• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
marathonfool said:
Daigo really screwed up that 3rd round with Cammy. Missed an easy hit confirm standing strong combo and also went for a sweep instead of a low forward after a jumping roundhouse.

Luffy picked apart Ryan Hart in the Grand Finals. Dat Rose is A-tier. :D

I will say this - I went to SVB to interview him on Saturday thanks to the Mad Catz guys, and he was tired as fuck. When I turned up for my interview (at 3pm in the afternoon) he was asleep in the corner of the tournament room, and one of his aides had to go wake him up. He was fucking knackered.

Wiseblade

My SVB was pretty good. made top 32, beat Kayane twice and Ryan Hart in the hypest match ever (until Yota topped it in the finals :D)

Soneet said:
Posting from a hostel with a borrowed netbook: So many WTF moments in SVB. Videos will be uploaded when I'm back home.

Shout out to Wiseblade and MicVlad: great hanging out there with you.

Also met MarkMan, obviously played with Daigo in casuals (got destroyed), I was in the same pool as Ryan Hart (lost to him, won the rest so I got through the pools). Also got to play with Kayane(great girl) and many others. Overall it has been a great experience. Lost straight away in the brackets to a Bison played by Padgy(sp?).

I kind of regret a bit not having a HD console, but I can't blame my performance on that.

Anyway... gtg.
Yeah, it was nice meeting you. A shame we didn't get to fight each other, even though we were in the same bracket I believe.

EDIT: Daigo asked for blind pick? Then he deserved to get buss up. His Cammy really wasn't up to standard. Ryan's arguement about Luffy pretty much sums up UK vs France in a nutshell. We don't have anyone who mains Fei Long or Rose AFAIK.

Imm0rt4l

Wiseblade said:
My SVB was pretty good. made top 32, beat Kayane twice and Ryan Hart in the hypest match ever (until Yota topped it in the finals :D)

Yeah, it was nice meeting you. A shame we didn't get to fight each other, even though we were in the same bracket I believe.

EDIT: Daigo asked for blind pick? Then he deserved to get buss up. His Cammy really wasn't up to standard. Ryan's arguement about Luffy pretty much sums up UK vs France in a nutshell. We don't have anyone who mains Fei Long or Rose AFAIK.
I believe Ryan Hart who asked for a blind pick.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just saw Daigos Cammy against Ryan Hart :lol

I've seen people online play a 10x better Cammy than Daigos... back to Ryu/Guile with you!

Yoshichan said:
Just saw Daigos Cammy against Ryan Hart :lol

I've seen people online play a 10x better Cammy than Daigos... back to Ryu/Guile with you!

hell, I think my Cammy might be better than Daigo's :lol

nah, no way :-(

Wiseblade

BotoxAgent said:
hell, I think my Cammy might be better than Daigo's :lol

nah, no way :-(

it was really funny because you could hear people complaining about Ryan counter picking in the quarters, saying that Daigo wil win "because he always sticks to Ryu" :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I want us to have a gaf-360-europe-tourney( *cricketschirp* anybody still left *cricketschirp* ).

1st prize : photo of my botched wax-attempt, shoulder only. 1 wax-strip was used. Never again.

2nd prize : said wax-strip

Who's with me?!

Not but srlsy, let's play, like gentlemen

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
haunts said:
ughhhh... -_-

live streams are luxury, not a privilege, come on. not every venue or event has the means to put one together.

that said, im gonna get my stream on tonight. heee haaw.

Oh I know that, but I would imagine that they'd at least collaborate to put one together seeing as even smaller tourneys for Street Fighter in the rest of the world have them, so I'd expect that for something as large as SVB.

Even if they had to fly someone in to do so, hopefully they do this next time around for the community.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
ughhhh... -_-

live streams are luxury, not a privilege, come on. not every venue or event has the means to put one together.

that said, im gonna get my stream on tonight. heee haaw.

Need some Haunts vs the world in this bitch.

APZonerunner said:
I will say this - I went to SVB to interview him on Saturday thanks to the Mad Catz guys, and he was tired as fuck. When I turned up for my interview (at 3pm in the afternoon) he was asleep in the corner of the tournament room, and one of his aides had to go wake him up. He was fucking knackered.

It was the same at Cannes for him and the other Japanese players. I don't know what it is that makes them always end up wasted when they come to Europe.

TimeKillr: I'm French and I can't stand Ken Bogard, I don't know how you can think he's on the same level as Chris Hu when it comes to commentary.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Holy Order Sol said:
It was the same at Cannes for him and the other Japanese players. I don't know what it is that makes them always end up wasted when they come to Europe.

Well the time zones are pretty different, no?

TimeKillr

Holy Order Sol said:

TimeKillr: I'm French and I can't stand Ken Bogard, I don't know how you can think he's on the same level as Chris Hu when it comes to commentary.

I dunno, I find him hilarious, and typically his commentary is spot on. (why did I say terry bogard rather than Ken Bogard I don't know).

Chris Hu does have MUCH MUCH more technical knowledge, though, but typically people were just laughing at his accent at first.

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:

It was SO distracting hearing him commentate on my matches in the 5v5. He just seemed to scream at the weirdest times, but it did make me laugh.

Lost Fragment said:
Well the time zones are pretty different, no?

Yeah, but I'm talking tired beyond what you'd normally expect... I guess it also has to do with how events are held around here (especially Cannes, Daigo is said to have been found asleep under a table minutes prior to playing a match, and even locals basically couldn't take it... so many days of tournaments back to back is just too much), both in terms of organization and schedule. I don't know how things went down at SVB, but Cannes had the usual insane amounts of delays and endless waiting time you'd expect from any tournament held in France, with the staff being so lax about schedule and all.

Regarding Ken Bogard: hearing him commentate a match in person is just unbearable because it sounds like the guy feels the need to spell out EVERY SINGLE THING happening on screen while keeping up with the action and speaking increasingly fast and loud. When you're past the first round in a match it ends up sounding unintelligible, something like "BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBBLL". What the hell.

Wiseblade

It's an unwritten rule that a European tournament has to:

1) start at least 30 minutes late
2) finish at least 2 hours late
3) have at least one setup break down.

:lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wiseblade said:

:lol :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
black_vegeta said:
Someone in a YouTube comment said you're a girl. He also, said that you would beat my ass in a number of sets. >_>

Countess Relix?

Wut? :lol :lol

Must be some of my sister's friends. She used to play with my account more than I did and play GeoW2 online and in tournaments so in time everyone began to call her Relix instead of me :lol She doesn't play much these days so yeah =P

AZ Greg

Relix said:
Wut? :lol :lol

Must be some of my sister's friends. She used to play with my account more than I did and play GeoW2 online and in tournaments so in time everyone began to call her Relix instead of me :lol She doesn't play much these days so yeah =P

We still need pics Relix!

And give us some of your sister while you're at it! :D

Threi said:
relix looks like reggie fils-aime, so relix's sister looks like...reggie's sister?

:lol :lol :lol

Lord fils-aime.

I was about say when I got that YT comment...how can I get dick riders on my dick like Relix?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Wiseblade said:

The first two are rules for US tournies, often by more time.

#3 not so much

Wiseblade said:
How long do you think I can introduce myself as "SVB top 32 finisher, Wiseblade" before people start punching me in the face? :lol
I don't care if you won SVB. You're free. :D

And Relix should be banned until he provides us with pics.

Wiseblade

Remember the 5v5 tournament I mentioned earlier? WGE has started uploading the first round to his channel. So far there's some of my first round matches but no sign of the angry dhalsim yet.

Wiseblade

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Could I just denounce Ryan Hart?

He's is a phenomenal player but man, what a mouth.
meh, I think he's earned the right to talk big. saying stuff like "I'd wouldn't lose if I knew the matchup" is a lot less arrogant when it's probably true.

Wiseblade said:
mah, I think he's earned the right to talk big. saying stuff like "I'd wouldn't lose if I knew the matchup" is a lot less arrogant when it's probably true.

Yeah I'm still not convinced of his SF4/SSF4 prowess.

Am I wrong in thinking Luffy is actually quality?

Wiseblade

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Yeah I'm still not convinced of his SF4/SSF4 prowess still.

Am I wrong in thinking Luffy is actually quality?

Luffy really is a great player, nobody is denying that, but the only matchup experience Ryan probably has in the Rose matchup is from rare tournament matches against Luffy. It's guaranteed he would have performed a lot better if there was good Rose player in London to learn against.

If thewre was anyone at SVB who needed to shut their mouth, it was PR Balrog.

Wiseblade said:
Luffy really is a great player, nobody is denying that, but the only matchup experience Ryan probably has in the Rose matchup is from rare tournament matches against Luffy. It's guaranteed he would have performed a lot better if there was good Rose player in London to learn against.

May I ask what happened kind sir?

Wiseblade said:
meh, I think he's earned the right to talk big. saying stuff like "I'd wouldn't lose if I knew the matchup" is a lot less arrogant when it's probably true.

It's just that people just don't want to hear that kind of talk. A lot of you guys(English/Euros) are getting a kick out of Americans making excuses for Daigo not getting a 2nd chance because top 8 or so is single elmination. Ryan saying he lost because of lack of experience may be different, but it'll be treated with the same sentiment.

Did the two play a long set or have a money match BTW. I'm curious to know who won that if it took place. All I've seen so far is a FT2 in which Daigo won 2-0 and hearing something about Ryan beating Daigo with Dhalsim and then him coming back with Cammy to return the favor.

Wiseblade said:

:( That could be me lol. But seriously I really should have gone, I'm not saying I'm that good but it would have interesting to see just how far away I am from that level so I could improve.

Wiseblade

black_vegeta said:
May I ask what happened kind sir?
Just being disrespectful to to people on his own team at the 5v5. Hovering over your own teammate, stick in hand ready to plug in, waiting for them to lose before they've even finished their match is beyond rude imo. He's a great player, but he was just being really mean to people half the time I saw him.

Wiseblade said:
Just being disrespectful to to people on his own team at the 5v5. Hovering over your own teammate, stick in hand ready to plug in, waiting for them to lose before they've even finished their match is beyond rude imo. He's a great player, but he was just being really mean to people half the time I saw him.

Yeah, that is a dickish thing to do.

Wasn't MicVlad on his team? I wonder if he experienced the Eduardo rudeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom