• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caj814

Solune

Lost Fragment said:
Makoto's place on the tier list is debatable. But judging from these posts, the reason you lose so often with Makoto has more to do with you than it does with the character because 75% of the stuff you're saying about her is wrong.

About Makoto? I thought it was just wrong in general.

jlai

Caj814 said:
Makoto(Caj814) Xbox Live Misc Battles Parts 1-6.I also time tagged the characters I fought.Still got a lot more replays from June-August left.Along with my Makoto attracting a crapload of Ibuki players recently :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Z_UJcYAnI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWEpjQW-TW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAv4kLVQXks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rja3A4wMRlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMbACYB6Jw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwiaG60G5Tg

I would definitely try to use the overhead more. When I play her I like to apply alot of pressure so them holding down-back really hurts them

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I went out to Arcade UFO tonight in Austin, TX and had a blast. I think it's going to ruin online play for me from now on. My execution was soooooo much better than playing online, it was a night and day difference. I would say that about 90% of the time I was execute what I was thinking in my head! :D

Great day of Street Fighting for me. Won about 20 games at the Arcade tonight and hit 5000 BP. :)

Caj814

jlai said:
I would definitely try to use the overhead more. When I play her I like to apply alot of pressure so them holding down-back really hurts them

I use it a bit more now than what those replays show along with more feints.I try not to do it too much though since if they predict it,you can get knocked out of it or thrown out of it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
Dude, you can't say you were in "dumb mode" or that you were "unfocused" every time someone wins the majority of the matches. :lol Honestly, the other night, you were playing no differently than you ever have. I'm just finally taking advantage of the opportunities you give me. Option selecting a sweep in since you like to back dash during virtually ever wake-up situation, I'm using focuses better since you'll recklessly throw out a lot of pokes/hazanshu that are focus bait, I'm baiting/punishing your over guessing with EX SBK, I'm not stupidly trying things from up close that get tripped by your sweep and instead being a little more patient and just letting you do an unsafe close sweep that leaves you open for a punish, I'm somehow actually blocking your hazanshus now, and punishing a lot of your jumps with EX wall dives since I've realized trying to use Scarlet Terror on our connection usually results in a trade that is in your favor. :( That's all combined with things I've added to my game. Plus I've been getting a lot of practice against Chun lately! :D

It's true, most of the time I lose my mind just wanders off. Of course it's not obviously every time but yesterday I wasn't coming up with any counters. I guess that predictable way of playing has stuck with me. Need to shake off that or I'll keep losing. Backdashing is this pretty nasty habit I got from when I started playing SF and since it's usually a jail-free card I tend to overuse it and get predictable. I'll get my revenge pretty soon, I am in leveling up process at the moment. =P. It's things like these that wake you up and realize you are fucking up somewhere so its really appreciated.

BotoxAgent said:
Relix's Chun is scrub tier confirmed :lol :lol

by hitsugi's standards ;-)

:lol :lol :lol

Kadey said:
Another tourney match is up. Hmmmmmmm....cake is good. Good stuff.

Gyrian vs Acid08.
Gyrian wins 2-1
Match one
Match two
Match three

-=looks at Juri statue=- He wants you so bad.

Deejay's jumping RH, whether forward or backwards is one of the best air to air moves. I know it works wonders on fatboy Rufus.
Whoever wins that fucking statue is a fucking dead man.

I'm enjoying the Scrub matches. Pro play is a marvel, yes, but I'm far too amused by seeing someone's day ruined by seemingly random fits of offense. Keep that shit comin'.

CPS2

http://www.examiner.com/x-13078-Xbox-360-Examiner~y2010m8d12-Why-fighting-games-suck
Is this Coolio?
ava2.jpg

SoulFist

My xbox seems to be working fine now, so if anyone wants to get some matches in sometime, feel free to add me. GT: SoulFist7. I'm not sure if I'm a scrub or not(most likely am.:p) but I'll play any skill levels.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God, when will people ever get bored of Chess? It's just the same six classes in the same layout on the same level every single game, with only a perfunctory tech tree. Most everyone just pawn rushes anyway.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Hitokage said:
God, when will people ever get bored of Chess? It's just the same six classes in the same layout on the same level every single game, with only a perfunctory tech tree. Most everyone just pawn rushes anyway.

:lol

Joekage

Axis said:
his rufus jumps way too much

he also wants you to know that you're free or w/e he said in that message to me earlier. he seems like a bit of a dick :p
Haha yeah he is but he's a good player when he's not messing around and doing stupid shit. He gets salty alot though like now he's saying he didn't even really try against you guys haha. It's always a laugh with him though xD. Also I agree his Rufus jumps way too much lol.

Nose Master

Anyone around right now that plays on PSN and can play a decent Rog? My friend needs practice in the matchup. Rog and Gief are starting to saturate our "scene." :lol Plays Blanka, btw. Hence the need to practice the unfavored matchup. jpduffman on PSN. <3!

SmokeMaxX

Nose Master said:
Anyone around right now that plays on PSN and can play a decent Rog? My friend needs practice in the matchup. Rog and Gief are starting to saturate our "scene." :lol Plays Blanka, btw. Hence the need to practice the unfavored matchup. jpduffman on PSN. <3!
BAD matchup. Use frame traps a lot. It'll eat up Balrogs trying to interrupt your stuff with cr. jab.

Axis

Joekage said:
Haha yeah he is but he's a good player when he's not messing around and doing stupid shit. He gets salty alot though like now he's saying he didn't even really try against you guys haha. It's always a laugh with him though xD. Also I agree his Rufus jumps way too much lol.

he's pretty good otherwise. made me hate the rufus/chun matchup

Papi

Morro! said:
:lol :lol :lol

Wow. Loved the ''Counter a dragon uppercut with a fireball'' part.
Well, many people often say that a move beats another move clean, even though it all depends on timing and spacing.

I'm really starting to find it strange that when Ryu is such a great character; why is it you rarely, if ever face any actual good ones regardless of their pp/bp.

Grifter

corky, i'm up, gt - grifter 181

haven't played in a while... is there a reason why the "gaf sfiv" account blocked his friend's list?

edit: uhh... why is there a second thread?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Grifter said:

haven't played in a while... is there a reason why the "gaf sfiv" account blocked his friend's list?

hey man, I'll add you in a couple of moments, some dudes gonna come and buy my wii :D, after that I'm all game...until we realize that the lagg is soo bad that I cuddle up in a corner and weep.

Grifter said:

Something went on with XBL or Xbox.com a while ago, so some of those FoF accounts were 'blocked' until someone logged into them again.

CPS2 said:

"Fighters don't really take any skill to play, either. A lot of people probably would disagree with this statement and admittedly, I am personally bad at fighters but only because I have no interest at all in playing them. Being "good" at fighters isn't so much about actually having skill as it is having experience with the game and memorizing all of a character's techniques (which can be a ridiculously lengthy list). Once you can perform any technique at will, the only thing you need to do to become "good" is play the game enough to learn what beats what. Then, when your opponent performs a Dragon Uppercut you know you have to counter with a Fireball immediately. This isn't skill at the actual game, it's just memorization of a rock, paper, scissors mechanic."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Winning at Counter Strike requires you to know that every time your opponent shows himself, you have to counter with a headshot immediately. Classic memorization of the rock-paper-scissors knowledge, and nothing to do with the player's skill.

God Beard I am assuming you main Dudley. If you run into any good Ryus can you save the replay? (And then invite (PSN?) or upload)

My friend uses a pretty good Dudley, and am trying to learn how to beat him.

I haven't been able to find too many youtube videos on this matchup.

Found a good one with Daigo and a pretty good Dudley.

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
Winning at Counter Strike requires you to know that every time your opponent does a headshot, you have to counter with a knife immediately. Classic memorization of the rock-paper-scissors knowledge, and nothing to do with the player's skill.

Fixed that for you.

at least, that's about as ridiculous as what he was saying

bigmit3737 said:
God Beard I am assuming you main Dudley. If you run into any good Ryus can you save the replay? (And then invite (PSN?) or upload)

My friend uses a pretty good Dudley, and am trying to learn how to beat him.

I haven't been able to find too many youtube videos on this matchup.

Found a good one with Daigo and a pretty good Dudley.

I would, but my xbox is broken.

I don't fight too many Roofies, but cFP is a pain in the ass. Dive Kicks aren't really a big problem, and snake strike isn't something I think about because I never really like to jump. I guess you just have to fight it out, and try to keep him out of the mixup range. Watch out for counter hit RH, though.

Seth Killian likes to compare SF4 to poker. You can make safe bets or risky bets and predict what your opponent is going to do or try to fake them out. And there's the technical layer on top of that, having the timing and reaction skills to pull off a complicated series of inputs at the right time and location.

So uh yeah.. that examiner article is BS.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
mjemirzian said:
Seth Killian likes to compare SF4 to poker. You can make safe bets or risky bets and predict what your opponent is going to do or try to fake them out. And there's the technical layer on top of that, having the timing and reaction skills to pull off a complicated series of inputs at the right time and location.

It's a good comparison. One of my friends in fighters told me due to my execution skills, I'd probably be better off playing poker- but I just don't like it.

Grifter- 2nd thread came because the 1st thread got too big, and was slowing down GAF (along with some other threads)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
David Sirlin and Chess.

Enough said.

robot

Finally had the chance to get back into the game, and damn there are some really good players online. Lots of stuff to learn from. Played some crazy Dudleys and a Guy today, and a pretty decent Gen.

While I usually switch characters every match (an old habit from playing with friends), I'll probably just stick with Bison online. He's a blast to play with. If anyone on here plays as Bison and has any tips, send em my way. The challenges in the game are mostly comboc I'll never be able to do (I'm stuck at #11) but the guide had some really good tips. I just need to lay off that HK sweep - people see it coming from a mile away and I get blasted as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom