• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger uppercut said:
you're welcome. :)
Xbox is completely dead now ;_;

A small taste of freedom, and a shot in the back.

3rd Strike has forced proper execution back into me. I was going to return from my training in the mountains a changed man :-(

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
Xbox is completely dead now ;_;

A small taste of freedom, and a shot in the back.

3rd Strike has forced proper execution back into me. I was going to return from my training in the mountains a changed man :-(
Proper execution in SSF4? Why bother when you can mash any reversal and plink every single thing you do? Well I guess plinking IS proper..

Now you have a diffcult decision to make. Buy your console again because it was built to break, or join us on PSN with PSNs awesome lag free netplay

Wiseblade

Since I can't really sleep right now I thought i might as well give a SVB update.

MicVlaD, Soneet and myself are the only Gaffers competing in Super AFAIK. All three of us made it out of our 5-man round robin groups, with MicVlad and Soneet topping their groups and me coming second.

My group
Infexious ( One of the top 5 ranking players in Manchester)
Myself
Unknown Guy player
Unknown Adon player
Unknown Boxer player

When I found out about my group I was sweating buckets because having Infexious in my group basically forced me to fight for second. Initially I wasn't that worried, but then I found out that he'd recently switched to Dictator as his main. Crap.

Wiseblade 2 - 1 Unknown Guy player
My first match of the day got off to a shaky start. I was doing okay, but getting really nervous and dropped three RSF opportunities. I won the first match and he switched to Ryu after reealising how badly he could have lost. He won the second game as I freaked out to being counterpicked. In the third I got my composure back and won nicely.

Wiseblade 2 - 0 Unknown Boxer player
He wasn't that good. It didn't hep he didn't know a single think about the matchup either. :/ I don't think he won a single match in the group.

Wiseblade 0 - 2 Infexious
I got beat down. He basically just herded me into the corner and back-forward motions to bait and punish crouch techs. Even when I got knockdowns I couldn't really capitalise on them because of Bison's escape options.

Wiseblade 2 - 0 Unknown Adon Player.
Was pretty good and smart about using Rising Jaguar sparingly. He I don't really know a ton about the matchup so I just did my basic stuff and hoped for the best.

My knockout rounds were supposed to start yesterday, but the tournament overran and they got moved to this evening. If I win my first round then I'm likely to face Kayane. :lol

Also... There a 5v5 SSFIV tournament today that MicVlaD and myself are in. WorstGiefEver and I invited VlaD to join our team, but he rejected us for PR Balrog's team. So I officially deem him a Traitor to GAF. :D

DryEyeRelief said:
http://www.stickam.jp/profile/godsgarden

Does Japan have like...special internet or something?

Dem God Like interwebz!

Yo Lost Fragment, you're Ranbat fight is due TONIGHT!

WiseBlade said:
Also... There a 5v5 SSFIV tournament today that MicVlaD and myself are in. WorstGiefEver and I invited VlaD to join our team, but he rejected us for PR Balrog's team. So I officially deem him a Traitor to GAF. :D

<3

Wiseblade said:
Wiseblade 0 - 2 Infexious
I got beat down. He basically just herded me into the corner and back-forward motions to bait and punish crouch techs. Even when I got knockdowns I couldn't really capitalise on them because of Bison's escape options.
:D

GODSGARDEN said:
GODSGARDEN # 2.5 Timetable

August 21 (Sat.) - August 22 (Sun.)

Doors open 15:00

Team competition venue 16:00

17:00 GODSGARDEN # 2.5 Opening, Some Notes

17:30 GODSGARDEN # 2.5 Preliminaries start

19:00 preliminaries end

19:10 Women's Convention
19:20 Opening knockout, Some Notes

Start 19:30 Stage1

26:30 GODSGARDEN # 2.5 end tournament

26:30 Awards Ceremony Interview

Team competition 27:00

Event ends 28:00

No way in hell I'll make it till 3:30am PST for stage 1 to begin.

N4Us

Was working on C To Shining C today, took my scrubby Guile out to Ranked. First match I had was a 4000 BP mirror. Second one was a 7000 BP mirror. Fffffffffun.

It was kinda lol though when one of them tried to focus my Sonic Hurricane and got KO'd.

edit: So Sp00ky is streaming Godsgarden?

edit 222: Is there any sound in that stickam stream?

USD

I don't think Sp00ky is streaming it. I'm fine with the Stickam stream for the sexy framerate. :lol

Sound working fine now.

EDIT: Kokujin is retarded. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Stream is so gooooooooood. And that Guy player is really awesome. Showing me combos I never seen before. :D He beat the crap out of that Chun Li player. Tier lists. :lol

SmokeMaxX

Dexa said:
wait - a day in japan has more than 24 hours?
now that explains a lot :lol

Yeah I didn't get it either when I went to Japan. I still don't get it. I guess it's easier than saying "4AM the next day"?

Aedile

Looks like Stickam is still garbage for anything with 5000+ viewers. Wish they'd kept the Ustream mirror up instead of changing it to announcer cam.

Kadey said:
Stream is so gooooooooood. And that Guy player is really awesome. Showing me combos I never seen before. :D He beat the crap out of that Chun Li player. Tier lists. :lol

yeah man, Guy aint free! :D

Guy is hard to use, and I lose tons with him trying to learn him. But he's made me a better SF player through my growing pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom