• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutabo

Nose Master said:
needs more medium punch, loldan I haven't practiced him since I switched to stick :lol
Hey! are you just getting the hang of the stick? You wanna play a particular matchup?

gutabo

Nose Master said:
Anyone but Dhalsim? :lol Of course, the match I pick to troll with Blanka I fight Dhalsim :(
Ok, anyone but sim ;) I'm going to pick up seth a bit more, I used to play him but with a twist: never use standing or jumping far HP to zone.

Edit: Throw more stones!

Edit 2: Too late...

eva01

Lost Fragment said:
Though, I feel kinda bad for the way I won that last match against Eva. Guess at least now I know that whatever option select he was going for gets beaten by wakeup ultra :lol Not sure that os would've beaten any of Makoto's wakeup options really except probably ex oroshi.

Now I know that medium punch option select won't work vs that ultra. I wonder if ex will.

AZ Greg

GGs Saty!

Man, playing you more over the last week is really leveling me up in that match-up. I feel like I'm doing better with it each time we play. Still have a lot to clean up though. I'm still poking into way too many frame traps, missing U1 chances when you do jump back fierce, though I'm at least punishing them with ex wall dive, and I'm not quite where I want to be with regards to reacting to certain things. I keep staring like a deer in the headlights when you do a high teleport instead of taking the free air throw or maybe ex wall dive. Need to work on incorporating more FAs too.

gutabo

eva01 said:
Now I know that medium punch option select won't work vs that ultra. I wonder if ex will.
Excuse me, what OS? Thanks in advance!

AZ Greg said:
GGs Saty!

Man, playing you more over the last week is really leveling me up in that match-up. I feel like I'm doing better with it each time we play. Still have a lot to clean up though. I'm still poking into way too many frame traps, missing U1 chances when you do jump back fierce, though I'm at least punishing them with ex wall dive, and I'm not quite where I want to be with regards to reacting to certain things. I keep staring like a deer in the headlights when you do a high teleport instead of taking the free air throw or maybe ex wall dive. Need to work on incorporating more FAs too.
Greg! Sim has frame traps? Do tell please!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GGs guys, hell of a lot of fun!

I decided to end it with that mini win streak I had going. GO OUT ON THE HIGH :lol

gutabo

Lyte Edge said:
Oh, well thanks for quoting me so I have no way to change it.
LOL

Yeah, please unquote him so he can remove it since he didn't know it was wrong.

EDIT: Oh, mirror match?? LOL

Papi

A few months ago, I modded the microswitches in one of my sticks to make them more sensitive.
Then yesterday I was using the normal unmodded TE and they feel loose.
Then today I went to the arcade and the sticks they had were fucking terrible. I went to punish a whiffed LP Shoryu with Rog's c.MP xx Headbutt and all I got was c.MP. Fuck.

TE sticks > arcade.
Actually, I find some online games in Australia to be decent. I was playing a few guys last night consistently hitting multiple 1 frame links. Online > arcade...

Satyamdas

Banned
AZ Greg said:
GGs Saty!

GGs!! Agreed on all counts, especially the feeling that I'm getting better at the matchup but still have a lot to improve on. Specifically not getting hit by every single ex wall dive you throw out. It's like I KNOW it's coming, and I know it beats almost everything I throw at it, yet I STILL either jump or backdash and get hit by it. Or if I do block it on the way up, I should be using mk slide to safety then hitting you w/ a st. hp, but I always go for the air to air mp which gets beat a lot of the time. I'm also going to start hitting my hands with a hammer every time I jump back fierce when you have an ex stocked. These are basic things that are costing me matches and I don't know what I have to do to break the habits.

I am the most inconsistent player I know of. Both in mental strength and plain execution. I will do the most idiotic teleports and jumps and get mauled one game, so the next I will force myself to stay grounded, play defensive and smart, and I will win with some crazy awesome shit. But the very next game it's like I forgot what just won me the match, and my bad habits pop back up to cost me that game. So frustrating to see your problem areas and feel like they won't go away. Like those random and highly punishable teleports. I usually don't do that, but when you're mashing dat down-back I feel like I have to do SOMETHING to get in and create offense, and it ends up getting me beat down. Definitely enjoy the fights though, I can't believe how many are nailbiters that come down to the final hit or throw.

gutabo said:
Excuse me, what OS? Thanks in advance!
My guess is OS DP.

And just finished watching some of Andre's vids at Guard Crush to learn a few things. But man, he has really leveled up. Not only did he fix what I didn't like about his Bison (he did a lot of really unsafe moves in situations where he didn't need too), but he was just beasting. Although I still don't like how he approaches Blanka. But that could be because he an Rahsaan play each other a lot.

Also reminds me that I need to incorporate the cr.strong > st.RH combo/frame trap in my playstyle.

Oh and Eva, a little comment about when you were fighting my friend mashdat's Bison this morning. Bison's toward punch teleport beats OS, which I saw him start to spam at your jump-ins. But if you don't OS, you can do a big punish on him for free.

gutabo

HOLY SHIT!!

Ok, it's time to go to sleep, good games everyone! Last game!

EDIT: WTF, what happened? Huge lag spike and you all were gone!

Ok, cya tomorrow guys! Saty, I wanna play you again!

Nose Master

Woooooowwww. Must be on my end, considering I got kicked off live completely. Jesus. Oh well, I should practice some CS anyways, considering I just finally got it today. I wanted to play your Honda, too, Guta :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
Lyte Edge said:
:lol I think he let me win in the second round, but I used that to change things up in round three and win it.

Yes and no. :lol One thing I love to do lately, especially with Gouken, is if I have a good lead and the opponent's health is nil I would tap their health down to a sliver and work on my block and dodging game untill near the end of the round. Then when opponent least expects it I will throw out that ultra and finish the match. Unfortunately I screwed up my timing with you and you managed to jump over it, landing the finishing blow. The third round I got too aggressive and fell flat on my face because of it.

Anyhow, good matches everyone!

Axis

gutabo said:
Man, I'm about to go to bed :( What about tomorrow, fellow cobra kai member?

certainly :) just get at me whenever you get on xbl...i'm usually on there, idle or not

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
wow wtf.. SSF4 gaf exploded this week. i'll be on PSN tomorrow from..... somewhere between noon and 7 pm PST. send me matches people!

I think I've played more games in the last two days than like ever against GAFFers. Thanks to this crappy PC though since I'm installing a billion things.

Good games to Rikichi, Dave and other people.

AZ Greg

Man, just finished up an awesome set with EdMa. Randomly joined a 3 person lobby that he was in. It was pretty funny cause me and him were the only two winning (mostly him) and then I got on a little streak and had won like 3 in a row against him and the host so the host left. EdMa became host and started kicking everyone who joined so we could play. Sorry ElectricGodFist & Saty! :lol He eventually made another room though. He used Rog for most of the matches and holy shit his spacing is incredible. He kept me at a range where I couldn't do anything and if I tried something it was hello punish city. Had to rely on nothing but pokes and the occasional punish. :x He probably won ~20-25 to my ~10-12. I was doing better towards the end and on a 2 game win streak when he whipped out Juri. Holy crap, never seen a lot of the shit he was doing with her. Was definitely more comfortable with that match-up though. He took it 6-4. But I'd say in about 4 of his wins I had him down to chip/1 hit in the deciding round only to get blown up by phat custom comboz. :lol Good shit.

So I just fought this Abel who just kept jumping at full screen when I had the life lead. It was pretty weird.

And everytime I go to training with Sakura, I learn something new. Just created a new crazy reset. The thing about it is that it's weird that it took me a while to find the reset.
The good thing about it is that it will do wonders against high level players.

Axis

dragonballjoseph said:
So I just fought this Abel who just kept jumping at full screen when I had the life lead. It was pretty weird.

And everytime I go to training with Sakura, I learn something new. Just created a new crazy reset. The thing about it is that it's weird that it took me a while to find the reset.
The good thing about it is that it will do wonders against high level players.

your sak will still suck!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Holy shit you guys played a shitload last night :lol

After about 60 matches I had to stop. =P

Btw the ranbat rules changed to best of 3 now.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
LakeEarth said:
They better patch shit like this, not just Makoto. Hakan can't command grab stunned Dudley, sometimes Dhalsim comes out of a teleport facing the wrong way. Vanilla had a lot less of this crap.

They didn't even bother to test Makoto:lol :lol

"You can link after overhead on crouching opponent if you time it meaty, so that only the second hit connects"

What is meant by meaty?

Axis

bigmit3737 said:
"You can link after overhead on crouching opponent if you time it meaty, so that only the second hit connects"

What is meant by meaty?

so that the active hit frames of the move are connecting as the opponent is standing up

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
bigmit3737 said:

What is meant by meaty?
Timing a move so the active frames overlap with the opponent's recovery (usually when they get up from a knockdown). If you time it properly, you'll hit the opp with the last active frames of the attack, netting you more frame advantage than if you just hit the move normally.

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=171

Leunam

Someone will come along with a better explanation, but it's when you time an attack so that it hits as early as possible when your opponent is waking up. Pretty sure you can do it with blockstun too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Scrub tourney lovin! More matches! Congrats to Riki and Chryz for movin on.....

nt5k7.png

Epic stuff going on. Even after having reformatted by HDD like 10 times in the last three days, I still managed to get it done. They look even better. :D

Rikichi vs Nakazato.
Rikichi wins 2-0
Match one
Match two

AAK vs Chryz.
Chryz wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom