• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

AkumaHokoru said:
I have 4 slots open for pool 3 of the xbox gaf ranbats. I cant even get a proper pool for PSN ( i have maybe 2 names)
I missed where you started putting this together, sorry. Mobile at the moment but PSN is mashingkeys :D thanks for the effort and hopefully enough join up

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Yoshichan said:
So I'm considering J.Wong 50 bucks an hour.

Am I going to regret it ?

Yes, a friend of mine paid 100 bux for 4 hr session, he only got 1 hr, Justin then never gave his 75 bux back or anything. He is kinda piss about it, and he really didn't told him anything HUGE, most of the stuff you can learn it on SRK or by experience.

So, will you regret it? Yes.

Will it be fun to play against him to see how you do? Yeah, why not.

hikarutilmitt said:
I'm up for both sides for ranbats.

XBL: hikarutilmitt
PSN: hikarutimitt

Please pick one. no one else is double entered. I would prefer to put you on the ps3 side since that side doesnt even have a complete pool yet.

IF YOU STILL WANT TO BE IN THE GAF RANBATS AND YOU POSTED IN THE GAF RANBATS THREAD PLEASE REPOST SO THAT I CAN CONFIRM. (i went through the thread saw alot of confirms no-show the inital ranbats that were kinda clusterfucky after i cleaned them up all entries were null except the confirms i had there (whom are already in pool 1 and 2)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-DarKaoZ- said:
Yes, a friend of mine paid 100 bux for 4 hr session, he only got 1 hr, Justin then never gave his 75 bux back or anything. He is kinda piss about it, and he really didn't told him anything HUGE, most of the stuff you can learn it on SRK or by experience.

So, will you regret it? Yes.

Will it be fun to play against him to see how you do? Yeah, why not.

Why pay 50 bucks to play text book rufus?

actually you know what

ill pay 50 just to troll him for an hour with dan

Dartastic

Ok ssf4 GAF. I need some major help. I've never been super awesome at the game, but I've always been at least above average. However, lately my pp has plummeted from 1300 to 200something, and my 4600bp Makoto is now at 3900. I can't seem to win at all anymore. I need help. Bad. Any 360 people wanna get online and help me out? I dunno what's happened. :(

AkumaHokoru said:
Please pick one. no one else is double entered. I would prefer to put you on the ps3 side since that side doesnt even have a complete pool yet.

IF YOU STILL WANT TO BE IN THE GAF RANBATS AND YOU POSTED IN THE GAF RANBATS THREAD PLEASE REPOST SO THAT I CAN CONFIRM. (i went through the thread saw alot of confirms no-show the inital ranbats that were kinda clusterfucky after i cleaned them up all entries were null except the confirms i had there (whom are already in pool 1 and 2)

PSN it is, then.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dartastic said:
Ok ssf4 GAF. I need some major help. I've never been super awesome at the game, but I've always been at least above average. However, lately my pp has plummeted from 1300 to 200something, and my 4600bp Makoto is now at 3900. I can't seem to win at all anymore. I need help. Bad. Any 360 people wanna get online and help me out? I dunno what's happened. :(

Its Makoto:lol :lol

Dartastic

Relix said:
Its Makoto:lol :lol
I refuse to believe that. I had 4600 bp. That's not easy with her. :( Maybe I'll just back off her for a while... I want Capcom to make her slightly less shitty so bad. I love playing as her!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dartastic said:
I refuse to believe that. I had 4600 bp. That's not easy with her. :( Maybe I'll just back off her for a while... I want Capcom to make her slightly less shitty so bad. I love playing as her!

I also do. But my frustration outgrew my love. =(

Pro tip to online Cammy players: Don't start every round with a spiral arrow!

Same goes for Ibuki players abusing that slide-throw. Especially if I'm holding down back already. Why would you do that???

Dartastic said:

Makoto can be good the problem is you have to have gdlk execution and really know her normals. I would go so far as to say she is harder to master than Viper.

derFeef said:
I´ll try that, thanks. I want to be prepared if I jump into my first online match. I also started to like Bison(dic) and I think he suits me the best.

Noo, not Bison!!! :lol Jk, take the character you like. Bison is very viable and high tier.
I really need to start playing this on 360 as well... Should have bought another stick instead of the Wii I guess. Game + TE stick + LIVE... too much :(

derFeef said:
Okay, I can pull of some bnb combos in training mode now, but when I play an arcade fight I am lost again and nothing comes out. I mash the buttons like a dumbass, no timing, no nothing. Getting better seems impossible for me.

Muscle memory and match up experience take A LOT of time. Especially if you're new to SF. The rewards will come sooner or later and it's totally worth it. Most rewarding game EVER for me.

Executing combos online is much harder than offline as well. Lag, pressure, etc.

Also just hop online and accept that you will lose a lot in the beginning. It's not like you could get negative points or anything.

FindMyFarms said:
Hello GAF, long time no see. I'm in the land of no internet and it's a sad place indeed T_T

That land is a sad sad place that needs to be put out of its misery by means off rabid intarweb deployments :p

Threi

notag
ugh i don't even know what to say now.

played a blanka that used the correct balls at the correct times, but was also using turbo for combos into electricity

i can't really chastise him for it because he beat me fair and square but it was assisted...

anyways stay classy xbl

*edit*

Search By: "More Skilled"

i get people with less PP and BP than me.

...?

*edit* run back the match and win, get half my points back

so...according to capcom i played a person more skilled than me twice, won one of those matches, and wound up with less points because of it.

...:lol

Caj814

Well after losing a shitload of BP,my Makoto is recently starting to slowly but surely get it back up.I ended up practicing more on general defense and throw breaks instead of techniques and strats since that's where every potentially good player (Makotos especially) begin to fall apart.It especially sucks when playing against major pressure characters like Ibuki,Akuma,etc where your blocking always has to be on point or you'll eat loads of damage since she lacks a safe "GET OFF ME!" move. It also sucks when lag kicks in and fucks up hayate cancel mixups and end up throwing an unintentional fukiage in there :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
haunts said:
ricky/marn/justin win SBO quals.
John Rambo's gonna take it all

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DryEyeRelief said:
who participated other than team eg?

NorCals usual suspects -- not sure who else beyond that, but top 3 is all norcal pretty much save marn and justin. Not sure if SoCal or beyond came out.

SoCal won Tekken 6 - Aris/Rip/Suiken

Hey guys, quick question. There was this insane combo video of Seth a few months back. The guy was canceling/FADCing all over the stage for like 20 seconds. Anyone know where it is or what it was called. I honestly can't find it. Any help would be great.

Not sure if Maj did a tool assisted vid for Seth but you can't go wrong running a search in youtube for poongko or online tony. They both got great Seths

zlatko

Banned
Threi said:
ugh i don't even know what to say now.

played a blanka that used the correct balls at the correct times, but was also using turbo for combos into electricity

i can't really chastise him for it because he beat me fair and square but it was assisted...

anyways stay classy xbl

*edit*

Search By: "More Skilled"

i get people with less PP and BP than me.

...?

*edit* run back the match and win, get half my points back

so...according to capcom i played a person more skilled than me twice, won one of those matches, and wound up with less points because of it.

...:lol

Don't play ranked. Capcom should write it on the box. :lol

USD

Going back to vanilla for SBO has to be weird. Guess vanilla gets it last hurrah. It will be Super at Evo Japan, right?

Ok. So today (monday) is your last day to sign up for gaf ranbats. Psn has 5 slots open. period. I am not extending another pool for them. Xbl has 6 slots left. like psn they arent getting another pool.

imtehman said:
pardon my ignorance but, what the hell is ranbats?

Ranked Battles. Pretty much win and get points which is used to rate you here. In other words it means nothing at all just like ranked mode but hey its a convenient excuse to play semi-serious vs other gaffers in a semi organized setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom