• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knee

PS3 SSF4 Chat - I got Flashing Red Light of Death on my PS3. :( No funds for a new system. This one has been out for repair previously and I'm not going to keep sinking money into it.

Farewell 60GB, you've served me well. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a slim sometime soon.

eva01

dragonballjoseph said:
Oh and Eva, a little comment about when you were fighting my friend mashdat's Bison this morning. Bison's toward punch teleport beats OS, which I saw him start to spam at your jump-ins. But if you don't OS, you can do a big punish on him for free.

Yeah I'll try that next time.

AZ Greg said:
Man, just finished up an awesome set with EdMa. Randomly joined a 3 person lobby that he was in. It was pretty funny cause me and him were the only two winning (mostly him) and then I got on a little streak and had won like 3 in a row against him and the host so the host left. EdMa became host and started kicking everyone who joined so we could play. Sorry ElectricGodFist & Saty! :lol He eventually made another room though. He used Rog for most of the matches and holy shit his spacing is incredible. He kept me at a range where I couldn't do anything and if I tried something it was hello punish city. Had to rely on nothing but pokes and the occasional punish. :x He probably won ~20-25 to my ~10-12. I was doing better towards the end and on a 2 game win streak when he whipped out Juri. Holy crap, never seen a lot of the shit he was doing with her. Was definitely more comfortable with that match-up though. He took it 6-4. But I'd say in about 4 of his wins I had him down to chip/1 hit in the deciding round only to get blown up by phat custom comboz. :lol Good shit.

wow, fuckin nice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
50 dollars per hour for Justin Wong training :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
OI! someone with some proper input skills mind seeing if they can do this combo with Adon:

lk.Rising jaguar FADC instant air EX jaguar kick

I did that in training just now, but I can't do it again. :(

Someone tell me I'm not delirious

Brobzoid said:
OI! someone with some proper input skills mind seeing if they can do this combo with Adon:

I've practiced that too, it does work, but it's hardly worth the risk of messing it up and/or the meter. I'm not even sure it hits all characters anyway.

hitsugi

Brobzoid said:

style-aside.. is that really worth 3 bars?

Brobzoid

we don't put style aside when discussing worth. You gotta be stylin to get the girls, everyone knows that! >:I

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
CPS2 said:
Gaf loves Makoto and hates Blanka, so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFYUSvrdOeA

The karakusa weirdness with forward dashes is news to me. Yeah I hope they patch shit like that. At the same time though, if it was that huge an issue people would've known about it already. Can't think of many situations where you would want to forward dash into Makoto at that range.

Her meaty setups don't work on specific characters. Adon, Sagat, Blanka, and a few others I think take a few more frames to wake up than most of the cast. But you can just adjust your timing a bit to get them to work. Except the meaty cr.lk setup.

The bnb thing is pretty typical for her with characters that have small/weird hitboxes so lately against those characters I've just been using st.lp -> st.mp -> st.mp. Not like that's exclusive to her though, or even the new characters. Can't tell you all how many times I've tried to cr.lk -> st.lk -> cr.mp Greg's Vega on wakeup with Viper only to have the st.lk whiff and get thrown.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Let's get the ranbats going peopppleee!!

Rules"
1) You cannot fight the same person more than three times in one Weekend. The fourth one won't count.
2) TOURNAMENT MODE ONLY (AKA: No endless)
3) In the IRC decides who makes the room, make it according to rules (Best of 3 rounds) and invite the people interested in joining that room.
4) Fight and post results
5) Max of 10 fights per weekend. The first 10. Not the ones you pick
6) 2 points per victory, -1 per defeat.
7) Only Gaffers registered here or who are in the IRC. No one else will be counted. (Pending Gaffers are OK if they are in the IRC room. Except Satyamdas. =P)
8) 12:01AM EST Saturday to 11:59PM EST Sunday.

Reporting:

RELIX (Chun) vs. SomeScrub (Ryu): 2-0 Relix Wins
RELIX (Makoto) vs. Threi (loljay): 2-0 Relix Wins

Easier this way ;)

Threi posted IRC link above me!

Is it something that would get fixed in a patch like the previous one that fixed the crouching Guy glitch?

It would require a change to the hotbox for karakusa which means a substantial balance change. Not that I would mind if she did, but that doesn't sound like a simple bugfix.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ken Masters said:
standing strong punch? is that what you're saying?

Jab, strong, fierce=low, medium, high punch

Short, forward, roundhouse=low, medium, high kick

People new or haven't been paying attention to SF may not get the old terminology. I still use the old terms myself, just so used to it.

Brobzoid

damn son who was that playing cammy? the stream is too muddy to make out the names. :(

I got lagged out by Freelix, true story

/salt

Stupid Chun messing with my shit >:|

Good shit, next time I'm going to make that skank eat a boot ;)

GamerSoul

Killa Sasa said:
I got lagged out by Freelix, true story

/salt

Stupid Chun messing with my shit >:|

Good shit, next time I'm going to make that skank eat a boot ;)

That was a nice comeback to tie it up though. I'm impressed by both of you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol Blanka, I love you Threi

Yoshichan

Rooting for the Abel player!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
the_log_ride said:
Any word on how the PS3 side is planning to do this? Are well just gonna meet up in chat as usual?

Chat as usual I think. Always can use the IRC channel if you want.

Morris

Disco Devil
the_log_ride said:
Any word on how the PS3 side is planning to do this? Are well just gonna meet up in chat as usual?

Gyrian is not here so we'll need an organizer :(.

Chat is mad lonely atm. Hope we can get some more peeps in a couple hours...

Also, we need someone who can stream this... I would if I had a decent connection :(

Yoshichan

Spirit of Jazz said:
Bad choice, I couldn't even hit my bnb thanks to either lag or nerves or my general all round terribleness >< Praise Breathless for it's guaranteedness!
You did fine bro, love me some Abel with lag or not!

Morro! said:
Gyrian is not here so we'll need an organizer :(.

Chat is mad lonely atm. Hope we can get some more peeps in a couple hours...

Also, we need someone who can stream this... I would if I had a decent connection :(

I'll be on later, after the UFC ppv... :)

Shouldn't be too hard to keep track of... just get an endless battle going with 5 or more... we'll go from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom