• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
I also notice that kakthinfected is still playing the game, I would have played some against you(if you're reading this) but it was getting late and I had to go to sleep.

I was actually on Super :p

Ysiadmihi said:
I was actually on Super :p

But you showed up on my friends list when I was playing last night or was I seeing things? And change your freaking name to something people can pronounce and remember. I still get headaches when I see your GAF name.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
But you showed up on my friends list when I was playing last night or was I seeing things? And change your freaking name to something people can pronounce and remember. I still get headaches when I see your GAF name.

My GFW and Xbox tag is the same thing. I was actually hoping you had Super for 360 when I saw you come online :lol

Oh that's right, I completely forgot about how people with GFW and Xbox Live can see each other. I saw your name, but never even bothered to check out what you were playing because I was planning on sleeping soon.

Oh well maybe we can get some vanilla action some other time. And since Lost Planet 2 is coming to PC, maybe it's only a matter of time until SSF4 comes to PC.

explodet

140.85 said:
My scrubby Chun is now B-rank!

Grinding, lol. Still stuck around 1200PP ><
*thbpt* My Hakan hit B rank yesterday, and I'm at 800PP.
But then again, I lost a TON of ranked matches with Dudley and Fuerte - especially Fuerte.

I also tried some endless for the first time last night... the first one was a room where 3 other players were just Ryu. I thought to hell with that, I get enough Ryu in Ranked. The second one had 2 others and I almost won my match but then my opponent disconnected. The other guy left too. Double ragequit!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Satyamdas said:
UGGHHHHH. I never like watching vids of myself but dude that was painful. A few of my executional errors were due to the lag that would pop up every now and then, but there is no excuse for my shitty decision making. So many stupid and risky moves (like HK slides and level 3 focuses, ugh), horrible defense, too much jumping, etc. I've been in a huge slump lately, playing very poorly, and these matches are a perfect example of it. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I'm gonna take this, loop it, and make it my avatar.

Articate

Banned
So I changed from Ken to Ryu (haters gonna hate) and that, combined with some more training, I've been finding myself with a whole lot more joy with playing SSFIV. Waiting for my TE stick, still. But, before I used to find myself always drawing the shortest straw when the rounds were coming to a close. Now, for some reason or other, I've started pulling the longest straw and/or completely beating opponents.

I feel my fundamentals are what have become stronger. I still can't punish my opponents with the most insane combos, but I poke, I take some life, I learn. I mean, I can barely shoryuken -> FADC -> Metsu Hadouken, so I reckon I'll be winning even more matches once I get that stuff down. But I'll rather wait till my stick comes with training hard on stuff like that. I know the theory, now it just needs to be a shoulder reflex.

Threi said:
so i heard you got put on blast by DBJ

...and it got recorded and posted on YT

:p

Mad editing on this single post...FUCK, I'm rusty at posting. :p

I uploaded a match with me against his DP spamming Ryu, which I barely won.

As far as his Bipson goes, I have yet to beat it. :(

I haven't played him or any of the regulars in here in awhile. I have been trucking through Ranked however. I've been meeting some good quality comp in there.

Articate said:
So I changed from Ken to Ryu (haters gonna hate) and that, combined with some more training, I've been finding myself with a whole lot more joy with playing SSFIV. Waiting for my TE stick, still. But, before I used to find myself always drawing the shortest straw when the rounds were coming to a close. Now, for some reason or other, I've started pulling the longest straw and/or completely beating opponents.

I feel my fundamentals are what have become stronger. I still can't punish my opponents with the most insane combos, but I poke, I take some life, I learn. I mean, I can barely shoryuken -> FADC -> Metsu Hadouken, so I reckon I'll be winning even more matches once I get that stuff down. But I'll rather wait till my stick comes with training hard on stuff like that. I know the theory, now it just needs to be a shoulder reflex.

:D I'm doing the same exact thing. I'm using Ryu as well. I am learning spacing and anti-airing.
Learning to use my normals.

I have held off on the combos and FADC Ultra. Learning to Poke first and hit confirm.

black_vegeta said:
Mad editing on this single post...FUCK, I'm rusty at posting. :p

I uploaded a match with me against his DP spamming Ryu, which I barely won.

As far as his Bipson goes, I have yet to beat it. :(

I haven't played him or any of the regulars in here in awhile. I have been trucking through Ranked however. I've been meeting some good quality comp in there.
I have a replay for your channel. It's of Tokido getting blown up by a Viper, despite almost getting a perfect first round.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
~Devil Trigger~ said:
I don't watch a lot of these pro matches, but Sanford's Viper is strong. Viper is the one character in this game I wish I had perfect execution with. Just such a joy to behold when done right.

Also, some of the commentary was pretty great. "Walk that bitch down!"

Masamuna

XenoRaven said:
I'm all for high level play, but after like tha fourth reset, you need to just start mashing that dp.

There was only one actual reset in that whole match. Unless one crossunder and a few Hayate feint/kara ticks count as resets now.

And I bet the one reset he did do was because he fumbled IA tsurugi post FA crumple. I wish I'd thought of that sooner XD

EDIT - Thinking about it i'm probably just arguing semantics. But as to why the seth player didn't mash that DP I would have to guess that these two have played before at some point. He probably was already preconditioned beforehand, hence why after that one DP whiffed on wakeup he was perpetually mind fucked.

Lol, giving that much respect definitely does make Mak look really good though I guess.

Question: anyone willing to look up some vids for of US / JP Dhalsim's facing the following characters? Those with insightful commentary would also be a plus, though not necessary by default. Preferably today as well.

- Honda
- Balrog (Boxer)
- Rufus
- Viper
- Ibuki
- Juri

I know what to do against 'em to some extent (some more than others admittedly), but I'd like to see how the general flow is at high-level play and maybe pick up a few things I may have overlooked before. I'd search for 'em myself, but I'll be travelling today to attend a relatively big tournament so I need to get some stuff ready in the mean time. Thanks.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
MicVlaD said:
Question: anyone willing to look up some vids for of US / JP Dhalsim's facing the following characters? Those with insightful commentary would also be a plus, though not necessary by default. Preferably today as well.

- Honda
- Balrog (Boxer)
- Rufus
- Viper
- Ibuki
- Juri

I know what to do against 'em to some extent (some more than others admittedly), but I'd like to see how the general flow is at high-level play and maybe pick up a few things I may have overlooked before. I'd search for 'em myself, but I'll be travelling to attend a relatively big tournament today so I need to get some stuff ready in the mean time. Thanks.

i think there's enough Iyo and Sabin vids out there vs the best of these characters.

though Iyo only played Vanilla

Satyamdas

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
i think there's enough Iyo and Sabin vids out there vs the best of these characters.

though Iyo only played Vanilla
Not true, Iyo is wrecking shop on XBL w/ Sim and Ibuki. He has like 15K w/ Sim and 20K w/ Ibuki. Dude is a machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gH1IC5HPI <<< No schadenfreude here, but seeing the master struggle against a Ken makes me feel a little less salty about my troubles w/ Eva01 and my boy lilsicx. There is another replay of Iyo getting completely demolished by a Dudley but I won't post that one out of respect. :p

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I got a blanka player mad salty somehow. Was in endless and he picks his blanka and I messed up with Jury. So I pick blanka next round (mirror) and he beats me. Pick blanka again and beat him. Same thing next match and I still beat him. He picks Jury and I destroy him with blanka lol. Dude drops.
Feels good to give them a taste of their own medicine haha.

AAK

I honestly start with the trials and try to get as many combo's down as I can. I know a lot of them are useless, but they're a start.

Ibuki looks a little challenging to play as. The target combo's alone take a really long time to get down.

After that it's all about spacing (footsies) I guess and keeping your cool and knowing what you're doing throughout the match.

MIMIC

Banned
Kaako said:
I got a blanka player mad salty somehow. Was in endless and he picks his blanka and I messed up with Jury. So I pick blanka next round (mirror) and he beats me. Pick blanka again and beat him. Same thing next match and I still beat him. He picks Jury and I destroy him with blanka lol. Dude drops.

Using 12 people at once is cheating!

Rarely does that happen to me (when someone uses Fuerte after I've used him). Either they're OK, or they absolutely suck. Once, some guy who was new to Street Fighter (apparently) picked Fuerte after I destroyed him with mine. He spent the entire match running. :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
MIMIC said:
Using 12 people at once is cheating!

Rarely does that happen to me (when someone uses Fuerte after I've used him). Either they're OK, or they absolutely suck. Once, some guy who was new to Street Fighter (apparently) picked Fuerte after I destroyed him with mine. He spent the entire match running. :lol
Haha fucked up the spelling. Fuerte is a bitch if you don't know the matchup (me usually lol). I'm pretty scrubby at this game so it made it even funnier. I could tell he was salty just by the way he was playing. He went full on rage mode at the end and unleashed ex everything but I kept blocking and ex balling his ass. Fuuuuck blankaaa.
Finaika said:
Hello guys, I just got this game. I'm trying to main Ikubi, but I kinda suck at it. How can I get better at this?
Take beatings like a champ and have patience. Learn her target combos and mix-ups. Practice, practice, practice. What do I know though, I'm just a scrub...

Imm0rt4l

God's Beard said:
I WANNA FUCKING PLAY STREET FIGHTER 4

WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE XBOX

wise... fwom your.. gw

gwa..

gw...

*crying*
I've been ssf4less for more than a month x_x

*practices gouken combos blockstrings with phantom pad in hand

Imm0rt4l said:
I've been ssf4less for more than a month x_x

*practices gouken combos blockstrings with phantom pad in hand

I associate Gouken with air juggles more than actual combos *though come to think of it I guess that does count as a combo lol*. But that's me :p

Imm0rt4l

stabicron7 said:
I associate Gouken with air juggles more than actual combos *though come to think of it I guess that does count as a combo lol*. But that's me :p
Nothing like HP gohadouken into dashpalm/ denjin hadouken/shin sho.

I associate gouken with being the worst boss character in the game :/, but being mad fun though

Kaako said:

Why do you think he was salty? Could have just ran out of time.

AAK said:
Ibuki looks a little challenging to play as. The target combo's alone take a really long time to get down.

Target combos are easy to do because they require no skill for the timing. Just memorize and you're done.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
Nothing like HP gohadouken into dashpalm/ denjin hadouken/shin sho.

I associate gouken with being the worst boss character in the game :/, but being mad fun though

well it's between him, seth, and akuma.... and in my opinion seth and akuma take him out in the fun area as welll

Imm0rt4l

hitsugi said:
well it's between him, seth, and akuma.... and in my opinion seth and akuma take him out in the fun area as welll
yea I guess it's preference as far as fun is concerned, I like Gouken. I think Seth and Akuma have better tools all around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom