said:
just fought a vega in ranked and DESTROYED him

who woulda thunk being beat down 20 times in a row would have actually served a purpose? :lol

I feel the same way. I keep having flashbacks when I fight vegas online, like a battered child.

"Don't hit me, daddy!"

And then I realize that they aren't doing the df.RH shenanigans and I start hitting back.

MightyKAC

bigmit3737 said:
PSN: bigmit37

Anyone playing at the moment?

I'm game if you're available.

PSN: MightKAC
Edit: Gah nvm I'm in Japan I forgot how crappy my connection is with people from
the states.

Threi

notag
so its near the end of a round and this vega does a random U1, I am sitting there waiting to block and punish and I get hit and it kills me (i wasn't doing any of deejay's shitty pokes that take 20+ frames to recover or anything, i was just sitting there with the stick on downback) naturally i let out a loud "WHAT THE HELL?!?"

i go into replay channel to see wtf it was about and apparently it registered me doing downback + hk twice.

...my right hand wasn't even on the stick. I am now almost convinced that this game has been programmed to make you rage.

Threi said:
so its near the end of a round and this vega does a random U1, I am sitting there waiting to block and punish and I get hit and it kills me (i wasn't doing any of deejay's shitty pokes that take 20+ frames to recover or anything, i was just sitting there with the stick on downback) naturally i let out a loud "WHAT THE HELL?!?"

i go into replay channel to see wtf it was about and apparently it registered me doing downback + hk twice.

...my right hand wasn't even on the stick. I am now almost convinced that this game has been programmed to make you rage.

Weird shit like that has happened to me.

AZ Greg

Threi said:

Are you still using that modded SNES stick? Could it be that?

Dartastic

So I somehow wound up subscribing to Gooteck's email thingie a while ago, and I just got an email showing that I can get lessons from the top players in the USA. Justin Wong is one of them. These are apparently his characters...

Justin Wong's Tournament-level characters said:
Rufus
Abel
Balrog
Makoto
WELL THEN? LET'S SEE HER IN THE NEXT MAJOR TOURNAMENT! LET'S SEE HER!

Threi

notag
AZ Greg said:
Are you still using that modded SNES stick? Could it be that?
i've shook the joystick, banged it, rotated it, etc. in the windows joypad config to make sure there aren't any shorts inside, that's definitely not it.

*edit*

holy shit DBJ way to lag me out of a win

Degen

Hawk beat a high-level Gouken ♪ ♫
Hawk beat a high-level Gouken ♪ ♫
Hawk actually beat...
a muthaf***in high-level Gouken ♫♪♫

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man am I playing like shit :lol :lol

Charging ahead mindlessly. Attacking all over the place. Missing links.

Man sorry for that shit Gutabo :lol

Add to that annoying friends telling me to rush and baaam. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom