• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relix said:
Scrub complaining against an actual good character which he has no means to fight back. It happens everywhere.

Vega is good, most of the Vega players are not. I usually don't have problems beating them, it's just annoying.

Dartastic

riceandbeans said:
There's probably a good chance. If there working on new characters and costumes, most likely they might add a few tweaks here and there as well.

pleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetterpleasemakemakotobetter

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TimeKillr said:
Pretty much. Nobody understands why there's no fukiage frame data (isn't it pretty much the only move in the game that wasn't captured?) so it's a bit strange.

Conspiracy theory says it's because the hitbox is so horrible that even the guy who leaked the video felt bad :)

IIRC, the only special of Dudley's that leaked is MGB.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
schennmu said:
Vega is good, most of the Vega players are not. I usually don't have problems beating them, it's just annoying.

AZ Greg up there is probably one of the best Vegas out there. Fight him.

AZ Greg

Relix said:
BTW did you level up your Vega or am I just doing like shit? I am sure I could beat you 50/50 dammit :lol

I'd like to think I've leveled up a little. I feel like I've made some good strides over the last month or so. Still have a lot of work to do though.

Threi

notag
Hitokage said:
It moves upward very slowly, but it has instant startup and is completely invincible and teleport cancelable.
it should be exactly like his down fierce but upwards towards the sky

re: makoto

at least she has decent normals, other characters don't have the luxury of attempting to play a footsie game with anyone.

*edit*

Greg didn't level up, he used a fucking lvl 99 cheat code

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
And this is the last thing I say in response to the constant complaining about Makoto for the immediate future:

eh0hh2.jpg

AZ Greg said:
I'd like to think I've leveled up a little. I feel like I've made some good strides over the last month or so. Still have a lot of work to do though.

Yeah, you definitely have.

AZ Greg said:

You've leveled up to the point I am afraid of pressing a button :lol

Our matches were much closer during the vanilla days T_T

SoulFist

My xbox 360 keeps freezing mid match...I think its on it's last legs...oh cruel fate, what have I done to afford ye. How will I get my fighting game fix now?

Ploid 3.0 said:
My vid against Dave1988. I got lucky in the second battle on both wins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQ7CP6YQYg
CaptureWiz005.jpg

Decent matches, im not sure why chun doesnt just stand back and hit you with a kikosho on wake up from a good distance in round one match one. If you ex messiah you will lose invinc frames and die, if you back dash you die, if you do nothing you get chipped out. Also, in the first set, is that music from the megaman x series?

edit: just remembered where that music was from. Persona Fighter 4:lol good shit

Ploid 3.0

Onion_Relish said:
Decent matches, im not sure why chun doesnt just stand back and hit you with a kikosho on wake up from a good distance in round one match one. If you ex messiah you will lose invinc frames and die, if you back dash you die, if you do nothing you get chipped out. Also, in the first set, is that music from the megaman x series?

First is persona 4 boss battle (track 9 of the soundtrack), the second is Capcom Vs SNK 2 MotM London track (This is true love makin), the third is Persona 4 normal battle music.

Morris

Disco Devil
Chavelo said:
Great matches last night with the PSN Gaffers... I apologize if you sent me a friend invite and didn't get to play against you last night, but I promise I will get around to getting owned by you dudes prolly tomorrow or maybe even later today (might do some DnD tonight).

My Gouken was feeling happy in the first few matches, then TWO BOXERS HAD TO COME AND RUIN HIS DAY ON TEAM MATCHES... XD

(I'm inspired to pick up Dudley now... Getting creamed never felt so good :-3)

Ah, and to think I just started GameFly with two games out at a time... This game is gonna ruin my subscription... :-/

One question, SSFIV-GAF: Is Gouken a respectable character to fight with? I mean, his shotokan and all, but yeh... Is he a good character to start with?

Can't wait for the ranbats to get going. :D

That's what she said :D

GGs everyone last night. Gib was only wrecking shit because I only picked makoto against him :C... She's so fun but she sucks :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Damn I can't play right now. @ College. =(. I will come back tonight and kick Greg's ass. I am coming SSJ style.

Might be a good chance to test the XBL Ranbat rules and see how it goes. Yup.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Onion_Relish said:
Decent matches, im not sure why chun doesnt just stand back and hit you with a kikosho on wake up from a good distance in round one match one. If you ex messiah you will lose invinc frames and die, if you back dash you die, if you do nothing you get chipped out.
Sorry, you're mistaken. EX Messiah wins easily on reaction, and at ranges it won't the kikoushou will whiff anyway.

Banking on Kikoushou to stop attacks with slow or long active frames is a bad idea in general. It's only invincible until startup, not through it, and the fireball will stop when Chun is hit.

Threi

notag
holy shit when deejay's back is to the corner he's helpless :O

*edit*

Joekage you threw away that match by fadcing the CU

*edit #2*

I hate to say it but im running out of patience with deejay...he has literally no pokes, no wakeup game, specials that start up extremely slow, ex specials that have no priority, 1 frame links or extremely high execution to deal any sort of respectable damage...

:/

Razor210

cHaotix8 said:
I'm Deee Jay expert but isn't ex MGU decent enough?
Sure, if you don't mind waiting a second for it to actually hit.

The only way you'll hit with that move is if you cancel out of a normal.

Threi

notag
cHaotix8 said:
I'm Deee Jay expert but isn't ex MGU decent enough?
ex mgu has no invulnerable frames, same as ex sobat (which only has projectile invulnerable frames at startup)

fine? nope, both have such slow startup that every normal by every char in the game is quick enough to beat it (12 and 15 frames)

it only works when you hit a normal that misses deejay's hitbox (which is basically a low attack with long recovery). works the first couple times as a gimmick but when the opponent catches on he will realize that deejay has no ground reversal at all.

basically, if you jump at deejay at all and get hit by his admittedly amazing upkicks you don't know the matchup at all.

hitsugi

all right. time to give deejay a real shot. will be playing him mostly through the weekend and we'll see what conclusion I come to..

some background - i've mained viper, rufus, akuma, cammy, sagat, seth, balrog, and guy so far from vanilla -> now. for whatever reason, it's been really really really hard to stick with 1-2 characters in super though

Threi

notag
hitsugi said:
all right. time to give deejay a real shot. will be playing him mostly through the weekend and we'll see what conclusion I come to..

some background - i've mained viper, rufus, akuma, cammy, sagat, seth, balrog, and guy so far from vanilla -> now. for whatever reason, it's been really really really hard to stick with 1-2 characters in super though
please do.

*edit*

tried a pseudo frame trap (low jab > standing fierce) at best you get a trade and at worst you get heavily punished because it has long recovery :lol

anyone here having any good progress or luck with Guy? I wonder if Saqs and Maximillian is still giving him a try.

Guy blows, but he's too cool of a character to give up. I've learned to accept losing a lot with him, even against players I know I should be better than.

Joekage

Threi said:
holy shit when deejay's back is to the corner he's helpless :O

*edit*

Joekage you threw away that match by fadcing the CU

*edit #2*

I hate to say it but im running out of patience with deejay...he has literally no pokes, no wakeup game, specials that start up extremely slow, ex specials that have no priority, 1 frame links or extremely high execution to deal any sort of respectable damage...

:/
Yes I am very very salty about that. very very salty

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
anyone here having any good progress or luck with Guy? I wonder if Saqs and Maximillian is still giving him a try.

Guy blows, but he's too cool of a character to give up. I've learned to accept losing a lot with him, even against players I know I should be better than.

I have an 86% win ratio with Guy.. I'd consider mine pretty decent, but I don't think Guy is good at all in SSF4; people just get hit by my gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom