• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome. Guess I can get some games in with you and the crew when you all come down.

And I just downloaded the trail for Melty Blood: AC to test it out, and I love how they don't allow you to change your buttons. My start and select buttons are attacks.:lol
Really hope it hits American retail somehow.

dragonballjoseph said:
That's awesome. Guess I can get some games in with you and the crew when you all come down.

And I just downloaded the trail for Melty Blood: AC to test it out, and I love how they don't allow you to change your buttons. My start and select buttons are attacks.:lol
1. dont play AC. its hella old.
2. I am the poorest member of TS and likely wont be going anywhere.

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
Hey, that HAV guy is a total scrub. He called out 2dTony once so 2d challenged him to a moenymatch and he wimped out like a little bitch. Seems like it's the same story with Jewelman too.

Jewel's goin to quakecon, so I assume HAV is too (that's the tourney referred to i guess?) I'd love to moneymatch HAV if he's done runnin.

I don't know what that thread is on SRK, so if someone could just copy and paste this post on there that would be awesome, thx.
the tournament they're talking about is seasons beatings

http://shoryuken.com/f315/top-online-players-psn-236135/index28.html

that's the thread if you wanna post up your challenge, I don't know if you're going to seasons beatings so I didn't copy/paste it.

Pandaman said:
my ps3 is broken.
your 2nd ps3 broke?

Gyrian

There is still space available in the PSN Ranbats.
We filled out the 3rd Pool last night, and started a 4th.

5 spaces still there for grabs; let's complete this, SSFIV GAF. :]

MrMephistoX

God's Beard said:
Guess you have to play GGPO now, too.

You too? Mine was off for repairs till yesterday: highly recommend Gophermods.com.

Anyway I broke down and got the 360 version and I have to say the PS3 online experience is vastly superior for me thanks to GAF chat. Even random ranked matches seem to be less of a rage quit hatemail fest.

Gyrian said:

I'd join but I'm kind of out of practice due to the reasons outlined above ;)

Gyrian said:

I'd joined this before, but I guess I need to make sure I have the rules all straight. How much time weekly do I have to dedicate to getting my fights in? Do I have to play everyday as well? I usually am free to play on weekends or maybe once/twice in the evening each week...I wanted to be in the PSN group!

Solune

dragonballjoseph said:

What are you talking about? You can change your buttons... You've got to reconfigure them at initialization, meaning before you start the game.
I mean.. its right there i don't know how you can miss it.
[Controller 1] [Controller 2] [Controller 3] [Controller 4]

MicVlaD said:
I was going to write that Boxer and Akuma aren't that bad for Dhalsim, but Renta kinda beat me to the punch. Both Ultra's are good against Balrog in one way or another so it might as well be a preference thing to some extent, but Shangri-la is a must against Akuma in my opinion.

You do have to be careful against Balrogs who know the match-up, however.

Boxer and Akuma may not be bad for you and Renta, but for me personally (which I recall is what _dementia asked us all initially), I'm still struggling with it.

I agree with you though, I've had more success so far using U2 against Akuma.
_dementia said:
sup SF gaf

what is your personal worst matchup?

Gyrian

MrMephistoX said:
I'd join but I'm kind of out of practice due to the reasons outlined above ;)

Pff, join in anyway; we'll keep playing until you're forged into some Chun Li weapon of wanton destruction. :]

captmcblack said:
I'd joined this before, but I guess I need to make sure I have the rules all straight. How much time weekly do I have to dedicate to getting my fights in? Do I have to play everyday as well? I usually am free to play on weekends or maybe once/twice in the evening each week...I wanted to be in the PSN group!

Make sure to read the OP in the thread @ Online sub forum.

In short, once the ranking begins, it's only one fight per week.
It's your responsibility to organize and play that fight. It should be possible to come to an arrangement with your opponent.
There is a significant amount of time for it. Worst case scenario, one of you is a no-show and the other person gets points, or you both fail to have the fight and no one gets points.

Solune said:
What are you talking about? You can change your buttons... You've got to reconfigure them at initialization, meaning before you start the game.
I mean.. its right there i don't know how you can miss it.
[Controller 1] [Controller 2] [Controller 3] [Controller 4]
Oh. Those are there aren't they?

>_>

explodet

As Hakan, my win percentage against Balrog and Guile are probably the worst. Honestly, any charge character with a good anti-air I have issues with... if you crouch you can counter a blocked oil slide, and oil dives will miss. Shotos are a little easier to deal with, but that may only because I've had way more practice against them. One of my proudest victories was against Vega (OCH'd him 3 times) who usually destroys me.

My win percentage against Akuma is surprisingly high, I blame his low stamina and that a lot of them play keep-away even when I've got the life lead. EX-oil Slides underneath Shakunetsus are good times. Same with Cammy, if they hesitate in rushdowns I can capitalize pretty nicely. I've squeaked by experienced Cammys by punishing blocked/wiffed moves and applying the occasional air throw, they've got good range.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I've been running into some good Hakans on PSN. Nice to see people putting the time in with him. Always an entertaining fight.

I feel bad though because when I'm able to beat good Hakan players I never feel like I won because I out-played them but because Hakan has such limited tools.

nerdjosh
momochi
Sako
buktooth
jibbo
elitezeus

Right, I'll be on the lookout for these players. I'm thinking about getting back into SSFIV, and I need the most BlazBlue-like character in the cast. From what I can see, that's Ibuki, so I need to know what my playstyle will look like.

Makoto and Dudley look like a blast, too, but I'm not so sure about them. How are the 3s Characters doing on the tournament scene?

Thanks a lot, fellas!

ACE 1991

AkumaHokoru said:
I might...not quite sure. im getting money on thursday but i kinda need it.

Gotcha. I've never been to a tournament before, and it seems like some pretty big names are attending so it could be lots of fun.

Dexa

Banned
140.85 said:
PSN is...weird. I NEVER see Rufus players. Do people hate him now?
rufus sucks against online dp spam/reversal bullshit.

i like to play him in player matches :)

FlightOfHeaven said:
Makoto and Dudley look like a blast, too, but I'm not so sure about them. How are the 3s Characters doing on the tournament scene?
not really well - most top players seem to switch back to their old characters in the progress of a tourney.

XenoRaven

FlightOfHeaven said:
nerdjosh
momochi
Sako
buktooth
jibbo
elitezeus

Right, I'll be on the lookout for these players. I'm thinking about getting back into SSFIV, and I need the most BlazBlue-like character in the cast. From what I can see, that's Ibuki, so I need to know what my playstyle will look like.

Thanks a lot, fellas!
Seth?

I don't know anything about BB, but I know when I watch it I see people flying all over the screen with 40% hp juggle combos. That's what Seth does.

Dexa

Banned
XenoRaven said:
Seth?

I don't know anything about BB, but I know when I watch it I see people flying all over the screen with 40% hp juggle combos. That's what Seth does.
viper would be way more fitting - with with all the SJC stuff going on. wacky limbs are not in bbs alley :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FlightOfHeaven said:
nerdjosh
momochi
Sako
buktooth
jibbo
elitezeus

Thanks a lot, fellas!

Jibbo may not be playing much for a while- he's enlisting last I heard.

McNum

Is there a way to improve your execution under fire? I took my Zangief online again, and I'm messing up 360s far more than I should. Like a 30% success rate on SPDs. Then I go into Training and perform 10 in a row. Or is it just one of those things were I'll have to keep playing and after 100 fights as Zangief, I'll have learned it?

Also, I got my first ragequit! Hooray! That's also a victory! (At least in my book it is.) He would have won, too, had he stayed. Is there some penalty for disconnecting in SSFIV? Just curious, I finish my fights, losing is fun when I learn why. And if I quit, I won't get a replay to study.

I should probably look into a secondary soon, though. A quick one. I like the Red Cyclone, but he's pretty slow. Got messed up by a Vega that was all over the place.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Another lowered tiered tournament match! Scrub versions of Shizza and Justin Wong going at it!

Dave1988 vs Ploid 3.0.
Dave1988 wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

In other news. There may be another LIVE tournament if the GAF Weekly is successful. Based on performances in GAF Weekly, Captains will be chosen and go through a process to choose their two players for the next Team Tournament.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
MicVlaD said:
Shangri-la is a must against Akuma in my opinion.
Are you using Shangrila as more of a punish move, or are you able to consistently bait a jump in or poorly spaced demon flip?

I keep trying to use Shangrila against the Akumas I play, but for some reason, I keep whiffing Shangrila when I'm trying to counter a demon flip, especially when they do it real deep. At least with ultra 1, if Akuma demon flip>kicks or fireballs right in my face, catastrophe will trade, but still hit him.

I also seem to have more success with throwing out a catastrophe when Akuma is knocked down, and trying to guess which way he's gonna teleport.

I still think, though, that shangrila can potentially be better against Akuma, but I dunno, I can't seem to land it consistently.

Platy

Been a while that i don't enter here ... so ... any leak/news/rumor about the new chars from the arcade version ?

Super Leak 4 made me a spoiled gamer =(

gutabo

I have seen lots of people complaining about Guy and yelling that he's a bad character, yet I fail to see what's so bad in him... care to enlight me please?

Thanks in advance!

Platy said:
Been a while that i don't enter here ... so ... any leak/news/rumor about the new chars from the arcade version ?

Super Leak 4 made me a spoiled gamer =(

Six new characters supposedly, Ono tweeted about R. Mika today, and Rolento was planned for SSFIV but didn't make the cut. Rumors are flying around about Elena as well. That's about it for now.

gutabo said:
I have seen lots of people complaining about Guy and yelling that he's a bad character, yet I fail to see what's so bad in him... care to enlight me please?

Thanks in advance!

The number one problem is that alot of his moves are unsafe on block.

Wiseblade

gutabo said:

Thanks in advance!

It's not really that he's bad IMO, just that he doesn't have any of the things that makes a character obviously good.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gutabo said:

Thanks in advance!

I think it's a poor ground game in his case combined with a poor jump.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
gutabo said:

Thanks in advance!

Well for one thing his EX moves decide to randomly not work.

ElFly

Even in the Alpha series Guy wasn't stellar, but at least he had ok specials.

But in 4, his specials seem to have too much delay and recovery.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Dartastic said:
Due to my latest Makoto irritations, I've started Chun. I really like her! What should I really focus on with her?

I'm a scrub but I would say:

- focus on knowing her normals really well since hers are very strong.
- She has a great backdash - abuse it, lol. Also if you are comfortable focusing stuff she has one of the best.
- learn all the setups for Ultra II as it is is very useful. (i.e., 2xshort -> EX LL, etc.)
- Her anti-air game is weak (well, its highly contextual). Familiarize yourself with what work at what distance and save your meter for EX SBK
- if you are good at links (im not) jabx3 + st.FP can rack up damage pretty quick.
- she has a floaty jump so try to stay grounded as much as possible. Shes strongest at mid-range (dem pokes)
- hazanshu charging turtles :D
- zone with kikkoken (LP version and then walk behind it)

Got a message on PSN today after beating a flowchart Ryu.
"Are you always playing that boring"

Yeah, sorry for not running into your mashed our reversal DPs :lol

Threi said:
how in the fuck is this considered scrub level play?

Must have something to do with the BGM :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom