• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FindMyFarms said:
edit - LOL wtf is gutter doing in the low tier tourney? Ringer confirmed :lol

Did you look at the people who entered the tournament? Ploid, Gyrian, Gutter, etc. It's a shame. The scrubs are getting scammed.

It's like a catch-22 for Daigo. Stay in Japan, lose at God's Garden. Go to Europe, lose to Europas.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
I read that Ryan used Dhalsim against Daigo with in casuals. I think Daigo went to Cammy first because he expected Ryan to go with Dhalsim. That didn't happen, then he lost a Ryu mirror match. Besides that, this tourney was also single elim, for the top 8 or so anyways so no 2nd chances even if you never lost a set before top 8.
Where were you yesterday?

Hitokage said:
Where were you yesterday?

I went to Carowinds with friends and family, that Intimidator ride was pretty scary. Trust me I wanted to be there but I've ditched them a few times already for tournaments, I said I'd go with them this time. I'll definitely be at the next Lucky's though.

Fraeon said:
So apparently it's bizarro week. Santhrax playing Ryu, Daigo playing Cammy.

Madness.
Sanford has played as Ryu before in previous tourneys before nothing new.

As far as Daigo playing Cammy, he's been playing with her for awhile. He has 10k BP with her already on XBL.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
I went to Carowinds with friends and family, that Intimidator ride was pretty scary. Trust me I wanted to be there but I've ditched them a few times already for tournaments, I said I'd go with them this time. I'll definitely be at the next Lucky's though.
Ah well, I did pretty horrible too, even for me. Been busy with shit all week and only had three hours sleep the night before. Saw a lot of cool matches though.

Killa Sasa said:
Basically. When Filipino Champ was doing MM's at Evo with us he was spotting Balrogs 2 or 3 games in a FT5 with him and won em straight.:lol

He makes it look reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally easy.

Damn, that is disgusting lol

Did he MM PR Rog by any chance? And if so, did he spot him too?

Threi

notag
holy shit the deejay/rog matchup is brutal D:

ggs b.vegson

also lol @ rog's ex overhead stopping deejay's U1 clean :lol

Threi said:

ggs b.vegson

I turned my head away thinking that I was fucked, then I looked at the screen to find that I still living...then I lost. :lol

Man that matchup is so alien to me, but fun. I would like to play some mo of dat Jamican beat!! Need to get some experience under my belt.

GG's yo!

Threi said:

ggs b.vegson

Iuno, seems pretty even from when I played it. Deejay has fireballs to keep rog out and normals to anti-air all of his jumpins clean. Might be harder to anti-air with lag of course.

edit - vs rog, always throw him if you see him flash yellow, that's free for any character in the game.

hitsugi

Rice-Eater said:
Well here is a description of what happened at SVB from a English SRK poster

It looks like Ryan used Dhalsim to trick Daigo into counterpicking. Earlier matches on Youtube showed Daigo winning the Ryu mirror matches. So I guess this was Ryan's strategy to possibly get some kind of edge on Daigo and Daigo did exactly what Ryan wanted him to do.

that's brilliant. Japan isn't used to set ups like that... yet :lol

really curious to see how evo japan is going to shape up and if anyone else will be pulling tricks there

FindMyFarms said:
Iuno, seems pretty even from when I played it. Deejay has fireballs to keep rog out and normals to anti-air all of his jumpins clean. Might be harder to anti-air with lag of course.

edit - vs rog, always throw him if you see him flash yellow, that's free for any character in the game.
He did pretty well. Rushed down the fuck out of me.

Edit: sorry Greg and qcf, I'm not trying to sit in a room with 6 heads in it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
He did pretty well. Rushed down the fuck out of me.

Edit: sorry Greg and qcf, I'm not trying to sit in a room with 6 heads in it.

12 if they are male.

*whistles*

Any videos of this Tourney's top 8?

Does Luffy always use Rose?

I have heard the name many times in tourneys, and he seems to place well.
I felt I have heard him winning with another char though.

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:
And another match. Best Dudley on GAF, Gutter Trash vs Threi's little brother.
not trying to be disrespectful, but no, you need to see floyds dudley. I can't comment on God's beard.

FindMyFarms said:
Europe > Daigo > America > Europe??!?!

Seems like while Daigo always cleans up in America, himself along with the rest of the Japanese tend to struggle in Europe.

Talent wise, I wouldn't say Daigo is cocky or anything, I think people just forget how talented Ryan Hart is. Maybe not in Street Fighter, but in fighting games overall he's definitely in the same class as Daigo, Wong and the rest of the elite cast. Peeps forget he's a 3d player, and he kinda just picked up 3s and Sf4 on the side.

edit - LOL wtf is gutter doing in the low tier tourney? Ringer confirmed :lol

I totally agree, I think dude is a slept on talent, I know Tekken is his main game. But when I heard Ryan beat Daigo all I could think of was this

ShinNL

Posting from a hostel with a borrowed netbook: So many WTF moments in SVB. Videos will be uploaded when I'm back home.

Shout out to Wiseblade and MicVlad: great hanging out there with you.

Also met MarkMan, obviously played with Daigo in casuals (got destroyed), I was in the same pool as Ryan Hart (lost to him, won the rest so I got through the pools). Also got to play with Kayane(great girl) and many others. Overall it has been a great experience. Lost straight away in the brackets to a Bison played by Padgy(sp?).

I kind of regret a bit not having a HD console, but I can't blame my performance on that.

Anyway... gtg.

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:

maybe its my lack of skill but i wish it was that easy.

even something as simple to bait as TAP is hard to punish because of the recovery time on sobat and the nature of his normals (aside from c.mk they all start up really slow)

With guile it's not much of a problem but deejay's zoning game is a fair bit stricter.

zlatko

Banned
STG said:

Those 3S Grand Finals were amazing. Tome Makoto is beastly.

Daigo's Cammy is just...bad. I mean he'd beat me no problem with her, but compared to other pro Cammy's at that level it was just poor performance. Missing easy links, did random spikes, and didn't punish fireballs. Even gave away that one round with building a ton of meter with strikes instead of trying to make a come back.

His Ryu got cleaned out too. He should've just stuck with Ryu through and through, but I guess he didn't want the money that bad?

Nose Master

Ugh. Had a tournament over the weekend, did pretty awful. The first match though, jesus. The guy random ultra'd and I blocked it, and responded with Cody's U1. He slammed the table and got up to shake hands (it would have killed him), but knowing the shitty range on his U1, out of habit: "Nah dude, that's not gonna connect." He sat down and took the match. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Nose Master said:
Ugh. Had a tournament over the weekend, did pretty awful. The first match though, jesus. The guy random ultra'd and I blocked it, and responded with Cody's U1. He slammed the table and got up to shake hands (it would have killed him), but knowing the shitty range on his U1, out of habit: "Nah dude, that's not gonna connect." He sat down and took the match. :lol

I read this post too quickly. I thought the "Nah dude, that's not gonna connect" comment was you jokingly refusing to shake his hand, referencing his random ultra :lol

Yeah, Daigo's execution seemed to be just okay. He was missing a lot of links with Cammy. And his Ryu wasn't exactly crisp. Hey, at least he got third, so he wasn't totally free.

SB4 should fly the Europas over here instead of Choco Blanka, Daigo and Momochi. I'm sure Markman and crew can fly Daigo over here. Let's get Aulionne, Starnab and Ryan Hart up in this.

Killa Sasa said:
Seems like he was just trying to potentially counterpick, can't blame him in blindselect single elim. His Cammy definitely needs work. Shoulda stuck to his guns, and believed in him who believes in me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TASh-G2JCj0

Was I the only one unaware there were lyrics in this song :lol?

I always knew it was vocoded lyrics, but I've never been able to tell what they are (or even what language they are).

Killa Sasa said:
Seems like he was just trying to potentially counterpick, can't blame him in blindselect single elim. His Cammy definitely needs work. Shoulda stuck to his guns, and believed in him who believes in me.

holy shit! lol

I've been actually getting a bit tired of the character music, so I switched back to the regular BGM today

Killa Sasa said:

I thought it was I will be back on time... :lol

BotoxAgent said:
holy shit! lol

I've been actually getting a bit tired of the character music, so I switched back to the regular BGM today

Same here... You get tired of hearing ken & ryu's theme if you're playing ranked matches often

MIMIC

Banned
Killa Sasa said:

What the fuck are they saying in this one? :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwl6LQp1--U

EDIT: Wow. One of the comments has it :lol (just realized it's not a stage....but still)

Threi said:
maybe its my lack of skill but i wish it was that easy.

even something as simple to bait as TAP is hard to punish because of the recovery time on sobat and the nature of his normals (aside from c.mk they all start up really slow)

With guile it's not much of a problem but deejay's zoning game is a fair bit stricter.

If he whiffs the TAP in front of you do Far St. Fierce, it connects and is active on 8th, which is definitely fast enough (I'm assuming you meant to say start up on sobat.) If he does tap from full screen and you're anticipating it, you should jump when you see him start up the tap and you can get a free jump in combo.

Guile for sure zones better than Deejay vs. Balrog, but Deejay still is above average in that department and he can get better pressure on rog than guile can, especially after a knockdown and with rog's wide hitbox, the ambiguous crossups with jump knee are that much harder to block.

Killa Sasa said:
Damnit how can such a bastard of a character have such a good theme? Makes it harder to blindly hate him.

No it doesn't, just gives me another reason to hate on him :p j/k but wish the music in SSF4 was better than it is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That song :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom