• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiseblade said:
How long do you think I can introduce myself as "SVB top 32 finisher, Wiseblade" before people start punching me in the face? :lol

That's okay, next time I'm on a win streak against you it will *prove* that I would have won SVB if I showed up :D

black_vegeta said:
Yeah, that is a dickish thing to do.

Wasn't MicVlad on his team? I wonder if he experienced the Eduardo's rudeness.

Also this, making angry Sim even angrier can't be a good thing. On the same subject do you know how VlaD placed?

Imm0rt4l

pr rog does seem pretty dickish. I remember at east coast throwdown he was super salty about an L he took or something.He left his team and seemed very uncompromising about rejoining, only to join later after the other team had assumed he wasn't playing anymore since he said as much, this fucked up the player order of who was going to fight who.

congratz on placing wiseblade

Satyamdas

Banned
I just gotta say I don't speak a lick of French but I love listening to that French dude. The guy is just so hype. I can't speak to his technical knowledge but the cat is entertaining as all hell. I remember in vanilla seeing a bunch of matches on youtube where he was the commentator and it was always awesome.

I also really like the Japanese guys' commentary, even though I don't know a word they're saying either. Good hype commentary transcends language barriers.

Then of course there are the Americans and I am fine with almost everyone. We just need about 500% more Magus1234 on the mic. The lone exception is sf4answers guy. I can appreciate his love for the game, and kinda feel bad for him catching so much hate, but you gotta know your strengths and weaknesses. And commentary is not a strength of his.

Sessler will always be a legend in my heart simply for "A flurry from Ricky!!", and "It's all tied up!".

Wiseblade

Rice-Eater said:
It's just that people just don't want to hear that kind of talk. A lot of you guys(English/Euros) are getting a kick out of Americans making excuses for Daigo not getting a 2nd chance because top 8 or so is single elmination. Ryan saying he lost because of lack of experience may be different, but it'll be treated with the same sentiment.

Did the two play a long set or have a money match BTW. I'm curious to know who won that if it took place. All I've seen so far is a FT2 in which Daigo won 2-0 and hearing something about Ryan beating Daigo with Dhalsim and then him coming back with Cammy to return the favor.
Fair enough, but I think a lot of the fury on both sides comes from Marn trying to say the Europe is free on Eventhubs and then getting told to suck on a lemon by the Prodigal Son. :lol

I believe they had a few matches against each other on the first day, where each was trying to out-counter-pick the other. Ryan went to sim, then Daigo went to cammy... somewhere along the way Daigo picked Guile and there was a Ryu mirror in there too, which Daigo won.

Solid_Rain said:
:( That could be me lol. But seriously I really should have gone, I'm not saying I'm that good but it would have interesting to see just how far away I am from that level so I could improve.
Seriously? A London Rose player?! Okay, This Thursday to have to go to Trocadero, right next to Leicester square and come play SSFIV with us. All the top London head will be there; Ryan, Yota, F-Word, RMZ, Slizzle, Zade, Andreas, DBUK... SVB top 32 finisher, Wiseblade, will be there too.

Spirit of Jazz said:
That's okay, next time I'm on a win streak against you it will *prove* that I would have won SVB if I showed up :D

Also this, making angry Sim even angrier can't be a good thing. On the same subject do you know how VlaD placed?

We'll see about that! although recently London Abels have started using option-select wheel kicks on my wakeup and on jump ins, so I've been struggling to beat abels ever since.

_dementia said:
Wiseblade, didn't you only start playing competitively after Super came out? Congrats on placing.
Well, I really started playing seriously a month before Super came out, but my first tournament was on Super.

Wiseblade

In my opinion F-Word and S-Kill are the two best commentators around for Super. Seeing the two commentate together was a hype moment for me.

hitsugi

Yoshichan said:
Just saw Daigos Cammy against Ryan Hart :lol

I've seen people online play a 10x better Cammy than Daigos... back to Ryu/Guile with you!

pretty much everyone shares this sentiment. even if Ryan had gone with Sim.. he would have been better off with Ryu.

kiun

Wiseblade said:
My SVB was pretty good. made top 32, beat Kayane twice and Ryan Hart in the hypest match ever (until Yota topped it in the finals :D)

Yeah, it was nice meeting you. A shame we didn't get to fight each other, even though we were in the same bracket I believe.

EDIT: Daigo asked for blind pick? Then he deserved to get buss up. His Cammy really wasn't up to standard. Ryan's arguement about Luffy pretty much sums up UK vs France in a nutshell. We don't have anyone who mains Fei Long or Rose AFAIK.

Nice. Congrats on placing top 32.

nycfurby said:
Daigo on blast? Fanboys exposed!?!? Daigo failing at counterpicking!?!? train!?! :lol :D

Don't talk about Daigo like that you son of a bitch!!!!!! GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!! :mad:

*sniffle*

I don't give a rats ass about Daigo. Now if you were talking about Maeda or Pamyu, I would be butt hurt!

hitsugi

nycfurby said:
Daigo on blast? Fanboys exposed!?!? Daigo failing at counterpicking!?!? train!?! :lol :D

You'd think someone from the states would have tried to pull something equally crafty by now.. but nope. Europe shows us how it's done.

Also wtf at missing every single link :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
From vyu on SRK:

Hi guys, i went to SVB tournament this weekend and made a good show with mak :) i will write more once at home, but just wanted to say what daigo told me after played him and after he saw me in the 5on5 tournament (ive lost against a wakeup ultra2 chunli in 1/16th :-(( )

Daigo: "you are the best makoto in the world i've seen so far" (me happy :)))

But the most important:

Daigo: "before seeing your makoto, i thought she was worst tier, now, i'm convinced she's mid-low, for the moment".

All other players included PR balrog (dont know if you know him), told me the same thong about "didnt know she was that strong".

Hell yeah guys!

We did it!

Ps: i had to do more tsurugi vs daigo (i think you already saw the vids). But you know, after waiting 44wins to play, i was scared of daigo and thought "he will punish every tsurugi...". But hell no, i should have to play normally.... Next time :p
Oh and im sure i could win matches if we could play again, because ive noticed only at the end that he backdashed too often :-(

\o/

Wiseblade

nycfurby said:
The worst part is that it was Daigo himself w2ho asked for the blind pick.Hopefully this whole event will show the west that Daigo really is beatable, just like every other human being.

Also. Shopping bag match and rose ball were too hype.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
yeah i mean daigo came into svb thinking it was gonna be a blatant pot monster carnival but got exposed instead!! blatant!!!!!!

This kind of stupid "backlash" wouldn't happen if people weren't so stupid about counterpicking and out to make it sound like it's a bad thing in the first place. Only things that matter are 1) tournament rules and 2) the outcome. If the TO allowed counterpick/let any player choose blind select then there's nothing to criticize about that choice in itself.

Imm0rt4l

I'm curious as to why v-ryu dropped gouken, is it just a style issue? Or does him dropping Gouken to play other characters, and now playing mak seriously, say something about Gouken as a character. Even Mago says he would pick up Gouken, that was back in early July. Mago isn't very good with gouken, but to me it seems he never played the character seriously anyways. Whenever I get my PS3 back, I'ma put Gouken on the map >:[

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Counter-picking or not, it was kinda shady/brilliant that Ryan was playing Dhalsim earlier only to end up playing Ryu afterwards, making Daigo go for Cammy after their matches earlier...

I still have to watch the matches myself, but reading that he was dropping links with Cammy sounded disappointing - and sleeping in the corner of the room? Somebody introduce him to Red Bull... :lol

And props to vryu, I've been playing Makoto even more than I did at launch, good to hear him earn that respect with him...

I counter pick your character, which causes you to counter my pick, which means I have to counter you...what a vicious circle...

And in the U.S. shouldn't people try to beat Wong/Marn/Ricky consistently before worrying about some Japanese guy who comes occasionally (and might not be the best player in his country)?

I wish Europe/U.S. would get more hype.

nycfurby said:
So does this mean if I play Daigo again hes gonna pick cammy and im gonna counterpick with rose?

If you money match him for $500 then yeah he might just do that. Good shit America, we've turned Daigo into a counterpicking whore, mission accomplished.

Imm0rt4l

Well sim has been giving Daigo a lot of problems, and mochi beats daigo more often than daigo beats mochi, so it was only a matter of time.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
god damn it, I hope Cammy doesn't get too popular. She's mah woman yo! :p

I don't think footage of Daigo not landing a single combo outside of c.MK -> spiral arrow is going to make people pick Cammy :p especially if they weren't after the show that Sako puts on.

hitsugi said:
I don't think footage of Daigo not landing a single combo outside of c.MK -> spiral arrow is going to make people pick Cammy :p especially if they weren't after the show that Sako puts on.

yeah, but it will make people curious and try her out

BotoxAgent said:
god damn it, I hope Cammy doesn't get too popular. She's mah woman yo! :p

More people probably are going to play your ex, since she's "top tier".

hitsugi said:

I wouldn't bet that this is the last time we see Umehara Cammy.

DryEyeRelief said:
More people probably are going to play your ex, since she's "top tier".

come to think of it, you are probably right. Since most of the popular characters people use tend to have either:

1) projectiles
2) gdlk pokes
3) safe moves

Cammy has none of those properties. She requires a bit more thinking I guess.

Just gonna copy paste my post from elsewhere from when J.Wong got whipped by Gamerbee's Adon and people were wondering if they were gonna have a flood of new users. While talking about a different character the same thing generally applies to this as well *and has applied already in the past truth be told, Daigo used Guile and suddenly a flood of new Guile users, most of them horrible, that died down after a few weeks*:

In my case I am just happy to see someone use a mid to low tier char and overcome his deficiencies enough to take out someone of Wong's skill. Its always exciting to see something like that.

As for all the people likely to flock to the character, well as always its very likely to go down something like this:

1. "OMG Adon has to be gud, he beat WonG!!" Flood of new Adon users.

2. "WTF I can't win, if the char can beat WonG why can't I?" Denial of the fact its the person at the helm makes the character good not the character itself.

3. "OMG Adon sucks, I am going back to Wiyuuu." 90% of the new Adon players move back to Ryu *though they will still loose more often than not to decent players even with Ryu* and maybe if your lucky the Adon forums might keep a couple promising recruits from this mess who find they like his playstyle.

GatorBait

I bought SSF4 last week and it has been ridiculously fun so far, and has opened the floodgates for me getting into fighting games again. HD Remix (used to play SF2 back as a kid) and MvC2 (never played before!) on PSN were the first cracks in the dam.

That being said, has SSF4 rendered HD Remix obsolete for anyone else? As fun and straightforward as HD Remix is, I don't know if I will be ever playing it over SSF4 now, especially SF4 now has all the Super Turbo characters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Udon Fighter is a joke right now.

There are three SF games out right now.

There's ST.

Then there's 3s.

Then there's SSFIV.

N4Us

GatorBait said:
I
That being said, has SSF4 rendered HD Remix obsolete for anyone else? As fun and straightforward as HD Remix is, I don't know if I will be ever playing it over SSF4 now, especially SF4 now has all the Super Turbo characters.

HDR is kinda flat for me cause I spent like a whole year playing mostly that game with friends.

I go back to it now and then but it's almost burnt into my mind.

ElFly

Hey guys, is there a complete list of the taunts/quotes for all characters?

e:I find the netcode of HDR way worse than SSF4's, so IMHO its less enjoyable online.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GatorBait said:
I bought SSF4 last week and it has been ridiculously fun so far, and has opened the floodgates for me getting into fighting games again. HD Remix (used to play SF2 back as a kid) and MvC2 (never played before!) on PSN were the first cracks in the dam.

HDR still has its charms, mostly being a lower execution game that rewards offense more.

SSF4 to me does make all other SF games obsolete though, even with its flaws.

BotoxAgent said:
come to think of it, you are probably right. Since most of the popular characters people use tend to have either:

1) projectiles
2) gdlk pokes
3) safe moves

Cammy has none of those properties. She requires a bit more thinking I guess.

2) she has em
3) how about advantage moves? dive kick ne1 lol?!

DR2K

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
If you money match him for $500 then yeah he might just do that. Good shit America, we've turned Daigo into a counterpicking whore, mission accomplished.

Ryu is a counterpick for everyone.

"If you money match him for $500 then yeah he might just do that. Good shit America, we've turned Daigo into a counterpicking whore, mission accomplished."

Have you never seen him play ST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom