• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlai said:
Hah yeah, it was with Makoto. Believe me, I was shocked too. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I even got a perfect vs Greg with any of my characters, let alone 2. With Makoto you just gotta keep pushing his Vega to the corner. Also, Fukiage renders the wall dives pretty useless. I was just telling him earlier, I think I'm good for 2-3 early wins against him, up until he remembers the few tricks I use. Otherwise, he still beats me pretty regularly. I'll get around to ghetto-recording it on my iPhone eventually unless someone wants to do what riceandbeans suggested and actually have a quality recording.
Don't say that, my friend plays Makoto and your replay is going to make him so excited :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
mjc said:
I'm thinking of buying this in the next couple days. It's still got a decent player community right? (especially for a noobie like me?)

There are far more new people to the game than old school players. And just like the old players, new people have to take a lot of beatings and general play time to get to where they want.
I wish I could spend more time with the game myself but I do pretty good for someone who only plays an hour or two at most and once or twice a week.

Joekage said:
Then count me in! I am not sure where the official thread is for this so if anyone could enlighten me with a link I'd be very grateful.

Also Eraldo, no matter how much I hate Rog, I'll always luv ya man <3 haha. Also I have a new character to terrorize you guys with so it'll be fun coming back. TIGER!

i'm workin on a lil somethin somethin for you too. Still a work in progress though, currently on day #5. JAGUAR!

Any Ibuki players know where I can find a list for whom this combo works against?

Jump in attack, tc ? (s. lp, s. mp, s. hp), s. lp, s. mk, tsumuji, raida? Seems like some characters can't get hit by it, either that or can't get the timing right for some characters...

: (

Also, Fuck the cammy match up. :lol

CPS2

KS Seven X said:
Any Ibuki players know where I can find a list for whom this combo works against?

Jump in attack, tc ? (s. lp, s. mp, s. hp), s. lp, s. mk, tsumuji, raida? Seems like some characters can't get hit by it, either that or can't get the timing right for some characters...

: (

Also, Fuck the cammy match up. :lol

I think it doesn't work on Honda, Makoto, Akuma, Dan, Cammy, Viper, Juri, Blanka, Hawk and Rose.

edit: wait a minute I was doing a totally different combo (LP>MP>HP xx QCB+LK, LP, MK xx)

I think the one you listed doesn't work on Akuma, Viper and Blanka. Not sure who else.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Highlight of my night..

Beating a 3900pp bison with 12.5kbp..

Thats no DBJ but still.. I was happy.

He was Dash Happy.. I made sure to punish that ;)
A lot of high ranking Bison's that I've come across actually have pretty poor defenses. So all you need to do is open them up and be on the offensive.
I've pretty much torn up a lot of the A/B+ ranking ones with my Sakura.

Did some games with this guy from Georgia last night. They were mostly Sakura-Balrog match-ups (he then asked me to play Bison, in which I got put on blast due to me being too overaggressive). One round, he pretty much mauled my Sakura and got a perfect. I then returned the favor the following round. :lol
My links with Sakura can be so crispy sometimes. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So when you eat something sweet and drink water or something, the water tastes weird. Why god, why?!!!

In other news.

Another match from the scrub tourney!

Lumix vs Notworksafe.
Lumixl wins 2-0
Match one
Match two

XP really sucks. Can't wait to upgrade. The damn thing won't even print screen right.

dyat5c.jpg

MoxManiac

Blanka with lag. I can beat most Blankas with ease offline or when there's little lag, but the fucker is such a lag abusing fuckwit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

what is your personal worst matchup?

I always lose to Vegas, even shitty ones

Also goddamn, Fei Long for most-improved?
Blanka players. Good lord.

Kadey said:
So when you eat something sweet and drink water or something, the water tastes weird. Why god, why?!!!

In other news.

Another match from the scrub tourney!

Lumix vs Notworksafe.
Lumixl wins 2-0
Match one
Match two

XP really sucks. Can't wait to upgrade. The damn thing won't even print screen right.

dyat5c.jpg

What are you using to capture? The quality is amazing.

_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

Blanka and Zangief

I always lose to Vega (when it's AZ Greg)

Degen

_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

Gouken and Guile, but I'm slowly catching on. Dee Jay is still pretty invincible although I'm working on that.

Blanka is a bastard. His ball move is a bastard. His electric move is a bastard. His ultras are a bastard. Blanka is a bastard.

It doesn't even matter if you see Blanka's next attack coming at the last moment if you're low on health.
okncc0.jpg

YOU'RE STILL SCREWED!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

Guile gives me the most probs. Then again I play chars that suck vs him.

Sim and Rufus come close.

_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

As a Ryu player a solid Rog has given me fits since vanilla, followed by Bison and Guile.

LosDaddie

Banned
As a scrub who mains Akuma, most characters are a bad match-up for me. :lol But yeah, the charge characters are a real pain: Guile, Dictator, Boxer etc

As Dudley:

Dhalsim - DAMN YOU STRETCHY LIMBS
Seth - stretchy limbs + command throw = sad
Guile - sonic boom recovery is too fucking fast
Juri - not as bad, but 2 fireballs can fuck up my ducking sometimes, and I can't punish back jumps like other characters

As Fei Long:

Sagat - fireballs all day
Guile - Sonic booms all day

Threi

notag
dragonballjoseph said:
Deejay.

Because I'm laughing so hard, I can't focus on the match.
lol what

Degen said:
Gouken and Guile, but I'm slowly catching on. Dee Jay is still pretty invincible although I'm working on that.
lol what

that being said Rog/DeeJay is borderline unfair, jesus. outside of Rog freejay fears NO MAN (or woman or green animal)

tzare

why do people only usually send MP when they loose? :D Complaining about they rival fighting style. It is just stupid.

I am trying to improve my Guile , but i am too old school and barely use focus so when fighting +4K characters i am having a hard time

i'd love to find a second character i could use (not shotos) but i dislike almost all of them, but Fei Long , and i get raped whet i use him

Degen

Threi said:
lol what

lol what

that being said Rog/DeeJay is borderline unfair, jesus. outside of Rog freejay fears NO MAN (or woman or green animal)
Okay, not invincible, but turtling/keepaway Dee Jay is up there with Guile against me. But since Guile is infinitely more common online, I get more practice against him.

Probably worth noting for the billionth time that THUNDER HAWK FOR LIFE ADFSASD I use Hawk often.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the_log_ride said:
As Dhalsim:
- Abel
What?! As an Abel player, Dhalsim is my worst match up. I really have no clue what to do against turtles... any tip?

Imm0rt4l

my bad matchups as Gouken

Cammy-
Balrog-
Bison-
Dudley-All the above are tough because there rushdown/pressure
fuerte-horrible wakeup game makes this a guessing game in fuertes favor
gief is also a problem, but it's hard to come across good giefs.

Once you get in close with roll, you can pretty much just go to town. This is a really bad matchup for 'Sim. :(

Abel's U2 is just immoral against 'Sim :lol

Imm0rt4l said:
my bad matchups as Gouken

Cammy-
Balrog-
Bison-
Dudley-All the above are tough because there rushdown/pressure
fuerte-horrible wakeup game makes this a guessing game in fuertes favor
gief is also a problem, but it's hard to come across good giefs.
Yeah, I love fighting Gouken :lol

What about Ibuki, though? She can non-ex slide right through your fireballs.

Imm0rt4l

God's Beard said:
Yeah, I love fighting Gouken :lol

What about Ibuki, though? She can non-ex slide right through your fireballs.
you're absolutely right, thing is a lot of ibuki's aren't aware that you can non ex neckbreaker under his fireballs! This is a tough matchup, but I haven't found any ibuki's that can body me thoroughly at all, I've fought maybe 2 ibuki's that were legit, one being elite zeus/zeu$ on psn he's good, to the majority ibuki players credit I play ibuki myself so I guess I have a good understanding of the matchup. I rarely get beat by ibuki's, but I rape Goukens when I play as Ibuki, she's definitely gonna be a problem once players start wising up and not trying to vortex him so haphazardly, since damage is in goukens favor.

Abels can also be a pain, I really hate fighting guile as well, match is supposedly in guiles favor but I don't believe that. I just find throwing fireballs all day to be very boring, I don't play that match particularly smart.

Blanka is also a pain, very difficult to punish his blanka balls, slow wakeup, stupid shenanigans that punish you for crouch teching etc.

Threi

notag
Degen said:
Okay, not invincible, but turtling/keepaway Dee Jay is up there with Guile against me. But since Guile is infinitely more common online, I get more practice against him.
The thing is Deejay can't turtle nowhere near as well as Guile. You aren't jumping over his fireballs are you? Just block and walk forward.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I really dont feel Makoto has horrific match-ups(3-7s and 2-8s), she has one of the best set of Normals among "quarter circle characters", just a couple of things that keeps her from having favorable match-ups. Not just stay one step ahead, sometimes you actually have to see the future to win:lol

personally my toughest Match-ups:
1- Chun Li
2- Akuma (u cant fuckin' stay on Him!!!)
3- Guile
4- Ryu(Mr. All around)
5- Honda

as Gouken, same suspects Capcom did'nt help the old bag at all

- Cammy
- Fuerte (pure guess work)
- Gief (there are no good wake options.)
- Balrog
- Chun

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Mine with Makoto atm:

1- Honda
2- Akuma. Been messing around with option select ultra 2 on his wakeup to catch teleport lately though with decent success. Good ones (Grifter) still control their space too well, apply too much pressure, and Makoto doesn't have an answer for palm os cr.hk afaik, though.
3- Guile
4- Bison. But I've been getting better with this match lately. Mostly because on wakeup os st.hk trades in her favor with ex pc, and makes ex headstomp whiff. But she still crumples under his pressure pretty hard.
5- Chun. Hard to get in on her and stay in because of her backdash. Can os it on wakeup, but hard to do anything about it otherwise unless you see it coming.

So basically, my least favorite matches with Viper + Guile and Chun.

AZ Greg said:
The biggest difference is that he uses the LP version of that up punch move to stuff my wall dives. Seems to beat it pretty easily. And then he gets that free juggle combo and I'm probably close to or in the corner after that. :(

But there's also a lot of stuff he gets me with that is just more from him playing me a lot and adjusting as opposed to the character. He uses FAs really well and since Makoto has a good one he's extra deadly with it against me when he's using her. And he's also really good at knowing when I'm going to fly at him with a naked ex wall dive. He'll punish that with like Makoto's jb.Fierce (The move where she looks like she's doing a roll in the air) and then after that he can dash in and go to work. That's something I need to clean up though as it seems I go for those almost always after a throw tech. :|

I also play his Makoto a lot more aggressive than yours since me and him have a pretty good connection and I'm still trying to learn/test things in the match-up. Of course that ends up getting me in trouble a lot of times.

Not sure why I didn't try this before, because it seems pretty obvious in retrospect. Maybe I did try it, but I mistimed it and it got stuffed so I assumed it didn't work or something.

Imm0rt4l

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I really dont feel Makoto has horrific match-ups(3-7s and 2-8s), she has one of the best set of Normals among "quarter circle characters", just a couple of things that keeps her from having favorable match-ups. Not just stay one step ahead, sometimes you actually have to see the future to win:lol

personally my toughest Match-ups:
1- Chun Li
2- Akuma (u cant fuckin' stay on Him!!!)
3- Guile
4- Ryu(Mr. All around)
5- Honda

as Gouken, same suspects Capcom did'nt help the old bag at all

- Cammy
- Fuerte (pure guess work)
- Gief (there are no good wake options.)
- Balrog
- Chun

yea when gief runs okizeme on gouken it's not even 50/50, shit's like 80/20 gief, the guy who eliminated me at EVO shut down all my options once he got a knockdown on me and you can't really throw fireballs haphazardly at a gief if he has meter. Shit was fucking demoralizing.

I'm so going to counterpick next year, fuck that noise.

_Xenon_

Banned
As Blanka:
1. The best 4 charge characters (bison, balrog, honda, chunli)
2. Dhalsim
3. Blanka (troll party right here)

As Juri:
1. All shotos that are not flow charting :(
2. Honda
3. Chunli

simtmb

For me as Dictator:
-Chun-Li
-Cammy

So for me it has to be Chun, and Cammy. With Chun, i vs a good one, it feels like a hill climb. In regards to Cammy, it started off as a fair nasty matchup for me, kept eating Cannon Spikes when i got jump/stomp/air happy...basically kept eating that move repeatedly when i vsd her. Now it's much better, but she can give some mean pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom