• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coeliacus

Shout outs to any Rose players here. I switched a couple of weeks back and with minimal effort I'm winning far more games now. Just need to get the plink down from c.lk to c.mp. Slide and c.mp is godlike. s.mk over shoto lows is godlike. Satellite is godlike.

If you're smh about my enthusiasm, I just came from Makoto. I love her character, but she takes far too much work for people to start respecting your game. :(

Threi said:
that was a long day at SF, gg everyone

got a round and a half of saty's sim and still wound up bottom tier :(

Its ok. I got washed up :( still I'm the only person to take a round off saqs so there's that. NEXT TIME IT WILL BE A WHOLE MATCH!

Axis

AkumaHokoru said:
Its ok. I got washed up :( still I'm the only person to take a round off saqs so there's that. NEXT TIME IT WILL BE A WHOLE MATCH!

i blame my loss on missing the dash ultra after baiting the reflect :(

AZ Greg

can you keep playing honda. i need to figure out how to deal with the butt smash since that's where i'm taking most of my damage. :(

gutabo

AZ Greg said:
can you keep playing honda. i need to figure out how to deal with the butt smash since that's where i'm taking most of my damage. :(
Ok, just read this!

Edit: Hey greg good games but wtf, at least say goodbye :(

AZ Greg

GGs Gutabo!

I need you to do me a favor, put yourself in my shoes. You're playing Vega against a Honda who plays just like you. How would you approach the match-up? I tried a bunch of different things and tried to be offensive, but pretty much nothing works. You can throw out a jab headbutt or butt smash any time I attempt to pressure or mix-up and it's safe. I can't go off the wall either. Feels like the only thing I can do is poke/chip and run the clock out. :( And even then it's hard cause you can stay in the match with virtually nothing but chip damage.

I'm starting to feel like this match-up might be worse for Vega than Rufus, unless there is some obvious stuff I'm not doing to punish your style.

Edit: My bad. I only took off so quick cause my roommate has been bugging me to get his iPod for him but I was in the middle of our matches. I only took off after the win cause, like I said, the only way I think Vega can win is running out the clock and I doubt that's fun for you.

Joekage

Killa Sasa said:
Where is that FindmyFarms character? Seems like he's disappeared.

He's still around. He gets internet on August 20th and will be around more often around then I assume. I'm a local friend of his so yeah xD. Also his Cammy is pretty much the best in the south right now IMO. He'll be at QuakeCon's Super tourney as well as myself this Saturday which should be streamed so you'll be able to catch a glimpse of him then. Of course you'll also see me and my beloved Cody! :D

zlatko

Banned
Playing BBCS really makes you appreciate SSF4 way more on so many levels.

It's tough trying to play both on a regular basis for me though. Brain just farts out on trying to adjust between the two in terms of speed and proper footsies.

When is SBO again? Looking forward to seeing what the Japanese have found with Abel that maybe someone like Ryder may have over looked for certain match ups.

gutabo

AZ Greg said:
GGs Gutabo!

I need you to do me a favor, put yourself in my shoes. You're playing Vega against a Honda who plays just like you. How would you approach the match-up? I tried a bunch of different things and tried to be offensive, but pretty much nothing works. You can throw out a jab headbutt or butt smash any time I attempt to pressure or mix-up and it's safe. I can't go off the wall either. Feels like the only thing I can do is poke/chip and run the clock out. :( And even then it's hard cause you can stay in the match with virtually nothing but chip damage.

I'm starting to feel like this match-up might be worse for Vega than Rufus, unless there is some obvious stuff I'm not doing to punish your style.
I'm going to tell you what I realized the last time we played, I think that's better, because I don't play with vega and I don't really know what you should be doing.

Well, one of the things I realized that was playing on my favor was your poor meter management. I didn't even bothered to block that crossup ex claw you did because that meant that, even after getting some damage(and not even that much), that you had no meter to do that ex air claw thingie that hits on the way up too that usually makes me more careful on my approach(and lets you easily combo after a c.MP). So that meant for me that you were free to approach and that I could get my charge back anytime I wanted. And since you were playing keepaway, you had no meter to spare. On one round I tried to show you that when you had no meter and no ultra, I could build all the meter I wanted because you were trying so hard to get me the hell away from you that you would let me build it whiffing specials. I didn't care about losing one round if it meant that I had at least meter for two ex moves.

So from then on(you having no meter) I didn't care about my meter anymore. I would chip you with lp/ex headbutts(completely safe, even from your ultra 2), go back, and build some more meter, then chip you some more(again, because you were playing keepaway). And if you got some meter, you would go for the ex crossup claw ish and that meant that my strat was working because I was trading that damage for your meter.

And I also loved to trade hits with you. That's why I didn't care about your anti air standing HK , I could just trade with any of my fierce attacks(mostly HP) and it would trade in my favor(70 vs 120 dmg).

Finally, if you didn't get your df.HK in the exact range, I could interrupt your followup(even your throw) with my c.LP, and then go into hands, headbutt or oicho. Also all your followups to df.HK lose to late tech(the "flash kick" gets blocked, the throw teched and the jumping backwards HP doesn't hit honda's c.LK/throw whiff animation).

I hope it helps, because I'm starting to think that this matchup is in honda's favor too(before I thought it was a 5-5).

EDIT after reading your edit: Ok then it's greg <3 again(no homo). About the fun, it's less fun, but I have to learn to play those kind of matches too so it's good for me. And if I get bored I can always spice things up with some of my alts while I level them up. Cya soon!

derFeef

Okay, I can pull of some bnb combos in training mode now, but when I play an arcade fight I am lost again and nothing comes out. I mash the buttons like a dumbass, no timing, no nothing. Getting better seems impossible for me.

derFeef said:
Okay, I can pull of some bnb combos in training mode now, but when I play an arcade fight I am lost again and nothing comes out. I mash the buttons like a dumbass, no timing, no nothing. Getting better seems impossible for me.

Well go in learning one thing at a time.

When you go into aracade mode, don't try to win, but just try to find ways to execute the combo.

Then next time just try to anti-air.

Eventually you will develop good habits, and you won't have to think as much and then you can just focus on winning the fights.

It takes time since you have to destroy bad habits piece by piece and develop new good ones.

USD

Why does Blanka Super/U1 do retarded amounts of chip damage? Watching some Guard Crush 5 matches and seriously, it does as much damage as a fierce SRK, and that's just on block.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I'm lying doing and a Blanka does U1 on my wakeup, how do I block it?

derFeef

bigmit3737 said:
Well go in learning one thing at a time.

When you go into aracade mode, don't try to win, but just try to find ways to execute the combo.

Then next time just try to anti-air.

Eventually you will develop good habits, and you won't have to think as much and then you can just focus on winning the fights.

It takes time since you have to destroy bad habits piece by piece and develop new good ones.
I´ll try that, thanks. I want to be prepared if I jump into my first online match. I also started to like Bison(dic) and I think he suits me the best.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I'm considering J.Wong 50 bucks an hour.

Am I going to regret it ?

Yoshichan

DR2K said:
If it'll prevent you from going ape shit on your disc, it might be a money saver.
:lol

LakeEarth

Yoshichan said:
If I'm lying doing and a Blanka does U1 on my wakeup, how do I block it?
If the low hit whiffs cause you're on the ground, you just block high. That's where the trick is, it catches a lot of people blocking low. If the person is actually doing the cross-up shenanigans (you see him kinda wiggle forward before the ultra is activated), then you gotta guess which direction to block, but on XBL the rare Blanka that tries this usually doesn't inch forward enough to make it a cross-up.

derFeef said:
I´ll try that, thanks. I want to be prepared if I jump into my first online match. I also started to like Bison(dic) and I think he suits me the best.

Be prepared to lose a lot...but that's Okay. Just be patient.

You are rebuilding a foundation. That takes time.

hitsugi

Yoshichan said:
So I'm considering J.Wong 50 bucks an hour.

Am I going to regret it ?

what's the point of this? there are plenty of players right here on GAF that could help you level up your game.

PSN Side please get your shit together. If I do not have a list of players for the ranbat by wednesday I am going to drop that side and you'll be on the outside looking in. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom