• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

You guys suck for jumping on XBL after I head out. I'll be on later to rep the less used characters and Focus Attack every two seconds. ;)

Wiseblade

Spiderjericho said:
Challenge wise, it would have been better to attend God's Garden. But that fight money and being an ambassador are undeniable.
1zm1lqf.jpg

Wiseblade said:
Day 2 SVB report:

:D

So what's the deal? I saw the Daigo videos from day 1. He played like he normally does. PR Rog is looking beastly too.

And I'm sorry wiseblade, I don't watch anime. Is that a smh or a don't know. Daigo probably wouldn't have won God's Garden. Not trying to say Europe is free, as it's not but he's got a higher chance of winning there.

kineda via srk said:
ShadyOne sent in videos of Daigo Umehara's preliminary SSFIV matches at Super VS Battle 20-X. Daigo breezed through the first day competition and easily qualified for the Top 16 Finals which will take place tomorrow.

Also anyone have part two of the Daigo vs. Starnab match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F67FDpJiJsw&feature=player_embedded

MIMIC

Banned
To Ryu users:

Is it true that you can't perform "LP SRK > Ultra I" on a standing opponent unless you FADC? I was messing around in training mode and I found that if you do "Jumping HK > c.LP > c.MK > LP SRK" you can launch your opponent and recover very quickly...with more than enough time to perform the Ultra I.

To do this, I had to spam the LP SRK motion. Doing it without spamming doesn't work for some reason; it's just a regular LP SRK and it's impossible to juggle the opponent with the Ultra I.

If this information is already known, or if there is another way to "LP SRK > Ultra I" without FADCing, then disregard :)

eissan

Spiderjericho said:
So what's the deal? I saw the Daigo videos from day 1. He played like he normally does. PR Rog is looking beastly too.

And I'm sorry wiseblade, I don't watch anime. Is that a smh or a don't know. Daigo probably wouldn't have won God's Garden. Not trying to say Europe is free, as it's not but he's got a higher chance of winning there.

wow diago had a 48 game win streak!! jebus!

eissan

MIMIC said:
To Ryu users:

Is it true that you can't perform "LP SRK > Ultra I" on a standing opponent unless you FADC? I was messing around in training mode and I found that if you do "Jumping HK > c.LP > c.MK > LP SRK" you can launch your opponent and recover very quickly...with more than enough time to perform the Ultra I.

To do this, I had to spam the LP SRK motion. Doing it without spamming doesn't work for some reason; it's just a regular LP SRK and it's impossible to juggle the opponent with the Ultra I.

If this information is already known, or if there is another way to "LP SRK > Ultra I" without FADCing, then disregard :)

ultra 1 sucks :D use ultra 2...hahaha

Threi

notag
maybe its tiredness, maybe its the char, maybe its my skill level, but either way not a good day today of SF. I feel like every win isn't really earned, but due to matchup inexperience.

oh well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MIMIC said:
To Ryu users:

You can do it in the corner 100% of the time, also jab srk into super anywhere but the srk has to be deep.

MIMIC

Banned
Kadey said:
You can do it in the corner 100% of the time

Just a straight LP SRK on a standing opponent? It's not working for me.

Fake edit: You're right. Proper spacing and it's 100% executable. I was only doing SRK extremely close to the dummy, which is why it didn't work for me.

also jab srk into super anywhere but the srk has to be deep.

Yeah...super works. I just thought cool to see the "LP SRK > Ultra I" done without the use of meter.

Spiderjericho said:

Really, really, really good Fei Long. Pretty much took advantage of every single window of opportunity.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
20 wins in a row against randoms in endless with Makotoooo.

So how do you always end up in lobbies with top players, Greg? I wanna get by ass kicked my Mike Ross or someone :(

Lost Fragment said:
20 wins in a row against randoms in endless with Makotoooo.

So how do you always end up in lobbies with top players, Greg? I wanna get by ass kicked my Mike Ross or someone :(
Search lobbies.
I know Marn has been hosting games around 9 EST a lot.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
You can do it in the corner 100% of the time, also jab srk into super anywhere but the srk has to be deep.

hell, you can even do short hurricane kick into super mid screen on some people.. that super is insanely fast

So after blastin the first IPW tier list for super, I gotta say I agree with their most recent one a lot more though. One matchup that stuck out to me though was Sim-Rog 6-4 in sim's favor. In my experience I always felt like Rog had so many tools to get around Sim's zoning, along with jabs that were +4 on block to keep dhalsim locked down when he was in. Because of those things, I actually had Rog with the advantage in that matchup. Obviously, that was vanilla though, and I never touched that matchup in Super.

For the dhalsim/rog players here, do you agree that's a 6-4 matchup in Dhalsim's favor?

Kadey said:
People who haven't played their first bracket games yet. Poor Spidey is waiting for his opponent and the other two I see all the time so I don't think they want to be in the tournament. It's alright.

I'm thinking about making the random tournament Live. :D

I'll take a spot...

and wth? no more random tourney for PS3? *sadface*

FindMyFarms said:
So after blastin the first IPW tier list for super, I gotta say I agree with their most recent one a lot more though. One matchup that stuck out to me though was Sim-Rog 6-4 in sim's favor. In my experience I always felt like Rog had so many tools to get around Sim's zoning, along with jabs that were +4 on block to keep dhalsim locked down when he was in. Because of those things, I actually had Rog with the advantage in that matchup. Obviously, that was vanilla though, and I never touched that matchup in Super.

For the dhalsim/rog players here, do you agree that's a 6-4 matchup in Dhalsim's favor?

Its 6-4 sim because rog still needs meter to get in. the cost to get in vs the cost to keep out weighs the scales alot.

Joekage

GG's to all my PSN gaf chat crew. Pleasure to play with you guys again after so long. You guys really surprised me with your skill jump in these few weeks, had trouble with alot of you on numerous occasions. Makes me feel good to see everyone improving so drastically. I gotta put in more work or you'll all pass me up lol.

Sorry to all my XBL peeps who were waiting on me, ran into car trouble and wasn't able to make it to Chuvy's place to get on XBL. He called me telling me he decimated you guys, which if true, I am very disappointed xD. Also DBJ, I'm eager to hear about that cody reset still haha.

Floyd, damn you and your Dudley, I have to figure out a way to counter the endless onslaught of 3 frame jabs besides bingo, since that obviously doesn't work. Always nailbiters in our matches though, I love the Cody-Dudley matchup. So fun haha.

Also Eraldo, you get my nomination for most improved out of anybody. Your Rog is legit bro, just work on some finer aspects of his game and you'll be top tier in no time bro. Sorry for leaving so abruptly, my ps3 froze and I had spaghetti waiting for me ^_^

P.S. B1gg_Randall, keep up the good work, those links will come easier than you know it

Axis

Joekage said:
Sorry to all my XBL peeps who were waiting on me, ran into car trouble and wasn't able to make it to Chuvy's place to get on XBL. He called me telling me he decimated you guys, which if true, I am very disappointed xD. Also DBJ, I'm eager to hear about that cody reset still haha.

incorrect

Joekage

Axis said:
aha...damn. he seems alright with abel tho...he tries too hard to troll us with his bad fuerte

Apperantly he has a character for each tier of player he judges.

Fuerte = scrubs
Rufus= mid tier scrubs
Balrog = ok I have to semi get serious with scrubs
Abel = Ok time to get serious..scrub

He's solid when he wants to be, although his use of random specials always kicks my ass though for some odd reason...

Anyways, Daigo putting on a clinic at SVB, also PR Balrog vs Kusanagi, the 10 yr old Ryu player was epic.

Axis

lol, he should just stick with abel...what's the fun in playing if i can't learn that matchup anywhere? :(

Joekage said:
Apperantly he has a character for each tier of player he judges.

Fuerte = scrubs
Rufus= mid tier scrubs
Balrog = ok I have to semi get serious with scrubs
Abel = Ok time to get serious..scrub.

I do this with colors for juri

Anything other than default red blue black white pink or yellow = playing for shits and giggles.
Default: Fighting a mirror match
Red: Lazy.
Blue: Looking to learn from you
White: Slightly annoyed with your shittiness
Black: Really random? Really? I'm going to fucking kill you
Pink: I'm trying to show off and be annoying.
Yellow: Fighting seriously. Fighting hard. good luck may the best man win. (also current color for fighting unknown opponents)

Fraeon

Sakura is way too much fun. A one-trick pony but it's a fun trick that she has.

I've tried to learn her tricks just to complement my ultra annoying turtle Chun. But here's the problem I keep having now: what exactly does Sakura do against your average grappler?

My tactic for now has been chipping away with fireballs and then getting 360ed, which is fine if you like losing. I don't. At least not all the time.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Noticed for almost all my chars I tend to just end up picking color 9 for some reason.

Exception is Troll Hawk where it's 5.

MIMIC

Banned
Got semi-back into the "C to Shining C" achievement and tried to rank Dhalsim up. I actually got hatemail from this shitty ass Sagat in the process after he beat me. :lol Jesus. I even had the "Still A Beginner" thing up for the people who were taking this ultra seriously.

Stalled at around 700....so I ranked Fuerte up to B. :D Does that mean that I have to keep the B or I'm a scrub? =p

I played a Guile that beat me in straight rounds @_@. I don't think I've EVER had a Guile do that to me before. He didn't drop a single combo and was actually really good....but still :lol Guile is free for Fuerte.

And I kept rematching a pretty good Honda (what the fuck was I thinking after he beat the crap out of me twice? I was thinking with my EGO, that's what!) That's one of the worst match-ups for Fuerte but I held my nerve and we eventually went 2-2

OK, back to Dhalsim and I won't quit (or switch to Fuerte) no matter what! (after I forget about this game and go to bed)

Joekage said:
I perfected him with Sakura. =/

Fraeon said:
Sakura is way too much fun. A one-trick pony but it's a fun trick that she has.

I've tried to learn her tricks just to complement my ultra annoying turtle Chun. But here's the problem I keep having now: what exactly does Sakura do against your average grappler?

My tactic for now has been chipping away with fireballs and then getting 360ed, which is fine if you like losing. I don't. At least not all the time.
You've really got to be on point with your combos against grabblers.
Get your damage in and get out (since Sakura does a lot of damage, even to grapplers). I occasionally, I do fake resets to bait a command grab from them, and punish. But if you can, just spam fireballs as long as possible.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I finally found where I am fucking everything. I tend to always charge somewhere so it screws my QFC and stuff like that :lol Things of being a charge-whore for 16 years now =P

Threi

notag
anyone still using el fuerte? I used him as an alt in sf4 but want to give him another real shot since deejay has been stressing me the hell out lately :lol

USD

Playing on the 360 pad is so weird. My Guile is okay (doesn't help that I'm not that good anyway), but playing command characters is awkward. I feel so scrubby playing Fei right now.

Stupid FightPad.

EDIT: Fuck this shit. Dropped Rekkas, crouching foward FADC (lol Flame Kick). Shaking my head. It's gonna take forever to adjust.

USD

Holy Order Sol said:
From what I've heard they did play but Evans asked that there be no money on the line.
Smart man. :lol

EDIT: Now my internet hates me. Ragequitting on losses and wins. I am not amused.

eissan

Killa Sasa said:
GG's to Axis and Eissan. When Greg joined it booted me/my Live started acting up. I'd been on for a while anyway. Twas fun.

I am gonna get that cammy one day mike! one day!!!:D

GG's

Holy Order Sol said:
From what I've heard they did play but Evans asked that there be no money on the line.

I was just quoting the description on the youtube link. It's crazy how he can adjust so well. I wish they'd do another God's Garden concept match tournament. I would love to see a run back with Mochi and him going up against Sakonoko.

Does anyone have any info on the singles's tourney? I want to know how VVVscrub and Diego are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom