• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

FindMyFarms said:
2) she has em
3) how about advantage moves? dive kick ne1 lol?!

Farms I need some advice/help with Cammy offense.
First is, when an opponent blocks a cannon strike just above their head but not TK'd and they block and I follow up with a TKCS it always beats throws but sometimes I get jabbed out of it, am I timing it wrong?
And the second thing is after knock down how do you usually follow up against chars with DPs on their wakeup?

Ledsen

So I haven't really been following the scene since EVO, what's been happening since? Any big tournaments I should catch up on (with links if possible)? I see there's been something called SVB, is there an archive of that anywhere?

Rice-Eater said:
If you money match him for $500 then yeah he might just do that. Good shit America, we've turned Daigo into a counterpicking whore, mission accomplished.

Do you still believe in that "the Japanese never counterpick" bullshit or what? They've always done that whenever the rules let them.

Wiseblade

Ledsen said:
So I haven't really been following the scene since EVO, what's been happening since? Any big tournaments I should catch up on (with links if possible)? I see there's been something called SVB, is there an archive of that anywhere?
Yeah, There wasn't a stream, but there's tons of cam footage already on Youtube that can be found simply by searching "SVB" for all videos uploaded this week. I'd reccomend watching Yota's match against Evans and Ryan Hart's match against Daigo. The 5v5 Tournament is being uploaded pretty quickly. V-Ryu's matches are worth watching to see what is probably the Best Makoto around. MicVlaD and myself are there too.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Fun times at SVB. <3

nycfurby: Take into consideration the stick illuminati. ;)

Ryan used a TE instead of his Hori during finals day.

Look what happened. ;)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
nycfurby said:
yeah i mean daigo came into svb thinking it was gonna be a blatant pot monster carnival but got exposed instead!! blatant!!!!!!

After his $20,000+ earnings at EVO, Daigo's probably not too bothered about SVB. I forgot, how much money did you lose at EVO?

Some salt in this thread...

How did Vryu connect the ultra from the low short? Was it a SJC? Hard to say who has the best Makoto (Flash is pretty scary too).

USD

Spiderjericho said:
Some salt in this thread...

How did Vryu connect the ultra from the low short? Was it a SJC? Hard to say who has the best Makoto (Flash is pretty scary too).
It was a meaty. Mak's low short has 4 active frames. Combined with a fairly quick 6-frame Ultra, she can link off the short. I'm pretty sure that the dash-in and whiffed jump attack were to time the short so it was hitting on the last active frames as Ryu stood up.

Makoto is the queen of meaty attacks, she can link into Ultra with numerous meaty normals (s.LP, s.MP, s.HK). Good luck hit confirming it though. :lol

FindMyFarms said:
2) she has em
3) how about advantage moves? dive kick ne1 lol?!

yeah, but they are not obvious to the obvious scrub/bandwagoner. Her divekick pressure is gdlk, but it requires a bit of work, thinking, and practice to get right. I still remember the Cammy forums quite depressed when vanilla first came out, lol. Actually, it took a while before everyone discovered how good of a character she is.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SnowWolf said:
After his $20,000+ earnings at EVO, Daigo's probably not too bothered about SVB. I forgot, how much money did you lose at EVO?

Daigo was a bit sad, but I don't blame him. The first thing he did was apologize to us about not winning. It's no biggie. Everyone knows, you can't win them all.

I think PR Balrog said it best after the tournament...

"THIS GAME IS ASS!" - PR Balrog

Then I suggested...

"That's why we all should play TEKKEN!" - MarkMan

"That game is ass too!" - PR Balrog

"Not as much as SFIV" - MarkMan

".....so true." *tear* - PR Balrog

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol

ShinAmano

So kind of related...I picked up Tekken 6 because of the upcoming cross overs...it was the first Tekken I have played since part 3...needless to say I can cross Tekken X SF off my list. Still very excited for SF X Tekken.

That said I have another two characters to 1000...almost all of my bad characters are there now...easy sailing ahead.

I need to sell this game so I can stop playing it for good. I try to play from time to time out of habit even though I've basically given up, and it never ends well obviously.

Curse whoever first introduced me to competitive fighting games, lucky for them it's been so long I can't remember who they are.

M Tyson said:
if you use the words scrub or salty, go fuck yourself kid

huh

Papi

ShinAmano said:
So kind of related...I picked up Tekken 6 because of the upcoming cross overs...it was the first Tekken I have played since part 3...needless to say I can cross Tekken X SF off my list. Still very excited for SF X Tekken.
Speaking of Tekken, my girl bought me Tekken 6 last week. I've never played Tekken. I was trying to learn it in practice mode and ghost mode with the kangaroo. Then I fight this chick and the bitch takes her head off and puts it in my kangaroo gloves and the head explodes. I was like, "Fuck this game!" and turned it off.
Tried a bit of online later and it was ass. Then played Street Fighter and oh what an elegant and satisfying game that it.

black_vegeta said:

haha, the first round pretty much looks like my matches against Chun's when I play guy

T_T

Tsukimiya is so amazing to watch because you can see him put all that insane amount of work just to stand toe to toe with other characters

last night I owned this Chun player 7 times in a row, then he retaliated by picking Balrog and proceeded to lose 7 times in a row :-(

Imm0rt4l

M Tyson said:
if you use the words scrub or salty, go fuck yourself kid
thumbs_01.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
http://www.facebook.com/MadCatzInc#!/album.php?aid=204511&id=152792137195&ref=mf

Pics from Super VS Battle !

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Papi said:
Speaking of Tekken, my girl bought me Tekken 6 last week. I've never played Tekken. I was trying to learn it in practice mode and ghost mode with the kangaroo. Then I fight this chick and the bitch takes her head off and puts it in my kangaroo gloves and the head explodes. I was like, "Fuck this game!" and turned it off.
Tried a bit of online later and it was ass. Then played Street Fighter and oh what an elegant and satisfying game that it.

The game isn't easy mode like Street Fighter is, you actually have to learn it. ;)

Novid

Banned
Man. After what happend in the Euro Tourny - im glad I stuck with Makoto. Christ, i wish I could use ultra one like that but online its a diffrent story.

Dartastic

Watching VRyu's Makoto. My god. Sometimes I wonder if my frustrations with her are due to playing online, because the lag can really, really make playing like that next to impossible.

Novid said:
Man. After what happend in the Euro Tourny - im glad I stuck with Makoto. Christ, i wish I could use ultra one like that but online its a diffrent story.
What happened with Makoto in Europe?
are you talking about 3S?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
what does gaf like more, deejay beating random people on ranked or deejay getting beasted on by satyamdas

It's always great to listen you whine when losing so... definitely getting beasted!

BitchTits

Dartastic said:
Watching VRyu's Makoto. My god. Sometimes I wonder if my frustrations with her are due to playing online, because the lag can really, really make playing like that next to impossible.
Makoto is definately one of the characters who suffers most from even a little online lag. I think because a lot of her moves have a lot of start up/delay.

Articate

Banned
So, I got my madcatz TE on Friday. The day which I both threw my back out something horrible and had to put down my cat, so I was out of it for a while. Now I'm furiously training (damn you, jump HK, HP, Shoryuken, FADC, Metsu :( ) and my executions should be back on spot in no time :>

Sensitive buttons. Sometimes I throw out a WP out of nowhere which actually sometimes helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom