• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
I was fighting the orcs with a gatling gun, but it wasn't working so I just ran.

It went something like this:

• I'm reading neogaf on my computer and see that Q has been added to SSF4
  • *little elf pops up inf front of me*
  • "Can you save my friend? He needs this medicine but it's locked in the labyrinth! He'll die in 15 minutes!"
  • me- "but will he join my quest?"
  • "yes, just like last time! heeheeheehee!" *elf fades into the mist*
  • at this point I head into the cave and find a gatling gun
  • I'm running around checking my map trying to figure out what I'm looking for, but there's no directions so I wander.
  • I shoot a bunch of big-ass orcs, but it doesn't hurt them, I try to run back, but smaller orcs block me.
  • I run back to the big orcs and they attack the small ones. I escape through the confusion.
  • I run into a bunch of those spinning blades from sands of time, only that little mask dude from OoT is sitting on one of them. he tries to sell me the medicine but I just take it without paying.
  • He looks sad, and I run back to town.
  • I take it to the tavern where the elf is, and hand him the medicine. He tries to use it on his elf buddy, but I'm all like, "he's dead forget him", and he grudgingly uses it on Q.
  • Q ducks under the door and walks outside. he looks slightly more cartoony, but also more angry and imposing than 3s. He's also like 10 fucking feet tall.
  • I start a match using Q, and he does an attack where he opens his palms by his hips and shoots like a repulsor blast or something.
  • I do his ultra, which is a combination of all his old super moves in one flashy sequence like Dan's U1, only at the end he does a grab motion, and my opponent was holding up so it missed. The partial ultra did 700 damage.
  • Q's taunt looked the same, only his arms were bent up like a bodybuilder and it reflects fireballs.
  • Q screams and I wake up

This is fantastic :lol

LakeEarth

AZ Greg said:
GGs today to Joekage, Sonicspear, Threi, jam, DBJ, Gutabo, Relix, Eissan (Didn't realize you were a GAFfer, it was fun hunting down your Ryu! :D), God's Beard, Lake Earth, Black Vegeta, and Saty. Sorry if I missed anyone! :lol
Dude, you've always been good but you've definitely leveled up even further recently, footsie-wise. Had a hell of a time getting in, and almost all my wins were Breathless bullshit.

GamerSoul

LosDaddie said:
GGs on Wednesday night, fellow X360 Scrubs....Mike M, axel, and KamkaziePIP :D

MikeM's Boxer was rusty, but still a force to be reckoned with. And it was all over once Axel brought his 'Gief :lol
At least I got in a few wins against that 'Gief

Any XBL scrubs want to get an Endless and/or Team lobby going tonight (prob. around 11pm EDT)? I should be online around then.

I missed all the action yesterday so hopefully I can join today after work. I need a good session.

I don't understand Empire Arcadia. After watching the interview video of Triforce and comments on eventhubs/iplaywinner I still have no idea what they do/their business model. Still it was an interesting video that guy did to say the least. I read it like I read the NFL off-season news feed. Back to SSF4 stream watching.

eissan

AZ Greg said:
GGs today to Joekage, Sonicspear, Threi, jam, DBJ, Gutabo, Relix, Eissan (Didn't realize you were a GAFfer, it was fun hunting down your Ryu! :D), God's Beard, Lake Earth, Black Vegeta, and Saty. Sorry if I missed anyone! :lol

God's Beard, is your new avatar from the match against Saty a few minutes ago? :lol

MAN!!!

I've played against you and this canadian claw(his name on live is something as vega) and you 2 are freaking impossiable to read! most vega's continually do one move and you can read it after a round but you 2 are freaking impossible!!

I remember one round last nite against you where I had about a 50% life lead and thought to my self okay time to sit back and chuck plasma and somehow I ended up in the corner and it was GG, sooooo salty after that one haha.

I dont know if it's my personality or not but I get into a game wayyyy more when I get my ass kicked than when I win. the more I lose the more I wanna play, I"ve had matches against that canadian claw where I lost I dont know 12 straight and I didnt care and kept going after winning once I felt sooo good!

GG's Greg and everyone else I played last nite, I had a lot of fun :D.

fubarduck

MiniBossBattle said:
I don't understand Empire Arcadia. After watching the interview video of Triforce and comments on eventhubs/iplaywinner I still have no idea what they do/their business model. Still it was an interesting video that guy did to say the least. I read it like I read the NFL off-season news feed. Back to SSF4 stream watching.

That's the funny thing about Empire Arcadia, it's never actually been a business. Just a crazy guy that convinced a lot of young, impressionable players to join his clubhouse. It's been that way since 2003. I have no idea how this guy convinced so many people to join, but I think a part of it is that people romanticized the image of a group of elite players living together and bro'ing it up.

Imagine this: you rent a large apartment and invite a bunch of "top" players to come live in it. You take some of those player's tournament winning moneys to barely pay the rent. You've now done everything Empire Arcadia has!

I guess the very fact that you thought he was running a business by the way he talked shows you how he influences players to be on "his team".

eva01

dragonballjoseph said:
Man eva, why you gotta do that godlike combo on my Sakura. :lol

lol you still won that round! You should of joined sooner. Mike Ross was in there bodying everyone.

zlatko

Banned
Shout outs to DBJoseph. A week or so back I was stuck on Ibuki's trial 24 as my very last trial for the game. He showed me the way he was doing it and after a lot of hours I finally got it to click using the input method he used and getting the timing down right.

Also shout outs to him trolling Mike Ross on XBL in endless. :lol He used his Bison as a turtle for an entire match and lamed him out.

fubarduck said:
That's the funny thing about Empire Arcadia, it's never actually been a business. Just a crazy guy that convinced a lot of young, impressionable players to join his clubhouse. It's been that way since 2003. I have no idea how this guy convinced so many people to join, but I think a part of it is that people romanticized the image of a group of elite players living together and bro'ing it up.

Imagine this: you rent a large apartment and invite a bunch of "top" players to come live in it. You take some of those player's tournament winning moneys to barely pay the rent. You've now done everything Empire Arcadia has!

I guess the very fact that you thought he was running a business by the way he talked shows you how he influences players to be on "his team".
on the MTV special a few years ago Triforce kinda portrayed it as a place to keep kids off the streets, but yeah he's been playing it up as a business for a while and i had idea how that "worked".

Chavelo

GAF, I'm sad and depressed today...

Asked the
GameStop
store girl close from where I work out on a date... Does a
ultra
counter when I come down from my fail
wake-up ultra
move and tells me she has a dude and two kids already...

:p

PSN GAF, WON'T YOU PLEASE BE ON TONIGHT FOR SOME SCRUB MATCHES? >.<

jiggles

Banned
So I got my first ever stick.

Fuck this control method. I've gotten better against the CPU, but like 100 times worse against human opponents. I can't do any mixups anymore, and effectively blocking takes way more thought and effort. Messing around in training mode is doing nothing for me, I need an actual sparring partner to practice with. Help me out here someone. Please. :(

(PSN: jiggles)

Nose Master

Chavelo said:
GAF, I'm sad and depressed today...

Asked the
GameStop
store girl close from where I work out on a date... Does a
ultra
counter when I come down from my fail
wake-up ultra
move and tells me she has a dude and two kids already...

:p

PSN GAF, WON'T YOU PLEASE BE ON TONIGHT FOR SOME SCRUB MATCHES? >.<

"I have ten toes." "What?" "Oh, I thought we were talking about shit that didn't matter." Then you put on sunglasses. Works every time.

Chavelo

jigglywiggly said:
I need an actual sparring partner to practice with. Help me out here someone. Please. :(

Yo, Jiggly. I think you added me on PSN... If not, I can still help ya out (need to start working on my combos and stuff). :-D

PSN: ADChavelo

Nose Master said:
"I have ten toes." "What?" "Oh, I thought we were talking about shit that didn't matter." Then you put on sunglasses. Works every time.
:lol :lol :lol

YYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

jigglywiggly said:
So I got my first ever stick.

Fuck this control method. I've gotten better against the CPU, but like 100 times worse against human opponents. I can't do any mixups anymore, and effectively blocking takes way more thought and effort. Messing around in training mode is doing nothing for me, I need an actual sparring partner to practice with. Help me out here someone. Please. :(

Who do you use? I need to practice with Ryu and am somewhat scrubby.
Where are you located?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's alright. He won't care. :D

So. Scrub tourney is currently running. Because of random factors, it may take longer than expected but that's alright. Tournament winner will get a copy of Blazblue Continuum shift, a copy of SF world encyclopedia, $20 PSN card to buy the costume pack and random goodies that I love to give away.

Next up, random tournament. I will unveil it in like maybe a month or so. One of the prizes IS a $99 Juri statue. Too bad Kumie-San can't enter because it's definitely something that needs a strong man to take care of. :lol

GAF Weekly. From Oct. to Dec., every week will have a mini-tournament with points being handed out. Top three gets something ala Christmas and New Year's time.

The end.

Oh, if someone can figure out for me the number of people willing to participate in an HDR tournament on LIVE, we can run one also. I usually do not feel like doing anything under 32 people.

hitsugi

zlatko said:
Also shout outs to him trolling Mike Ross on XBL in endless. :lol He used his Bison as a turtle for an entire match and lamed him out.

The correct way to approach Mike Ross - don't. :lol

jiggles

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
Who do you use? I need to practice with Ryu and am somewhat scrubby.
Where are you located?
Sakura, and I'm in the UK.

I'll be happy to go some rounds with you again Chavelo, so long as the lag stays low. :p

fubarduck said:

When you put it that way, it sounds kinda cool. I would have loved to be in an all Counter-Strike suite in college/after college. Also, as a safe place to play fighter games without being brained sounds good too. Then again, I quit CS (and Diablo2) because I wanted to make money and work on games instead. "Pro" gamer seems romantic but I imagine very difficult. The Seth Killian route seems smarter than the Jwong career path.

_dementia said:
on the MTV special a few years ago Triforce kinda portrayed it as a place to keep kids off the streets, but yeah he's been playing it up as a business for a while and i had idea how that "worked".

in the recent interview he was defending how the arc isn't a franchise, it's a brand or whatever...I dunno...I think he's grasping at straws at this point. When Justin moved to the West, he was saying that Justin was going to expand the Arc....that sounds like "franchisey" talk to me, lol

Both my copy and tournament stick turned up today, who do you think is the best character for learning the ropes with?

And how well built are the sticks because last time i played regular street fighter 4 i nearly smashed a PS3 controller through anger :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well. It looks like I've reached the limit of saving replays.

I thought there wasn't a set limit but as many as your HDD allows them? Booooooo.

MoxManiac

Mr Solo Dolo said:
Both my copy and tournament stick turned up today, who do you think is the best character for learning the ropes with?

And how well built are the sticks because last time i played regular street fighter 4 i nearly smashed a PS3 controller through anger :lol

Ryu. He's good at everything (combos, zoning, footsies etc) so you can learn all aspects of SF with him.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Relix said:
We need to get Saty's account approved. =P

I wonder why Saty's account hasn't been approved. When I first signed up, I got approved in like 2 days. Granted...this was in like 2004 and I worked at a well-known gaming site at the time, I guess.

Kadey said:

I thought there wasn't a set limit but as many as your HDD allows them? Booooooo.
Just use one of your other Xboxes. Don't you have like four?

N4Us

Kadey said:

There should be a number saying how many replay slots you have left.

Saved so many myself, only have about 15 slots left. Gotta get a capture card and save some of the stupider matches.

fubarduck

Kadey said:
I had a dream I was sitting in Fubar's lap.

I think they call this kind of dreaming "foreshadowing".

Ask yourself this: do you want a lousy joystick or two, or do you want the WHOLE ARCADE? :D

gutabo

Lost Fragment said:
I wonder why Saty's account hasn't been approved. When I first signed up, I got approved in like 2 days. Granted...this was in like 2004 and I worked at a well-known gaming site at the time, I guess.
2 DAYS??? I spent 2 YEARS in limbo!!! WTF!!!

XenoRaven

I waited a week and sent another e-mail wondering why I hadn't been approved yet. In hindsight I'm surprised I actually got through. Maybe I got away with it because I used my @us.army.mil e-mail address.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL GAF

IRC ROOM:
irc.globalgamers.net
Room: #gafranbats
http://www.globalgamers.net/pjirc/chat.php?nick=GAF&chan=gafranbats
When in type
/nick THENAMEYOUWANT

(if someone could create a Mibbit link I'd appreciate it. I suck hard at using something that isn't MIRC =P)

XBL and PSN players are both welcome, though I am aiming more for XBL guys who don't have the handy chat function ready.

Once again, Ranbats are only on Saturday and Sunday evenings; 10 match maximum.

Join one of these rooms, and gather up via the in-game Tournament mode.
The progression in this mode is irrelevant, we are using it because it randomizes the matches.

Disconnects occasionally happen. Whether that's considered a loss is to the other player's discretion.

Also remember to assign someone to track the session stats for everyone.

All players start in the pool this 1st weekend, so wins are worth 2pt, losses are -1pt.
Also note the number of matches played & matches won per player.

The person who tracked these figures must then post them here.
The other players will quote this post to confirm that they are correct.

REMEMBER: RANBATS START TOMORROW! TOURNAMENT MODE IS A MUST TO BE RANKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom