• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

what is your personal worst matchup?

I always lose to Vegas, even shitty ones

Also goddamn, Fei Long for most-improved?

I really hate all the little Bison bitches right now. (Dudley)

I've not really seen anyone else listing her. But Sakura seems to give my Rose all types of trouble. At least the ones that I've played seems to have no trouble evading my range game and getting all up in my face. And from there I just tend to crumble from the EX hurricane kick and DP pressure. I just can seem to get my rythem against her.

Yoshichan said:
What?! As an Abel player, Dhalsim is my worst match up. I really have no clue what to do against turtles... any tip?

Sim and Blanka are free to Abel Sir ;)

As log said Sim has a hell of a time getting away from Sim, especially in the corner because he has no way out and Abel's rushdown is God-like when characters have no easy way out. You just need to be real patient getting in, rolling and focusing through limbs, even a rare jump if you can read what your opponent will use as AA and space accordingly; a wiffed back RH punished with Breathless on landing is a wonderful thing.

Blanka's balls can all be punished by Abel, the tricky one being that if you block a horizontal ball high you can dash forward and hit a step-kick leading to massive damage.

Abel has great match-ups against a lot of the cast, however calling him top-tier is hard for me to accept because his match-ups against most of the best characters in the game: Akuma, Rufus and Honda for example are all really rough for him.

My pet-peeve is Balrog, fuck that guy, fuck his cr.f AA which seems to beat everything no matter where you jump from, fuck his ex-upper chains into overhead reset I don't see because I'm busy being impressed by a sweet combo, fuck his jab in every one of it's fucking forms. GAFs hatred towards Blanka should clearly be put towards this man.

Attention PSN SSF4 players

Currently, there are 3 spots open in the one of PSN pools. PM me or Gyrian if you want in, or conversely post in the Ranbats official thread to lock your spot in. Also please provide your main and 2ndary characters.

This week is seeding week! Results need to be in by Saturday!

Axis

as chun i really only have problems with balrog(still learning matchup) and akuma. viper isn't too bad as long as i can c.mk on reaction to burn kicks...used to have the worst time with bison as well but i'm getting more experience in that matchup lately so i feel good about it.

as cammy tho? FUCK BALROG

shit's fucking unfair...which makes winning so much sweeter :D

ninja edit: anyone in xbl pool 2 that wants to get their match with me done, just message me on here or on xbl. GT: vexco

will be around in about 2 hours :)

_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

what is your personal worst matchup?

I always lose to Vegas, even shitty ones

Also goddamn, Fei Long for most-improved?

I tend to have the most problems with Chun, Sim, and Akuma, in that order.

Gief mirror matches also give me a hard time. I play a pretty laid back Gief, so if the other Gief is good, I end up getting my shit rushed down.

ggs to AZ Greg yesterday. I find it hard getting to adjust to the 360 version, my lp to hands with honda doesn't want to come out for some reason. Then at the end it was lagging bad :( I got salty afterwards.

LakeEarth

Yoshichan said:
What?! As an Abel player, Dhalsim is my worst match up. I really have no clue what to do against turtles... any tip?
EX CoD is very useful in this fight. Plus once you're in, Abel can punish most escape attempts.

jiggles

Banned
ggs, Captain_Spanky. I felt a little bad giving you Sakura out of the gate for the first two, so I switched down to Rufus to make it fairer.

Check out my inputs in the replay of that match if you fancy a laugh. I'd figure out how to do a move, then totally forget what the button combination was within 5 seconds. :lol

My worst matchups are probably Vega (the trio of AZ Greg, Jozhear and Jay Da Assassin have reeeeally done a number on me for what's supposed to be a "favourable" matchup), and Fei Long (who I'm starting to agree is high tier, just has one of the harder bnb's in the game).

Also, the big local major from our scene is this Saturday/Sunday. If we stream I'll plug a link. In addition to SSF4 2v2 and singles, I'm going to MM people in Fighter's Destiny (this game is awesome, shut up :D) and Killer Instinct (Riptor/Fulgore <3).

Also, I think I will *actually* learn a new character after this weekend. Just as an alt, Cammy's too good to drop. Trying to decide between Dudley, Fei or to actually learn Dee Jay or Ken.

After being polished at Evo by one, I'm really leaning towards Fei. But Dudley is pretty damn fun too.

jigglywiggly said:
ggs, Captain_Spanky. I felt a little bad giving you Sakura out of the gate for the first two, so I switched down to Rufus to make it fairer.

Check out my inputs in the replay of that match if you fancy a laugh. I'd figure out how to do a move, then totally forget what the button combination was within 5 seconds. :lol

Yeah thanks a lot, sorry I had to go, promised my girlfriend I'd do a few jobs with her. Thanks for being such a good sport and giving me a chance :) Don't feel bad about using Sakura though, it'll just make me better in the long run. Especially since I don't use characters with fireballs I have to figure out ways around them.

Awesome games though, I was on my edge of the seat during the Rufus one. In a year of owning vanilla and now Super that was the first time I ever won an online match!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Worst Matchups:

Rufus: fuck you you big blob of disgusting fat.
Balrog: I am supposed to have the edge here but me rushing always fucks me up.
Dhalsim: I can't just turtle

Otherwise... I can manage everyone else. I main Chun in case someone out there doesn't know =p

Killa Sasa said:
Also, the big local major from our scene is this Saturday/Sunday. If we stream I'll plug a link. In addition to SSF4 2v2 and singles, I'm going to MM people in Fighter's Destiny (this game is awesome, shut up :D) and Killer Instinct (Riptor/Fulgore <3).

I used to be decent with Sabrewulf/Thunder back in the day. I kinda miss that game lol.

My worst in SSF4:

Guile's who know what they are doing: Near impossible to get in.

Good Cammy's: Once she gets in all hell breaks loose, disgusting frame advantage on instant dive kicks. I am pretty much forced to blow meter to try for an escape.

Some Chun's: Better normals plus air throw is extremely annoying though most of the time I can handle this fight fairly well.

derFeef said:
Funny I started to like Bison and train him a lot. We are like fire and ice :lol

Yeah, I already commented on that somewhere earlier in the thread, guess you missed it :D

After tonight Adon probably takes the cake. He can escape slow Dudley so easily and can cross him up all day.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm my own worst matchup. :lol

Actually...Guile and Dhalsim. Can't abide turtling. Too lazy to work to get inside.

Worst:

Any shoto not named Sakura.

I can't get passed fireball pressure using a non-shoto. Only way I can beat shotos is fighting fire with fire and picking either Sagat or Ken.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Turtles. I don't have patience or time to just sit back and do nothing all day. I will come after you. Either run into my fist or I'll run into yours. Though sometimes I play more serious and add a bit of zoning and stuff to my game. Then people die. Marky cries late at night and Kuma yells for no reason because his pants are tight. :lol

Satyamdas

Banned
Relix said:
Worst Matchups:

Rufus: fuck you you big blob of disgusting fat.
Balrog: I am supposed to have the edge here but me rushing always fucks me up.
Dhalsim: I can't just turtle

Otherwise... I can manage everyone else. I main Chun in case someone out there doesn't know =p
You really don't want to turtle too much as Chun vs. Sim, maybe after getting a life lead but not as a general strategy. I think Sim has the advantage if Chun turtles, but if she presses w/ a smart offense the matchup is in her favor. Much like Cammy, Chun's mixup game hurts Sim hard for making even one bad guess, although Chun has a harder time getting in to start her offense.

As a Dhalsim scrub, these are my nightmare matchups:

Cammy
Rufus
Abel

These HAVE to be 3-7 matchups for Sim. It is so demoralizing to zone them out, poke well, and dominate a round for 60 seconds, only to have one combo completely negate that effort and either stun or kill you. Or to make a mistake early in the round and have them on top of you nonstop. The thing they all have in common is a pressure game that will eventually break through Sim's defense, since he has no dp type move to make them scared while rushing him down. Teleporting and backdashing are virtually useless and can end up hurting more than helping.

Viper
Akuma

4-6 for Sim. Almost as bad as the above, but with just a few weaker areas in their offense which allows Sim to get away and reset things. Still an uphill battle every time.

Imm0rt4l

the top psn players thread on srk is stupid as hell, but it's my favorite thread there. HAV just swinging his dick around judging the lot of psn as garbage whether he wins or loses. Shit turned into an elitist circle jerk, with HAV in the center of it all. Shit is hilarious.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
As Dhalsim:
- Abel
- Rufus
- Boxer
- Akuma
Boxer and Akuma aren't that bad. U2 shuts down dash punches if you can get it out quick enough.

Use the Akuma strats I posted earlier. It helps.

the_log_ride said:
Once you get in close with roll, you can pretty much just go to town. This is a really bad matchup for 'Sim. :(

Abel's U2 is just immoral against 'Sim :lol
U2 sucks against Dhalsim. There are so many ways to adjust your jump trajectory to avoid it. Also, just be wary of Abel using U2 right as you do a fierce punch, but hell, in that case U1 would still work just as well.

Abel should stick with U1 against Sim. Against scrubby Abels online, do a meaty yoga flame on wakeup and watch them U2 right into the armor break.

Also, Shangrila Abel out of rolls and do it if you can reliably read a tornado throw.

Yoshichan said:
Rush that shit down. Focus the limbs, get close, start the mixups, and don't let up.

Morris

Disco Devil
Worst Matchups as Dudley:
-FUCKING HONDA. He totally counters my playstyle, and I lose my cool if I get headbutted just once...
-Bipson.
-Dhalsim.
-Chun

And this probably isn't that bad of a matchup but:
-VIPER. Yo Seph, i'm still salty as hell :c

Imm0rt4l said:
the top psn players thread on srk is stupid as hell, but it's my favorite thread there. HAV just swinging his dick around judging the lot of psn as garbage whether he wins or loses. Shit turned into an elitist circle jerk, with HAV in the center of it all. Shit is hilarious.

Man I love that thread, it started off so innocent with PS3 players telling each other who they thought were good. Then it spiraled into what it is now and is so much more entertaining.

As for me, I play Ryu and these are the characters I normally experience the most trouble with.

Rose: She out zones me so easily, reflect sends my own fireballs my way, absorb gives her Super in like 5 seconds, and 2 back dashes almost forces the game to full screen. And most Rose players know the spacing for Soul Spiral so it's a safe and very annoying poke.

Dhalsim: Don't need to say much, Daigo's 2 long sets of extreme frustration against Sabin and Mochi kind of tell the story already.

Balrog: Better footsies and armored specials gives me all kinds of trouble. When I score a knockdown, I rush that ass down. But it's not easy to do, plus his weird jump arc, strange hit box, high priority j. HK and cr. HP just adds to the problems I already had with him when I'm up against someone decent.

Guile: Booms keep up with Ryu's fireball from full screen and I flat out lose in close range fireball trades as I'll eat a backfist. As everybody knows he's hard to get in on once the lead is lost.

Honda: Similar story to Guile, except that I feel I lose this one more do to my play style and not because Honda is a hard counter for Ryu. I try to take the initiative and go after the Honda player, but then I eat a lot of damage for it and then I get down back'd to death.

hitsugi

SephirothRK said:
I find it hard getting to adjust to the 360 version, my lp to hands with honda doesn't want to come out for some reason.

yeah.. there IS some kind of a difference, right? 360 is quicker or?

played it for the first time at my friends house recently and I was messing STUPID shit up. figured it was just his TV though.

Siesa-mo-boom!

how goood does it feel to be back from a cold-hearted ban? feels really good man! hoped SF-GAF missed me! :D

Miragith, i'll take you before the end of today, I have no access my PS3 right now.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
hitsugi said:
yeah.. there IS some kind of a difference, right? 360 is quicker or?

played it for the first time at my friends house recently and I was messing STUPID shit up. figured it was just his TV though.
360 version is 1 frame faster than PS3 version (ie, PS3 has 1 extra frame of inherent input lag). Add the various lag from different TV models to that and... every setup ends up feeling really different. ^^;

Imm0rt4l

Rice-Eater said:
Man I love that thread, it started off so innocent with PS3 players telling each other who they thought were good. Then it spiraled into what it is now and is so much more entertaining.

As for me, I play Ryu and these are the characters I normally experience the most trouble with.

Rose: She out zones me so easily, reflect sends my own fireballs my way, absorb gives her Super in like 5 seconds, and 2 back dashes almost forces the game to full screen. And most Rose players know the spacing for Soul Spiral so it's a safe and very annoying poke.

Dhalsim: Don't need to say much, Daigo's 2 long sets of extreme frustration against Sabin and Mochi kind of tell the story already.

Balrog: Better footsies and armored specials gives me all kinds of trouble. When I score a knockdown, I rush that ass down. But it's not easy to do, plus his weird jump arc, strange hit box, high priority j. HK and cr. HP just adds to the problems I already had with him when I'm up against someone decent.

Guile: Booms keep up with Ryu's fireball from full screen and I flat out lose in close range fireball trades as I'll eat a backfist. As everybody knows he's hard to get in on once the lead is lost.

Honda: Similar story to Guile, except that I feel I lose this one more do to my play style and not because Honda is a hard counter for Ryu. I try to take the initiative and go after the Honda player, but then I eat a lot of damage for it and then I get down back'd to death.

yea then HAV comes along and picks apart every name that gets dropped giving his assessment of who's 'ok' and who's trash. Whats funny is that he says that he himself isn't very good so beating him doesn't give any sort of credibility to a player, so it's a lose lose with that guy.

HAV: Jewelman is trash who plays like an online honda, so I don't give him much respect, nvm whether he's beaten me before or not, he's wack.

Jewelman: well we're going to be at the same tournament soon, how bout a money match?

HAV: no, you're not on my radar lol, you're a bad online player and I won't give you a chance to prove me wrong lol.

srk is so stupid sometimes. I love the thread though lol

Imm0rt4l said:
yea then HAV comes along and picks apart every name that gets dropped giving his assessment of who's 'ok' and who's trash. Whats funny is that he says that he himself isn't very good so beating him doesn't give any sort of credibility to a player, so it's a lose lose with that guy.

HAV: Jewelman is trash who plays like an online honda, so I don't give him much respect, nvm whether he's beaten me before or not, he's wack.

Jewelman: well we're going to be at the same tournament soon, how bout a money match?

HAV: no, you're not on my radar lol, your an a bad online player and I won't give you a chance to prove me wrong lol.

srk is so stupid sometimes. I love the thread though lol

Sadly considering who that is concerning I am not surprised lol.

Axis

Satyamdas said:
You really don't want to turtle too much as Chun vs. Sim, maybe after getting a life lead but not as a general strategy. I think Sim has the advantage if Chun turtles, but if she presses w/ a smart offense the matchup is in her favor. Much like Cammy, Chun's mixup game hurts Sim hard for making even one bad guess, although Chun has a harder time getting in to start her offense.

Cammy
Rufus
Abel

These HAVE to be 3-7 matchups for Sim. It is so demoralizing to zone them out, poke well, and dominate a round for 60 seconds, only to have one combo completely negate that effort and either stun or kill you. Or to make a mistake early in the round and have them on top of you nonstop. The thing they all have in common is a pressure game that will eventually break through Sim's defense, since he has no dp type move to make them scared while rushing him down. Teleporting and backdashing are virtually useless and can end up hurting more than helping.

Viper
Akuma

4-6 for Sim. Almost as bad as the above, but with just a few weaker areas in their offense which allows Sim to get away and reset things. Still an uphill battle every time.

lol@dhalsim scrub, stop playing!

and thanks for the tips, same stuff you told me first time we played :D

eissan

okay what the fuck can I do as a ryu against cammy when she gets in? seriously I am getting stomped by all cammy's the moment they get in(killa sasa and rawkus take about .5 seconds to get in on me...fml).

is my only option to block until they fuck up? seriously no clue what to do besides try to zone her out so she cant just get in for free and punish mistakes.

Satyamdas said:

Cammy
Rufus
Abel

Viper
Akuma

You wanna know demoralizing? Getting double perfected by certain Dhalsims when you use Dudley. Maybe I'll just start subbing Cammy again.

I hate to have to do this right after taking a spot, but I'm going to have to give up my slot for next week's Ranbats to whoever wants it.

My xbox has been freezing a lot lately, and I just got home and it won't even turn on anymore. It's in an open area, the power supply is elevated and the damn thing is just plain dead. Sigh.

Morro! said:
Worst Matchups as Dudley:
-FUCKING HONDA. He totally counters my playstyle, and I lose my cool if I get headbutted just once...
-Bipson.
-Dhalsim.
-Chun

And this probably isn't that bad of a matchup but:
-VIPER. Yo Seph, i'm still salty as hell :c

Once you get in, though, I'm freaking dead with my Dhalsim. :( ultimate zoning vs rtsd.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
You wanna know demoralizing? Getting double perfected by certain Dhalsims when you use Dudley. Maybe I'll just start subbing Cammy again.
Demoralizing might not be the right word, but what do you call it when you are immortalized in an avatar that looks like this:
yanV7.gif
Classless? :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Satyamdas said:
Demoralizing might not be the right word, but what do you call it when you are immortalized in an avatar that looks like this:
yanV7.gif
Classless? :lol
That's actually a pretty neat avatar.

I'm just glad that's you and not me lol :D <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom